2018 XXIO Forged Irons, Any opinions to share?

I am interested in purchasing a set of 2018 XXIO forged irons with NS PRO Modus 3 105 R shafts. Does anyone have any opinions to share? Much appreciate it.

Cheers,

Joe
Tagged:

Comments

• aknowaknow Members Posts: 96
    They are attractive, yet clunky. They are easy to hit, long, high launchers, and feel exquisite when you get near the sweet spot. I think there are some more attractive JDM irons, but I love these. Good luck.
  • Jlai1067Jlai1067 Members Posts: 3
    aknow wrote:

They are attractive, yet clunky. They are easy to hit, long, high launchers, and feel exquisite when you get near the sweet spot. I think there are some more attractive JDM irons, but I love these. Good luck.

I live in Asia where it is easier to get Japanese specs rather than US specs in the market. I currentlly play a set of Yamaha forged iron with RMX95 S. I think it is a bit tough to handle for a weekend golfer like me, that was why I thought of going down to a R flex. Are there any other good suggestions on which irons you think I should also consider? Any comments are highly appreciated. Thanks.

Joe
  • No_Catchy_NicknameNo_Catchy_Nickname Kyushu,_JapanMembers Posts: 5,185 ✭✭
    At my local driving range, Xxio irons are by far the most popular, especially among older players. I don't know enough about the differences between different models, but I can tell you that lots of golfers here love them.
    Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
    4w: TaylorMade R9 stock Fujikura Motore X flex
    7w TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
    Hybrid: RomaRo iBrid 23* Attas EZ 85S
    Irons (4i-PW): Wilson fg-62 S300 4/5-PW or MP4 Yoro Modus 125X 5-PW
    Wedges: Callaway MD2 T-grind combination of 52*, 56*, 58*, 60*
    Putter: Mac Jack Nicklaus Muirfield

Old stuff: Tons of persimmon and older irons. 
  • Jlai1067Jlai1067 Members Posts: 3

At my local driving range, Xxio irons are by far the most popular, especially among older players. I don't know enough about the differences between different models, but I can tell you that lots of golfers here love them.

Much appreciate the comment. I will try a few more test runs at my local driving range before I make my final decision.