Las Vegas Trip ....where to play?

2»

Comments

• zripp3zripp3 Members Posts: 647 ✭✭
    Fotsguy wrote:

How did you get a tee time at LVCC?

I was out the 2nd week of December for work and called LVCC after reading on here that they were open for public play. The guy asked me my home club, which I gave him, and said they allow reciprocal play. Not sure if he did anything to verify my membership or what would've happened if I didn't have a home club, but it was pretty dead out there (Wednesday afternoon). Enjoyed the round, not worth the money. Fun "historical" markers spread throughout the course and it obviously has a lot of history.

We also got an Uber up to Paiute. I called the day before about their Golfapalooza special and they were able to get us out the next day early enough to get 36 in on Wolf/Snow. That is a heck of deal - 36 holes, cart, lunch, 1 beer for something like $160.
  • garytgaryt Members Posts: 267 ✭✭
    FlyOver wrote:

Best Course for $100 or less....Boulder Creek Golf Club in Boulder City. Plays similar to Paiute.

Boulder creek was nice and cheap as you say. A little drive but worth it.
  • flushemflushem Members Posts: 1,571 ✭✭
    Two weeks ago, I got underpar.com deal for $100 at Bali Hai. It was super cold in the morning but ended up being very good golfing day. They kept the course well.
    WWG1 WGA
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members Posts: 3,993 ✭✭
    There are some very friendly women that live along LVCC and they don't like tan lines. And they're not shy.

I'd play there again.
    LeoLeo99 wrote:

There are some very friendly women that live along LVCC and they don't like tan lines. And they're not shy.

I'd play there again.

LOL I hope they are age-appropriate.
    WWG1 WGA
    flushem wrote:

LeoLeo99 wrote:

I'd play there again.

Oh, they are fully mature women. Keep your eyes open if you play there and favor the left side of the 15th fairway.
    LeoLeo99 wrote:

flushem wrote:

LeoLeo99 wrote:

I'd play there again.

Oh, they are fully mature women. Keep your eyes open if you play there and favor the left side of the 15th fairway.

That would be the scene I would go for. What I meant was those too old to look at.
    WWG1 WGA
    flushem wrote:

LeoLeo99 wrote:

flushem wrote:

LeoLeo99 wrote:

I'd play there again.

That would be the scene I would go for. What I meant was those too old to look at.

My assumption is they work at one of the various adult entertainment establishments in the area.
  • jhovajhova Members Posts: 13
    just came back from Vegas 2 weeks ago for a golf trip.

Given you budget I would recommend this deal from Pauite Golf Course. Given the sunset, our foursome finished. Barely.

We played wolf than snow. Sun was closed. Keep in mind there is no tree cover here. The wind was blowing 10mph and it felt like 25mph.

GOLFAPALOOZA (INCLUDES 2 ROUNDS IN A DAY, LUNCH, 50% OFF RENTAL CLUBS)*

*RATES LISTED ARE PER PERSON

WEEKDAY (MONDAY - THURSDAY)
    • SNOW MOUNTAIN OR SUN MOUNTAIN - $149
    • THE WOLF - $159

WEEKEND (FRIDAY - SUNDAY)
    • SNOW MOUNTAIN OR SUN MOUNTAIN - $169
    • THE WOLF - $179
  • Loomis13Loomis13 Members Posts: 182 ✭✭
    Heading to Vegas in March. Planning on 36 at Pauite, royal links. Probably a third, but haven't chose where. We have played Rio secco, reflection bay, Red Rock at Arroyo. What else should we add? Looking at a new to us course. Staying very close to TPC Las Vegas.
  • okie21okie21 Members Posts: 124 ✭✭
    I'd have to recommend Coyote Springs - join email list and you can score a deal. Will be 45 min or so drive.
    Titleist [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]917 D2 9.5 deg (Diamana White 70 S)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping G400 17 deg (Oban Kiyoshi White 04)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 718 AP1s 4-GW (DG AMT White S300), 1 1/4" over with 1/4" intervals 8-9i and shorter[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM7 52 deg Jet Black (DG Onyx S400) [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM '09 56 deg tour chrome (DG Wedge flex)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM7 60 deg Jet Black (KBS C Taper Lite S) all wedges same length as GW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scotty 2018 Newport 3, fresh from Custom Shop, std length and lie[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vice Pro Plus [/font]
  • Loomis13Loomis13 Members Posts: 182 ✭✭
    I just added that too the list. Picking 2 out of bears best, coyote, and royal links.
  • jasona93jasona93 Members Posts: 60 ✭✭
    All good choices in this thread. Royal Links is fun for a one-off, I wouldn't want to play it all the time, but that is true of all tribute courses. I really enjoy Bali Hai and play well there but forget buying anything at the shop, unless you want a Rogue for $600. Gamble on hitting the green on the par 3 of the day can take the sting out of a shop purchase, but the markup is such that not much is really worth it. Paiute Wolf - Bali Hai - TPCLV - Bears Best - Royal Links would be my ranking of those I've played, and no complaints on any of them.

I'm passing along Reflection Bay and Coyote to my usual travel group for next trip, which already must include Wolf Creek. Anyone have thoughts on Las Vegas National for a little more of a low key round?