ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

Comments

• Krt22Krt22 Advanced Members Posts: 6,035 ✭✭
    Yes I'd like to try 10/10. I remember the Mizuno jpx900 was a beast in the one config not detailed in the little booklet (one in the draw, on in the fade)
  • cz13X4cz13X4 Advanced Members Posts: 5,566 ✭✭
    Time to shaft hunt again. Accra didn't work for me.
    Cobra F9 tour length motore speeder ts
    Cobra F9 tour VA Raijin
    Cobra F9 VA Raijin
    Ping S55 Accra 110 tour
    Ping glide stealth Accra 110 tour
    Bettinardi limited minovai
  • Hookasaurus RexHookasaurus Rex Purveyor of fine turf Advanced Members Posts: 1,050 ✭✭
    I figure I'll throw my review up, since I finally hit mine for the first time after staring at it sitting in the corner for over well over a month. I was able to get on a GC2 at golftec a few days ago... **Caution** I hadn't hit a ball since early January, Haha.... I warmed up with irons and was making decent contact and seeing pretty good distance and spin numbers. once I got about 50 swings in I broke out the drivers and all **** broke loose--

I brought my G400 LST 8.5* with HC HZrdus Yellow- playing 45" to compare with my F9 Pro Orange 60 TX - playing 45"

Headweight G400- 202g, F9 206g with 14/10 weights

My first 30 swings (alternating every 5-10 shots between drivers) were hot garbage. Everything was a 230-270 yd pull hook. I contemplated giving up at that point, but I'm old and stubborn, so I didn't quit- I just kept hitting crappy shots. Finally, after I had hit 100 balls total, I somewhat found my swing. After finding a moderately decent swing I hit about 10 balls with the LST and 20 balls with the F9. I was not bringing any heat, unfortunately. A combination of being tired and not having a grooved swing. Good shots were in the 150-155 mph ballspeed realm. I feel like I'm more 160ish when I'm in golfing shape. General findings:

f9 was a good 3 mph faster than g400 LST in ball speed on average. Spin numbers were a touch lower with LST 2200-2500 when I had the 10g front and 14g back in the f9 (2400-2800). When I went heavier weight forward in f9 I was seeing around same spin numbers as the LST. Both were very straight when I finally got my act together. Good for good, the f9 was probably about 5 yds longer overall (when in heavy weight forward position). f9 had the three longest drives of day- 284-287- total distance. Most of my good drives seemed to be in the 250-260ish carry distance.

There was a lot of variance in my swing, so I'm sure that is accounting for a lot of stuff. However, the biggest takeaway I have from the first time out and comparison is that the cobra was consistently faster than the LST. In addition, It just sounds and feels so much better than any other driver out there today, imo. It's very enjoyable to hit. I would probably choose it regardless even if I got better numbers with LST or epic flash (when I hit it). I got around same numbers when I hit Flash a few months ago, but the Flash sounded like an angry bear smashing a steel trash can into the ground- extremely obnoxious, especially in an indoor setting. It's the same reason I didn't like the ping g30/G line of drivers.

I'm anxious to test again when my swing is more grooved/in shape....
    Cobra King F9 Avalanche 9* Tensei PO 60TX
    Cobra King LTD 3-4w Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.0
    Titleist 913h 19* Aldila Tour Green 85hs
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 4-GW Nippon Modus 3 105x
    Cobra King Black 54*, 58* Modus Wedge 115
    Taylormade Spider Limited Red
  • reechardreechard Members Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

gioguy21 wrote:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

Bummer, apparently LTD is like a unicorn and has a semi cult following here. I hopped on the band wagon and I'm not sold on it yet. For a guy like me that's still not consistent with my driver swing and a sometimes too wide in to out path, a very fade biased driver is a danger to any human on a fairway to my left.

Guys tell me to give regular LTD a shot which sits a bit more upright.... But I'd have to loft down and the site of an open face makes me pretty handsie.

