KBS Tours?

Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,171 ClubWRX
Looking for a little help.... took a chance on some "KBS Tour 120" shafts on ebay... none have shaft bands but obviously did have some sort of KBS band at one point. It was a set of 10, 4-L. I pulled off the G wedge grip and it does say "KBS Tour #9" etched into the butt end... some other letters and numbers but nothing I recognize. So I decide to pull the 4i grip also since they are about an inch long for me anyway... I find nothing under that grip, no ink or etching. Is there any other way to tell what in fact these are? The grips are like new and wont blow off so it looks like I'll be hacking them off unfortunately.... TIA!
Taylormade M2 2017 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 76g
Titleist 917f2 15* Diamana S+ 70g 
Titleist 915h 21*  Rogue black 85
Bridgestone J15 CB 4-P X100 AMT  SS1x
Titleist SM6 52/58
Taylormade Spider Tour red 34"

Comments

  • jgard320jgard320 ClubWRX Posts: 406 ClubWRX
    The 9 and wedge shafts should be the same. If it says 9/W or something like that, you should be fine. I can’t recall what exactly it says, but I’m pretty sure they’re the exact same shaft.
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,171 ClubWRX
    jgard320 wrote:
    The 9 and wedge shafts should be the same. If it says 9/W or something like that, you should be fine. I can’t recall what exactly it says, but I’m pretty sure they’re the exact same shaft.
    Thanks. Thats what i figured. My only other concern is that there is no info on the longest shaft...
    Taylormade M2 2017 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 76g
    Titleist 917f2 15* Diamana S+ 70g 
    Titleist 915h 21*  Rogue black 85
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-P X100 AMT  SS1x
    Titleist SM6 52/58
    Taylormade Spider Tour red 34"

  • AlbatrosssAlbatrosss Members Posts: 44
    If it is the original KBS Tour 120 they have the same shaft from 9i-L as jgard320 told you. If you wanna be sure if they not done anything funny without pulling the grips you can lay them down on the floor to a wall with the tips pointing to the wall. Then check the distance to the first step off the shaft. It should be the longest distance to the first step on the 4i and slightly decrease until the 9i. 9i-L should have the same else they tipped it or something else. 120 grams are stiff flex if you didn't know.



    Be aware KBS tour are a bit counterbalanced and the swingweight will come out a bit lower(about 2SW) than a Dynamic gold shaft.
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Nixhex524 wrote:

    jgard320 wrote:
    The 9 and wedge shafts should be the same. If it says 9/W or something like that, you should be fine. I can’t recall what exactly it says, but I’m pretty sure they’re the exact same shaft.
    Thanks. Thats what i figured. My only other concern is that there is no info on the longest shaft...




    Was going to say the info from butt could've been removed when cutting to length, but sine they not cut overly short not likely. The last replacement KBS Tour I bought direct from Golfworks came with a paper label and no printing directly on the shaft, so maybe if these are the same you peeled off the paper label when removing the grip?



    Try what Albatross said and lay them all out and measure/compare step pattern.
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,171 ClubWRX
    halliedog wrote:

    Nixhex524 wrote:

    jgard320 wrote:
    The 9 and wedge shafts should be the same. If it says 9/W or something like that, you should be fine. I can’t recall what exactly it says, but I’m pretty sure they’re the exact same shaft.
    Thanks. Thats what i figured. My only other concern is that there is no info on the longest shaft...




    Was going to say the info from butt could've been removed when cutting to length, but sine they not cut overly short not likely. The last replacement KBS Tour I bought direct from Golfworks came with a paper label and no printing directly on the shaft, so maybe if these are the same you peeled off the paper label when removing the grip?



    Try what Albatross said and lay them all out and measure/compare step pattern.




    Thanks, I will try that... I'll probably end up building a set of irons with them and see how they feel. No going back now anyway really!!! Thanks for the help guys.
    Taylormade M2 2017 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 76g
    Titleist 917f2 15* Diamana S+ 70g 
    Titleist 915h 21*  Rogue black 85
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-P X100 AMT  SS1x
    Titleist SM6 52/58
    Taylormade Spider Tour red 34"

  • DRRicksDRRicks Banned Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Albatrosss wrote:


    If it is the original KBS Tour 120 they have the same shaft from 9i-L as jgard320 told you. If you wanna be sure if they not done anything funny without pulling the grips you can lay them down on the floor to a wall with the tips pointing to the wall. Then check the distance to the first step off the shaft. It should be the longest distance to the first step on the 4i and slightly decrease until the 9i. 9i-L should have the same else they tipped it or something else. 120 grams are stiff flex if you didn't know.



    Be aware KBS tour are a bit counterbalanced and the swingweight will come out a bit lower(about 2SW) than a Dynamic gold shaft.




    This has always confused me. Do you need to order clubs +2 swingweight points or does an OEM do that automatically?
  • jlebeane13jlebeane13 Members Posts: 334 ✭✭
    halliedog wrote:

    Nixhex524 wrote:

    jgard320 wrote:
    The 9 and wedge shafts should be the same. If it says 9/W or something like that, you should be fine. I can’t recall what exactly it says, but I’m pretty sure they’re the exact same shaft.
    Thanks. Thats what i figured. My only other concern is that there is no info on the longest shaft...




    Was going to say the info from butt could've been removed when cutting to length, but sine they not cut overly short not likely. The last replacement KBS Tour I bought direct from Golfworks came with a paper label and no printing directly on the shaft, so maybe if these are the same you peeled off the paper label when removing the grip?



    Try what Albatross said and lay them all out and measure/compare step pattern.


    Keep in mind some places/people after removing grips and tape will clean the butt with alcohol, solvent, or mineral spirits. This pulls the ink off easily.

    I've had ink come off on the tape because I soak it with mineral spirits to put grips on, the shafts were purchased by me from golfworks. So I knew they were legit.
    Titleist 917 D2 9.5* Oban Kiyoshi HB 04 Flex, Tipped 1 inch
    Titleist 917 F2 15* Mitsubishi Diamana BB 70 S Flex, Tipped 2 inches
    Titleist 818 H1 18.25* Aldila Rouge 80 S Flex,
    Titleist 718 AP2 4 - 9 ProjectX 6.0
    Titleist SM6 46* ProjectX 6.0 SS x 1
    Titleist SM6 50*, 54*, and 58* ProjectX 5.5
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 36 inches
    Titleist Prov1 (2017)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file