Is Malbon Golf the New Big Baller Brand

13»

Comments

• Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life “Don’t bother me with your pettiness” Lake Placid, N.Y. Whiteface G.C.ClubWRX Posts: 2,327 ✭✭
    cvhookem63 wrote:

Now, I’m sorry but that’s junk.

It really isn't that different from any other company buying blank Nike hats and having their logo put on the front and then selling them at retail prices on their site. Now marking everything up that much for just screen printing over retail Nike shorts/shirts/shoe bags is pretty wack. Their mistake is leaving the $24 tag on the hats. If anybody paid attention to the release though, you knew it wasn't going to be embroidered. You could definitely tell it was a reflective screen print on all of the stuff. They definitely did not do themselves any favors with the long lead time and the promise of a "free gift" that isn't really a gift at all.

By all means, enjoy it! Lol....
    PING 400 Max and a Bag full of PXG’s.......
    Non Titleist Cameron Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009
    “Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,703 ClubWRX

cvhookem63 wrote:

Now, I’m sorry but that’s junk.

It really isn't that different from any other company buying blank Nike hats and having their logo put on the front and then selling them at retail prices on their site. Now marking everything up that much for just screen printing over retail Nike shorts/shirts/shoe bags is pretty wack. Their mistake is leaving the $24 tag on the hats. If anybody paid attention to the release though, you knew it wasn't going to be embroidered. You could definitely tell it was a reflective screen print on all of the stuff. They definitely did not do themselves any favors with the long lead time and the promise of a "free gift" that isn't really a gift at all.

By all means, enjoy it! Lol....

Thanks man. Appreciated. They call themselves a lifestyle brand, but this is not unlike any other streetwear/hypebeast brand out there. Taking existing brands gear and putting your logo on it is hot in the streets. I didn't expect it to make its way to the golf world, but here we are. I don't expect to be making any more Malbon Golf purchases anytime soon.
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
  • lopey986lopey986 ClubWRX Posts: 2,217 ✭✭
    It says on the website its 3m reflective, never says anything about embroidering. So, expected that.

Leaving the tag on is cold blooded lmao.

I won't bother returning, i'm sure that'll be a comical hassle and it'd be months before I saw a refund. Lesson learned and i'll stay away from Malbon going forward.
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,043 ✭✭
    saw one in the classifieds here. yikes.
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • nealkbnealkb Members Posts: 268 ✭✭
    I dont think theyre trying to target your every day golfer. Its more to grow the game. I like their stuff because I like stuff like Supreme, Noah, etc. The guy who started Malbon Golf is doing this as a side project, i dont think he's in it for the money.

think of it like this, if a non golfer/hype beast sees some catchy outfit that ties into golf, and gravitates towards the sport, isnt that for the best?

They captured this guy with the dopey Spaulding outfit on deep in thought on the 4th tee.

You can see his internal struggle, I'll have a hamburger, no, I'll have a hotdog.

They really captured the human condition with this one, to hamburger or not to hamburger.

Thats Wedge Wizard on IG
    White R1 Graffaloy Bimatrix Pink Stiff
    XHOT Pro 3W
    XHOT Pro 3h XHOT (4-5H)
    6-A XHot w SpeedStep 85 Stiff
    MP-4 54 +58, SM-4 64
    Scotty
  • blink3665blink3665 #TwistFaceExperience Members Posts: 6,028 ✭✭
    It's kinda funny. I didnt hear about Malbon through the golf social media I follow. I actually learned about them from following skaters. Koston and Malto seem to rock their stuff a lot. They have a decent following of old and young skaters. So in that aspect they may actually be helping to grow the game.
    Srixon z785 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65 / / Taylormade M4 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
    Taylormade M3 HL MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
    Taylormade M4 19* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
    Taylormade M4 22* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (39.75")
    Srixon 545 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Modus3 120s - Best Grips Classic
    Cleveland CBX 48* +1* loft - -0.75" - 2* flat
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 54* mid, 58* xlow -0.75" - 2* flat // TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
    Slighter Proto 1 - #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
    Odyssey OWorks 2ball - 32"
    GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag (White) / Nike HyperAdapt

WITB Link
  • sixtysevensixtysevensixtysevensixtyseven Members Posts: 2,028
    nealkb wrote:

I dont think theyre trying to target your every day golfer. Its more to grow the game. I like their stuff because I like stuff like Supreme, Noah, etc. The guy who started Malbon Golf is doing this as a side project, i dont think he's in it for the money.

think of it like this, if a non golfer/hype beast sees some catchy outfit that ties into golf, and gravitates towards the sport, isnt that for the best?

