Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

18384858789

Comments

  • DatSliceDoeDatSliceDoe Camerons & Cobras One fairway overMembers Posts: 2,233 ✭✭

    @Warrick said:
    Just finally got it set up right, playing this morning

    Hope it worked out for you. I'm thinking of ordering that setup regardless, as the club is now back in stock (was backordered for a while).

    Been another rainy weekend here (12th in a row), but I really got my LTD dialed in, still want to jump ship and get the F9 to see if I can get even more out of it. Hopefully this rain stops for once.

  • balls_deepballs_deep Members Posts: 551 ✭✭
    edited May 12, 2019 10:49pm #2583

    What weight setup are most using? Head is feeling a bit light and I’m getting quick from the top leading to some bigger fades than I’d like. May take the accros grip off. I currently have 14g front 2g back.

    Cobra F9 Speedback 9° Tour Spec Atmos Black 6x
    Titleist 917F2 15.75° Aldila Rogue Black 70s
    Titleist 816H1 20° & 23° Accra FX200H M4
    Titleist 716 T-MB 4-5 (.5 long 2 flat) Modus 120x
    Titleist 716 CB 6-PW (.5 long 2 flat) Modus 120x
    Vokey SM7 50F 54S 58D S200
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 350g 34.5"
    Pro V1x

    Currently - 8.7
  • TheShaunTheShaun Members Posts: 1,099 ✭✭

    What shaft are people going for in the F9 driver? Atmos Blue/Black or HZRDUS Black/Yellow?

  • fsutankerfsutanker Members Posts: 301 ✭✭

    Just got fitted for mine at Club Champion . We landed on the Oban Devotion shaft then the f9 won the head battle. It hasn’t arrived yet, but I can’t wait to get it on the course.

  • cj4501cj4501 Members Posts: 543 ✭✭

    @Warrick said:
    Just finally got it set up right, playing this morning

    How'd it play Mike? I have mine 9* 43.5 atmos black 6s and it's pretty nice. Way more forgiving than my fly z+ I had. How's the golf game this year so far?

  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,327 ClubWRX

    @DatSliceDoe said:

    @Warrick said:
    Just finally got it set up right, playing this morning

    Hope it worked out for you. I'm thinking of ordering that setup regardless, as the club is now back in stock (was backordered for a while).

    Been another rainy weekend here (12th in a row), but I really got my LTD dialed in, still want to jump ship and get the F9 to see if I can get even more out of it. Hopefully this rain stops for once.

    Yes, was better, more consistent

    TM Mini 11.5 Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,327 ClubWRX

    @cj4501 said:

    @Warrick said:
    Just finally got it set up right, playing this morning

    How'd it play Mike? I have mine 9* 43.5 atmos black 6s and it's pretty nice. Way more forgiving than my fly z+ I had. How's the golf game this year so far?

    Hey Chris.

    Did you play at Terrace a while back, think I played behind you, just never got in a spot close enough to say anything.
    Hope all is well.

    Game is solid, just some inconsistencies as per usual, driver and chipping need to get better.

    TM Mini 11.5 Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • cj4501cj4501 Members Posts: 543 ✭✭

    @Warrick said:

    @cj4501 said:

    @Warrick said:
    Just finally got it set up right, playing this morning

    How'd it play Mike? I have mine 9* 43.5 atmos black 6s and it's pretty nice. Way more forgiving than my fly z+ I had. How's the golf game this year so far?

    Hey Chris.

    Did you play at Terrace a while back, think I played behind you, just never got in a spot close enough to say anything.
    Hope all is well.

    Game is solid, just some inconsistencies as per usual, driver and chipping need to get better.

    Yea that was my first round of the year, front was atrocious lol. 46 on the back which is pretty good for me. Same here, driver is coming around now though and short game still sucks. Working hard on it though

  • CjetblackCjetblack Members Posts: 102 ✭✭

    @ORT said:
    For those of you who sold your F9, what is the going rate for one of these drivers? I tried looking in the sale archives but most ads just say "sold" where the price was.

    I would say anywhere between $300-$350 depending on the condition and the shaft included. I sold mine for $315, but it had been trimmed .25" and had the Fujikura Atmos Blue in it.

  • ORTORT Members Posts: 141 ✭✭

    Ok, that sounds about what I was thinking it would go for. I'm going to have to unload mine, after trying the Epic Flash SZ the F9 lost its spot in my bag.

