Is Malbon Golf the New Big Baller Brand

ShinnersShinners Members Posts: 46 ✭✭
As many of you know Malbon Golf did a collaboration with Nike called "Pray for the Youth." Myself and several other colleagues have ordered items on their website but still have not received the them. According to their website,it states items will be shipped in10 days. I still have not received any updates regarding my order. When I look at their social media page (Instagram), it seems like all they do is play golf. Also,if you look close at the images on their Nike products, it looks photoshopped. I am wondering if they even had the products in hand. I am wondering anyone received their items.

Comments

• HiSpeed48HiSpeed48 Members Posts: 2,108 ✭✭
    Titleist 910D2 9.5* Tour Issue
    TEE XCG7 15*
    Srixon Z545 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 46* 50* 54* 58*
    John Byron DaleHead 2
  • CircaflexCircaflex Well, I gotta go now. I’ve got a lotta bouncin’ to do! Members Posts: 736 ✭✭
    edited Oct 16, 2018 #3
    I'd give them a call to see what the status is or at the least email them. If you, or a friend, live in California they have a retail store you can always visit.

In another thread, this was someones experience

lopey986 wrote:

Tzoid wrote:

I never heard of this company but I definitely won't spend a dime with them. How do they get away with having Tiger Woods photos on their website ?

They are working with Nike.

I ordered the Nike shirt and hat that they dropped last week. Shipping was 10 days from date of order, but just received an e-mail yesterday that it was going to be an additional 14 days. We'll see how this ends.
    #Ping #TaylorMade #Bettinardi #Snell #Arccos #MitholoG #SunFishKnit
    GHIN: 2719293

j0zhnl.png
  • Tarheelnation3Tarheelnation3 Golfer's Delight Members Posts: 1,705 ✭✭
    A couple of things on this one:

1. They sent out an e-mail to some almost a full week AFTER the drop and said that the wait time would now be "14 BUSINESS days" starting at that point in time before items sent;

2. They canceled and refunded many people and their items stating that Nike "short changed" them (or they oversold) product; and,

3. They are piece mail shipping out items it appears from several people

This on top of issues with many of their products from the past. Not sure what is going on with them, but it is definitely a crappy business model to be following if you want to maintain loyal customers.
    Driver: Callaway Rogue w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6S
    Fairway Wood: Callaway Rogue w/ [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Graphite Design Tour AD IZ [/font]
    Hybrid: Titleist 818 H1 21* w/ Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro White XS
    Irons: Srixon 785/Nippon Modus3 120
    Wedges: 50F*/55K*/60M* Raw Hand Ground Vokey Wedges (hand ground by the man himself)
    Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Toolbox and Aloha Special/Kari Lajosi Electric Blue Damascus/Other Assorted putters

I love Golf, Scotch, and Cigars. Why? Because I'm a man.

FOLLOW MY IG ACCOUNT AT: Tarheelnation3
  • sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,700 ✭✭
    edited Oct 17, 2018 #5
    "Big Baller Brand" What a COMPLETE JOKE !!! image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • pholwaypholway Members Posts: 441
    Are these the people who sell 19 dollar t shirts for 65 bucks? 135 dollar head covers and 36 dollar gloves? Cause those guys are as shady as they come.
    TM M4 Oban Devotion 6 04
    Titleist TS2 13.5* Project X Even Flow T1100 White
    Callaway Epic 5W set to 17* Project X Hzrdus Yellow (Handcrafted) or Ping G15 17* Aldila Serrano 75R (yep, Regular Flex Serrano)
    Titleist 915 HD 21.5* GD AD DI Hybrid 75s
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-AW KBS C-Taper Lite S
    Vokey SM6 KBS C-Taper R
    Odyssey EXO Seven S
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,281 ✭✭
    IMO, they put a logo on a cheap item and charge 8x the price.
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • Bad9Bad9 Members Posts: 4,217 ✭✭
    I have no idea who Malbon Golf is or what "big baller brand" even means.
    Ping G400 10.5°/Xcaliber SL r flex
    Callaway Heavenwood Xcaliber SL r flex
    Maltby KE4 Tour 25°/Xcaliber HY r flex

