The Curious Case of Tommy Tolles

2»

Comments

• Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life “Don’t bother me with your pettiness” Lake Placid, N.Y. Whiteface G.C.ClubWRX Posts: 2,323 ✭✭
    bullsfan wrote:

Back in 1999 I was invited to play in the Honda Classic Pro Am in south Florida. Tommy was my playing partner and we had a blast playing together. Cool guy and I have always rooted for him as well. I myself am glad to see him playing on the Champions Tour. Hope he does well.

Thanks for sharing. It sounds pretty cool.
    PING 400 Max and a Bag full of PXG’s.......
    Non Titleist Cameron Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009
    “Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • Nevy79Nevy79 Members Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Incredible coincidence...there was a post created very shortly before yours that asked something to the effect of "tell me about your experience with a PGA tour player". I immediately thought of Tommy Tolles, but just didn't post and then your created this thread! As I see this thread again tonight, I must add my story. I met Tommy at a 24 hr fitness in Omaha, NE back in the mid to late 2000's as he was playing the Nationwide event here in town. I recognized him immediately and he was very gracious to chat with me for a while and answer some questions. He seemed to enjoy that he was recognized in a secondary market in middle America. I wondered what ever happened to him and at the same time as the above mentioned post, I saw that he was leading a Champions tour event! I guess my mind was to blown to post at the time, but just could not resist tonight! I hope to see him contending more in 2019!