Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

1444547495085

Comments

  • 3woodvt3woodvt 5 test drives for clubface contact. #footpowder Members Posts: 1,628

    Go_Time wrote:

    Booker wrote:


    11.5 on your adapter would be 10 or 8.5 on your adapter would be 7.0 in those heads.




    Sorry, this is very confusing. I have a 9* head if that helps.




    LOLOLOLOL! I just ran into this last night. So funny. As much as I know about equipment, I still forgot to do the conversion.



    After warming up, I took the shaft out of my LTD and stuck it in my demo F9. Of course I just set it on 9.5 draw like always. I then proceed to hit these low 60-70 foot high bullet fades that I simply can't elevate without the greatest of bodily contortions.



    I'm thinking, what the **** is going on? This is the lowest launching driver I've ever hit. I went back to the LTD head at 9.5. Plenty of loft. Then My TS3. Launch it to the moon at 9.5.



    Back to the F9 at "9.5". Again....low bullets. FINALLY I realize that the "stock" loft of this head is 9 degrees. The "stock" neutral loft of my LTD is 10.5 degrees. If I'm setting the F9 at 9.5 I'm actually playing it ONE DEGREE DELOFTED from Stock. I'm actually hitting it at 8 degrees.



    After finally figuring it out I adjusted the F9 to 10.5 on my old adapter, which is actually "neutral" loft for that adapter, or 9 degrees on the new F9. Instantly I see much better results but by now I'm so tired from hitting so many balls that I'm not really learning anything worthwhile. I actually think I need to go to 11 degrees on my adapter, which would be 9.5 degrees on the F9.



    I will try to recover and hit more today. I was hoping to leave a decent comparison between F9, LTD, TS3, and Mizzy ST180 but my plans were foiled. My shoulder and knee aren't feeling so hot either. My power is definitely off at the moment. Not ideal to test right now unfortunately.



    I can say that the F9 sounds the best to me by far of any of the new drivers(NOT better than LTD), for the handful that say it's Hooky....no way. You have the wrong shaft or you have toe strike issues if you think this club is hooky. Playing exactly the same shaft that Ive used for THREE YEARS in my LTD I can tell you unequivocally that I had absolutely no hooking issues. The old LTD is DEFINITELY Easier to turn left than this club.



    I will post more once I can test more. So far I like it, but 80% of the swings were in the wrong loft setting. I do like the overall shape. I can live with all the mess on the crown. It's less distracting than I though it would be. If you want to play it at 8 degrees and hit low bullet fades I can tell you it does that just fine. LOL!
    to funny.
    Cobra F9 8.0 Atmos TS Black7x
    Cobra F8+ 13.5 Aldila7x
    Adams A12 19* VTS Proforce 100hs
    Srixon Z945 4-PW KBS Tour 120s
    Cleveland 2.0 51**,55**,59*
    Ping Zing TR
    Srixon Z
  • rsh0308rsh0308 Members Posts: 325 ✭✭


    Golf Galaxy just sent our 50% trade enhancement email and it included Cobra! Oh my! At my local GG, all the guys are talking about the F9, and putting it into customers hands and asking them to hit it. Pretty awesome. Good year for Cobra.


    Any chance you could post a screen grab? I called my GG and they said only valid for Epic Flash.
    My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story

    Callaway Great Big Bertha 9*, GD AD DI-6x
    Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*, White Tie x
    Taylormade Auroburner TP 3h, White Tie x
    Mizuno 850 Forged 4-P, DG TIS400
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
    Scotty Red X
  • HoganHOHoganHO Members Posts: 254 ✭✭
    bcsquare wrote:


    Who's compared this to the Ping G400 LST?




    I'll be able to give a report on this soon. Picked up the F9 today.
  • tbone18tbone18 Members Posts: 486 ✭✭
    rsh0308 wrote:



    Golf Galaxy just sent our 50% trade enhancement email and it included Cobra! Oh my! At my local GG, all the guys are talking about the F9, and putting it into customers hands and asking them to hit it. Pretty awesome. Good year for Cobra.


