Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

Comments

• Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭
    edited Jan 11, 2019 4:34pm #362

radiman wrote:

Big Ben wrote:

Are they doing a tour length model at 44.5" with proper SW? Would be interested in that.
    Yes, mine is 44.5' D4

Are the weights heavier than what has been shown as stock up to this point? Wonder how they adjusted the swing weight for their tour length setups.

Yes. Heavier weights. Just like they did with F8 Tour length.

You will be able to buy heavier weights from them as well if you wish to make your own changes.
    My tour length weights are 14gr and 2gr. Not sure what the stock weights are however.
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 6,588 ✭✭
    the f9 is solid. i would not think anyone would be disappointed putting it in their bag.
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
    3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP18MMC FLIHI
    5-9 IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 48, 53, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Directed Force 2.1
    BALL; various, ask me that day.
  • DBillDBill Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭
    My initial round with the F9 in white is in progress. Will report back shortly.
  • Cruisin1966Cruisin1966 ClubWRX Posts: 777 ClubWRX
    mtex22 wrote:

Some pics in the wild from my first round with it!

https://www.instagra.../p/BsgcGbbAz2B/

Played a course Ive never played today so hard to judge distances but its was very solid, accurate and forgiving. Feel was awesome and sound was more muted than I would like. I do like a little crack but nothing loud or tin can-ish. I wasn't overwhelmed but also not underwhelmed either. True test will be Sunday at a course I am very familiar with.

Sorry for the questions, but Instagram is blocked here at the office

How do you have it set up? Loft? Weights in what orientation? Shaft?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ @ 9º
    Taylormade M5 3W @ 15º
    Ping G410 2H @ 17º
    Taylormade P•7PW 4-PW
    New Level Satin 51º, 56º, 61º
    Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

• kmbeankmbean Members Posts: 918 ✭✭
    The Atmos TS shafts are confirmed as real deal?
    kmbean wrote:

The Atmos TS shafts are confirmed as real deal?
    100%
  • ttm27ttm27 Members Posts: 1,012 ✭✭
    Not to get off topic but how does the Atmos TS Blue play to flex? I’m 95-100 depending on the day and time of year. Sometimes Regular works better for me.... I don’t have to “work as hard”. Thx!
    edited Jan 11, 2019 5:36pm #370
    ttm27 wrote:

Not to get off topic but how does the Atmos TS Blue play to flex? I’m 95-100 depending on the day and time of year. Sometimes Regular works better for me.... I don’t have to “work as hard”. Thx!
    I went with the TS Blue Reg will let you know. It feels plenty stiff to me. My driver swing is 105mph. By no means a noodle that’s for sure. I’m very smooth, neutral and low spin so I too benefit from the extra kick.
  • 3woodvt3woodvt 5 test drives for clubface contact. #footpowder Members Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
    DBill wrote:

My initial round with the F9 in white is in progress. Will report back shortly.
    don't forget we want photos to man!!! :-)
    Cobra F9 8.0 Atmos TS Black7x
    Cobra F8+ 13.5 Aldila7x
    Adams A12 19* VTS Proforce 100hs
    Srixon Z945 4-PW KBS Tour 120s
    Cleveland 2.0 51**,55**,59*
    Ping Zing TR
    Srixon Z
    Waiting on a par 3 right now, driver may be a little much.
  • 3woodvt3woodvt 5 test drives for clubface contact. #footpowder Members Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
    edited Jan 11, 2019 5:42pm #373
    DBill wrote:

awesome!!!! Come on man knock down cut off the Deck with the new F9:-) we know u can skip it across the pond. keep em coming when you're done. Love to hear your review after the round. 30 degrees here with 6-10 inches of snow for the weekend.
    Cobra F8+ 13.5 Aldila7x
    Ping Zing TR
    Srixon Z
  • mtex22mtex22 ClubWRX Posts: 2,170 ClubWRX

mtex22 wrote:

Some pics in the wild from my first round with it!

https://www.instagra.../p/BsgcGbbAz2B/

Played a course Ive never played today so hard to judge distances but its was very solid, accurate and forgiving. Feel was awesome and sound was more muted than I would like. I do like a little crack but nothing loud or tin can-ish. I wasn't overwhelmed but also not underwhelmed either. True test will be Sunday at a course I am very familiar with.

Sorry for the questions, but Instagram is blocked here at the office

How do you have it set up? Loft? Weights in what orientation? Shaft?