Maltby KE4 Tour 28°/Xcaliber HY r flex
    Ping I200 5-G/CFS70 r flex
    Maltby Tricept 54°/Xcaliber r flex
    Maltby Tricept 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06
  • jschwarbjschwarb Members Posts: 761 ✭✭
    I've had good experiences with them. Maybe they shouldn't do so many collaborations; I tried to get a product through them that they did with another company and came up dry even though the other company had the item (I wanted to give Malbon my business). But they clearly have a good vibe going with their stuff -- I watched an HBO show the other night and an actor was wearing a Malbon shirt. That takes some effort to pull off.

But at the end of the day it's soft goods, of course it's marked-up stuff with a logo. There are guys that will pay $135 for a headcover without blinking and others who think that's the craziest thing ever.
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,602 ✭✭
    Bad9 wrote:

Big Baller Brand is LaVar Ball’s brand of overpriced athletic apparel that tries to capitalize on his son Lonzo’s status of professional basketball player (as well as LaVar’s big mouth).
    Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5° | Evenflow HC Black 65
    vs.
    Cobra F9 9° | Atmos Tour Spec Black 6
    Fairway: M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Speeder HB 8.8
    Driving Iron: Apex X-Forged Utility 21° | AD-DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-pw | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (Handground S), 54° S, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
    Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
    Putter: Piretti Potenza II black 
    Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 oil can

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,703 ClubWRX
    I'm in the camp of people that ordered something from the Nike x Malbon release. I picked up the hat (everything else was either overpriced or too extra for me). I got the "it will be 14 additional business days" email like Lopey did who was quoted above. It definitely seems to me that this was a pre order not labeled as a pre order. They either drastically under-ordered from Nike before the items were posted for sale or they were waiting to see how much interest there was before placing the actual order. Those aren't always bad things, but I would have liked to know it was a pre order before I purchased anything. I would be even more upset if I dropped a few hundred bucks on multiple pieces.

I do think Malbon is an interesting lifestyle / social media company, but their transition into being a retail "brand" is not off to a good start as far as I am concerned.

Bad9 wrote:

Then this may not be the thread for you image/dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life “Don’t bother me with your pettiness” Lake Placid, N.Y. Whiteface G.C.ClubWRX Posts: 2,326 ✭✭
    Oh yes, this is the idiot who's son got arrested in China for stealing.

Garbage!
    PING 400 Max and a Bag full of PXG’s.......
    Non Titleist Cameron Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009
    “Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • Bad9Bad9 Members Posts: 4,217 ✭✭
    cvhookem63 wrote:

I'm in the camp of people that ordered something from the Nike x Malbon release. I picked up the hat (everything else was either overpriced or too extra for me). I got the "it will be 14 additional business days" email like Lopey did who was quoted above. It definitely seems to me that this was a pre order not labeled as a pre order. They either drastically under-ordered from Nike before the items were posted for sale or they were waiting to see how much interest there was before placing the actual order. Those aren't always bad things, but I would have liked to know it was a pre order before I purchased anything. I would be even more upset if I dropped a few hundred bucks on multiple pieces.

I do think Malbon is an interesting lifestyle / social media company, but their transition into being a retail "brand" is not off to a good start as far as I am concerned.