    Any chance you could post a screen grab? I called my GG and they said only valid for Epic Flash.
    there is also a 50% tradein bonus for M5 and M6 at GG. you can only trade in the prior gen callaway towards the flash. ie Epic, Rogue etc.
    CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA 815 HYBRID 20,23 / MATRIX HM3 105
    MIURA CB-1007 5-PW / ALDILA RIP TOUR 115
    TAYLORMADE HIGH TOE 50,54,58
    PXG BAT ATTACK BLACK CENTER SHAFT

    TESTING IN PROGRESS
    EPIC FLASH SUB ZERO 9* / ALDILA ROGUE SILVER 110 70 X-FLEX
    PING G410 PLUS 9* / PROJECT X EVENFLOW BLACK 75 6.5
    HONMA TW737VN 5-10 / ALDILA RIP TOUR 115
  • JustinMJustinM Members Posts: 129 ✭✭
    There is 50% trade in bonus for TM, Cobra and Callaway at GG. I got the email today.
  • awtryau89awtryau89 Members Posts: 1,193 ✭✭
    Got my 18 gram weight yesterday. Head weighs in at 203 grams now. Today I went back to the range and worked a good bit on wedges and mid irons. I grabbed the F9 after a while and had forgotten I had added weight. The first 3 balls were bullets and even a bit lower than I am used to. Very easy to square up the face with the Tensei Pro now. I had forgotten I added weight but I knew something was different. Made me realize that tweaking like that definitely makes a difference.



    On another note, I did spend a good bit of time with the F9 Fairway. I have the original shaft and a Kaili. I just cannot get that club to work as well for me as my Rogue/AD IZ combo. I have played 2 rounds with it and hit some decent shots. I want to give it a chance but after spending the time today on the range with it and the Callaway side by side, you can look for it on the BST this weekend. Its just not going to replace the Rogue so I might as well move on.
  • jabwind51jabwind51 Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    awtryau89 wrote:


    Got my 18 gram weight yesterday. Head weighs in at 203 grams now. Today I went back to the range and worked a good bit on wedges and mid irons. I grabbed the F9 after a while and had forgotten I had added weight. The first 3 balls were bullets and even a bit lower than I am used to. Very easy to square up the face with the Tensei Pro now. I had forgotten I added weight but I knew something was different. Made me realize that tweaking like that definitely makes a difference.



    On another note, I did spend a good bit of time with the F9 Fairway. I have the original shaft and a Kaili. I just cannot get that club to work as well for me as my Rogue/AD IZ combo. I have played 2 rounds with it and hit some decent shots. I want to give it a chance but after spending the time today on the range with it and the Callaway side by side, you can look for it on the BST this weekend. Its just not going to replace the Rogue so I might as well move on.




    What is your playing length with the 18g?
  • swing33swing33 Members Posts: 89 ✭✭
    JustinM wrote:


    There is 50% trade in bonus for TM, Cobra and Callaway at GG. I got the email today.
    That is good info - was not aware that they were doing this with Cobra - Thanks!
  • BookerBooker Members Posts: 721 ✭✭
    edited Feb 5, 2019 8:39pm #1390
    I spent an hour with f9 again today on trackman. 9.0 with 3 different shafts, hzrdus smoke 6.5 75, atmos tour spec 7x and nv 2kxv blue 60x. This driver for me wants to go left ball speed was great 167mph @111-112mph chs spin around 22-2500 12 launch. The nv and smoke were 45 and the atmos was stock length.



    Epic flash 9.0 with graphite design vr 6x and 6.5 hrzdus smoke 75 had much better dispersion and the same ball speed and launch, but a very tinny sound to it. Great looking head. Path was much better with this set up, 2 degrees in to out.



    I think with some weight in the head the cobra would be much better, my path was 4-4.5 from the inside with f9. My 2016 m2 T.I was just as good 167mph ballspeed and 2400 spin and the dispersion was much better. Shaft was a diamana wseries 60x 45 inches, head weight was 5grams heavier than f9, path was 2 degrees in to out. Going to be tough to knock this combo out of the bag.



    A few more sessions with the f9 later in the week I will bring a few other shafts I have with cobra tips and some lead tape. The looks and feel of this driver are awesome.
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,247 ClubWRX
    I just checked, really, $33 for 1 weight and shipping?



    They won't send you a free one?
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 75
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 75
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,195 ✭✭
    Buy 4 get 25% off tho lulz
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,247 ClubWRX
    edited Feb 5, 2019 8:35pm #1393
    yeah, great deal, 4 for $75.....
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 75
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 75
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,074 ✭✭
    Took some swings with this one today after hitting a bunch of irons shots and a few with my G400. First swings in months due to weather so not the best swing. Had the 9* head with stmos black in 6s. Sound is a nice somewhat muted thump. I liked the sound and feel even with range balls.



