SWAG Putters...first experience and WOW!

Just picked this up and I was BLOWN away with the craftsmanship and look of this putter! It’s feels even better but the attention to detail that they bring to the game is awesome.

The finish has nice blues and purples when you turn it in the light.

Not much on them here but I would love to hear your thoughts and post what SWAG gear you have.

Just need to find a SWAG cover but my Joker one will do for now.

I love the fact that these guys make their putters without the line through the bottom of the flange from where the shoulders transition into the bumpers. No idea why there aren't more manufacturers that do this. Give me this or Handsome Too in a widebody with a pipe neck at 20-25* of toe hang and I'm happy. Going the custom route for this will cost me upwards of $750.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Nice looking Anser/009/Dale Head etc.

But yeah, $555 seems both arbitrary and ridiculously high. More style than substance it would seem.

I must say that I don't get all of the skulls and black and murder and badass and money aesthetic they are pushing. Seems to appeal to people in Las Vegas (or those who want to be in Las Vegas) and the PXG crowd, but outside of that, who is buying this crap?

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

But yeah, $555 seems both arbitrary and ridiculously high. More style than substance it would seem.

I must say that I don't get all of the skulls and black and murder and badass and money aesthetic they are pushing. Seems to appeal to people in Las Vegas (or those who want to be in Las Vegas) and the PXG crowd, but outside of that, who is buying this crap?

Ya especially because the target market for golf in general are Gen X or older millenials now... I don't see many guys age 40+ being into that kind of thing. Those dudes are buying refined looking Byron's/Betti's/Scotty's etc and not some pimped out looking thing. Most guys who have the extra cash to burn on a putter for $500+ generally aren't 20 somethings, which seems to be the type of person who might want this.

To me it's like spending $50k on a Scion or STi, when all you want is a nice looking luxry sedan.

Yeah, I think it’s a really nice looking putter, but the whole company aesthetic is kind of off putting. That whole $111.11 thing seems kind of hokey and that artificial one per customer limit is an eye roller.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

So I think the overall product and all their finishes look great, but even as a 22 year old I think the whole skull/sunglasses/just calling the company swag is just way over the top. I feel like I'm their target market but I find it sorta annoying/would be really cool for someone ten years younger than me. OP if you're happy with it I'm happy for you though!

If you realized the amount of milling that goes into this putter, you’d realize why the price tag is what it is (and how it could be much much higher). Easily 4-5x more milling than any other OEM. Have to see it to realize beauty. If that doesn’t appeal to you, don’t buy it.

If you realized the amount of milling that goes into this putter, you’d realize why the price tag is what it is (and how it could be much much higher). Easily 4-5x more milling than any other OEM. Have to see it to realize beauty. If that doesn’t appeal to you, don’t buy it.

I couldn’t agree more! The amount of milling and attention to detail is unreal.

If you realized the amount of milling that goes into this putter, you'd realize why the price tag is what it is (and how it could be much much higher). Easily 4-5x more milling than any other OEM. Have to see it to realize beauty. If that doesn't appeal to you, don't buy it.

Can you elaborate? I'm actually curious, not being a jerk.

I always assumed this is just put on a 5 axis CNC and some guy presses "GO" and it runs for 12 hours or how ever long it takes to produce. I figured 90% of their OH costs have to do with the cost of the machine and maintaining it, and paying sales people to take and track orders. I didn't see any special features on either design that looks any different than a DH89, etc. Granted a stainless Byron does cost more than $555, you also get ANY kind of finish you can imagine, any kind of stampings, any neck... basically 100% custom. This is not quite like that.

If by "amount of milling" you mean the artsy looking stuff on the bottom... Then that's crazy to think you could have say a $300 putter without all that stuff. It's certainly a nice looking piece, but I'd much rather pay $250 or something with 0% custom work done, minus all the skulls and $$ signs. But then at that point... If I'm just buying a bland looking Anser, I could go buy a TM Juno on eBay for $200. So... That's kind of my whole thought process on that.

If you realized the amount of milling that goes into this putter, you'd realize why the price tag is what it is (and how it could be much much higher). Easily 4-5x more milling than any other OEM. Have to see it to realize beauty. If that doesn't appeal to you, don't buy it.