  • rjr25rjr25 Members Posts: 254 ✭✭

    @balls_deep said:
    What weight setup are most using? Head is feeling a bit light and I’m getting quick from the top leading to some bigger fades than I’d like. May take the accros grip off. I currently have 14g front 2g back.

    I have the stock weights in mine (14 and 2) but I added about 6/7 grams of lead tape, mostly in the front area to get this to match the SW I was playing in my LTD (I like a heavier head). So far so good for me. Dispersion seems to be much improved over my LTD so far, but haven't gathered much on distance given the very wet conditions here in the northeast. Overall I'd say a little longer

    My 2019 Experiment
    Cobra F9 - 9 degree - Atmos Black TS 6S
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5
    Cobra F8 Hybrid 19
    Cobra King Utility Black OL 21
    Cobra F7 OL 5&6
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 7-GW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54SS & 58ES
    TaylorMade TP Black Copper Ardmore 3 - 34
  • CT10CT10 Members Posts: 234 ✭✭

    Never even considered this driver, been using an epic Flash and flash sub zero, trialling to see which one goes in the bag.
    Played yesterday and couldnt get either Epic out for the day, the pro said take the F9 see what thats like, oh my that driver is amazing.
    9 degree with Helium stiff shaft and it was fantastic, so solid compared to either Epic and the TS2 I had before, straight as a arrow and good distance.
    Best driver I would say since original M2 and I have never been able to replace that driver!! Went back into the shop and bought one after the round I was that impressed!!

  • KmacKmac Members Posts: 686 ✭✭

    @TheShaun said:
    What shaft are people going for in the F9 driver? Atmos Blue/Black or HZRDUS Black/Yellow?

    I went HZRDUS red in mine. Might grab something else to try tho

  • ian-500ian-500 Members Posts: 698 ✭✭

    @TheShaun said:
    What shaft are people going for in the F9 driver? Atmos Blue/Black or HZRDUS Black/Yellow?

    Tour AD IZ 7x at 44 1/4".

    Cobra F9 7.5* + Fuji Speeder Pro XLR8 63tx.
    Taylormade R15 12* + Diamana R80x.
    Adams XTD 19* + Matrix White Tie x.
    Adams Pro 23 Tour Issue + Tour AD UT95x
    Adams DHY Pro 27 + Irod 105x.
    Adams XTD Forged Tour Issue 6i - GW + Recoil Prototype 125F5.
    Adams XTD Forged SW/LW + KBS Hi-Rev x.
    SeeMore SB1, Accra FX300, Garsen.
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,004 ClubWRX
    edited May 14, 2019 1:51pm #2596

    Pulled the trigger on this one today... returned my ST190G (loved it, just not a perfect fit) and hit a couple F9 combos. I'm typically in the 100-105 mph range. Both the Atmos blue 6s TS and the HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 seemed to spin up quite a bit for me so I tried the Smoke 6.5 and with the weight forward I was seeing 1800-2200 RPMs... I had my 4 year old with me so I couldn't get too in depth but I took that combo with the intention of moving the weight to the back. Driver feels great, and sounds great.... hoping I can get this thing to be a bit more accurate then the 190G was for me.

    Post edited by Nixhex524 on
    Taylormade M2 2017 9.5* Tensei Blue 
    Mizuno ST180 15* Tensei blue
    Titleist 816 H1 19*  Fujikura Motore 8.8 TS
    Srixon Z745 4-P PX 5.5 flighted
    Titleist SM5 50/56
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • balls_deepballs_deep Members Posts: 551 ✭✭

    I'm getting a nice ball flight with this driver and certainly a good 10+ yards of carry over my old D2 but I do find it rather hard to draw compared to some others I've tried. Looked on the website and it says the 9 degree head is neutral to fade bias. Is the 10.5 degree actually more draw bias in comparison as per the site? Seems strange. I imagine the 10.5 spins like a top because I've dropped to this 9 from my 10.5 D2 and I'm getting a nice high ball flight still and it certainly doesn't seem low spin...