They captured this guy with the dopey Spaulding outfit on deep in thought on the 4th tee.

You can see his internal struggle, I'll have a hamburger, no, I'll have a hotdog.

They really captured the human condition with this one, to hamburger or not to hamburger.

Thats Wedge Wizard on IG

If golf needs dopey overpriced hats and guys sitting in dark rooms drinking coffee with sun glasses on to attract new people I think our game is in bigger trouble than we all know.

Every time someone comes up with a bad idea the main defense of it is "well this will grow the game and how is that bad". As soon as those words come out you know you've got yourself a bad idea.
  • jschwarbjschwarb Members Posts: 761 ✭✭
    The game cannot be grown from behind a retail counter. Period. Just be honest, you're in it for the money. As you should be.

I bought one of the Puma quarter-zips with their logo, just looked kind of cool to me. I have no illusions of being trendy enough to be on an Instagram post. Figured it was no different from buying a similar item from a golf course, and those usually have fat markups too.
  • lopey986lopey986 ClubWRX Posts: 2,217 ✭✭
    Got my hat in today. Pretty much as expected, wish the logo was a little bigger, but whatever.

I did get like 20 tees and 8 of the little malbon plastic ball markers, guess they were more generous with my handful of s*** than for some other people lol. Shirt delivers tomorrow, we'll see if they threw anything in that package.
  • PeanutsDaddyPeanutsDaddy Members Posts: 8,658 ✭✭
    Those hands look like they are preying to grow a wee bit bigger. That is one small transfer.
    Cobra King F7 9*<br />Wishon 919FD 13* (1* open)<br />Wishon 950HC 18* (1* open)<br />Wishon 775hs 21*, 24*, 27<br />NCW 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*<br />Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)<br />Betti, Machine, Mannkrafted, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon
  • sixtysevensixtysevensixtysevensixtyseven Members Posts: 2,028
    lopey986 wrote:

Got my hat in today. Pretty much as expected, wish the logo was a little bigger, but whatever.

I did get like 20 tees and 8 of the little malbon plastic ball markers, guess they were more generous with my handful of s*** than for some other people lol. Shirt delivers tomorrow, we'll see if they threw anything in that package.

That made me laugh out loud, literally. Is a big handful of s*** better than a small handful of s***?
  • tombongtombong Members Posts: 192 ✭✭
    They have the worst customer service. They sent me my items in the incorrect sizes. It took two weeks to get someone to contact me. They didn’t even call me, they just left a number and I had to call them. Then it took another 3 weeks to get my refund because I was fed up with the service and didn’t want to keep anything from them.

They got lucky with landing the Nike collaboration. I’ll never buy anything from them again.
  • TheMarvelousOneTheMarvelousOne Not droppin' out, I'm moving on... ClubWRX Posts: 55 ✭✭
    you mean you guys aren't in the market for a $9,500 golf bag?!?! LOL

https://malbongolf.com/collections/bags/products/malbon-golf-x-buscemi-golf-bag
  • Bad9Bad9 Members Posts: 4,217 ✭✭

https://malbongolf.c...uscemi-golf-bag

Yup these guys aren't in it for the money, just trying to grow the game like a couple of guys state above image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />
    Ping G400 10.5°/Xcaliber SL r flex
    Callaway Heavenwood Xcaliber SL r flex
    Maltby KE4 Tour 25°/Xcaliber HY r flex

Maltby KE4 Tour 28°/Xcaliber HY r flex
    Ping I200 5-G/CFS70 r flex
    Maltby Tricept 54°/Xcaliber r flex
    Maltby Tricept 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06
  • TheMarvelousOneTheMarvelousOne Not droppin' out, I'm moving on... ClubWRX Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Bad9 wrote:

https://malbongolf.c...uscemi-golf-bag

Yup these guys aren't in it for the money, just trying to grow the game like a couple of guys state above image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />

I follow Mr. Malbon on instagram and I don't think he's a bad dude or anything but it's clear he has deep pockets (or extremely in debt) and loves playing golf. I think he's just trying to capitalize on the "boutique" market or whatever it's called. I hope it works out for him but not my cup of tea, despite the cool logo.