Oldest Club that you GAME

Comments

• halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,352 ✭✭
    Ping TiSiTec 7.5* driver updated with Elements Chome cut down to 43". A little less distance than my M1 440 with 45" shaft, but absolute fairway finder, and since I usually hit it more centered, distance loss isn't as much as you'd expect. Also, quite forgiving for a 20 year old 320cc driver, and easy to hit off the deck!
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • macedanmacedan Members Posts: 217 ✭✭
    The (self proclaimed) #1 putter in the history of golf: THE TaylorMade Nubbins
    Ping G400 10*
    Mizuno ST180 3W 15*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 5W 18*
    Ping G Crossover 21*
    Taylormade Rocketbladez (5-PW)
    Cleveland CBX 50/11
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54/10
    Cleveland RTX-3 58/9
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Taylormade RBZ Urethane | Project A
    Bag: Taylormade Flextech Lite Black/Green
  • @_the_crook@_the_crook Members Posts: 653 ✭✭
    luke wrote:

Original Callaway Great Big Bertha Heavenwood w/stock Memphis 10 shaft. To this day, the straightest 220 yard club I have tried. Getting worn, but still gets the job done.

Ditto for my Warbird fairways with the same shafts. 3+ and a 4.

there's a Bobby Jones and Warbird driver downstairs with stiff graphites. not quite the same.
    currently playing:
    Steelhead III , FT-5 - D
    Warbirds, 3+, 4
    Hogan BH-5, 3-PW
    Wilson DynaPowered SW
    Ping Anser
    it works

when I need a change, there are 12 bags full to choose from .
  • ATAlxndrATAlxndr RHL Members Posts: 1,013 ✭✭
    Redwood anser, believe it was 2006/2007 release. Also a 913F 5 wood but my rep just sent me a TS2 to try and get it out of my bag.
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Ping G410 Plus 10.5* - Matrix 6M3 X
    Ping G410 17.5* - MRC D+ LTD 80X
    Ping G410 20* - KBS Tour Hyb Proto 95X
    Ping i210 4-P - KBS Tour V 120 X
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth (Raw) 50/54/58 - KBS Tour V X
    Ping Redwood Anser
    [/font]
  • YuckYuck Fore! Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭
    uwhockey14 wrote:

Munich77 wrote:

I am still playing my original Ram Zebra and my five is a Great Big Bertha Titanium

I was actually looking at one of those Zebra's the other day to buy on ebay. Funny how that was the first putter with removable weights and look at us 30 years later?!?!?!

More like 40 years. In the late 70’s it was the most expensive putter I had ever seen at about $70
  • garflysgarflys Members Posts: 40
    A few weeks ago I got a set of Ping i15s in very good condition. Went to the range hit them pretty good. Been out 4 times I think, and did well once . The other times is was inconsistent. Went out today same thing one good shot one bad. At the turn I grab my old zings and what a difference. I have to admit to myself just not good enough to play these. I went from hating the day to having fun again. I will sell them because I know if I keep them I will keep trying and it will not be fun again.The Zings are old but I love them.
  • uwhockey14uwhockey14 Members Posts: 258 ✭✭

Purchased a set of 690.cb 3-PW irons earlier this year out of frustration with my old set. Never touched that model in my life. They aren't leaving anytime soon.