Hit 9* F9 in store and really liked it. Spun like a top but I attribute that to the 50g R flex that the guy gave me. Apparently I look like 60 year old man. Straightest drives I've seen myself hit on a sim.
    lol yea i know wrx'ers love the LTD Pro...

the F9 with std weight setup did spin a lot for me in-store -- however, with the 18g up front and a shaft switch -- it was good to go. the problem (at face value) with the F9 is the head is very very light (mentioned here a bit). however, once you figure the weights/shaft figured out - the spin drops. i'm down with my rogue 130 white to 2100-2300 rpms...

Yeah I had the weight back 50R Indiana Jones whip shaft set up, so that's to be expected. I'm feeling a lot more confident with a shorter driver these days anyway, so I'd go after market weights regardless. I'd rather get a lighter head and fill it with weight than to have something already at the max end of weight as is.

LTD felt like Thor's hammer when I mistakenly played it at stock 45.5''. X flex was playing like senior flex it seemed.

I traded in my LTD pro for my F9 and I'm pleasantly surprised by this.

I play a 44" driver shaft, so when the weights arrive that will be much better I think.

F9 just sounds so good, I really really like the flight and the numbers with my Kuro Kage DC XT
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Currently in the bag: [/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Driver // ulAVttu.png F9 Speedback 8° // Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XT 60TX //
    Wood // TM 2017 M2 15° // Aldila Rogue Silver 110 //
    Wood // ulAVttu.png F6 Baffler 19° // Fujikura Pro 85s //
    Irons // 4-PW ulAVttu.png Amp Cell Pro Irons // DG S300 //
    Wedges // 50° - Cleveland RTX 4 //
    Wedges // 56° - default_nike-small.jpgEngage //
    Wedges // 60° - default_nike-small.jpg Engage //
    Putter // Odyssey JailBird Mini S //[/font]
  • therealjonzonetherealjonzone Advanced Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭
    cz13X4 wrote:

Time to shaft hunt again. Accra didn't work for me.

PM Me if it’s a TZ6 M5 65
  • dpb5031dpb5031 Advanced Members Posts: 4,935 ✭✭
    Checking in on this thread (along with some beautiful South FL weather) inspired me to put in a range session with my F9 Atmos Black 6x. I had been feeling a bit out of whack with my driver swing so worked on a more vertical wrist hinge and upright shaft orientation half way back, with an exaggerated shallowing move in transition. I'm also not one to typically mess much with driver settings, but figured I'd give it a shot.

Anyway, the setting that produced the best ball flights was +1D (draw). This was very odd as my irons are always 2 flat and I prefer flatter fairways and hybrids as well. Anyway, I was really moving out out there and it felt awesome. My predominant shot shape is a draw and I hate hooks, but this setting was working great today.

I'm playing tomorrow and will try the F9 on course again in this new setting and report back.
    USGA Index: ~2

WITB:
    2018 Taylormade M3 8.5 Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6x
    Taylormade M2 Tour 15 Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 S
    Kasco K2K 33 - UST Axivcore 65 Tour Green S
    Ping G 22 Hybrid (2 flat) - Ping Tour 80 S
    Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
    Ping Glide 2.0 - SS 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
    Taylormade Ho Toe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
    Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
    Taylormade TP5X Ball
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 10,115 ClubWRX
    So weak, ordered Tour 3w off eBay with the coupon in the last few minutes. $200.

Hzrdus Smoke
    F9 - 9* Atmos Black 7s
    F9 Tour 3w - Smoke 75
    Epic 3H - Tensei Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 fli-hi LZ 115
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • linkerpanlinkerpan ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,419 ClubWRX
    Warrick wrote:
    So weak, ordered Tour 3w off eBay with the coupon in the last few minutes. $200.

Hzrdus Smoke

Lol, I won one of the ksouth9 drivers that was discounted almost $48 with that coupon. Couldn’t hold myself even if I’m a good 20-25 days in Minnesota to start the season
    M4 460, 8.5 Rogue 70
    Tee EX10 Beta 13, 18. Hzrdus Yellow
    M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
    M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
    P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
    Vokey SM6 56/14, 60/07
    Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350
    Taylor Made TP5 balls
    Bushnell V2 range finder
    Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag

WITB Link
  • 3woodvt3woodvt 5 test drives for clubface contact. #footpowder Advanced Members Posts: 1,628

