GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Wilson "Driver vs. Driver 2" Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec stock shaft

2»

Comments

• Fujikura GolfFujikura Golf Sponsors  370WRX Points: 329Posts: 370 Greens
    Some misinformed posts in this thread unfortunately. If you guys ever have questions about our products please don't hesitate to call us or send us a DM, we're more than happy to address any misconceptions about materials, how shafts are made or anything else. We appreciate those who gave us a shout with some love for ATMOS though!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Mookie91Mookie91 Members  1572WRX Points: 118Handicap: 8.1Posts: 1,572 Platinum Tees
    I've hit the ATMOS black 8TX and 7X and both were fantastic shafts. A lot of haterade in this thread but that's the internet for ya.
    Posted:
    TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
    TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
    Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
    Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
    Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
    Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"
  • getitdailygetitdaily Members  3705WRX Points: 665Handicap: +.5Posts: 3,705 Titanium Tees
    <br />
    Some misinformed posts in this thread unfortunately. If you guys ever have questions about our products please don't hesitate to call us or send us a DM, we're more than happy to address any misconceptions about materials, how shafts are made or anything else. We appreciate those who gave us a shout with some love for ATMOS though!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    You mean like the DM I sent like 5 days ago...?
    Posted:
    Mookie91 wrote:
    <br />
    I've hit the ATMOS black 8TX and 7X and both were fantastic shafts. A lot of haterade in this thread but that's the internet for ya.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Thanks for the shout out Mookie! And yeah, it is what it is...<br /><br />
    getitdaily wrote:
    <br />
    You mean like the DM I sent like 5 days ago...?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    My bad on the delay, just replied!
    Posted:
  • Rig14PortRig14Port Members  957WRX Points: 268Handicap: +18Posts: 957 Golden Tee
    <br />
    Some misinformed posts in this thread unfortunately. If you guys ever have questions about our products please don't hesitate to call us or send us a DM, we're more than happy to address any misconceptions about materials, how shafts are made or anything else. We appreciate those who gave us a shout with some love for ATMOS though!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    If you were to be completely honest though; would Fujikura's Director of Sales tell me that this line has been overwhelmingly successful from an aftermarket sales perspective? It feels to me like Fuji wants the public to believe these shafts are as relevant as the Rogue line from a couple years ago or the Tensei Pro line more recently... I'm just not seeing it.<br />
    <br />
    Now, if you'd like to send me a couple shafts to put through extended testing, I'd be more than happy to give them a fair shot and provide an honest review. I'm never to proud to admit when I've been wrong about someone or something.<br />
    <br />
    I do appreciate your participation in these discussions!
    Posted:
    TM SIM 10.5* HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X
    TM SIM 15* HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
    Titleist U500 2 HZRDUS Smoke Black 90X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4, 919 Tour 5-PW DG 120 X100
    Cleveland RTX 4 50*, 54*, 58* DG 120 X100
    TM Spider X Chalk
  • venturagolfer87venturagolfer87 Golfing is harder with a fro. Members  1353WRX Points: 111Handicap: 5.9Posts: 1,353 Platinum Tees
    Rig14Port wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    If you were to be completely honest though; would Fujikura's Director of Sales tell me that this line has been overwhelmingly successful from an aftermarket sales perspective? It feels to me like Fuji wants the public to believe these shafts are as relevant as the Rogue line from a couple years ago or the Tensei Pro line more recently... I'm just not seeing it.<br />
    <br />
    Now, if you'd like to send me a couple shafts to put through extended testing, I'd be more than happy to give them a fair shot and provide an honest review. I'm never to proud to admit when I've been wrong about someone or something.<br />
    <br />
    I do appreciate your participation in these discussions!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    "Your stuff is terrible.....from what I've heard....but send me some free sh*t, and I might change my tune....might."
    Posted:
    WITB 2019
    - F8+ 10.5*, Kuro Kage Silver DC TiNi 60
    -2017 M2 3HL, Rulz Type A 70
    -MP H5 2 iron, PX 6.0
    -F6+ Hybrid, S+ 80
    -Srixon z585 5, z785 6-7, z-Forged 8-PW, PX LZ 5.5
    -50/54/58 Cleveland RTX 4 Mid, PX 6.0
    -Cushman Custom Golf C&C #2
    -Srixon Z-Star XV