Also still using an R9 Supertri with a Fubuki shaft, brand new when it released

Good to know these are good sticks, I've been looking into some different long irons. I'm a Titleist 681 lifer but the 3-5 irons are getting to be a bit of a workout in certain situations.... Titleist made some terrific irons in this early 00's era didn't think, not a lot of swing and misses in that Larry bobka era...
    Titleist 913D2/D3 (8.5) Stiff Diamana
    Titleist 906F2 15* Aldila NV Stiff
    Cleveland LDi 21*
    Titleist 681 4-PW (Project X 5.5)
    Mizuno MP T-Series Forged Wedges (56,60)
    Cobra Greg Norman (U-Model) Putter "Boss of the moss"
    Ping Hoofer (Wisconsin Badgers)
    Driver Cover (Black Lab)
    3-Wood Cover (USA knit pom pom)
    Putter Cover (Team USA 2016 Ryder Cup)
  • Nard_SNard_S Members Posts: 3,215 ✭✭
    Maruman SX irons made 1990 or thereabouts. King Cobra steel head fairways, Kevin Burns mallet, all 90's vintage except for Mizuno MP Driver made in 2018
  • Pcola KenPcola Ken Members Posts: 143
    I3 O-size 3 thru SW. They went back in the bag and will stay.
  • agolf1agolf1 Members Posts: 805 ✭✭
    garflys wrote:

A few weeks ago I got a set of Ping i15s in very good condition. Went to the range hit them pretty good. Been out 4 times I think, and did well once . The other times is was inconsistent. Went out today same thing one good shot one bad. At the turn I grab my old zings and what a difference. I have to admit to myself just not good enough to play these. I went from hating the day to having fun again. I will sell them because I know if I keep them I will keep trying and it will not be fun again.The Zings are old but I love them.

I have a Ping Zing SW (52*) in the bag. It has a lot of offset and high measured bounce, but it works well for chipping and 25-75 yard pitches on the soft turf conditions that I play on. Unfortunately, the grooves are starting to get fairly worn down, and shots out of the rough can run out more than they used to.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S-Flex
    Callaway X Hot Pro 19* Fairway, Project X Velocity 6.0
    TaylorMade Raylor 22*, Raylor RE*AX S-Flex
    Ping G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    Ping Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
  • S-T-ButcherS-T-Butcher Members Posts: 16 ✭✭
    TM R11 4 wood. That club is busted, but I love it and can't seem to find a replacement
  • Nov_DeltaNov_Delta It's a lifestyle, not an addiction Members Posts: 119 ✭✭
    TM Superfast TP Driver circa 2010-ish. Put it back in the bag after ho-ing drivers, not liking any of them, and then not having a driver in the bag for more than 2 years. Decided to upgrade the shaft in 'Ol Faithful' and here we are.
    PING G Stretch 3 Wood w/ Project X 6.0
    PING G30 3 Wood w/ Project X 6.0
    PING G400 19* Hybrid w/ Project X 6.0
    PING S56 5-PW - Dot w/ Project X 6.0
    PING Glide 52*, 56*, 60* Dot w/ Project X 6.0 (All bent 1* strong)
    SC Golo S - 35" - custom all black w/ lime accents
  • memphishornmemphishorn memphishorn ClubWRX Posts: 803 ClubWRX
    Scotty Cameron Newport Classic from 1996 (2010 for me) and a Titleist 904F 19 degree 5 Wood (in and out since 2006)
    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei AV Blue Stiff
     Titleist 915F 15*Diamana Blue 70 Regular
     Titleist 904F 19* YS6 Stiff
    Titleist Hybrid (816) 23* and (816) 25* Bassara Regular
    Titleist AP1 718 6-GW1 Tensei Graphite Stiff
    Vokey 52.08 SM6, 56.14 SM6
    Scotty Cameron Newport Classic 
    Titleist Hybrid 14 Bag

Classic Bag
    MacGregor MT Tourney 1967 WM2T 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Persimmon w/ Aluminum Insert
    MacGregor MT Tourney 1971 Split Sole irons 3-10
    MacGregor VIP 1967 Sand Iron
    Ping Anser 1969 85020
    Burton White Leather Bag
  • Christen_The_SloopChristen_The_Sloop Members Posts: 1,247 ✭✭
    agolf1 wrote:

garflys wrote:

I have a Ping Zing SW (52*) in the bag. It has a lot of offset and high measured bounce, but it works well for chipping and 25-75 yard pitches on the soft turf conditions that I play on. Unfortunately, the grooves are starting to get fairly worn down, and shots out of the rough can run out more than they used to.

