Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

1878889909193»

Comments

• wayne18wayne18  266Members Posts: 266

@jjmurry said:
    For those with the F9 driver with different combinations of the weights (i.e. not the stock 14g and 2g set up), do you feel like you gain both increased accuracy and speed, one or the other or just better overall feeling? I've got the F9 and it's the longest driver I've ever hit but could use a little more accuracy... is going 14g 14g the move?

While 4 grams of extra weight up front doesn’t seem like much, I’ve had better control with the 6g (f) and 14g (b) combo. Flight, distance and feel almost identical just more consistent with the 6-14 setup.

Posted:
    Cobra F9 10.5 EvenFlow Blue 6.0
    Cobra F7 3-4 Hybrid Fujikura Pro75 Stiff
    Cobra Fly Z+ 4-Pw Recoil 110F4
    Mizuno MP-T4 50* Recoil 110F4
    Mizuno MP-T4  54*& 58* DG Spinners
    Odyssey White Ice #2
    Srixon Q-Star Tour
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • rlquataerlquatae  5Members Posts: 5

Same as said above. I’m playing mine now at 7.5 degrees and 10g in front with 14g in the back. For me it got my ball flight down, and much more consistent accuracy. We will see how it translates to the course but early indications on the range are promising.

Posted:
  • jjmurryjjmurry Washington, DC 202Members Posts: 202

Good to hear that adding additional weight will help dispersion. Interested to see if clubhead speed will go up and spin down. Tbd.

Posted:
    Ping G410 LST - Tensei CK Orange 65X
    Titleist TS2 3W - Diamana ZF 75TX
    Titleist U510 - Project X HZRDZ Smoke Black 85g 6.5
    JPX 900 Tour PW-4i - C-Taper 130x
    Vokey SM7 - 52*, 56*, 60* - C-Taper 130x
    Tommy Armour Impact #3
    Snell MTB-X
  • btpd806btpd806  38Members Posts: 38

Cobra F9 tour with Accra TZ6 maybe the best combo ever made... long , baby draw MOABs

Posted:
    Post edited by btpd806 on
  • MalcMalc  240Members Posts: 240

I'm still on standard weights but have a tiny bit of lead tape below the weights. Set up ready for tomorrow with lowest loft setting, 2g front and 14g back. I'll let you know but so far this thing deffo has possibilities.

Posted:
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, Florida 2229Members Posts: 2,229

@jjmurry said:
    For those with the F9 driver with different combinations of the weights (i.e. not the stock 14g and 2g set up), do you feel like you gain both increased accuracy and speed, one or the other or just better overall feeling? I've got the F9 and it's the longest driver I've ever hit but could use a little more accuracy... is going 14g 14g the move?

This is my setup, but I have considered ordering an 18 to give me some flight adjustment options. This is ultimately me just tinkering, because the tour with 2-14’s is the longest and straightest driver I have ever owned.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus w/Tensei Orange
    3 Wood: Currently taking applications
    5 Wood: Currently taking applications
    Hybrid: Callaway Epic 4 Hybrid w/Recoil F4
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and 58
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Bridgestone BX

Advertisement

@GolfChannel said:

@jjmurry said:

This is my setup, but I have considered ordering an 18 to give me some flight adjustment options. This is ultimately me just tinkering, because the tour with 2-14’s is the longest and straightest driver I have ever owned.

Awesome to hear. Mine is cut down to the "tour length" as well and just need some dispersion help at this point. Fingers crossed!

Posted:
    Tommy Armour Impact #3
    Snell MTB-X
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, Florida 2229Members Posts: 2,229

@jjmurry said:

@GolfChannel said:

@jjmurry said:

Awesome to hear. Mine is cut down to the "tour length" as well and just need some dispersion help at this point. Fingers crossed!

I rock a Atmos 7x shaft in tour length.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus w/Tensei Orange
    3 Wood: Currently taking applications
    5 Wood: Currently taking applications
    Hybrid: Callaway Epic 4 Hybrid w/Recoil F4
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and 58
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Bridgestone BX

Thanks everyone for the feedback! 14g weight has been purchased.