I always assumed this is just put on a 5 axis CNC and some guy presses "GO" and it runs for 12 hours or how ever long it takes to produce. I figured 90% of their OH costs have to do with the cost of the machine and maintaining it, and paying sales people to take and track orders. I didn't see any special features on either design that looks any different than a DH89, etc. Granted a stainless Byron does cost more than $555, you also get ANY kind of finish you can imagine, any kind of stampings, any neck... basically 100% custom. This is not quite like that.

If by "amount of milling" you mean the artsy looking stuff on the bottom... Then that's crazy to think you could have say a $300 putter without all that stuff. It's certainly a nice looking piece, but I'd much rather pay $250 or something with 0% custom work done, minus all the skulls and $$ signs. But then at that point... If I'm just buying a bland looking Anser, I could go buy a TM Juno on eBay for $200. So... That's kind of my whole thought process on that.

Yeah, I don't think anyone (myself included) is questioning the quality of the head, or how much time went into producing it. Clearly, the process takes time and costs more than mass production.

That being said, there are any number of companies out there offering Anser style putters with high quality manufacturing and finish. Why not go with a Byron, Lajosi, or even a Ping Vault, if manufacturing quality and finish is what you are looking for. There are so many choices in this segment of the market.

Given all of this, it seems that SWAG is seeking to differentiate itself through their aesthetic. That's what makes both the company and its products different from the competition. It is a very Bob Parsons kind of move. Just do what everyone else is doing, but make it "badass" and charge a premium. Being "badass" apparently means lots of black, plus money, skulls, and sunglasses (custom chopper and leather jacket optional). I wonder, is being a "badass" something that you can purchase?

Now, one could make the argument that SWAG has better quality and a better price, but then you are still going to have to look at ridiculous skulls wearing sunglasses every time you take it out of the bag.

This would be analogous a brief period in my playing career when I was forced to use a Coors Light putter that I won in a scramble. Sure, it sunk some putts, but people kept buying me Coors Lights all the time. It was clearly giving people the wrong impression.

or
or

Yeah, I don't think anyone (myself included) is questioning the quality of the head, or how much time went into producing it. Clearly, the process takes time and costs more than mass production.

That being said, there are any number of companies out there offering Anser style putters with high quality manufacturing and finish. Why not go with a Byron, Lajosi, or even a Ping Vault, if manufacturing quality and finish is what you are looking for. There are so many choices in this segment of the market.

Given all of this, it seems that SWAG is seeking to differentiate itself through their aesthetic. That's what makes both the company and its products different from the competition. It is a very Bob Parsons kind of move. Just do what everyone else is doing, but make it "badass" and charge a premium. Being "badass" apparently means lots of black, plus money, skulls, and sunglasses (custom chopper and leather jacket optional). I wonder, is being a "badass" something that you can purchase?

Now, one could make the argument that SWAG has better quality and a better price, but then you are still going to have to look at ridiculous skulls wearing sunglasses every time you take it out of the bag.

This would be analogous a brief period in my playing career when I was forced to use a Coors Light putter that I won in a scramble. Sure, it sunk some putts, but people kept buying me Coors Lights all the time. It was clearly giving people the wrong impression.

Parsons is a good comparison. I've heard great things about Swag putters but I'm not in the $555 market either. I love their accessories though, the quality is excellent and they take a tongue-in-cheek approach to the whole collectibles racket, see the F5 marker and Cart Sniper cover. And the dolphin "flipper" covers that give a nod to everyone reselling. Don't know if there's long-term staying power, but it's fun to watch a company that doesn't take itself too seriously.

I’m curious as to what putter manufacturer you and Z1ggy16 choose or prefer?

If it’s Cameron great but not all of his putters are milled anywhere near California. If it’s Lamb he makes 4 headstyles that mimic every other maker out there and are just as over priced with just as many stamps or slogans that are not mature. Byron last I knew was getting most heads blank and just finishing them not making them. But that was a while ago he may have changed.

The headshape for the handsome one is quite different than other dale head designs and by you not being able to see the differences actually hurts your credibility in bashing the swag brand.

mws82 - "The headshape for the handsome one is quite different than other dale head designs and by you not being able to see the differences actually hurts your credibility in bashing the swag brand."

Please don't...

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

mws82 - "The headshape for the handsome one is quite different than other dale head designs and by you not being able to see the differences actually hurts your credibility in bashing the swag brand."

Please don't...

Don’t what? It has similarities but has more differences to the dalehead shape then the others manufacturers I mentioned. Everything I said was true.