Mine is 10.5 standard. I tried weight back to start but tried weight forward got a little more rollout 10 yards overall. Atmos Tour Spec Blue 6 Stiff
    HONMA TW747 460 10.5 - Vizard FD 60
    HONMA TW747 15 - Vizard 70
    HONMA TW747 19 - Vizard 80
    HONMA TW747V 4-PW - Modus 105
    COBRA Pur 50/54/58
    ODYSSEY Trihot #1
    Big Ben wrote:

ttm27 wrote:

Not to get off topic but how does the Atmos TS Blue play to flex? I'm 95-100 depending on the day and time of year. Sometimes Regular works better for me.... I don't have to "work as hard". Thx!
    I went with the TS Blue Reg will let you know. It feels plenty stiff to me. My driver swing is 105mph. By no means a noodle that's for sure. I'm very smooth, neutral and low spin so I too benefit from the extra kick.

I play the Atmos TS Blue 6 Stiff. I live in the 95mph-100mph. Feels just right to me with smooth feel and a nice kick. No issues with turning it over and launch it plenty high. I was fit for this shaft by Cobra fitter for this shaft and the Helium 5F4 went with the atmos since it was the stock shaft. (see earlier post on this page)

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1708476-cobras-new-king-f9-speedback-driver-woods-hybrids-and-irons/page__st__240
    COBRA Pur 50/54/58
    ODYSSEY Trihot #1
  • Deuce78Deuce78 Members Posts: 1,243 ✭✭
    DBill wrote:

Lone tree?
    TM M5 [email protected] HZRDUS T1100 65g 6.5
    PING G410 [email protected] HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5 
    PING G410 17.5 HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5
    Nike vapor fly pro 2 iron black tie 105x
    MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/5-7-965 combo/MP63/iblade 3-PW
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD/black Glides
    NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x/Steelfiber 125x
    Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK/custom Arm Locks-Scotty, Odyssey, TM
  • SpedermanSpederman Members Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Got my F9 one length 3 hybrid yesterday. Surprised cobra shipped it before release date. Definitely noticeably bigger than the F8 hybrid. Wish I could play or hit it to compare with the F8 but raining all weekend.
    edited Jan 11, 2019 6:55pm #378
    Thx fellas. I am going to order from Discount Dan€™s. Only place I order new equipment from! You can also buy just shafts from them too - at least for Cobra. The Ho in me may order both the regular and stiff and see which one works better. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I know - I am insane.
    edited Jan 11, 2019 6:55pm #379
    Does the F8 adapter work in the F9?
  • flip_romeflip_rome Members Posts: 220 ✭✭
    edited Jan 11, 2019 7:05pm #380
    ttm27 wrote:

Thx fellas. I am going to order from Discount Dan€™s. Only place I order new equipment from! You can also buy just shafts from them too - at least for Cobra. The Ho in me may order both the regular and stiff and see which one works better. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I know - I am insane.

I just ordered mine from there and estimated ship date is Monday.

I ordered the avalanche 10.5 with Atmos regular flex. My swing speed is mid 90's and kind of worried it might be too stiff if other guys are saying they got the same shaft with 100mph swings.
    Driver:  Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero w/ UST Proforce V2
    3 Wood:  Callaway Epic Flash w/ UST Proforce V2
    Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha OS 3 & 4
    Irons:  Callaway Apex CF16 5-A w/ Modus Tour 105
    Wedges:  Callaway Mack Daddy 3
    Putter: Odyssey O-Works Red 7 34"
    Bag: Japan Titleist Stand Bag
    Ball: Searching for one in 2019
    kmbean wrote:

As I understand it the old adapters fit, but the new ones are labeled differently - +1, -1, etc. instead of having the loft numbers 9,10, etc on them.
    flip_rome wrote:

ttm27 wrote:

I know - I am insane.

I ordered the avalanche 10.5 with Atmos regular flex. My swing speed is mid 90's and kind of worried it might be too stiff if other guys are saying they got the same shaft with 100mph swings.

Depends on your move. You should probably take some swing at the nearest retailer? They should have DEMO's. Looking at you signature PX LZ 6.0 in your irons pretty sure you can handle a stiff in Atmos Blue. The cobra fitter said the atmos black is a whole different animal for really fast swings.
    COBRA Pur 50/54/58
    ODYSSEY Trihot #1
  • flip_romeflip_rome Members Posts: 220 ✭✭
    mtex22 wrote:

flip_rome wrote:

ttm27 wrote:

I know - I am insane.

Depends on your move. You should probably take some swing at the nearest retailer? They should have DEMO's. Looking at you signature PX LZ 6.0 in your irons pretty sure you can handle a stiff in Atmos Blue. The cobra fitter said the atmos black is a whole different animal for really fast swings.