Posted:
    Tommy Armour Impact #3
    Snell MTB-X
  • steveoly32steveoly32 Omaha 81ClubWRX Posts: 81

It has been some time since I first toyed with the F9 and I believe I have found the right set up. It only took three different F9s and a lot of patience and tinkering! I really had to work through the different weight combinations along with the right shaft. For example, the stock offering with the 14g and 2g weights didn't work for me at all. My SS was up but the ball went nowhere. It was simply too light regardless of which shaft I tried. Over the past few months I have tried all of the different weights and front/rear combinations and finally found my personal winner. Tour-length AD IZ 6X with 14g weight in the back and 10g weight up front with an additional 4g tape up front, so essentially 14g and 14g. It launches high and spin stays right near 2000 rpm. Also, with regard to the shorter shaft, I think I am actually hitting it longer than with a standard length shaft simply by virtue of hitting the ball more squarely. Long story short, try some of the heavier weight combinations or tinker with lead tape. Don't give up on the F9. It's so good once dialed in.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash Driver 8 GD Tour AD DI 6S
    Callaway Epic Flash 5W 17 GD Tour AD DI 7S
    Ping G410 Hybrid 19 PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW PX LZ 5.5
    Ping Glide 3.0 SS 56/12 Nippon ZZ115
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM 60/12 KBS Hi Rev 2.0
    Byron Morgan DH89
    Taylormade TP5x / Bridgestone Tour B X
  • Buckets2Buckets2  2528Members Posts: 2,528

Anyone lookin for one?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • ewe8523ewe8523  357Members Posts: 357

Just picked up an F9 driver for $200 from Global Golf. Came in the mail today. Looking forward to trying it out.

Posted:
  • wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat Sunflower  1029Members Posts: 1,029

@Buckets2 said:
    Anyone lookin for one?

Possibly.

Posted:

-- Two things don't last long. Dogs chasing cars and golf pro's putting for pars. --

• MalcMalc  240Members Posts: 240

Still trying to get hold of some weights to dabble with. At the moment i'm still undecided between the heavy weight back and the lowest loft, versus forward weight with more loft. Serious club either way.

Posted:
  • ProjectXProjectX I can a hit lob wedge 150...but only from a greenside bunker  1283Members Posts: 1,283

Rather than ordering weights I just sent mine out to Will Peoples and had him hot melt to D6 like I do with all of my drivers and fairways. Thing is nasty long and super forgiving. I thought I flat out lost one off the heel on 18 this weekend and ended up 295 on the left hand side of the fairway. I expect to lose 20+ yards on those shots normally but this face is hot from virtually anywhere. Love it. Going to take something special in 2020 to kick it out of the bag.

Posted:
    Cobra F9 Speedback Driver 8* Diamana D+ LTD 70 TX
    Cobra F9 Tour Fairway 12.5* Diamana D+ LTD 80 TX
    Cobra F9 Tour Fairway 16.5* Diamana D+ LTD 90 TX
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3-5 KBS Tour C Taper X
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 6-9 KBS Tour C-Taper X
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 46F, 48F, 50F, 54F & 60D KBS Tour C-Taper X
    SeeMore Nashville z3c Black Mallet
    Titleist Pro V1x...but testing every urethane ball on the market
  • Man_O_WarMan_O_War  3104Members Posts: 3,104

what a driver. at 9.5 I am a combination of long and accurate. I can launch it so high with such little spin. Yes been working on my swing but this beast rewards well,
    I will take it to 8.5* when i need even more distance lol. greedy. missing me LTD pro and LTD less and less.

Posted:
    Cobra F9 Camo/LTD PRO/LTD BLACK  Matrix F6M2/Project X LZ 6.0 71g HC/ 
    Cobra LTD 3/4 Kai'li 80
    Cobra LTD 4/5 Kai'li 80
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Srixon Z-Forged 120x 4-pw
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
    TM Spider DJ Sightline Black Tour Spider 

Advertisement
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic  3254Members Posts: 3,254

Whilst the F9 has been ok for me, the F9 Rickie 4 iron has been a revelation. Distance of a 2 iron with the height of a 4 iron. A lot more versatile than a traditional driving iron for me.