I figure I'll throw my review up, since I finally hit mine for the first time after staring at it sitting in the corner for over well over a month. I was able to get on a GC2 at golftec a few days ago... **Caution** I hadn't hit a ball since early January, Haha.... I warmed up with irons and was making decent contact and seeing pretty good distance and spin numbers. once I got about 50 swings in I broke out the drivers and all **** broke loose--

I brought my G400 LST 8.5* with HC HZrdus Yellow- playing 45" to compare with my F9 Pro Orange 60 TX - playing 45"

Headweight G400- 202g, F9 206g with 14/10 weights

My first 30 swings (alternating every 5-10 shots between drivers) were hot garbage. Everything was a 230-270 yd pull hook. I contemplated giving up at that point, but I'm old and stubborn, so I didn't quit- I just kept hitting crappy shots. Finally, after I had hit 100 balls total, I somewhat found my swing. After finding a moderately decent swing I hit about 10 balls with the LST and 20 balls with the F9. I was not bringing any heat, unfortunately. A combination of being tired and not having a grooved swing. Good shots were in the 150-155 mph ballspeed realm. I feel like I'm more 160ish when I'm in golfing shape. General findings:

f9 was a good 3 mph faster than g400 LST in ball speed on average. Spin numbers were a touch lower with LST 2200-2500 when I had the 10g front and 14g back in the f9 (2400-2800). When I went heavier weight forward in f9 I was seeing around same spin numbers as the LST. Both were very straight when I finally got my act together. Good for good, the f9 was probably about 5 yds longer overall (when in heavy weight forward position). f9 had the three longest drives of day- 284-287- total distance. Most of my good drives seemed to be in the 250-260ish carry distance.

There was a lot of variance in my swing, so I'm sure that is accounting for a lot of stuff. However, the biggest takeaway I have from the first time out and comparison is that the cobra was consistently faster than the LST. In addition, It just sounds and feels so much better than any other driver out there today, imo. It's very enjoyable to hit. I would probably choose it regardless even if I got better numbers with LST or epic flash (when I hit it). I got around same numbers when I hit Flash a few months ago, but the Flash sounded like an angry bear smashing a steel trash can into the ground- extremely obnoxious, especially in an indoor setting. It's the same reason I didn't like the ping g30/G line of drivers.

I'm anxious to test again when my swing is more grooved/in shape....
    Lol love that last paragraph and reminded me of my G30ls...Loved that thing but sound and feel eventually made me move on but was a great driver imo. Loving the F9 but it took me two head and two shafts and loft adjustments to finally get it to where it is truly "King". Can't see this moving out of the bag for several years, **** I may even buy a white head just to have a back up to look at something different... For those still dialing in just trying to provide some hope as it took me nearly 6 weeks, 15 buckets of balls, but finally found the perfect set up...now just to stop tinkering as I'm pretty much maxed out with perfect ball flight and spin. Best of luck to those still searching...
    Cobra F9 8.0 Atmos TS Black7x
    Cobra F8+ 13.5 Aldila7x
    Adams A12 19* VTS Proforce 100hs
    Srixon Z945 4-PW KBS Tour 120s
    Cleveland 2.0 51**,55**,59*
    Ping Zing TR
    Srixon Z
  • Go_TimeGo_Time _ Advanced Members Posts: 2,238
    got a 6.5 smoke if anyone needs extra shafts
  • nsxguynsxguy FloridaAdvanced Members Posts: 4,861 ✭✭
    linkerpan wrote:

Warrick wrote:

Hzrdus Smoke

Lol, I won one of the ksouth9 drivers that was discounted almost $48 with that coupon. Couldn’t hold myself even if I’m a good 20-25 days in Minnesota to start the season

What coupon was that ?
    Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Titleist 816 AP-1 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3 50*, 56*, 64*
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne
    Titleist AVX
    15% eBay coupon from yesterday, was already marked down to $229
    F9 - 9* Atmos Black 7s
    F9 Tour 3w - Smoke 75
    Mizuno 919 fli-hi LZ 115
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Advanced Members Posts: 7,035 ✭✭
    Warrick wrote:

When you get and hit club, please post here. I'm torn if I want F9 tour or Flash this year. Slightly upright lie of F9 scares me, but those rails saved me so many times last year when I had an F8.
    WITB
    LTD Pro Kiyoshi White 65X
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    Apex Pro Smoke incoming!!
    Stealth 2.0 50/10SS
    Stealth 2.0 54/12SS
    Stealth 2.0 58/10SS
    TP Black Copper Juno
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag
  • radimanradiman Advanced Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭
    linkerpan wrote:

Warrick wrote:

Hzrdus Smoke

Don't know where you are at, but I would be thrilled if we were 20-25 days away from golf at this point. In my parts, we are expecting some heavy rain today and another 6-12" of snow tomorrow. Gotta love Minnesota winters!
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
    Warrick wrote:

Was that yesterday only ?
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne
    Titleist AVX
    yes
  • swing33swing33 Advanced Members Posts: 87 ✭✭
    I am going to post my F9 for sale - or wanted to. Do I need 75 posts to do that?
  • PopIt&DropItPopIt&DropIt Advanced Members Posts: 229 ✭✭
    nsxguy wrote:

Warrick wrote:

Get the ebay app and allow notifications. It'll let you know when all these sales happen. Fair warning though, it's impossible not to buy something when you have site wide 15-20% off image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    swing33 wrote:

I am going to post my F9 for sale - or wanted to. Do I need 75 posts to do that?

If that's what the rules say in BST forum, then yes.

Do you happen to be lefty? I'm somewhat interested in a used 9* F9 head.
    WITB
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    Stealth 2.0 50/10SS
    Stealth 2.0 54/12SS
    Stealth 2.0 58/10SS
    TP Black Copper Juno
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

nsxguy wrote:

Warrick wrote:

Get the ebay app and allow notifications. It'll let you know when all these sales happen. Fair warning though, it's impossible not to buy something when you have site wide 15-20% off image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Would that be via text ? Wouldn't think so. And, if not, I'm one of those guys who has very limited internet access on my phone plan so the "data mode" is not on as a routine thing. I only turn it on when I need it for something.

I turned on my notification for "deals and such" to get them via email - that should work (I think).
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne
    Titleist AVX
  • KmacKmac Advanced Members Posts: 660 ✭✭
    Glad I didnt see this deal for the F9 Tour 3w or I would be in here admitting to my weaknesses as well. I also may have bought two new cally wedges yesterday so..
    Warrick wrote:

Was that coupon good to use on items from any seller on ebay?
    Yes, was sitewide.
    Krt22 wrote:

Yes, was sitewide.
    Dang - missed that one...
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 2,088 ClubWRX
    I put the 3 wood in play yesterday. What a hammer, and the feel is grear. Standard head all standard settings. Have not tweaked. At 14.5 degrees got plenty of height off the deck and it goes long and straight. The rails make this club so easy. I hit one out of the rough, which I avoid with a 3 wood, and it made no difference. First Cobra FW I ever have gamed. I am impressed. Already thinking about the 5 wood.

I know guys aleays like the Tour heads, but the standard does not look large at all behind the ball. Like the shape and look from address. Launches easy off turf, real easy. Easy to work too. Strong competitor with any other top fairway wood. I had pretty much ended playing 3 woods off turf but the F9 3 wood is changing that.
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • YacuoneYacuone Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited March 14
    Love. Got rid of the red.
    Cobra F9 9* w/ Atmos TS Black 6X
    Cobra F9 3w Tour w/ Atmos TS Black 7X
    Cobra Forged Tec 3i w/ Recoil 95
    Cobra King Pro Black (4-5 CB / 6-P MB) w/ S400 AMT
    Cobra King Black Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60* w/ S400 AMT
    Odyssey O-Works Black #7
  • nickosbadnickosbad Advanced Members Posts: 297 ✭✭
    Cobra Demo Event at my local range tonight....wanted to try a Tour 4 Wood as my Rogue 3 wood goes too far....WOW....could not hit this thing anything other than high and straight....let’s just say I’ve got one on its way!!!
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade M1 2017 9.5 HZRDUS 6.0[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 15’ Evenflow stiff[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade P790 3 Iron[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade Hi-Toe 52' & 58'[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping Vault 2.0 Anser Stealth[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping Anser Nickel[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping 4 Series White Tour Carry Bag[/font]
    Yacuone wrote:

That looks SICK. Your own work or did you send it out for refinishing?
    WITB
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    Stealth 2.0 50/10SS
    Stealth 2.0 54/12SS
    Stealth 2.0 58/10SS
    TP Black Copper Juno
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag
  • YacuoneYacuone Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

Yacuone wrote:

That looks SICK. Your own work or did you send it out for refinishing?

