Switching Ball for colder weather.

13»

Comments

• smc502smc502  1WRX Points: 5Members Posts: 1

In response to the guy that loves to read himself type and make four line spaces between paragraphs,
    Most pros don't change their ball by change of weather conditions because they rarely have to play a match somewhere when it's below 40°. Also just about every pro plays a pro V1 or tp5x which are already softballs very well suited for cold weather conditions. Not to mention any change, at anytime, in a professional players equipment requires stacks of paper for contracts

If you like a club because you think it looks cool and that makes you feel good, get it
    If you like a golf ball because you've heard some things that make you believe you'll play better and more confident, get it
    and if you want to do a little research for yourself before you reach a verdict, do it, but keep in mind on the internet some people, with minimal knowledge and experience on a subject, just say things and make claims that hold no water

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Buckets2Buckets2  2569WRX Points: 293Members Posts: 2,569

Posted:
  • elwhippyelwhippy  3364WRX Points: 326Members Posts: 3,364

We teed off at 845am yesterday. Some frost in the ground and a cold wind. I was using a Supersoft and partner started with a TP5X. Three holes in he swapped to a Srixon Soft.....the TP5X was useless in really cold conditions. Add in the leaves and mud and nobody in their right mind uses a premium ball in the UK in Winter.

Posted:
  • tanker44tanker44  414WRX Points: 127Members Posts: 414

I play TP5X during summer and just bought a couple dozen 3 piece Costco Kirklands at less than $1 a ball.. played in about 45-50 degree temp last week and they felt great

Posted:
    TM M2 2016 10.5* FujiPro 53
    Titleist TS2 16.5* Speeder Evo OG
    TM UDI 17* UST Recoil
    TM P790 2019 4-PW Ctapers
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50/54/58 
    Evnroll ER5 

• jimb6golfjimb6golf  1681WRX Points: 171Members Posts: 1,681

I play Snell MTB or MTB-X during the summer and then switch to either Snell Get Sum or Srixon Soft Feel in the colder months in New England. Not only do you want a soft ball you want one that isn't too expensive in case you lose it in the leaves, mud, etc. And optic yellow balls in the fall and winter too to help with finding them more easily.

Posted:
  • ImpImp Fueled  6146WRX Points: 240Handicap: 9.8Members Posts: 6,146

On -, @smc502 said:

In response to the guy that loves to read himself type and make four line spaces between paragraphs,
    Most pros don't change their ball by change of weather conditions because they rarely have to play a match somewhere when it's below 40°. Also just about every pro plays a pro V1 or tp5x which are already softballs very well suited for cold weather conditions. Not to mention any change, at anytime, in a professional players equipment requires stacks of paper for contracts

If you like a club because you think it looks cool and that makes you feel good, get it
    If you like a golf ball because you've heard some things that make you believe you'll play better and more confident, get it
    and if you want to do a little research for yourself before you reach a verdict, do it, but keep in mind on the internet some people, with minimal knowledge and experience on a subject, just say things and make claims that hold no water

Welcome to the forum. The forum software recently changed and you're reading posts that were made before the changeover. As such, some formatting of old posts got messed up, which you are seeing the result with the line/paragraph spacing. That you chose to disparage the user(s) over that in your into line, in your 1st post.... is not a great way to make friends here.

You should really take your own advice...

but keep in mind on the internet some people, with minimal knowledge and experience on a subject, just say things and make claims that hold no water

--kC

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5 / Callaway Rogue 3W / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons / Callaway MD4 52*, 58*, 64*
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • KloppoKloppo  9WRX Points: 13Members Posts: 9

I'm wondering if there is a certain temp that has a sharp drop off when playing a normal tour ball? I'm using the Maxfli Tour CG which I think is 90 compression. I'm more of a tennis player and there is a huge drop off at 55F, the balls don't have the same pop or bounce off the court.

I played today in 44F with no breeze and some sun and I felt like I was hitting a rock, with a forged club. At 50F last week it seemed much better. Just wondering if someone has any input/data backing this up. And should I switch to a lower compression ball? I had a Top Flite D+ Feel that I tried and it did not seem to matter.

Posted:
  • LionGolferLionGolfer  1406WRX Points: 147Members Posts: 1,406
    Posted:
    Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
    UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
    Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
    Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
    Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.