Forgot to switch.. I actually switch to 5.5's a few months back. Yeah, the guy at Cobra told me the Atmos Black for some heavy hitters.
    Driver:  Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero w/ UST Proforce V2
    3 Wood:  Callaway Epic Flash w/ UST Proforce V2
    Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha OS 3 & 4
    Irons:  Callaway Apex CF16 5-A w/ Modus Tour 105
    Wedges:  Callaway Mack Daddy 3
    Putter: Odyssey O-Works Red 7 34"
    Bag: Japan Titleist Stand Bag
    Ball: Searching for one in 2019
    Deuce78 wrote:

DBill wrote:

Lone tree?

Yes sir.
  • eddiebigeddieeddiebigeddie Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    mtex22 wrote:
    flip_rome wrote:

ttm27 wrote:

I know - I am insane.

Can you elaborate on the Atmos Black?...meaning fast swingers or aggressive swingers?
    Cobra F9...….…………………..Aldila Tour Blue 65
    Cobra F6 Baffler (17.5)…......…Project X HZRDUS Red 75
    Cobra F7 Hybrid (20.5).........….Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Mizuno JPX 919 HM (5 - Gw)…Project X LZ 6.5
    Cobra King Black (54/10)......….Project X LZ 6.5
    Taylormade Hi-Toe (60/10)........KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

[background=transparent]Machine M10 Adjuster (Damascus)[/background]

[background=transparent]Machine M10 Adjuster (303 Stainless-Naked)[/background]

[background=transparent]Machine M10 Fixer (303 Stainless-Torched)[/background]

Bennington LQO-9
    Grint...eddiebigeddie
    Ok, just finished up with the 1st round with the F9. A little about me. My handicap sits in the 6-10 range, driver swing speed in the 112-115 range with an aggressive transition. Bought the Cobra F9 in white 9 degree with 75 gram HZRDUS smoke X Stiff shaft playing at 45". Loft was standard on the sleeve and 14g weight was in the front. Former gamer was a Ping G400 LST.

Overall, the driver performed very well today, I played a course I am familiar with and knew spots I normally hit to with my G400 LST. One thing that really stood out to me was I caught a few low heel (I'm gonna blame not having any time for range balls as I was running a little behind but I digress) these low heel shots performed very well, held a pretty good line and still got out there distance wise. My normal shot shape is a slight draw, but when I caught these low heel it was a very subtle cut, very playable.

The distance was directly on par and was slightly longer when struck well, probably in the 3-5 yard range than my G400. The one thing that I noticed was the confidence I gained throughout the round to really go after the tee shots and the driver performed great. I never "lost" a tee shot the entire round with the driver. Launch angle was higher than I was used to with the G400 LST, which was an 8.5 degree head played in the standard position.

I can not say enough good things on how this driver looks, the matte black finish on the top of the driver looks great. I never noticed or was bothered by the 2 ridges that run along the back of the driver either.

Overall, after this non scientific, non data driven test, I have come away very impressed and excited to play more with this driver. If you haven't looked at Cobra in the past or are looking to try a new driver, add this one to your list, it is just an overall great driver.

Side note, I channeled my inner Bryson and left the flag stick in on all putts, did not make any difference but was faster! I can 3 putt with the flag in just as easy with it out!
  • John - MemphisJohn - Memphis Members Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited Jan 11, 2019 9:05pm #387
  • lspky_muskielspky_muskie Members Posts: 905 ✭✭
    Spent a half hour banging balls with the F9 with the Atmos Blue 6S tonight on Trackman. Picked up 2.7 MPH on average over my Rogue and 2.2 on my Ping G in head speed. Sounds really is great. Didn’t try different shafts, loft, weight positions, etc, so the G is still the winner for me because the dispersion is so tight. Going to probably use my store credit and pay fort a whole fitting to see if the right combo can beat the G, because I’m so sick of that tin can sound,
    Thanks for the review...jealous of the weather and the driver.
    Cobra F8+ 13.5 Aldila7x
    Ping Zing TR
    Srixon Z
  • RH82RH82 Members Posts: 1,999 ✭✭
    Great review! Thanks for that.
    Cobra King KTD Pro (9.5*)
    Titleist 917 F2 (16.5*)
    Callaway Apex (20*/23*)
    Srixon Z785 (5-PW)
    Cleveland RTX-4 (50*/56*/60*)
    Toulon Madison
  • BballMike14BballMike14 Members Posts: 90 ✭✭
    ttm27 wrote:
    kmbean wrote:

As I understand it the old adapters fit, but the new ones are labeled differently - +1, -1, etc. instead of having the loft numbers 9,10, etc on them.

Does this apply to the king LTD fairway adapter? I.e it will work just may be labelled differently?

Thanks!