Bead blast G700 irons

SkeeterSkeeter Members Posts: 882 ✭✭
Anybody thought about it? The hydro pearl finish sucks and the whole scotchbrite routine didn’t touch it.

Comments

• erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers Posts: 3,928 ✭✭
    edited Oct 12, 2018 #2
    Interesting. I had to use some elbow grease but the green pad took most of the frosted finish off mine. Barkeepers Friend as many had suggested never did anything for me in terms of removing the finish. It was all in the pad.

I bought mine in April. Maybe ping worked on finish durability and changed something.

Driver: Ping Rhapsody 16*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H

• thecrawthecraw Posts: 1,052 ✭✭
    Why do people on here get so worked up about the finish? Clubs get nicks, bumps, faces look worn after a while. Swinging a lump of metal into the ground at 90 miles an hour is going to leave marks.

My i200 have always looked worn from about a week after owning them but that's life and I expect clubs to go that way. They still perform as good as the day I bought them, that'll do for me.

Good luck with the bead blasting, post pictures if you do them.
    Ping G400 LST driver - Speeder Evolution 569

Ping G 5 wood - UST Mamiya Attas 3

Ping G400 3 Crossover - 19 UST Elements Earth

Ping i200 4-W Alta CB shafts

Ping Glide 2.0 wedges 50, 54 + 58

Cure RX4 putter
  • KevmontonKevmonton Posts: 220 ✭✭
    thecraw wrote:

Why do people on here get so worked up about the finish? Clubs get nicks, bumps, faces look worn after a while. Swinging a lump of metal into the ground at 90 miles an hour is going to leave marks.

My i200 have always looked worn from about a week after owning them but that's life and I expect clubs to go that way. They still perform as good as the day I bought them, that'll do for me.

Being the club junkie that I am I always get a decent return when I sell my equipment when it is time to "upgrade" if it is in good condition. Do you wax your car?
  • toctoc Members Posts: 2,714 ✭✭
    thecraw wrote:

I’m in the same school of thought as you, don’t really care about looks as long as they aren’t full of dirt.

On the other hand, I don’t care about what other people do with their clubs. For future resale value, uniqueness, or just to look cool the reasons have nothing to do with me so whatever.
    Glove: ML
    Tees: 2 3/4
    Towel: white
    Repair tool: metal
    Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
    Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying
  • thecrawthecraw Posts: 1,052 ✭✭
    Kevmonton wrote:

thecraw wrote:

Being the club junkie that I am I always get a decent return when I sell my equipment when it is time to "upgrade" if it is in good condition. Do you wax your car?

No. It sometimes has a nice collection of dead flies and bugs though. It gets a jet wash and that's it.
    Ping G400 LST driver - Speeder Evolution 569

Ping G 5 wood - UST Mamiya Attas 3

Ping G400 3 Crossover - 19 UST Elements Earth

Ping i200 4-W Alta CB shafts

Ping Glide 2.0 wedges 50, 54 + 58

Cure RX4 putter