    Cobra F9 Speedback 9° Tour Spec Atmos Black 6x
    Titleist 917F2 15.75° Aldila Rogue Black 70s
    Titleist 816H1 20° & 23° Accra FX200H M4
    Titleist 716 T-MB 4-5 (.5 long 2 flat) Modus 120x
    Titleist 716 CB 6-PW (.5 long 2 flat) Modus 120x
    Vokey SM7 50F 54S 58D S200
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 350g 34.5"
    Pro V1x

    Currently - 8.7
  • jabwind51jabwind51 Members Posts: 142 ✭✭

    @ian-500 said:

    @TheShaun said:
    What shaft are people going for in the F9 driver? Atmos Blue/Black or HZRDUS Black/Yellow?

    Tour AD IZ 7x at 44 1/4".

    I’m trying two at the the moment:

    Atmos Black TS 7X tipped 1” at 44 1/4”
    Fujikura Pro 2.0 6X tipped 0.5” at 44 3/8”

    We’ll see which wins a spot in the bag and I’ll BST or eBay the other

  • ian-500ian-500 Members Posts: 698 ✭✭

    @jabwind51 said:

    @ian-500 said:

    @TheShaun said:
    What shaft are people going for in the F9 driver? Atmos Blue/Black or HZRDUS Black/Yellow?

    Tour AD IZ 7x at 44 1/4".

    I’m trying two at the the moment:

    Atmos Black TS 7X tipped 1” at 44 1/4”
    Fujikura Pro 2.0 6X tipped 0.5” at 44 3/8”

    We’ll see which wins a spot in the bag and I’ll BST or eBay the other

    Hahaha yes I have a Fuji Speeder Pro xlr8/Attas5/Kiyoshi HB/Tour AD IZ all fighting for the bag spot!

    Cobra F9 7.5* + Fuji Speeder Pro XLR8 63tx.
    Taylormade R15 12* + Diamana R80x.
    Adams XTD 19* + Matrix White Tie x.
    Adams Pro 23 Tour Issue + Tour AD UT95x
    Adams DHY Pro 27 + Irod 105x.
    Adams XTD Forged Tour Issue 6i - GW + Recoil Prototype 125F5.
    Adams XTD Forged SW/LW + KBS Hi-Rev x.
    SeeMore SB1, Accra FX300, Garsen.
  • MobMob Just Another Lefty Members Posts: 3,466 ✭✭

    @Nixhex524 said:
    Pulled the trigger on this one today... returned my ST190G (loved it, just not a perfect fit) and hit a couple F9 combos. I'm typically in the 100-105 mph range. Both the Atmos blue 6s TS and the HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 seemed to spin up quite a bit for me so I tried the Smoke 6.5 and with the weight forward I was seeing 1800-2200 RPMs... I had my 4 year old with me so I couldn't get too in depth but I took that combo with the intention of moving the weight to the back. Driver feels great, and sounds great.... hoping I can get this thing to be a bit more accurate then the 190G was for me.

    You and I have a similar swing speed. If my spin drops below 2200 rpm, then my balls start to fall out of the sky and my accuracy goes down. Maybe consider putting the weight back and getting your spin in the 2200-2500 rpm range, and you may see more consistent results. Just a thought.

    Epic Flash Subzero with Synergy Black Proto 60TX shaft vs. Cobra F9 Tour length with Synergy Black Proto 65TX
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 degree with GD Tour AD IZ 75 stiff
    Callaway Rogue 2 and 4 hybrid with GD Tour AD IZ 85 stiff hybrid shaft
    TM P790 5-A with Fujikura Pro 95i shaft stiff tour spec
    Callaway Forged 56 degree wedge and PM19 62 degree wedge
    TM Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe
  • Lord HelmetLord Helmet Members Posts: 8,681 ✭✭

    Added lead tape to the front area of mine. Brought SW to d4. Put Chrome shaft in from LTD. Much better results.

    Cobra F9 - Atmos TS Black 6x
    Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
    718 TMB 19* - DG AMT White s300
    Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
    SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,433 ✭✭

    @balls_deep said:
    I'm getting a nice ball flight with this driver and certainly a good 10+ yards of carry over my old D2 but I do find it rather hard to draw compared to some others I've tried. Looked on the website and it says the 9 degree head is neutral to fade bias. Is the 10.5 degree actually more draw bias in comparison as per the site? Seems strange. I imagine the 10.5 spins like a top because I've dropped to this 9 from my 10.5 D2 and I'm getting a nice high ball flight still and it certainly doesn't seem low spin...