Thanks! My own work. Looks even better in person. The rest of the bag is getting the yellow/black theme as well.
    Cobra F9 9* w/ Atmos TS Black 6X
    Cobra F9 3w Tour w/ Atmos TS Black 7X
    Cobra Forged Tec 3i w/ Recoil 95
    Cobra King Pro Black (4-5 CB / 6-P MB) w/ S400 AMT
    Cobra King Black Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60* w/ S400 AMT
    Odyssey O-Works Black #7
    Been in Callaway woods for years, should be interesting...

I hit the diver and loved it,try this Tour 3w.
    F9 - 9* Atmos Black 7s
    F9 Tour 3w - Smoke 75
    Mizuno 919 fli-hi LZ 115
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • youngunz5840youngunz5840 Advanced Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭
    Warrick wrote:

I just got my 10g weight and almost thought about putting it in but the head was 200g with the 14 and 2 at d6.5 can’t imagine if I threw the 10 and 14 in I would be at e sw range. What length are you playing the driver at?

Warrick wrote:

I just got my 10g weight and almost thought about putting it in but the head was 200g with the 14 and 2 at d6.5 can't imagine if I threw the 10 and 14 in I would be at e sw range. What length are you playing the driver at?

46" with Atmos Black 7s
    F9 - 9* Atmos Black 7s
    F9 Tour 3w - Smoke 75
    Mizuno 919 fli-hi LZ 115
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • dlamb83dlamb83 Advanced Members Posts: 1,678 ✭✭
    edited March 14
    Man!!! The golf gods must hate me. Ordered tour length driver and fairway 2/22. Was told 3/24 ship. Last week was told 3/27. Today I am told 3/31.

Ordered them both with pro orange. So if anyone else is waiting on the pro orange there are 5 of us waiting per Cobra rep. Sucks,watching this thread and seeing everyone love there’s,and I’m over here in the corner waiting. Means once Cobra gets the shafts it will be 3 days for them to quality control them,then another 3-5 days to build and ship. So maybe(fingers crossed) Masters time I’ll have them. Just wanted to pass info along if anyone is wanting or waiting.
    2 hours on the sim tomorrow, more time with driver, test the Tour 3w
    F9 - 9* Atmos Black 7s
    F9 Tour 3w - Smoke 75
    Mizuno 919 fli-hi LZ 115
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • ruffellprefleyruffellprefley Advanced Members Posts: 2,017 ✭✭
    edited March 15

I was tinkering with lead tape and found that the 2g plastic weight has some gaps in the bottom. I just bought some tungsten putty and will try filling some of the little gaps in the bottom of the weight to get sw higher. $8 on amazon instead of a $25 weight from cobra. will see how it goes.

https://www.amazon.c...=gateway&sr=8-3

FYI I packed all the space behind the stock 2g weight with the tungsten putty that I got and it ended up making it juuuuuuust to 8g. depending on where on my scale it was it was showing 7g and 8g. I reckon I could Dremel out the plastic spacers in the back of the "weight" too, to pack another gram or 2 worth of putty in there. A good alternative to buying a weight if you only need somewhere between 2 g and 10g for the total weight.

• SPARKPSPARKP ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 828 ClubWRX
    dlamb83 wrote:

Man!!! The golf gods must hate me. Ordered tour length driver and fairway 2/22. Was told 3/24 ship. Last week was told 3/27. Today I am told 3/31.

Ordered them both with pro orange. So if anyone else is waiting on the pro orange there are 5 of us waiting per Cobra rep. Sucks,watching this thread and seeing everyone love there’s,and I’m over here in the corner waiting. Means once Cobra gets the shafts it will be 3 days for them to quality control them,then another 3-5 days to build and ship. So maybe(fingers crossed) Masters time I’ll have them. Just wanted to pass info along if anyone is wanting or waiting.

