We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.
***11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, passwords were reset for some users. Please use the forget password recovery link: https://forums.golfwrx.com/entry/passwordrequest

Please email [email protected] if further help is required. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

I need a new 3 wood! Looking for max carry....

13»

Comments

• swing33swing33  172Members Posts: 172
    Rogue
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • deep18deep18  2028Members Posts: 2,028
    You should buy the Exotics CB2 head I’ve got in the bst, looooooonnnnnngggg all day.
    Posted:
  • WarrickWarrick  10744ClubWRX Posts: 10,744
    I tested multiple today, different shafts, not sure what I am even looking for, other than just messing around. Nothing is touching the rogue SZ and PO.

I hit the target green from 250 off turf on 5 of 6 shots, with 2 inside 15 ft It is not only the longest, but best dispersion,and no less forgiving than the others.

I love the look at address with no adapter, this club is money.
    Posted:
    Epic 9* HZRDUS Smoke
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • compton1977compton1977  439Members Posts: 439

Did a bunch of testing today seems like I get the most carry and ball speed w the Rogue. Shaft was an Oban Izawa which was a nice surprise. But even w other shafts I seem to get the best performance from the Rogue head.

Such an underrated shaft, have one in an SDLR Mini 14 degree and can elevate it off the deck but still has a penetrating flight off the tee.
    Posted:
  • JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar  1874Members Posts: 1,874
    I'm considering switching out the M4 HL for the ST180 to see how it fares. Not sure how the performance stacks up against the M4 though.

Now in the end of season lull I'm tempted to tinker.
    Posted:
  • cb24cb24  1715Members Posts: 1,715

Since I don't know your swing much....and going just by ballspeeds... I've tested just about every new 3wood in the last 3-4 years... and for pure ball speeds......

Cobra LTD

Rogue SZ

M3

...produce the fastest ball speeds. The sleeve of the M3/LTD would allow you to tweak launch conditions.

edit: ballspeeds validated on my GC2/HMT.

I can second the cobra LtD. not only is it a long club but easy to get in the air (for me) and workable but not out of control. Its a great 3w and dirt cheap now
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • elwhippyelwhippy  3299Members Posts: 3,299
    TM HL models keep the ball in the air a long time.
    Posted:
  • HifadeHifade Sleepin' on the job. Slacker! Dayton, OH 5347Charter Members Posts: 5,347
    My 15* Epic SZ was the longest I had ever hit. Of course, the ho I am, I traded it and the standard Epic 3W for both a Rogue SZ AND a standard Rogue. Unfortunately, both went Rogues went noticeably more left for me. I ended up trading them both back. Now I'm gaming a G400 3W, but will look at the G410 3W when they come out. I may even try a Rogue SZ again but we'll see.....I actually love their profile and their set-up at address.
    Posted:
    PING G410 LST 9* - "Tour Issue" ALTA RED "X" 
    PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
    PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
    TAYLORMADE BLACK P790's - SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S (HSx1)
    CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
    ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM
    2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.