Hero Womens' Indian Open 2018

Chris122Chris122 Banned Posts: 611 ✭✭
Did anybody else catch a view of this tournament run by the Ladies European Tour on a Gary Player desihn course that looked like an elephants' graveyard?

Comments

• ChronicSlicerChronicSlicer Members Posts: 949 ✭✭
    Did not see any of it,but some of those scores are horrific....wow. Was the course tough/bad weather?
  • fredogolferfredogolfer Members Posts: 212 ✭✭
    Didn't watch any of the broadcast (live in the states) but that course looks artificially hard in the sense they put so many boulders, deep bunkering and water hazards just because it'd be hard tonget around. No strategy or purpose in the design.
  • ausgolfgirlausgolfgirl Members Posts: 105
    edited Oct 21, 2018 #4

Did not see any of it,but some of those scores are horrific....wow. Was the course tough/bad weather?

Those scores are great compared to the first year it was played a few years ago,all the girls say the same thing, incredibly penal if your ball striking is off. I passed up playing it this year due to a recent injury. Poor Christine Wolf, the 18th got her 3 out of the 4 rounds, shame. I've seen alot of the male pro's rack up numbers around there aswell.
  • Chris122Chris122 Banned Posts: 611 ✭✭
    Perhaps the LET are obliged to use the course as part of the sponsor's deal but it looked absolutely dreadful.

I can't imagine that such an artificial and contrived course gets much play,difficult bunkers,scarcely a flat lie on the fairways and then very grainy greens which looked impossible to read.

I don't mind seeing a decent test of golf but this was bordering on the ridiculous and making good players look silly.
  • Seamus_McDuffSeamus_McDuff ChicagoMembers Posts: 904 ✭✭
    Golf Channel has the third and fourth rounds on Tuesday and Wednesday.
  • ppl4golfppl4golf OntarioMembers Posts: 1,067 ✭✭
    I thought the course looked pretty cool....kind of like the courses in a video game LOL
    All LH :

Driver : TM SLDR430 10.5° Fujikura Speeder 65
    3-Wood : Callaway FT 15° Neutral Fujikura FitOn 160
    3-Hybrid : Adams XTD Dry Proto 21° Aldila RIP Tour HYB80
    4-Hybrid : Adams XTD DHy Proto 24° Aldila RIP Tour HYB80
    5-PW : Adams XTD Forged Aldila RIP Tour SLT115
    Wedges : Titleist Vokey SM4 52° & 258.08 58° TT Dynamic Gold
    Putter : Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Blade
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 20,401 ✭✭
    Yeah, I caught the final two rounds. I thought the course looked fine. Sure, there are some tough holes, including some of the greens, but hey, the players are all playing the same course. I can't believe Christine Wolf dumped her approach on #18 in the water for the 2nd day in a row. Ouch.

'Nice eagle by Nicole on the final hole to grab a share of 2nd.
  • Seamus_McDuffSeamus_McDuff ChicagoMembers Posts: 904 ✭✭
    Funny when the announcers commented on Nicole Broch Larson playing more slowly than usual and saying it might be due to her spending more time on the LPGA.