Bad9 wrote:

Then this may not be the thread for you image/dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />

But it sounded fascinating. Then I got confused
    Ping G400 10.5°/Xcaliber SL r flex
    Callaway Heavenwood Xcaliber SL r flex
    Maltby KE4 Tour 25°/Xcaliber HY r flex

Maltby KE4 Tour 28°/Xcaliber HY r flex
    Ping I200 5-G/CFS70 r flex
    Maltby Tricept 54°/Xcaliber r flex
    Maltby Tricept 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,703 ClubWRX
    Bad9 wrote:

cvhookem63 wrote:

Bad9 wrote:

But it sounded fascinating. Then I got confused

Haha you are probably better off not getting stuck down the BBB rabbit hole. You'll be watching interviews for days.
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
  • CheckJVCheckJV Male Model Members Posts: 2,104 ✭✭
    I had to look at their website and did I read that correctly? Some type of business partnership with Justin Bieber?
  • jlevitt9jlevitt9 Members Posts: 607 ✭✭
    CheckJV wrote:

I had to look at their website and did I read that correctly? Some type of business partnership with Justin Bieber?

Yup, trying way too hard to be cool. Hard pass.
    Ping G30 LST - Ping Tour 65x
    TaylorMade - R15 3 HL - Matrix Code 8
    Mizzy Fli-Hi 3 iron - Project X 6.0
    Cobra Fly-Z Pro 4-AW - DG X100 ss1x
    Vokey Wedgeworks 54* K Grind- DG S200
    Ping Glide (SS) 60*/Lob Combo Grind - DG S400
    Cameron Select NP2

WITB Link
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,678 ✭✭
    I don't know where this company started, but this stuff doesn't look nearly original enough to justify these prices.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • rayguy24rayguy24 Members Posts: 76
    edited Oct 18, 2018 #18
    "Pray for our youth"....that they learn how to really run a business.
  • lopey986lopey986 ClubWRX Posts: 2,217 ✭✭
    edited Oct 22, 2018 #19
    cvhookem63 wrote:

Bad9 wrote:

Yeah, 14 business days was 10/12. It's now 10/22 and i've received no response to 3 e-mails i've sent inquiring about when they would be shipping. Order status on my hat and shirt still just say "confirmed". Someone else said they received an e-mail that there order was shipping but 2 days later USPS still just says the shipping label was created and they don't actually have the package yet.

So, yeah, it's not looking great. I'll probably give them this week to see if the items ship or they respond to my e-mails before I just do a chargeback on my credit card because it's not worth the hassle.

Also, someone is already selling the nike x malbon hat on the classifieds...so i guess it's cool that someone was able to actually get their hands on one.
    lopey986 wrote:

cvhookem63 wrote:

Bad9 wrote:

Yeah, 14 business days was 10/12. It's now 10/22 and i've received no response to 3 e-mails i've sent inquiring about when they would be shipping. Order status on my hat and shirt still just say "confirmed". Someone else said they received an e-mail that there order was shipping but 2 days later USPS still just says the shipping label was created and they don't actually have the package yet.

So, yeah, it's not looking great. I'll probably give them this week to see if the items ship or they respond to my e-mails before I just do a chargeback on my credit card because it's not worth the hassle.

Also, someone is already selling the nike x malbon hat on the classifieds...so i guess it's cool that someone was able to actually get their hands on one.

I went back and replied to the "14 business days" email asking for an update. They replied in a day or two and said it would be shipping out this week, apologized for the delay.
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
  • Deebo76Deebo76 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    My hat will be delivered today but I am away on business and will not get it until Wednesday. The "I am sorry" gift is supposed to be in the box with the hat.
    I was just scrolling up this thread and this is the ad that I saw...

opL2yUQ.png

Then I refreshed and got this one

8hyajCK.png
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
  • TPG1971TPG1971 Don't Get Rolled Members Posts: 959 ✭✭
    Bad9 wrote:

Big Baller Brand sounds like it should be used in a sentence with "Minty", "Gamer" and "OG"
    PING G30 9.5 Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8 63 Stiff
    Titleist 917F 16.5 Diamana Blue Stiff
    PING G410 19* Hybrid Mitsubishi CK Pro Blue 80 Stiff
    PING I200 4-PW Red Dot AWT 2.0 R Hard Stepped once
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Red Dot AWT Wedge Flex
    RTX-3 54 bent to 55 DG Ti Onyx S400
    Wilson Staff PMP 58* DG S200
    Cameron 009 A012056
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,224 ✭✭
    Wow!! I Just went to the web site. It’s just a “brand”. They dont make anything.