    Was getting a mid launch and lower peak height compared to my G400 with hzrdus yellow but based on loft and shafts that was to be expected. Lofted up to 10 and got some added height. It was nice to see even on some midhiys not a lot of lateral movement. Going to spend more time with this and some other shafts once the winter rust is cleaned up
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,247 ClubWRX
    edited Feb 5, 2019 9:06pm #1395
    If anyone ends up with an 18g or 10g weight they don't need, would be interested.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 75
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 75
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • carreracarrera Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭
    Order placed today: Tour Length White 10.5°, Hzrdus Smoke 70 stiff, stock grip. Can't wait.
    Cobra F9 Tour Length - Hzrdus Smoke 70 stiff
    Cobra F9 14.5 - Atmos Blue Stiff
    Callaway Epic Hybrid - Recoil 780 stiff
    Cobra King 3/4 Utility - Recoil 780 Smacwrap F4
    Cobra King Forged TEC Black - Recoil 95 F4 5-PW
    Cobra King Black wedges 54/58 versatile grinds - Recoil 110 F4
    Odyssey 2Ball
    TM TP5X
  • t4t3rt4t3r Members Posts: 2,657 ✭✭
    JStang wrote:


    I am seriously considering buying this driver. Unfortunately, my Golf Galaxy uses balls that are about 5 years old that have been hit thousands (if not hundereds of thousands) of times and have zero pop to them. My swing speed is 110 (+/-) a few MPH and I was struggling to carry the ball 250 yards. Same with 7 iron. I was barely carrying it 160 yards where I usually carry my 7 iron about 175.



    Then I happened to find a TM TP5 that looked like it had bounced down a runway a few times and was carrying it 270 yards rolling out to 295. Launch and spin were good, feel was awesome. Not a huge fan of the yellow so I would more than likely opt for the white but I loved the way the club felt at address.




    Any comparison to the TS3? Want to try the M5 but the TS3 is the last head I want to test against the F9.
    Ping G400 Max 9* - Project X Evenflow T1100 White 6.5
    Callaway Alpha 816 DBD 14* - Diamana D+ 70x
    Callaway Alpha 815 20* - UST iRoD 85x
    Callaway 2013 X-Forged 4-PW - Nippon Modus 130
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 52.08F
    Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw 56.08M
    Callaway MD4 Raw 60.08C
    Scotty Cameron Milspec 350g
  • Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,195 ✭✭
    F9 arrives tomorrow, it has it's work cut out for it!



    First maiden range session with my Epic Flash/Speeder Evo 5 combo and it the best I've ever hit it.
  • craz-ecraz-e Members Posts: 4,032 ✭✭
    Krt22 wrote:


    F9 arrives tomorrow, it has it's work cut out for it!



    First maiden range session with my Epic Flash/Speeder Evo 5 combo and it the best I've ever hit it.




    Liking your work!

    Spoken like a true Ho!
    Driver = Ping G410 Plus even flow black 6.0
    5 Wood = Taylormade Burner

    Irons = Miura 1957 Baby Blades Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wilson Staff FG59 DG S300's (4-PW)
    Titleist 718 MB Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56* and 60*

    = Taylormade 64* Hi-Toe
    Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
    Ball = Titleist AVX
  • Captain Morgan Captain Morgan Members Posts: 707 ✭✭
    rsh0308 wrote:


    Golf Galaxy just sent our 50% trade enhancement email and it included Cobra! Oh my! At my local GG, all the guys are talking about the F9, and putting it into customers hands and asking them to hit it. Pretty awesome. Good year for Cobra.


    Any chance you could post a screen grab? I called my GG and they said only valid for Epic Flash.




    Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile
  • extrastiffextrastiff Members Posts: 857 ✭✭
    casey_0507 wrote:

    hendog39 wrote:
    I hit the single length hybrid yesterday and was really impressed how easy it was to hit and the feel was great. 21 degree with a regular flex was all they had so was leaving them right but the flight was identical shot after shot. Going one length irons and may put a few of these in play.




    I briefly played a F8 OL 4 hybrid last year and liked it for the most part. There were times it felt too short and would throw me off (probably a mental thing). I really wish somebody would produce iron length hybrids (to match steel shaft lengths).


    I may be misunderstanding what you were saying, but hybrid iron sets exist, I think they're usually entry level though (not many other golfers want that design).
    g400 max 9* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    f8 15* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    p790 4i | steelfiber 95x
    black utility onelength 22.5*, 26* | steelfiber 110x
    forged onelength 6i | steelfiber 110x
    p730 7i-pw | steelfiber 110x
    hi-toe 52*9, 56*8, 62*5 | steelfiber 110x
    columbus
    jumbomax tour medium grips
  • rgk5rgk5 rgk5(OLB) Members Posts: 3,536 ✭✭
    Warrick wrote:


    I just checked, really, $33 for 1 weight and shipping?