    The 9* has a flatter lie angle hence less draw bias.

  • balls_deepballs_deep Members Posts: 551 ✭✭

    @Krt22 said:

    @balls_deep said:
    I'm getting a nice ball flight with this driver and certainly a good 10+ yards of carry over my old D2 but I do find it rather hard to draw compared to some others I've tried. Looked on the website and it says the 9 degree head is neutral to fade bias. Is the 10.5 degree actually more draw bias in comparison as per the site? Seems strange. I imagine the 10.5 spins like a top because I've dropped to this 9 from my 10.5 D2 and I'm getting a nice high ball flight still and it certainly doesn't seem low spin...

    The 9* has a flatter lie angle hence less draw bias.

    Good to know. So the draw setting just makes it slightly more upright and I would guess on par with the 10.5 head (in non draw) for lie. Really like the driver so far just need to get everything dialled in. Love the sound feel and flight so much.

    Cobra F9 Speedback 9° Tour Spec Atmos Black 6x
    Titleist 917F2 15.75° Aldila Rogue Black 70s
    Titleist 816H1 20° & 23° Accra FX200H M4
    Titleist 716 T-MB 4-5 (.5 long 2 flat) Modus 120x
    Titleist 716 CB 6-PW (.5 long 2 flat) Modus 120x
    Vokey SM7 50F 54S 58D S200
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 350g 34.5"
    Pro V1x

    Currently - 8.7
  • mulliganman30mulliganman30 Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭

    Anyone know where to see official driver sales for 2019? I'm only asking because I got an email from Discount Dan's saying the F9 is the top selling driver of 2019 but I haven't seen any sales figures anywhere...

  • balls_deepballs_deep Members Posts: 551 ✭✭

    @mulliganman30 said:
    Anyone know where to see official driver sales for 2019? I'm only asking because I got an email from Discount Dan's saying the F9 is the top selling driver of 2019 but I haven't seen any sales figures anywhere...

    Based strictly off price it makes sense.. very good value in comparison to others.

    Cobra F9 Speedback 9° Tour Spec Atmos Black 6x
    Titleist 917F2 15.75° Aldila Rogue Black 70s
    Titleist 816H1 20° & 23° Accra FX200H M4
    Titleist 716 T-MB 4-5 (.5 long 2 flat) Modus 120x
    Titleist 716 CB 6-PW (.5 long 2 flat) Modus 120x
    Vokey SM7 50F 54S 58D S200
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 350g 34.5"
    Pro V1x

    Currently - 8.7
  • VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,087 ✭✭

    @mulliganman30 said:
    Anyone know where to see official driver sales for 2019? I'm only asking because I got an email from Discount Dan's saying the F9 is the top selling driver of 2019 but I haven't seen any sales figures anywhere...

    I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that type of information actually released, but then again I’ve never looked for it either. Not seeing the email it’s hard to know if it’s the best selling across the industry, or just for DD. Would be interesting to see those numbers as they seem to have a hit in the f9.

    Additionally that figure could be skewed as Cobra technically has just one model (F9 vs the standard/+ model of years past) to funnel sales into where the competition give more options that might create higher sales numbers total, but less for each specific model, ie m5/m6, ts2/ts3, rogue/rogue Sz, etc.

  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,004 ClubWRX

    @Mob said:

    @Nixhex524 said:
    Pulled the trigger on this one today... returned my ST190G (loved it, just not a perfect fit) and hit a couple F9 combos. I'm typically in the 100-105 mph range. Both the Atmos blue 6s TS and the HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 seemed to spin up quite a bit for me so I tried the Smoke 6.5 and with the weight forward I was seeing 1800-2200 RPMs... I had my 4 year old with me so I couldn't get too in depth but I took that combo with the intention of moving the weight to the back. Driver feels great, and sounds great.... hoping I can get this thing to be a bit more accurate then the 190G was for me.

    You and I have a similar swing speed. If my spin drops below 2200 rpm, then my balls start to fall out of the sky and my accuracy goes down. Maybe consider putting the weight back and getting your spin in the 2200-2500 rpm range, and you may see more consistent results. Just a thought.

    Same here... The LM at the store LOVE the sub 2000 rpm shots, I was showing carry of 270 on those, but I realize that may not be realistic. In the real world I can barely get those to stay in the air. I did move the weight back, with the HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 at the range yesterday and it was performing nicely. I could launch it high, or hit mid flight bullets. Seems to be very accurate and I love the feel. It will get a good testing this weekend but I am feeling very good about it.

