Fourteen Tc 888 vs Honma 727v

benjattbenjatt Members Posts: 256 ✭✭
Hi, I'm looking for a forged cavity with a bit if forgiveness but classic looks and solid feel.

These two attract me but just wondering if anyone has an opinion on this comparison or experience with them?

The tc 888 has been likened to the ap2 in terms of forgiveness and Playability. I wonder if the honma is as forgiving?

Otherwise the fourteen have less offset and a thicker top line, with possibly a thicker sole? The honma looks like a more workable sole and thus slightly less forgiving.

Let me know what you think, thanks

Comments

• tsupotsupo ClubWRX Posts: 1,193 ✭✭
    727 v is the more classic.

head shape and styling is beautiful.

feel Is a little denser than the fourteens which are always very soft

I chose the honmas both 717v and 727v.

hard to split those 2 although there is a small dffreence.

10.5* kamui pro tp07/diamana X 70s ..... 15* prgr egg spoon/roddio tour bee 71x ....18* prgr egg/ diamana stinger 70xx....22* PRGR  speed di...... 3/pw  MASDA mb/NS proto 2g18s..... 52*/56*  TOURSTAGE cu X wedge / NS WV125s......TOURSTAGE x01z balls.

• Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭
    I really wanted to like the TC 888’s but I did not find them forgiving at all. They had a very firm feel and low ball flight. I hear nothing but good things about the Honmas. YMMV, good luck!
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,257 ✭✭
    Look for fourteen fh900

Better than both
  • benjattbenjatt Members Posts: 256 ✭✭
    Thanks guys, I went for the 727v. The shape, especially of the mid and long irons is exceptional, exactly what I was looking for. The pitching wedge has that JDM shovel shape, which I'm not so keen on but does have a nice squared off toe. They are definitely on the larger size of the players iron spectrum, I can see why the Vn was released. I'm getting them re-shafted to my spec but from the range time I've had with them so far, very impressed with the feel and the stability. The finish is also a big plus point.
  • tsupotsupo ClubWRX Posts: 1,193 ✭✭
    not a bad choice at all!

10.5* kamui pro tp07/diamana X 70s ..... 15* prgr egg spoon/roddio tour bee 71x ....18* prgr egg/ diamana stinger 70xx....22* PRGR  speed di...... 3/pw  MASDA mb/NS proto 2g18s..... 52*/56*  TOURSTAGE cu X wedge / NS WV125s......TOURSTAGE x01z balls.

• dunndunn Members Posts: 6,361 ✭✭
    Fourteens have too much offset, most fourteen CB's have lot of it