    They won't send you a free one?




    Why should they?
    Cobra F8+ 10.5*, Mitsubishi Grand Bassara 39 R

    Cobra F8 3-4 wood 15.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 R

    Ping G400 hybrids 19*, 22*, Alta 70 R

    Cobra F7 5-GW, R flex steel
    Ping Glide 1.0 55*, CFS Wedge flex

    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 58*, Alta 70 R

    Ping Zing 2 TR 34", Rosemark grip
  • stk123stk123 Members Posts: 446 ✭✭
    Has anyone compared the F9 against the PXG 0811X Gen 2 or the Honma 747 TW? Any thoughts and comparisons?
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,247 ClubWRX
    edited Feb 6, 2019 7:34am #1404
    rgk5 wrote:

    Warrick wrote:


    I just checked, really, $33 for 1 weight and shipping?



    They won't send you a free one?




    Why should they?




    because Callaway did.....



    Actually, if they shipped it free would have purchased, but $8 to ship an item that should cost $8, and is $1 to ship.
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 75
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 75
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • PatsNationPatsNation Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭
    edited Feb 6, 2019 7:22am #1405
    Got my F9 yesterday delivered to work. When I got home was really comparing it looks wise to my M3. Personally I think the M3 is one of the best looking color combos/shape driver out there.



    F9 and M3 Have identical Shafts. Play 44.5", tipped 1" Hzrdus Black 6.0s. I play the M3 8.5 clicked 1 low with weights in the Koepka setting



    F9 Is a good looking driver. Shape is certainly different for me. I got the White I like the 2 tone top think it frames the ball well



    Hopefully get some range/Sim time over next few weeks to compare but if they are close I could end up sticking with the M3
  • casey_0507casey_0507 Members Posts: 1,629 ✭✭
    Warrick wrote:

    rgk5 wrote:

    Warrick wrote:


    I just checked, really, $33 for 1 weight and shipping?



    They won't send you a free one?




    Why should they?




    because Callaway did.....



    Actually, if they shipped it free would have purchased, but $8 to ship an item that should cost $8, and is $1 to ship.




    When Cobra charges $550 for their driver and doesn't send a free weight, then let's start complaining. Even buying a new weight, with $8 shipping, and buying a new driver it's still cheaper than most other OEMs.
    Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x
    Cobra F7 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
    Cobra King Baffler Aldila Tour Blue 85x
    Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
    Spider Tour Red
  • casey_0507casey_0507 Members Posts: 1,629 ✭✭
    extrastiff wrote:

    casey_0507 wrote:

    hendog39 wrote:
    I hit the single length hybrid yesterday and was really impressed how easy it was to hit and the feel was great. 21 degree with a regular flex was all they had so was leaving them right but the flight was identical shot after shot. Going one length irons and may put a few of these in play.




    I briefly played a F8 OL 4 hybrid last year and liked it for the most part. There were times it felt too short and would throw me off (probably a mental thing). I really wish somebody would produce iron length hybrids (to match steel shaft lengths).


    I may be misunderstanding what you were saying, but hybrid iron sets exist, I think they're usually entry level though (not many other golfers want that design).




    I was more meaning I would love to see OEM's/Cobra offer hybrids at a traditional iron length. Sort of a compromise between normal hybrids and Cobra's OL hybrids. The OL were nice, just felt slightly short in the 3/4 hybrids every so often.
    Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x
    Cobra F7 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
    Cobra King Baffler Aldila Tour Blue 85x
    Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
    Spider Tour Red
  • extrastiffextrastiff Members Posts: 857 ✭✭
    casey_0507 wrote:

    extrastiff wrote:

    casey_0507 wrote:

    hendog39 wrote:
    I hit the single length hybrid yesterday and was really impressed how easy it was to hit and the feel was great. 21 degree with a regular flex was all they had so was leaving them right but the flight was identical shot after shot. Going one length irons and may put a few of these in play.




    I briefly played a F8 OL 4 hybrid last year and liked it for the most part. There were times it felt too short and would throw me off (probably a mental thing). I really wish somebody would produce iron length hybrids (to match steel shaft lengths).


    I may be misunderstanding what you were saying, but hybrid iron sets exist, I think they're usually entry level though (not many other golfers want that design).