    What is the consensus on the 3w? Easy to launch from the deck? Accurate?

    Taylormade M2 2017 9.5* Tensei Blue 
    Mizuno ST180 15* Tensei blue
    Titleist 816 H1 19*  Fujikura Motore 8.8 TS
    Srixon Z745 4-P PX 5.5 flighted
    Titleist SM5 50/56
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • KGilmaKGilma Members Posts: 144 ✭✭

    Man, find the right shaft for this head and it is unbelievably accurate and long. Of course, the perfect one for me after trying 15 different shafts, would be a $400 Tensei CK Pro Orange. The results compared to the others just wasn't even remotely close. Longer carry, way less spin, higher smash factor, higher ball speed. The fitter wasn't even going to show it to me, because he didn't think I could swing it. I guess I fit myself, then lol. Have keep an eye out of BST for a used one, now.

    Cobra King F9 9* 
    Cobra King F9 3w 14.5*
    Cobra King F6 Baffler 5w 17.5*
    Cobra King Utility 3/4 21*
    Cobra King F6 irons 5-GW
    Titleist Vokey SM7 56*
    Scotty Newport 2
  • BookerBooker Members Posts: 732 ✭✭

    @KGilma said:
    Man, find the right shaft for this head and it is unbelievably accurate and long. Of course, the perfect one for me after trying 15 different shafts, would be a $400 Tensei CK Pro Orange. The results compared to the others just wasn't even remotely close. Longer carry, way less spin, higher smash factor, higher ball speed. The fitter wasn't even going to show it to me, because he didn't think I could swing it. I guess I fit myself, then lol. Have keep an eye out of BST for a used one, now.

    The orange is an amazing shaft, unlike anything I've hit. You can find them for 250ish on the BST.

  • KGilmaKGilma Members Posts: 144 ✭✭

    @Booker said:

    @KGilma said:
    Man, find the right shaft for this head and it is unbelievably accurate and long. Of course, the perfect one for me after trying 15 different shafts, would be a $400 Tensei CK Pro Orange. The results compared to the others just wasn't even remotely close. Longer carry, way less spin, higher smash factor, higher ball speed. The fitter wasn't even going to show it to me, because he didn't think I could swing it. I guess I fit myself, then lol. Have keep an eye out of BST for a used one, now.

    The orange is an amazing shaft, unlike anything I've hit. You can find them for 250ish on the BST.

    It really was exponentially better than any other shaft I tried. I'm going to have find one on sale soon.

    Cobra King F9 9* 
    Cobra King F9 3w 14.5*
    Cobra King F6 Baffler 5w 17.5*
    Cobra King Utility 3/4 21*
    Cobra King F6 irons 5-GW
    Titleist Vokey SM7 56*
    Scotty Newport 2
  • MobMob Just Another Lefty Members Posts: 3,466 ✭✭

    @KGilma said:

    @Booker said:

    @KGilma said:
    Man, find the right shaft for this head and it is unbelievably accurate and long. Of course, the perfect one for me after trying 15 different shafts, would be a $400 Tensei CK Pro Orange. The results compared to the others just wasn't even remotely close. Longer carry, way less spin, higher smash factor, higher ball speed. The fitter wasn't even going to show it to me, because he didn't think I could swing it. I guess I fit myself, then lol. Have keep an eye out of BST for a used one, now.

    The orange is an amazing shaft, unlike anything I've hit. You can find them for 250ish on the BST.

    It really was exponentially better than any other shaft I tried. I'm going to have find one on sale soon.

    Tensei Pro Orange is a great shaft. There are a bunch of tour guys using them (not that really means anything for us, but interesting how so many of them have migrated to this shaft).

    Epic Flash Subzero with Synergy Black Proto 60TX shaft vs. Cobra F9 Tour length with Synergy Black Proto 65TX
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 degree with GD Tour AD IZ 75 stiff
    Callaway Rogue 2 and 4 hybrid with GD Tour AD IZ 85 stiff hybrid shaft
    TM P790 5-A with Fujikura Pro 95i shaft stiff tour spec
    Callaway Forged 56 degree wedge and PM19 62 degree wedge
    TM Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe
Sign In or Register to comment.