Posted:
    TC Callaway Epic SZ 440 11.4° w/ Diamana BF 60TX
    Cobra F6 Baffler 16° w/ AD DI Black 7X
    Cobra F9 4 Iron w/ AD IZ 95X
    Titleist 680 3-PW w/ DGX100
    Cleveland RTX4 Tour Raw 53°/58° DG S400 Tour Issue
    Toulon Las Vegas H7 SL
  • Lacey UnderallLacey Underall  1201Members Posts: 1,201

Its pretty funny to go through this thread. Guys from June-July '19 that were foaming at the mouth about the F9. Now 4 months later according to their signature they are hitting something else. Lol

Posted:
    2019 WITB
    Driver: Callaway Rogue Sub-Zero 10.5* - Aldila Rogue Max 75x
    3 Wood: Callaway Epic 15* - Aldila Rogue Max 85x
    2-PW: Callaway X-Prototype MBs - Project X 6.5 flighted
    52* Wedge: Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind
    58* Wedge: Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind
    Putter: Odyssey Sabertooth Versa
  • JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar  1874Members Posts: 1,874

Still gaming the F9. It's been a revelation this season in terms of long, straight bombs that just cancel out the advantage the longer hitters had over me. Sneaky long with this. New irons and wedges at the end of the year so I will continue with this in the bag. Such a well balanced club.

Posted:
  • MobMob Just Another Lefty Indianapolis 3496Members Posts: 3,496

I am still using the F9. Probably one of the most consistent drivers (also maybe finding the right shaft for my swing) I have hit in a long time. I will always try a new driver or two when they come out, but I plan to use this next season as well, until something else better comes along. This was probably my most CONSISTENT driving season ever. The only way I replace this driver is if I find something that is as accurate as this one is, plus 10 more yards of distance.

Posted:
    Cobra F9 Tour length with Tensei Pro Orange 60S shaft
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 degree with GD Tour AD IZ 75 stiff
    Callaway Rogue 2 and 4 hybrid with GD Tour AD IZ 85 stiff hybrid shaft
    TM P790 5-P with Fujikura Pro 95i shaft stiff tour spec
    Ping Glide 2.0 Raw 50 and 54 degree wedge (Currently testing Jaws MD5 56S wedge)
    PM19 62 degree wedge
    TM Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr Allez Allez Allez Minnesota, USA 6764Members Posts: 6,764

@Lacey Underall said:
    Its pretty funny to go through this thread. Guys from June-July '19 that were foaming at the mouth about the F9. Now 4 months later according to their signature they are hitting something else. Lol

It's the GolfWRX way. A ho's gotta ho

Posted:
    The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver: TM R11s, SK Fiber Tour Trac 100 X, 43.25"
    3w:  Cobra King LTD, Tour Blue 85 S
    3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, DGS400
    3-PW:  Mizuno MP-37, DGS300
    GW:  Dynacraft forged 52*, DGS400
    SW:  Wilson Staff PMP 58*
    Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35"
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane/Professional, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar, Snell MTB Black... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time

I've proven once again that anything over 44.5" or even 44.25" is a horrible fit for my tee game

Advertisement
  • Bad9Bad9  4457Members Posts: 4,457

@NRJyzr said:

@Lacey Underall said:

It's the GolfWRX way. A ho's gotta ho

The clubs in my signature are pretty much the same clubs I ended the year with but aren't the SAME clubs I ended the year with. Played last tournament Sept. 30th, traded my iE1's in for G400's and played them for two weeks. Didn't like them, sold them and bought another set of iE1's. Guy who bought the iE1's came back and bought my Glide ES58 so I then bought a Glide 2.0 ES58. Stupid thing is I cam out about $200 ahead when it was all said and done.

Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex
    Ping G400 7w/Alta CB r flex
    Ping G400 4h/Alta CB r flex
    Ping G400 5h/Alta CB r flex
    Ping IE1 6-U/CFS70 r flex
    Ping Glide 2.0 ES 58°/CFS70 r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights