Wilson Duo Professional. new for 2019

13»

Comments

• Break81Break81 Broke80 Members Posts: 2,022 ✭✭
    Played the new Professional in matte yellow for about 9 holes. Was not a bad ball but didn't feel like it was outstanding in any area either. Felt great off the irons, but maybe softer than I like off the Driver and putter. Green were super hard and not holding much but these seems to do ok with a wedge from a tight lie.

Visibility was good, but not eye popping like the Superbold, at least not in yellow. Might pick up a sleeve in Orange to try that but overall it's not what I was hoping for so far.
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • swine7777swine7777 Members Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited Dec 24, 2018 #63
    Liked the project (a) better.
  • swine7777swine7777 Members Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Break81 wrote:

Played the new Professional in matte yellow for about 9 holes. Was not a bad ball but didn't feel like it was outstanding in any area either. Felt great off the irons, but maybe softer than I like off the Driver and putter. Green were super hard and not holding much but these seems to do ok with a wedge from a tight lie.

Visibility was good, but not eye popping like the Superbold, at least not in yellow. Might pick up a sleeve in Orange to try that but overall it's not what I was hoping for so far.
    I Agree /+1
  • kjruleskjrules Members Posts: 122 ✭✭
    Played two rounds with the Wilson professional white color.

Cover- it is grippy and held up very well, hit a tree and it was fine but after second round it stated to absorb colora from the greem chem that the course spray on grass.

Feel- Soft feel but not Duo U, which for me almost hated it because it was too soft.

Off driver- good feel with less spin, not the longest but similar to chormw soft in driver distance. but definitely lower flight than other harder balls

Irons- on point, compresses really well and went the distance even on slight miss hits- great feel offf the irons shots

Full Wedges- spin was good but not the spiniest ball/ if you spin the ball too much with wedges this would be a good ball- hit hop stop.

Short chips- check, stop release about yard more than pro v or z star

Putter- using scotty cam newport 2 and felt soft much softer than pro v brodgestone or srixon z start.

Conclusion- it is a ball that does the job really well but not exceptional in any criteria that you expect from tour ball, it kind of feel like an older brother of chorm soft as it does everything that chrome soft does but in a more predictable way. But feel itself is addicting and if you like chrome soft, I think this is much better option, especially for its price beinf $35 per dozen.

Wilson is making right steps in all departments especially this ball will be ideal ball for those who seek soft tour level ball with less price tag, if this ball was below $29.99- I think I would no 1 soft feeling urathane ball in the market.

• deepreddeepred Members Posts: 221 ✭✭
    Interesting your experience was a lower flight I think others commented it flew higher.
    Wilson Staff M3 4-GW
    Cleveland Classic XL Driver
    Wilson Fybrid 15*
    KE4 5 wood
    Maltby SW54, black
    Snake Eyes SW
    Ram Watson Troon Grind 58
    Ram Zebra deep face, black
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,257 ✭✭
    so matte cover is not urethane.?
  • trackcoach13trackcoach13 Members Posts: 955 ✭✭
    larciel wrote:

so matte cover is not urethane.?

It is urethane just not polished smooth.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Cobra F9 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Wilson FG Tour v6 4-GW DG S300 AMT
    Wedge: 56/11 Wilson FG Tour PMP Raw Tour Grind[/font]

Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: [/font]Odyssey O-WORKS Red Marxman
    Tried white yesterday. It does not have same stickiness that duo u does. And it flies ok. Does feel actually harder for me. Not an upgrade at all considering Duo U still costs about $13/dozen on Ebay.

Gonna try orange today but I suspect it will be another volvik like ball.
  • trackcoach13trackcoach13 Members Posts: 955 ✭✭
    larciel wrote:

Tried white yesterday. It does not have same stickiness that duo u does. And it flies ok. Does feel actually harder for me. Not an upgrade at all considering Duo U still costs about $13/dozen on Ebay.

????

Orange is same ball as white in a matte finish. It should exactly the same other than maybe picking up some dirt if conditions are soft.

I am glad to hear it is a little firmer as that should mean more spin on short irons and around the green. I thought Duo U needed more short game spin.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Cobra F9 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Wilson FG Tour v6 4-GW DG S300 AMT
    Wedge: 56/11 Wilson FG Tour PMP Raw Tour Grind[/font]

Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: [/font]Odyssey O-WORKS Red Marxman
  • flushemflushem Members Posts: 1,559 ✭✭
    larciel wrote:

I believe $13/dz deal is long gone.
    WWG1 WGA
  • BuzzkillBuzzkill Marshals Posts: 6,760 mod

Finished my round today and went into the pro shop afterwards to browse. I was looking to see if they had the TP5 Pix ball - just wanted to see what it looked like. Anyway, the shop asked if I'd played the Wilson Professional yet and I said I wasn't aware of it. They tossed me one so I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Cleveland, Nike, Taylormade, Titleist, Vessel
    Handicap:  3

I actually liked matte colored version of this ball than white. get some birdies!

• Twin2LTwin2L Members Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited Apr 7, 2019 6:25pm #74

I played the white yesterday, 62* overcast on a semi-soft track. The ball performed well and consistent, if not spectacular. Someone else compared it to the Chrome Soft and I agree. Compression felt comparable to the chrome Soft, QStar Tour and Bridgestone BXS. Trajectory seemed slightly flatter than both. It puts well with consistent “click” and feel. The cover held up well and I couldn’t see much marking after the round. I like it enough to give it another try. At this point I think the QST is a better value and a close second for my game to the BXS.

For comparison sake, for the past 4 years I gamed the B330RX/BRX.

It matters not what others call you. Only what you answer to defines who you are.