Softest, most forgiving players cavity iron?

1234568»

Comments

• Seeking70sSeeking70s Getting Shorter Every Year Members Posts: 79 ✭✭
    LaymanM wrote:

Seeking70s wrote:

LaymanM wrote:

Z785 end thread. Nothing else close
    Hit a PXG on a Warm Day? NOW end of Thread.

PXG feel like s*** smh
    Requires the ability to hit within a couple of inches of the sweet spot.
  • LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers Posts: 2,116 ✭✭
    edited Dec 5, 2018 #213
    Seeking70s wrote:

LaymanM wrote:

Seeking70s wrote:

LaymanM wrote:

Hit a PXG on a Warm Day? NOW end of Thread.

PXG feel like s*** smh
    Requires the ability to hit within a couple of inches of the sweet spot.

You are drinking the cool aid if you think they feel as good as a quality forging from Srixon, Endo or Mizuno. I could come up with atleast 20 clubs that feel better.
    PING G410 9* PX Evenflow Black 75 6.0
    PING G410 LST 3w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 5w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 4-PW AWT 2 0 stiff
    PING Stealth Glide 2.0 50ss/54ss/58ss
    PING Sigam G Tyne
  • Green ValleyGreen Valley Members Posts: 770 ✭✭
    LaymanM wrote:

can a 8 handicap plays these irons or would you recommend the z585?
  • Green ValleyGreen Valley Members Posts: 770 ✭✭
    dpb5031 wrote:

Softest feel + Max forgiveness + "player's profile" + Tour proven = Ping i210

Nothing beats the feel of a true MB blade. Once you scoop the mass out from behind the sweetspot to create the cavity you lose the pure/soft feel of a true MB iron regardless of whether it's cast or forged. That's why even Mizuno uses multi-material badges behind the sweetspot in their cavity back offerings...to improve feel/sound and to dampen vibration.

Ping has mastered this with the i210 and the latest elastomer in the custom tuning port.

are the i210 worth the upgrade coming from the Ie1 irons?
  • LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers Posts: 2,116 ✭✭

LaymanM wrote:

can a 8 handicap plays these irons or would you recommend the z585?

Z785, you'll love them if you have some speed and quality contact. As an 8, you'd be fine imo.
    PING G410 9* PX Evenflow Black 75 6.0
    PING G410 LST 3w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 5w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 4-PW AWT 2 0 stiff
    PING Stealth Glide 2.0 50ss/54ss/58ss
    PING Sigam G Tyne
  • emncaityemncaity Members Posts: 182
    edited Dec 6, 2018 #217
    mukster wrote:

So, from this thread (so far) these are the softest, most forgiving players cavity iron. Who would have thought there were so many?

Ping Anser irons

Vega vdc-01

p760

jpx 919 tour

Z565

Ping i210

J40 DPC

J15CB

Srixon 7 series

J40 CB

Maltby TE forged

JPX 919 Forged

Stenson Legacy Black's

Fourteen TC-910's

MP-60's

Hogan PTx

p770

Wilson V6 Tour

anything PXG

maxfli revolution black dots

2013 Callaway X-Forged

You can also include the Cobra forged CB (the player's iron, I mean; and, I think, also the SS) from the mid-2000s. I've never hit a better-feeling iron. Titleist 735s have a great sound and feel too, although I don't know how forgiving you could say they are. Wilson FG Tour V4s got at least as much good press as the V6s. And the new Wilson forged prototype has huge potential.