I'm curious as to what putter manufacturer you and Z1ggy16 choose or prefer?

If it's Cameron great but not all of his putters are milled anywhere near California. If it's Lamb he makes 4 headstyles that mimic every other maker out there and are just as over priced with just as many stamps or slogans that are not mature. Byron last I knew was getting most heads blank and just finishing them not making them. But that was a while ago he may have changed.

The headshape for the handsome one is quite different than other dale head designs and by you not being able to see the differences actually hurts your credibility in bashing the swag brand.

That's fair enough that you have an opinion or whatever, but here's a pic of the H1 and the current Dale Anser:

QTKVaPdl.png

Other than the cavity is slliiiiggghttttllly different, I fail to see anything that's "quite different". Maybe the shoulders on the Anser are machined slightly lower off the back face??? But either way, everything is just a clone of other models from years ago. DH89, Anser, TM Soto, Newport, this model... They are all blades with rounded & raised bumpers.

And I'm not even bashing them, I'm saying I don't get there approach to marketing and pricing. The product looks cool enough, but it's not that unique other than the wacky stamping/milling on the bottom. You clone a Anser style, give customers minimal customization then charge them $550 for your no name brand. If they offered tons of customization and personalization like other shops, then yeah the high prices are justified.

And I currently own a fully custom Xenon which is fairly similar in style to the SWAG model. It's got an oil can torched finish, with a diamond weave face and welded goose neck, with a milled sight line and a rainbow torched carbon Damascus badge in the cavity, with custom stamps on the bumpers. For $400.

cdJgj79l.jpghi0qVo9l.jpgwzZmwphl.jpg

Z1ggy16, that is?

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Piretti Savona 

Z1ggy16, that is��

Thanks!! When this thing is middled, it's heavenly.

I’ve been debating diving into the custom putter market but haven’t been able to find someone to get what I want for less than $700 or so. Looking at his IG and the price you said it cost you for full custom, I’m confident he would be the one to make it work for me.

Piretti Savona 

I'm curious as to what putter manufacturer you and Z1ggy16 choose or prefer?

If it's Cameron great but not all of his putters are milled anywhere near California. If it's Lamb he makes 4 headstyles that mimic every other maker out there and are just as over priced with just as many stamps or slogans that are not mature. Byron last I knew was getting most heads blank and just finishing them not making them. But that was a while ago he may have changed.

Check sig and you'll see that I use a mass produced POS from Odyssey. Cheap and effective.

I gave up blade putters years ago, and never got along with Anser style heads to begin with. The last blade putter I used on the course was a BeCu Ping Zing 2 that I gave up on in the early 2000's. As a mallet user, I am pretty much excluded from the boutique putter market.

As many have commented, it seems that all the boutique manufacturers can do is produce yet another shiny milled Anser - except this one took 3000 man hours to create, costs five times as much, and has really cool paint fill. That smacks of style over substance to me.

When it comes to golf, I'm not looking to impress anyone (including myself) with anything other than the score on the card.

or
or

Z1ggy16, that is��

Thanks!! When this thing is middled, it's heavenly.

I've been debating diving into the custom putter market but haven't been able to find someone to get what I want for less than $700 or so. Looking at his IG and the price you said it cost you for full custom, I'm confident he would be the one to make it work for me.

Yeah contact him via Facebook if you have it. If not, PM me and I'll give you his email. Just be warned...he isn't the best at communication (none of the 1 man shops are) and he took a fairly long time to produce that...but not massively longer than most. If you live where the season is coming to a close soon, I'd wait til next year to order as you likely wouldn't see a putter til Xmas or maybe even Jan.

Lots of typical douchery from the wrx crowd, as expected. If you dont like the $555 price tag SEE YOURSELF OUT! I am very interested in trying one of these putters, love what they are doing. Some of you really need to educate yourself about a brand before you bash it. FFS!

*slow clap* ...agree completely*

*unless it's cleveland, wilson/wishon

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Lots of typical douchery from the wrx crowd, as expected. If you dont like the $555 price tag SEE YOURSELF OUT! I am very interested in trying one of these putters, love what they are doing. Some of you really need to educate yourself about a brand before you bash it. FFS!

*slow clap* ...agree completely*

*unless it's cleveland, wilson/wishon

Haha well that’s a given when it comes to Cleveland and Wishon staff.

If Swag comes out with another murdered out putter I’m swagging one.