Send it to ping for a spa visit?
    D - Titleist 915 D3 Tour Ad MJ 6X
    15 - Titleist 915 FD Attas G7 6X
    18 - Royal Collection SFD X7 Speeder 757X
    22 - Mizuno CLK Daimana Thump 90X
    3-PW - Mizuno TN87 Modus3 120S
    54 - KM Miura
    60 - Ping Eye2 XG / Ping Eye2 BECU
  • brendan6q66brendan6q66 Members Posts: 182 ✭✭
    Scotty Mil-Spec 350g that I think dates back to around '99-'01. Beats the **** out of Cameron's offerings today.
    Taylormade M4 10.5° | Graphite Design AD-DI 6x
    Taylormade M3 3w 15° | Graphite Design AD-DI 7s
    Taylormade M3 hybrid 19° | Graphite Design AD-DI Hybrid 8s
    Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-PW | DG S300
    Titleist SM6 50.12 F-Grind | DG S300
    Titleist SM6 54.10 S-Grind | DG S300
    Titleist SM6 58.12 K-Grind | DG S300
    Toulon Portland at 35" | Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 350g at 35" || Ping Redwood Anser at 35"
  • uwhockey14uwhockey14 Members Posts: 258 ✭✭

Scotty Mil-Spec 350g that I think dates back to around '99-'01. Beats the **** out of Cameron's offerings today.

Was a huge Scotty fan can back in those days... I still have a couple putters from the late 90's and early 00's but things got off the rails in the mid to late 00's and now the Scotty Cameron program within Titleist comes across as a big scam in some areas. to put it simply, they have turned into the PXG of putters in a lot of ways. i'll probably catch flack from Cameron loyalists but IMO his putters today don't come close to matching up with what he did 15-20 years ago.... while his prices just keep going up! Just one guys opinion!
    Titleist 913D2/D3 (8.5) Stiff Diamana
    Titleist 906F2 15* Aldila NV Stiff
    Cleveland LDi 21*
    Titleist 681 4-PW (Project X 5.5)
    Mizuno MP T-Series Forged Wedges (56,60)
    Cobra Greg Norman (U-Model) Putter "Boss of the moss"
    Ping Hoofer (Wisconsin Badgers)
    Driver Cover (Black Lab)
    3-Wood Cover (USA knit pom pom)
    Putter Cover (Team USA 2016 Ryder Cup)
  • dubbelbogeydubbelbogey Members Posts: 404 ✭✭
    Sh*t - all my stuff is old.

Oldest is probably an 80's era Anser putter.

'04-ish irons (MP-32s, and just last year my irons were early/mid 90's Rams)

Mid-90's wedges

Early 00's 4h, 2010-ish 2h.

My newest club is just a toddler - a driver from 2014.
  • tigers2irontigers2iron Members Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Mizuno MP32 irons.

They’ve been PLLLLLAYED
  • agolf1agolf1 Members Posts: 805 ✭✭

agolf1 wrote:

garflys wrote:

Send it to ping for a spa visit?

My understanding is that they do not rework the grooves at all. So while the refinishing will make the club look nice, the performance isn't going to change much. I have always wondered why people pay hundreds of dollars for refinished Ping wedges...
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S-Flex
    Callaway X Hot Pro 19* Fairway, Project X Velocity 6.0
    TaylorMade Raylor 22*, Raylor RE*AX S-Flex
    Ping G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    Ping Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
  • Ping ZingsPing Zings Members Posts: 833 ✭✭
    2011 Cleveland Black 3 wood.
  • mbartmbart Members Posts: 59 ✭✭
    Mizuno mp57’s from like ‘08-ish. Followed by X2hot driver from 2012 or so. Just replaced my T11 wedges which was long overdue but still nothing beats the mp57’s and x2hot. Would love to pickup another set of 57s actually.
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,737 ✭✭
    It was my Adams Idea 4 Hybrid, but that's about to be replaced by a Callaway Epic or Ping G400 Hybrid, but here's to lasting so long:

giphy.gif
    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • jjj912jjj912 Members Posts: 1,463 ✭✭
    Odyssey White Hot XG #2 that I bought in either 2007 or 2008.
  • DK<80DK<80 Members Posts: 271 ✭✭
    TM r9 5 wood

