my custom putter (who can make this???) please help....

2»

Comments

• sharkharksharkhark Members  1691WRX Points: 129Posts: 1,691 Platinum Tees
    super..i really like the bottom...wonder if on top would it be too distracting...or is a gun blue or those other options a bit shiny but not too much? I would take a bit of glare on top myself, to get the look i like...such a newbie...i really need to learn these finishes, neck options etc etc etc....
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Lngnokr71Lngnokr71 Hmmm what to get next? Members  965WRX Points: 0Posts: 965
    sharkhark wrote on Sep 13 2008, 11:54 AM:
    super..i really like the bottom...wonder if on top would it be too distracting...or is a gun blue or those other options a bit shiny but not too much? I would take a bit of glare on top myself, to get the look i like...such a newbie...i really need to learn these finishes, neck options etc etc etc....

The entire putter has a 3x black oxide finish done to it....The top line and back (flange, shoulders, bumper and cavity) were beadblasted so once the 3x black oxide was applied, it would give the putter a matte look to reduce glare at address.....
    Posted:
    Lngnokr71 wrote on Sep 13 2008, 11:09 AM:
    sharkhark wrote on Sep 13 2008, 11:54 AM:

The entire putter has a 3x black oxide finish done to it....The top line and back (flange, shoulders, bumper and cavity) were beadblasted so once the 3x black oxide was applied, it would give the putter a matte look to reduce glare at address.....

so if one did not beadblast it would be a bit shiny on top? any example of pic if i did not beadblast..does not have to be a HTP, i just get confused on what a 3xblack would like like without the bb

sorry if all these questions are too much...feel free to say "shut it" at any time image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' />
    Posted:
  • BDLzBDLz DON'T DRINK THE KOOL AID! Members  1117WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,117
    It would look just like the bottom if it wasn't beadblasted.
    Posted:
    here's a couple of putter pics with Black ox that don't have a matte finish.....

IMG_16892028Large29.jpg

post-13484-1218043455-2_thumb.jpg
    Posted:
    Lngnokr71 wrote on Sep 13 2008, 03:41 PM:
    here's a couple of putter pics with Black ox that don't have a matte finish.....

IMG_16892028Large29.jpg

post-13484-1218043455-2_thumb.jpg

yeah..yeah..yeah...that is it. I like it. I realize in bright sun a bit of possible distraction but i love that bit of shine. I just did not

understand why they had a black called glossy and 2xblack oxide, the pics you supplied are the 2xoxide type right?

It reminds me of scotty cameron who had a finish called black pearl which is the finish i like. So is the 'glossy' offered a really really

shiny version?

PS Thanks again for the pics and please continue to update as your putter progresses.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    I just want to start this post off by thanking Charlie Dixon of Home town Putter and Kevin Colbert of Colbert putter plating for creating the sickest putter I've ever owned....Charlie took on the challenge and hand milled the putter I wanted at an affordable price and it didn't take months and months to get......Kevin did the finish and the engravings....I was able to work closely with both these individuals and after several emails and phone coversations later, they together were able to create the image that was in my head...Not only did they meet my expectation but the exceeded them.....I couldn't be happier, I got my double bend heel shafted, Anser style putter that is similar in shape to the Scotty Squareback and the Yes Donna but it has a black oxide finish, mill marks and engravings instead of handstamps, all of which I requested.....If your looking for an affordable handmade custom putter then look no further, Charlie Dixon is the guy......

So what do ya think????

Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • A-TrainA-Train Members  162WRX Points: 0Posts: 162
    Looks great. Wonder if Charlie carved any more while the jigs and machine were setup?

The finish is classy. A green (match the clover) Iomic grip would be schweeet!

Great post!
    Posted:
    A-Train wrote on Sep 25 2008, 09:01 PM:
    Looks great. Wonder if Charlie carved any more while the jigs and machine were setup?

The finish is classy. A green (match the clover) Iomic grip would be schweeet!

Great post!
    I went with a midsize (black) Iomic.....
    Posted:
    Very very nice. Unique idea of your name as alignment. Have you rolled the rock yet? Curious on the roll and feel. You said the milling on face

was specialized for you? Or is that their standard milling.
    Posted:
  • TM golf guyTM golf guy Members  9985WRX Points: 1Posts: 9,985 Titanium Tees
    Beautiful putter. Hope you make lots of putts with it.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • zo0m27zo0m27 Members  429WRX Points: 72Posts: 429 Greens
    What type of metal is this made of?

How does it putt?

Is it face balanced?

... and one last question, what was the final (ballpark) price for it?

Looks great, thanks for the pics,

SJD
    Posted:
    sharkhark wrote on Sep 25 2008, 09:55 PM:
    Very very nice. Unique idea of your name as alignment. Have you rolled the rock yet? Curious on the roll and feel. You said the milling on face

was specialized for you? Or is that their standard milling.

The idea for my name as the sightline came from the original Channel Island putter that Byron Morgan made for drewspin....except that putter was handstamped and mine was engraved...

The milling on the face, I would asume is HTP's standard milling....
    Posted:
    zo0m27 wrote on Sep 25 2008, 10:08 PM:
    What type of metal is this made of?

How does it putt?

Is it face balanced?

... and one last question, what was the final (ballpark) price for it?

Looks great, thanks for the pics,

SJD
    The putter was milled out of 1018 carbon steel....

Yes, it is faced balanced........ and the feel is fairly soft yet it has a crisp feel to it....

Ballpark figure....well, I'll leave that up to Charlie to give....What I can tell you is that it was hundreds less than Tom Slighters quote, actually just less than half as much......
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.