    I was more meaning I would love to see OEM's/Cobra offer hybrids at a traditional iron length. Sort of a compromise between normal hybrids and Cobra's OL hybrids. The OL were nice, just felt slightly short in the 3/4 hybrids every so often.


    Ok gotcha. Yea those hybrid sets are like that but they are entry level.



    I ordered a sterling singlelength 5 hybrid (can be bent to other lofts if u can find a shop that will do it) and made it 4 iron length for my little bro. Works like I assume u would like it to. So basically just build your own using one length/single length hybrids (cost of that build was less then $150, so if ur proficient at eBay/basic club building it would be a fun set to build over time I bet)
    g400 max 9* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    f8 15* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    p790 4i | steelfiber 95x
    black utility onelength 22.5*, 26* | steelfiber 110x
    forged onelength 6i | steelfiber 110x
    p730 7i-pw | steelfiber 110x
    hi-toe 52*9, 56*8, 62*5 | steelfiber 110x
    columbus
    jumbomax tour medium grips
  • rjr25rjr25 Members Posts: 248 ✭✭
    edited Feb 6, 2019 11:19am #1409
    Maiden voyage in the Sims last night. Didnt have a lot of time to hit it on the range and monitor numbers before the round, so some more playing to do there but initial numbers were good.



    Initial impressions. I am seeing distance gains for sure, but struggled with the feel and swing. Was fighting a draw and couldn't seem to get it to fade at all which used to be my goto with the LTD. Hopefully a bad swing day. I know this is certainly lighter swingweight than my LTD so will look to bump that up. Had a hard time feeling the head and felt like I really need a strong transition with the Atmos Black to see good results (and the feel the head). See what I can do with lead tape for now. Wish the weights were cheaper. Hopefully ebay knockoffs come out soon.



    Does anyone know if this is an item you could order through someone like DD? Or an add on through them perhaps with another club purchase?
    My 2019 Experiment
    Cobra F9 - 9 degree - Atmos Black TS 6S (Cobra LTD waiting impatiently to go back in the bag)
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5
    Cobra F8 Hybrid 19
    Cobra King Utility Black OL 21
    Cobra F7 OL 5&6
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 7-GW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54SS & 58ES
    TaylorMade TP Black Copper Ardmore 3 - 34
  • t4t3rt4t3r Members Posts: 2,657 ✭✭
    A little more testing yesterday with the demo I have. Really struggling to find the center of the face, but I will blame that on the shaft/length and a poor winter swing. Impact location is predominantly low on the face, but ball speeds still seem high and even with courses that were absolutely soaked, it was still consistently a little longer than my gamer. Feel is a sizeable upgrade, and I am loving the muted sound from the F9 which I posted about previously.



    For some reason I just lose the club head very quickly with the Smoke, and then get stuck on the downswing which causes me to save it with the hands - just not a fit for me. Glad I ordered mine with the EF White before they were all gone and it will arrive today. Will definitely need to do some more shaft testing to really tune this thing in.
    Ping G400 Max 9* - Project X Evenflow T1100 White 6.5
    Callaway Alpha 816 DBD 14* - Diamana D+ 70x
    Callaway Alpha 815 20* - UST iRoD 85x
    Callaway 2013 X-Forged 4-PW - Nippon Modus 130
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 52.08F
    Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw 56.08M
    Callaway MD4 Raw 60.08C
    Scotty Cameron Milspec 350g
  • dlamb83dlamb83 Members Posts: 1,678 ✭✭
    rjr25 wrote:
    Maiden voyage in the Sims last night. Didnt have a lot of time to hit it on the range and monitor numbers before the round, so some more playing to do there but initial numbers were good.



    Initial impressions. I am seeing distance gains for sure, but struggled with the feel and swing. Was fighting a draw and couldn't seem to get it to fade at all which used to be my goto with the LTD. Hopefully a bad swing day. I know this is certainly lighter swingweight than my LTD so will look to bump that up. Had a hard time feeling the head and felt like I really need a strong transition with the Atmos Black to see good results (and the feel the head). See what I can do with lead tape for now. Wish the weights were cheaper. Hopefully ebay knockoffs come out soon.



    Does anyone know if this is an item you could order through someone like DD? Or an add on through them perhaps with another club purchase?




    You can order the weights through cobra. Also to give you some info. The weight front on the F9 promotes fade bias,and weight back promotes draw bias. Based on what the cobra website says.
Sign In or Register to comment.