What a pathetic selection of rebranded wildly overpriced crap!! It’s incredible. People are actually buying stuff from these jack wads??

$36 glove?, $65 tee shirt? Holy moly. And then you’ve got to pray that whoever makes the stuff for them will come though with the product after you order it. You’re at the mercy of two, maybe even three companies production and supply problems.

Absolutely One of the biggest jokes I’ve ever seen.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members Posts: 2,991 ✭✭
    cvhookem63 wrote:

opL2yUQ.png

8hyajCK.png

Those are Google Ads and that's probably what they call "re-targeting". You must have visited the Malbon Golf website and they put a cookie on you and keep advertising to you after you've left.
  • lopey986lopey986 ClubWRX Posts: 2,217 ✭✭
    cvhookem63 wrote:

lopey986 wrote:

cvhookem63 wrote:

Bad9 wrote:

I went back and replied to the "14 business days" email asking for an update. They replied in a day or two and said it would be shipping out this week, apologized for the delay.

Yeah that's the e-mail I replied to but still never heard back. Like I said, i'll give them this week then just do a chargeback if they never communicate.
  • SoCalTitleistSoCalTitleist Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭
    This is a quote from Vogue magazine story

Now, they’re taking on the golf world. Why? Because they both deeply love the sport but see it in decline. “The mission,” Erica explains, “is to introduce the sport to the youth, because golf isn’t at its peak right now.”

How can young kids afford this stuff, putting their logo on puma and nike gear isn’t growing the game .

• jschwarbjschwarb Members Posts: 761 ✭✭

Wow!! I Just went to the web site. It’s just a “brand”. They dont make anything.

What a pathetic selection of rebranded wildly overpriced crap!! It’s incredible. People are actually buying stuff from these jack wads??

$36 glove?, $65 tee shirt? Holy moly. And then you’ve got to pray that whoever makes the stuff for them will come though with the product after you order it. You’re at the mercy of two, maybe even three companies production and supply problems.

Absolutely One of the biggest jokes I’ve ever seen.

But it's L.A., where wearing a BRAND is everything. And the store out there has more of a hangout vibe than a retail one. I'd say they're doing fine to that audience. Moving product across the country seems to be another matter.

cvhookem63 wrote:

Those are Google Ads and that's probably what they call "re-targeting". You must have visited the Malbon Golf website and they put a cookie on you and keep advertising to you after you've left.

Yeah I got that, I just thought it was funny that I was getting Malbon adds on the thread aimed at speaking poorly about the company.
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
  • PeanutsDaddyPeanutsDaddy Members Posts: 8,658 ✭✭
    The ‘growing the game claim’ that I’ve seen thrown around by supporters is laughable. Urban cool, skater culture, edgy, debatable.

I do like their logo, but wouldn’t shell out the cash for their collaborations.

That said, I don’t get the Yeezy stuff either.

As I’ve said in other threads (Eg. Swag) I think I’m an ‘old soul’ trapped in a 39 year old body. Maybe I’m just plain ‘old’.
    Cobra King F7 9*<br />Wishon 919FD 13* (1* open)<br />Wishon 950HC 18* (1* open)<br />Wishon 775hs 21*, 24*, 27<br />NCW 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*<br />Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)<br />Betti, Machine, Mannkrafted, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,602 ✭✭
    Malbon Golf’s execs:

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5° | Evenflow HC Black 65
    vs.
    Cobra F9 9° | Atmos Tour Spec Black 6
    Fairway: M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Speeder HB 8.8
    Driving Iron: Apex X-Forged Utility 21° | AD-DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-pw | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (Handground S), 54° S, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
    Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can