Guru Help Request: Ultra Rare Lynx Putter or Nah?!

haakzillahaakzilla HaakzillaMembers Posts: 383 ✭✭
Does anyone have more information on this putter??? No results in site search. No results in Google search. No results in past eBay listings. No nada!

Lynx Black Cat MMCI:

lynx-black-cat-mmci-image1.jpg

lynx-black-cat-mmci-image2.jpg

lynx-black-cat-mmci-image3.jpeg

lynx-black-cat-mmci-image4.jpg

lynx-black-cat-mmci-image5.jpg

lynx-black-cat-mmci-image6.jpg
DRIVER: Ping G400 LST 8.5° Tensei CK Pro Orange 70tx
WOOD: Titleist 910Fd 15° Diamana D+ LTD 80x
UTILITY: Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3i 19° Steelfiber i110
IRONS: Srixon z945 4-PW Steelfiber i110
WEDGES: Edel DVR 50°/54°/58° Steelfiber i125
PUTTER(S): TP Mills Forged Huey / Bettinardi Queen B QB5 / Studio Select Squareback No.2
Sponsored by Central Oregon Golf

Comments

• OpinderOpinder Banned Posts: 422 ✭✭
    Wow. Nice putter.

Scotty Cameron copying this ?? lol

• golfluvzmegolfluvzme Members Posts: 2,720 ✭✭
    I wish it was better news, but rarity is not always associated with value. I have not seen that putter, before, but with the Black Cat engraving on the sole, I am betting that it is not a big money collectible.

Worth whatever it brings, at any given time. If you love it and it rolls the rock well for you.......can you really put a price on it?

LaMont in AZ
  • SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegClubWRX Posts: 9,326 ClubWRX
    That looks like a modified putter. I remember when the Black Cats came out and I don’t remember any putter like that. Never Compromise putters came out after that and they were likely the first to have an insert like that. Then again, the 90’s were a long time ago.
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Ping Forged 52°, ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.5"
    MCC Align Midsize
    Moving to the bench:
    Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
    Vokey SM2 52º cc
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
  • haakzillahaakzilla Haakzilla Members Posts: 383 ✭✭
    Opinder wrote:

Wow. Nice putter.

Scotty Cameron copying this ?? lol

No, this feels better than his recent aluminum insert offerings! LOL

golfluvzme wrote:

I wish it was better news, but rarity is not always associated with value. I have not seen that putter, before, but with the Black Cat engraving on the sole, I am betting that it is not a big money collectible.

Worth whatever it brings, at any given time. If you love it and it rolls the rock well for you.......can you really put a price on it?

LaMont in AZ

Thanks LaMont. Wasn't really expecting it to be worth a fortune just kind of amazed that I can't seem to find anything about this or similar models anywhere. It does put a good roll on it though and definitely doesn't feel like their "cheaper" quality lines.

Socrates wrote:

That looks like a modified putter. I remember when the Black Cats came out and I don’t remember any putter like that. Never Compromise putters came out after that and they were likely the first to have an insert like that. Then again, the 90’s were a long time ago.

99% sure it is not modified. The sole & face stamping are identical matches and not aftermarket looking -- MMCI -- guessing that means something like "Mixed Metal Compound Insert"
    DRIVER: Ping G400 LST 8.5° Tensei CK Pro Orange 70tx
    WOOD: Titleist 910Fd 15° Diamana D+ LTD 80x
    UTILITY: Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3i 19° Steelfiber i110
    IRONS: Srixon z945 4-PW Steelfiber i110
    WEDGES: Edel DVR 50°/54°/58° Steelfiber i125
    PUTTER(S): TP Mills Forged Huey / Bettinardi Queen B QB5 / Studio Select Squareback No.2
    Sponsored by Central Oregon Golf