Also, MP-30s are dirt-cheap now, and about as good as anything you can find. Not super-long, but excellent.
  • n_ronesn_rones Members Posts: 504 ✭✭
    Talking new clubs probably the Srixon Z785s i play the older 745s and there is nothing i've ever hit like them.
    Srixon Z785 9.5° HC HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 76
    Srixon F85 15° GD Tour AD DI-6s
    Srixon Z H85 19° Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 85
    Srixon Z565 4 KBS Tour FLT S
    Srixon Z745 5-PW KBS Tour R+
    Titleist Vokey SM4 50°
    Titleist Vokey SM4 54°
    Taylormade HI-Toe 58°
    Scotty Cameron California Monterey 1.5 Stability Shaft
  • moorebaseballmoorebaseball Members Posts: 248 ✭✭
    emncaity wrote:

mukster wrote:

So, from this thread (so far) these are the softest, most forgiving players cavity iron. Who would have thought there were so many?

Ping Anser irons

Vega vdc-01

p760

jpx 919 tour

Z565

Ping i210

J40 DPC

J15CB

Srixon 7 series

J40 CB

Maltby TE forged

JPX 919 Forged

Stenson Legacy Black's

Fourteen TC-910's

MP-60's

Hogan PTx

p770

Wilson V6 Tour

anything PXG

maxfli revolution black dots

2013 Callaway X-Forged

You can also include the Cobra forged CB (the player's iron, I mean; and, I think, also the SS) from the mid-2000s. I've never hit a better-feeling iron. Titleist 735s have a great sound and feel too, although I don't know how forgiving you could say they are. Wilson FG Tour V4s got at least as much good press as the V6s. And the new Wilson forged prototype has huge potential.

Also, MP-30s are dirt-cheap now, and about as good as anything you can find. Not super-long, but excellent.

I am excited to hit the new Cobra CBs. So far my top 3 are #1: Epon Tour / #2: Srixon 785 and Mizuno MP 18 SC. The last two are neck and neck. I am hoping the Cobras feel as good.
  • yellolabyellolab Members Posts: 461 ✭✭
    Did not think I would ever own PXG, but just placed an order with DD for 5-PW wi Nipo Modus 120's. Gen 1 0311T's. Same price as P760 etc.
    Yankees Suck

I am excited to hit the new Cobra CBs. So far my top 3 are #1: Epon Tour / #2: Srixon 785 and Mizuno MP 18 SC. The last two are neck and neck. I am hoping the Cobras feel as good.

I really can't vouch for the newer Cobras. In fact, I didn't like subsequent models as much, although maybe it was more the look. We're talking about nuances of feel and a few feet one way the other on slight mishits. The newer Cobras I've hit were fine clubs, I just didn't get quite the wow factor from them that I did from the '05-'06s. But I haven't hit any for a couple of years.

Aside from that, three things about the long list:

1. It was really helpful for it to be compiled, after all the back-and-forth.

2. It's more than a little interesting that there's a fairly strong consensus about a very few models from Srixon, Mizuno, etc.

3. There are some really intriguing rarer and more exotic models that I'd now make an effort to find and hit.

Good luck with your testing...
  • jonn443jonn443 Jonnystx Members Posts: 4,587 ✭✭
    n_rones wrote:

Talking new clubs probably the Srixon Z785s i play the older 745s and there is nothing i've ever hit like them.

745s were the best model they've released to this day.
    AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
    AB TP 3HL / 757
    XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
    DWS 24*/ VS Proto
    J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
    X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
    Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0
    yellolab wrote:

Did not think I would ever own PXG, but just placed an order with DD for 5-PW wi Nipo Modus 120's. Gen 1 0311T's. Same price as P760 etc.

(Hitting "like" for the photo, sitting here with my Sox cap on...)

jonn443 wrote:

n_rones wrote:

745s were the best model they've released to this day.

I keep hearing similar things, although lots of people like the newer ones too.
  • StrimmedStrimmed Members Posts: 30
    Strimmed wrote:

I don't know about the softest forged players cavity back, but I can say with absolute certainty that I have yet to hit a cast players club softer than my Fourteen PC555's. My buddy has a set of Miura PP straight necks and he said that mine literally felt no different than his, which I believe are an Endo Forging. Just beware, The stock length and loft of them are rather ridiculous lol.. but softer than soft. And yet, cast.
1234568»