Sorry to hear that as I know it would drive me crazy with frustration. Got all mine in before the back-orders. First time ever that I've had the same brand / model Driver, 3wd and Hybrids.

COBRA F9 Speedback 10.5*| UST Helium F3
    COBRA F9 Speedback 3wd | Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec 6R
    ADAMS PRO A12 PRO 2 & 3 Hybrids | UST Mamiya VTS Silver
    PXG GEN-2 0311XF 4 - 6 irons | Accra Tour 100i Graphite Stiff 
    PXG GEN-2 0311P 7 - GW irons | Accra Tour 100i Graphite Stiff 
    PING GLIDE STEALTH 2.0 SW 54* - 12 | Wedge Flex
    PING GLIDE STEALTH 2.0 LW 58* - 6 | Wedge Flex
    PXG GUNBOAT H Putter
    PXG STAFF BAG

• awtryau89awtryau89 Advanced Members Posts: 1,177 ✭✭
    This driver is really making me mad. Normally by now I would have put the Seinfeld girlfriend treatment on it and found something I didn't like. I want to ho another driver so bad. I just can't. I do not see anything that is going to do what its doing for me. I guess I just need to be patient. The G410 LS is coming in June. That's like 20 years in my driver timeframe though. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to ho some irons or putters.
  • Captain Morgan Captain Morgan Advanced Members Posts: 691 ✭✭

Anyone else see this video? This guy seems to side with Crossfield. With toe strikes both guys saw massive loss of distance. I haven’t done extensive testing with mine cause of weather. Normally my miss is off the toe. Which means it’s going hard left. I hit my F9 on a sim and outdoors but hard to see ball flight outside when ground/sky/ball are all the same color. I know when I nut one it feels good.
    Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile
  • CKYGolferCKYGolfer Members Posts: 2
    Hilarious how people are selling head only for $275-$350 and you can buy new for $370 (including real deal shaft)
  • linkerpanlinkerpan ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,419 ClubWRX
    CKYGolfer wrote:
    Hilarious how people are selling head only for $275-$350 and you can buy new for $370 (including real deal shaft)

That does not mean that is the price they will sell it at the end.
    M4 460, 8.5 Rogue 70
    Tee EX10 Beta 13, 18. Hzrdus Yellow
    M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
    M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
    P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
    Vokey SM6 56/14, 60/07
    Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350
    Taylor Made TP5 balls
    Bushnell V2 range finder
    Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag

WITB Link
  • 3woodvt3woodvt 5 test drives for clubface contact. #footpowder Advanced Members Posts: 1,628

https://youtu.be/ts-goDDFSl4

Anyone else see this video? This guy seems to side with Crossfield. With toe strikes both guys saw massive loss of distance. I haven't done extensive testing with mine cause of weather. Normally my miss is off the toe. Which means it's going hard left. I hit my F9 on a sim and outdoors but hard to see ball flight outside when ground/sky/ball are all the same color. I know when I nut one it feels good.
    my strike pattern is slightly off center high toe. Imagine the milled face (circle milled pattern). My strike is within the circle but touches the outer ring and I find tons of ball speed and performance in this area. I hear others brag about the low strike but unfortunately I can't comment as neither this or low heel is something I hit hardly ever. Hope this helps. If you're way out on the toe then yeah I'd say find a deeper larger faced driver but missing by an inch from center is not good with any driver I'm assuming.
    Cobra F9 8.0 Atmos TS Black7x
    Cobra F8+ 13.5 Aldila7x
    Adams A12 19* VTS Proforce 100hs
    Srixon Z945 4-PW KBS Tour 120s
    Cleveland 2.0 51**,55**,59*
    Ping Zing TR
    Srixon Z
    CKYGolfer wrote:

When a real deal shaft comes from an oem it's aftermarket value tanks a bit. Even thought they are real deal they maybe only net $100 total. If you know you are going to use something different sometimes it's not worth the hassle to sell the stock shaft. I bought the whole club just because I wanted to try the shaft. Hit maybe 25 balls total with stock shaft and it's already been replaced
  • AFcelicaAFcelica Advanced Members Posts: 684
    edited March 16
    Are the f9 hybrids or fairways a noticable upgrade from the f8 or f7?
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Advanced Members Posts: 1,581 ✭✭

Anyone else see this video? This guy seems to side with Crossfield. With toe strikes both guys saw massive loss of distance. I haven’t done extensive testing with mine cause of weather. Normally my miss is off the toe. Which means it’s going hard left. I hit my F9 on a sim and outdoors but hard to see ball flight outside when ground/sky/ball are all the same color. I know when I nut one it feels good.

Hence why online reviews are for entertainment purposes only.

For me, the entire reason I went with the F9 in place of anything else including my old gamer was the lack of distance loss off toe hits. My toe hits go the distance as centered hits with most other clubs.

As always, there are no absolutes in golf equipment results when applied to individual golfers.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: He who shall not be named...[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hybrid: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 816H1 21 Degree w/Accra 182H M3[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Irons: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Wedges: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Callaway ChromeSoft 2018 (Yellow)[/font]
  • wobgonwobgon Advanced Members Posts: 7,435 ✭✭
    CKYGolfer wrote:

What is hilarious about it?
  • ian-500ian-500 Advanced Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    I've gone all RF and ordered a F9 9.0 with Tour AD IZ 7x, 1" short. Here in a couple of weeks hopefully. Can't wait.
    Cobra F9 9* + Tour AD IZ 7x.
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15 Tour Issue + Tour AD IZ 7x.
    Callaway Rogue 19 Tour Issue + Tour AD IZ 8s.
    Adams Pro 23 Tour Issue + Tour AD UT95x
    Adams DHY Pro 27 + Irod 105x.
    Adams XTD Forged Tour Issue 6i - GW + Recoil Prototype 125F5.
    Adams XTD Forged SW/LW + KBS Hi-Rev x.
    SeeMore SB1, Accra FX300, Garsen.
    went to the sim this morning, was not the best, got a bay they had not replaced the mat in a while, nice depression, not ideal.

I did have some good strikes with the Tour 3w, but this really needs hit outside, need to see how the rails interact with turf for me. Feel and sound are excellent.

I can't wait to get the driver out on course, no way it is this straight. We should get to play actual golf this weekend, will give the driver and 3w the starting spot, see if they can stay over callaway.
    F9 - 9* Atmos Black 7s
    F9 Tour 3w - Smoke 75
    Mizuno 919 fli-hi LZ 115
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • averysdadaverysdad Advanced Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭
    Continuing my on course head to head with F9 vs the G400Max. So far the G4M is still in the lead. It’s just a tad longer (for me and my swing) and forgiving so far. Taking them out next weekend for another head to head and see how the dust settles. As much as I want the F9 to win as I love the feel and sound vs the max....i just see the Ping edging the f9 at the finish line.
  • wobgonwobgon Advanced Members Posts: 7,435 ✭✭
    Tried and tried with multiple demos and shafts...…...Can't see how the f9 could beat out the m5 for anyone...…...I guess that's why there are a bunch of manufacturers to fit all different players.
  • ian-500ian-500 Advanced Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    averysdad wrote:

Continuing my on course head to head with F9 vs the G400Max. So far the G4M is still in the lead. It’s just a tad longer (for me and my swing) and forgiving so far. Taking them out next weekend for another head to head and see how the dust settles. As much as I want the F9 to win as I love the feel and sound vs the max....i just see the Ping edging the f9 at the finish line.

Dispersion?
    Cobra F9 9* + Tour AD IZ 7x.
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15 Tour Issue + Tour AD IZ 7x.
    Callaway Rogue 19 Tour Issue + Tour AD IZ 8s.
    Adams Pro 23 Tour Issue + Tour AD UT95x
    Adams DHY Pro 27 + Irod 105x.
    Adams XTD Forged Tour Issue 6i - GW + Recoil Prototype 125F5.
    Adams XTD Forged SW/LW + KBS Hi-Rev x.
    SeeMore SB1, Accra FX300, Garsen.