PXG Surprise

dwaltdwalt Members Posts: 6 ✭✭
I ordered a set of 0311 irons on the heroes program and, of course, was excited to finally receive them today. The fitter explained that only the Gen 1s were on the heroes program -- I did hit the Gen 2 0311Ps just for fun when I was with him, but was happy ordering the Gen 1s at the heroes price.

Well, today I got my order, and couldn't believe what I saw when I opened the box:

Comments

• gripandripgripandrip Members Posts: 984 ✭✭
    Great Deal... and thanks for your service.
  • PatsNationPatsNation Members Posts: 1,533 ✭✭
    Wow there you go
  • JDMRN81JDMRN81 PAMembers Posts: 454 ✭✭
    That's awesome, congrats!
    Ping G400 Max 9* AD TP-6
    Ping G400 Stretch 3w AD IZ-7
    Ping i500 3-GW Project X LZ 6.0
    Ping Glide Forged 54*/58* Project X LZ 6.0
    Toulon Columbus 34" CG custom matte black/blue
    Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Stars and Stripes
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,902 ✭✭
    Play the Mega Millions tonite, while you're luck is running on the plus side.
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • dwaltdwalt Members Posts: 6 ✭✭
    augustgolf wrote:

Not a half bad idea image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Kingcat990Kingcat990 European Tailored Golf Socks Members Posts: 3,848 ✭✭
    Very awesome surprise
    Wyoming Cowboys
  • jbird902jbird902 Members Posts: 416 ✭✭
    Better hope parson’s doesn’t see this. He’ll prob send you a bill for the mistake/difference.. lol
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,612 ✭✭
    That is awesome, enjoy!
  • ago33ago33 Members Posts: 2,156 ✭✭
    Maybe buy another set and see if it keeps happening
    Cobra F9 Speedback 9.................................Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    TC Callaway X Hot 3 Deep 14.5...................Rombax P95 X
    Taylormade GAPR Mid 3..............................Recoil Utility 110F5
    Mizuno MP-18 FliHi 4,5................................AMT TI X100
    Mizuno MP-25 6-PW....................................AMT TI X100
    Callaway MD Forged 50, 56.........................AMT TI S400
    TI Taylormade Hi Toe 60.09..........................AMT TI S400
    Scotty Cameron 5.5M...................................Grip Master
  • DudeeDudee Members Posts: 220 ✭✭
    That is fantastic! Enjoy those beautiful clubs.
    Cobra Fly Z+ KK Silver TINI 60X
    Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 Diamana S+ 80X
    Adams XTD Forged 3-PW PX 6.5
    Cleveland 588 RTX 50*, 54*, 58* PX 6.5
    Putter = Russian Roulette
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,385 ✭✭
    augustgolf wrote:

Luck will be ran out by tomorrow
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,304 ✭✭
    jbird902 wrote:

Better hope parson’s doesn’t see this. He’ll prob send you a bill for the mistake/difference.. lol

I think it would come in the form of a lawsuit.

But good for you. If it was intentional, that’s super cool of pxg to hook you up. Hit em straight!
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • dziukydziuky Members Posts: 8
    Well mine just shipped today. I was hoping they’d be here for this weekends tourney but just have to wait. I’ve seen others getting a towel or ball mark repair tool but never getting gen 2s.

Did you order from the fitter or online? Wondering if the fitter put it in that way because my build sheet shows a shaft I hit but wasn’t on the options online. Maybe they did the same and selected the gen 2 and ran it on the heroes price.
    dziuky wrote:
    Well mine just shipped today. I was hoping they’d be here for this weekends tourney but just have to wait. I’ve seen others getting a towel or ball mark repair tool but never getting gen 2s.

Did you order from the fitter or online? Wondering if the fitter put it in that way because my build sheet shows a shaft I hit but wasn’t on the options online. Maybe they did the same and selected the gen 2 and ran it on the heroes price.

Fitter places the order for me...maybe he was feeling generous lol
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    Awesome!

Great to hear stories like these
    Yadi for President
  • dj55cornelldj55cornell Members Posts: 87
    Jackpot! Awesome —enjoy!
  • LionGolferLionGolfer Members Posts: 1,307 ✭✭
    Good stuff and great gesture. Play them well. I still love my pxgs and just got the 17 hybrid was well.
    Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
    UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
    Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
    Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
    Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon
  • dziukydziuky Members Posts: 8
    dwalt wrote:
    dziuky wrote:

Very well could have. Or just entered based on the data he had from when you hit and didn’t change the gen 2. Either way pretty awesome getting the gen 2. I was same boat I was fine with the gen 1 but hit the two as well to see how they were if it was worth the extra to me. Did your build sheet emailed to you say anything about gen 2 on it?
  • MichaelJScottMichaelJScott SchruteFarms Members Posts: 284 ✭✭
    That is so awesome. Its stuff like this that makes me want to give PXG a try. Love the heroes program such a great idea. I am liking PXG more and more these days.
    dziuky wrote:
    dwalt wrote:
    dziuky wrote:

Very well could have. Or just entered based on the data he had from when you hit and didn’t change the gen 2. Either way pretty awesome getting the gen 2. I was same boat I was fine with the gen 1 but hit the two as well to see how they were if it was worth the extra to me. Did your build sheet emailed to you say anything about gen 2 on it?

The order sheet was just for the 0311s and not the Ps as far as I can tell
    That is so awesome. Its stuff like this that makes me want to give PXG a try. Love the heroes program such a great idea. I am liking PXG more and more these days.

They were a great company to deal with for the whole process and I really felt a difference from the first strike. That said, I was moving from G30s that I had for many years, so that was probably to be expected. Either way, I highly recommend them… Especially based on this experience :-)
  • duffer987duffer987 Don't feed the Choo. Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 9,107 ✭✭
    Good stuff OP! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Enjoy the new sticks... so satinny!

Shame they couldn't do something about the leftiness, I keed I keed. Hit 'em straight!
    edited Oct 18, 2018 #24
    duffer987 wrote:
    Good stuff OP! 😊

Enjoy the new sticks... so satinny!

Shame they couldn't do something about the leftiness, I keed I keed. Hit 'em straight!

Been trying to fix the disease for years with no luck haha
  • Jwin323Jwin323 Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭
    dwalt wrote:

I ordered a set of 0311 irons on the heroes program and, of course, was excited to finally receive them today. The fitter explained that only the Gen 1s were on the heroes program -- I did hit the Gen 2 0311Ps just for fun when I was with him, but was happy ordering the Gen 1s at the heroes price.

Well, today I got my order, and couldn't believe what I saw when I opened the box:

You deserve it. Thanks for your service.
  • wchahnwchahn ClubWRX Posts: 110 ClubWRX
    Awesome surprise. Enjoy them
  • SPY ZINGERSPY ZINGER Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭
    Country First 🇺🇸
  • mars612mars612 Members Posts: 21
    Same thing happened to a guy on FB, you should have received a note, mentioning the switch due to “inventory restraint”, also offering full refund if you’re not happy with the upgrade... I believe it’s happening to all lefty gen1 orders right now.
  • tmax77tmax77 Members Posts: 1,015 ✭✭
    dwalt wrote:

Good for you that’s awesome thanks for your service
    Under construction....
  • cradd10cradd10 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭
    I’m not a veteran, thanks for your service. But I also just ordered a lefty set of gen 1’s. My feeling wouldn’t be hurt if gen 2’s showed.....
    M1 460 Syngery Proto 75
    17' M2 15° Hzdrus blk 6.5
    X2Hot Pro 18°
    RSi2 4-W. C-Taper 130x
    Vokey SM6 50,55,60
    Edel E-2