opinions please

i would like to add a gps , or range finder to my bag, next year. My game is no longer good enough to need pin point measurements, so lately i have been leaning more to the gps style. I have tried apps, and currently have 18 Birdies installed. It's nice, but I would like to try a stand alone unit. The Bushnell Phantom has been on my radar, because of size and price. Any opinions on that or other units would be appreciated.

Comments

• swgolferswgolfer GoLow2 Members Posts: 314 ✭✭
    firedad wrote:

i would like to add a gps , or range finder to my bag, next year. My game is no longer good enough to need pin point measurements, so lately i have been leaning more to the gps style. I have tried apps, and currently have 18 Birdies installed. It's nice, but I would like to try a stand alone unit. The Bushnell Phantom has been on my radar, because of size and price. Any opinions on that or other units would be appreciated.
    I would take a look at the Golf Buddy Voice for one, it is very accurate for a GPS device and easier to use than the Phantom which requires toggling to the course or hole if you shotgun start. As far as watches there are multiple choices from multiple manufactures, do some research as well as there is a difference in the quality of the mapping between companies which produces better yardage.