Irreplaceable - only club in my bag I haven't even attempted to replace!
    TaylorMade SLDR 430 12°
    Titleist 917F2 15°
    TaylorMade r9 19°
    Cleveland Classic 4h 23°
    Titleist 712 AP2 (5-PW)
    Cleveland 588 RTG (54°, 60°, 64°)
    Nike Method Core MC-4iX
  • JBent9610JBent9610 Members Posts: 407 ✭✭
    Eye2+ SW, LW, or ISI W2

I swap my clubs often, but I haven't played a round of golf without one of those in the bag since I got them about 10 years ago.
    Fast 12LS/Classic Custom XL/King LTD
    Super LS/Tisi Tec/RBZ Stage2/F6 Baffler/Egg Spoon/CB1
    Halo/4DX
    X-20/XL2000/EX-1/RaptureJ/GC Mid/Deep Red II
    ISI W2/EX-1
    685BX/X-Forged Vintage/GAS1 Forged/Eye2+
    WHP 2-Ball
  • deepreddeepred Members Posts: 221 ✭✭
    A 35 year old Wilson JP sand wedge. Still the most versatile wedge I’ve owned.
    Wilson Staff M3 4-GW
    Cleveland Classic XL Driver
    Wilson Fybrid 15*
    KE4 5 wood
    Maltby SW54, black
    Snake Eyes SW
    Ram Watson Troon Grind 58
    Ram Zebra deep face, black
  • dubbelbogeydubbelbogey Members Posts: 404 ✭✭
    Early 90's Cleveland 588 sand wedge. I've freshened the grooves a couple of times with a handheld carbide tool. I don't play anything officially sanctioned, so I don't care if they're "conforming" or not, but suffice it to say they're not particularly sharp/deep/wide. My lob wedge is a forged Golfsmith that is maybe only year younger.

Shoot - all of my clubs are relatively old - the newest (by a long shot) being a 2014 driver.

(BTW, I didn't consider putters to be particularly interesting for this question because tons of players play really old putters...)
  • LaznastyLaznasty Valparaiso, IndianaMembers Posts: 683 ✭✭
    Titleist 910H. I've heard good things about the newer hybrids, but that club is like a safety net for me.
    Ping G410 tensei orange 60s
    Taylormade M5 5w GD AD-IZ6s 19°
    Titleist 910H GD AD-DI 95s 28°
    Taylormade P790 Modus 125x (4-AW)
    EPON Tour Spin Wedge shimada tour black 54° & 58°
    Lamb Crafted Camden
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,068 ✭✭
    Just picked up a Nike T40 Tour 5 wood with a Fuji Fit-on 11 EX 95 shaft. Will go straight in the bag and replace my hybrid.
    Cobra F9 Tour Length
    TM M2 DF 16.5° 
    Irons TBD
    Cobra King Pur 54°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    TW Ardmore
  • sneaky_petesneaky_pete insufficiently adult Members Posts: 241 ✭✭
    18* Mizuno Fli Hi II Driving Iron from around 2006/2007. This will never leave the bag!

Also still rocking my Adams Speedline Super S 3 wood from 2012.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9* Ping Tour 65 Stiff
    Fairway: Adams Speedline Super S Fairway 15* Matrix Ozik HD Radix S VI Shaft Stiff Flex
    Driving Iron: Mizuno Fli-Hi II 18* Driving Iron Mizuno Exsar Shaft Stiff Flex
    Irons: Maltby DBM Forged Irons 3 - 9 True Temper Dynalite Gold XP S300 Shafts
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 46*, 52* & 58* Wedges True Temper Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
    Putter: Cleveland TFI 2135 RHO fitted with Iomic Midsize Grip (Blue)
    Grips: Lamkin UTX Midsize (Black)
    Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour
    GPS: Sonocaddie V300
    Range Finder: Leupold GX-3i2
    Cart: Clicgear 3.0