Advertisement
    Rig14Port wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Yes they would tell you that, more than you can imagine. ATMOS is our #1 selling product over $200 MSRP and accounts for 31% of all of OUR shafts in play on PGA Tour, more than speeder. Also I see you're pretty devoted to Rogue, that product line is more than a "couple" years old. We've done quite a few promos and giveaways for ATMOS the past 2 seasons, hopefully you signed up on those. We'll keep doing some for some newer products in the coming months, stay tuned.
    Posted:
  • radimanradiman Members  4870WRX Points: 399Handicap: 3.8Posts: 4,870 Titanium Tees
    <br />
    Rig14Port wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Yes they would tell you that, more than you can imagine. ATMOS is our #1 selling product over $200 MSRP and accounts for 31% of all of OUR shafts in play on PGA Tour, more than speeder. Also I see you're pretty devoted to Rogue, that product line is more than a "couple" years old. We've done quite a few promos and giveaways for ATMOS the past 2 seasons, hopefully you signed up on those. We'll keep doing some for some newer products in the coming months, stay tuned.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Are the Atmos and Speeder lines completely different profiles? Would one be considered higher quality construction more than the other?
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* HZRDUS Smoke Green "The Hulk" 60 6.5TX
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* Evenflow Black 75 6.5
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 52, 56, 60
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
    radiman wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    Rig14Port wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Yes they would tell you that, more than you can imagine. ATMOS is our #1 selling product over $200 MSRP and accounts for 31% of all of OUR shafts in play on PGA Tour, more than speeder. Also I see you're pretty devoted to Rogue, that product line is more than a "couple" years old. We've done quite a few promos and giveaways for ATMOS the past 2 seasons, hopefully you signed up on those. We'll keep doing some for some newer products in the coming months, stay tuned.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Are the Atmos and Speeder lines completely different profiles? Would one be considered higher quality construction more than the other?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Yes different profiles. Speeder Evo series has some combinations of materials in their designs which separates the price points by $100.
    Posted:
  • High Plains DriverHigh Plains Driver Chip Yipper Extraordinaire Members  2381WRX Points: 126Posts: 2,381 Platinum Tees
    My benchmark shaft is the 70+ gram Diamana WB/D+ LTD.<br />
    I have a Rogue Silver 70 and it launches higher with more spin. I like it, but it feels a little "looser" than the WB profile.<br />
    I have hit the ATMOS Black 7 and Speeder VC 7.2 TS. Comparing the two, the ATMOS launches a hair higher for me, spin is close enough to be negligible, and feels a little livelier. Both are lower launching and spinning than the WB. I am not high speed player, but I like stout shafts. Calling the ATMOS a "blah" or "meh" shaft is crazy. It is very likely my new benchmark shaft.
    Posted:
    I am not brand loyal. I am just seriously OCD.

[font=georgia,serif]Driver: Titleist 910 D2
    Fairway: Titleist 910F 3 & 5
    Hybrid: Cobra Baffler MM 20° & 23°(The Original)
    Irons: Titleist 712 AP2 5-P
    Wedges: Vokey SM4 52° & 58°
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport
    Ball: Titleist ProV1X[/font]
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10585WRX Points: 3,709Handicap: 8Posts: 10,585 ClubWRX
    I feel this head needs a counterbalanced shaft to really shine. I am not saying the atmos is a bad shaft, because it is not. I just don’t think it matches well with this head. The swing weight is just too heavy.
    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow

Advertisement
  • skralyskraly ClubWRX  1696WRX Points: 197Posts: 1,696 ClubWRX
    QuigleyDU wrote:
    <br />
    I feel this head needs a counterbalanced shaft to really shine. I am not saying the atmos is a bad shaft, because it is not. I just don't think it matches well with this head. The swing weight is just too heavy.<br />
    <br />
    Many on this board are always screaming about how modern drivers are too long. And how they like to play their drivers at 44.5" or less. Well, here's their chance to play a driver at that length without having to resort to lots of lead tape or extra weights. If this driver is really that head heavy just reduce the length by 1/2-1". Problem solved.
    Posted:
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers  4185WRX Points: 254Handicap: 10.5Posts: 4,185 Titanium Tees
    skraly wrote:
    <br />
    QuigleyDU wrote:
    <br />
    I feel this head needs a counterbalanced shaft to really shine. I am not saying the atmos is a bad shaft, because it is not. I just don't think it matches well with this head. The swing weight is just too heavy.<br />
    <br />
    Many on this board are always screaming about how modern drivers are too long. And how they like to play their drivers at 44.5" or less. Well, here's their chance to play a driver at that length without having to resort to lots of lead tape or extra weights. If this driver is really that head heavy just reduce the length by 1/2-1". Problem solved.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Exactly what I was thinking. Every 2 days a new “what length is your driver?” Thread pops up and the norm seems to be around 44.25-44.75. <br />
    A 205-207g Head should be perfect for a shorter length.
    Posted:

Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 

Callaway Epic Flash 7w

Exotics Xrail  4h | 5h

Cobra  T-Rail 6-SW

Cleveland CBX 60* 

Callaway Sure Out 64*

Exotics Wingman 01

Titleist ProV1x Yellow

Handicap: 9.2

• QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10585WRX Points: 3,709Handicap: 8Posts: 10,585 ClubWRX
    This driver is already shorter than what is standard these days at 45”. I still think it is heavy and counterbalancing it will make it more playable.<br /><br />This driver is already shorter than what is standard these days at 45”. I still think it is heavy and counterbalancing it will make it more playable.
    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • rfarrell51rfarrell51 Members  1349WRX Points: 123Posts: 1,349 Platinum Tees
    QuigleyDU wrote:
    This driver is already shorter than what is standard these days at 45&#148;. I still think it is heavy and counterbalancing it will make it more playable.This driver is already shorter than what is standard these days at 45&#148;. I still think it is heavy and counterbalancing it will make it more playable.
    <br />
    <br />
    Does anyone know the head weight of the Cortex?
    Posted:
    Callaway XR16 Fuji 60
    TM M2 3 wood
    King Cobra F6 5 wood
    Titleist 816 H1 21 hybrid
    Wilson Staff V6 Forged 5-GW
    Mizuno T7 56
    Evnroll ER1
  • silver504silver504 Members  93WRX Points: 25Posts: 93 Fairways
    <br />
    Made-for or Authentic?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    These appear to be authentic tour spec. The made for Atmos are the black ones from Taylormade.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • tbone18tbone18 COLUMBUS, OHIOMembers  604WRX Points: 117Posts: 604 Golden Tee
    rfarrell51 wrote:
    <br />
    QuigleyDU wrote:
    This driver is already shorter than what is standard these days at 45”. I still think it is heavy and counterbalancing it will make it more playable.This driver is already shorter than what is standard these days at 45”. I still think it is heavy and counterbalancing it will make it more playable.
    <br />
    <br />
    Does anyone know the head weight of the Cortex?<br />
    205g. head only no adapter.
    Posted:
    TAYLORMADE M3 8.5* / ACCRA TZ5 65 M5 / TAYLORMADE SIM 9* ACCRA TZ5 65 M5
    TAYLORMADE M3 15* / SMALL BATCH HZRDUS GREEN 70 6.5TX
    MIURA CB1008 3, 1957CB 4,5,6 / MB101 7,8,9,PW W/ MODUS 130X
    TAYLORMADE MG2 CHROME 48/52/58 W/MODUS 130S
    ODYSSEY STROKE LAB TUTTLE
    SCOTTY CAMERON SPECIAL SELECT FLOWBACK 5.5
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members  11103WRX Points: 878Posts: 11,103 Titanium Tees
    tbone18 wrote:
    <br />
    rfarrell51 wrote:
    <br />
    QuigleyDU wrote:
    This driver is already shorter than what is standard these days at 45”. I still think it is heavy and counterbalancing it will make it more playable.This driver is already shorter than what is standard these days at 45”. I still think it is heavy and counterbalancing it will make it more playable.
    <br />
    <br />
    205g. head only no adapter.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    The early complaints were that the Cortex is heavy. Is 205 grams heavy by industry standards?
    Posted:
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 14.5* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 X)
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S)
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • tbone18tbone18 COLUMBUS, OHIOMembers  604WRX Points: 117Posts: 604 Golden Tee
    Holy Moses wrote:
    <br />
    tbone18 wrote:
    <br />
    rfarrell51 wrote:
    <br />
    QuigleyDU wrote:
    This driver is already shorter than what is standard these days at 45". I still think it is heavy and counterbalancing it will make it more playable.This driver is already shorter than what is standard these days at 45". I still think it is heavy and counterbalancing it will make it more playable.
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    The early complaints were that the Cortex is heavy. Is 205 grams heavy by industry standards?<br />
    yes.Ping is the only other manufacture that has a 205g plus head weight. the most common weight is 198g with adapter. I weighed my Z785 Srixon head when I first got it and it was 193g without the adapter installed.
    Posted:
    TAYLORMADE M3 8.5* / ACCRA TZ5 65 M5 / TAYLORMADE SIM 9* ACCRA TZ5 65 M5
    TAYLORMADE M3 15* / SMALL BATCH HZRDUS GREEN 70 6.5TX
    MIURA CB1008 3, 1957CB 4,5,6 / MB101 7,8,9,PW W/ MODUS 130X
    TAYLORMADE MG2 CHROME 48/52/58 W/MODUS 130S
    ODYSSEY STROKE LAB TUTTLE
    SCOTTY CAMERON SPECIAL SELECT FLOWBACK 5.5
    May be the reason they have the length at 45”. The Fujikura’s might be too whippy if it were any longer, and swing weight would be affected. <br />
    <br />
    The latest Callaways are in the high 180’s I think. Curious to see what their new Flash weighs in at?
    Posted:
    Callaway XR16 Fuji 60
    TM M2 3 wood
    King Cobra F6 5 wood
    Mizuno T7 56
    Evnroll ER1
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,193Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees
    tbone18 wrote:
    <br />
    rfarrell51 wrote:
    <br />
    QuigleyDU wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    That’s a good thing. Shocked Wilson is smart enough to make a head with some heft. 197g driver heads are a joke.this alone just talked me into trying one. If it sounds good. Hmmmm
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • eaglestan66eaglestan66 Members  569WRX Points: 100Posts: 569 Golden Tee
    Wilson Staff Cortex Driver Head Mass<br />
    202.5 grams head mass for the 9.0 degree head<br />
    203.0 grams head mass for the 10.5 degree head - with Atmos TS Red shaft at 45-inch playing length, Swing Weight at D5.2<br />
    Heads weighed in with out adapter sleeve.<br />
    -Stan
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Wilson Cortex 10.5 Atmos TS Blue
    TM The One 13.5 GD Accra TZ
    Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow 85 S
    Onoff 2011 4-Pw Roddio Pentacross I-10 SX flex
    Wilson Staff Forged 52, 56 & 60  & Miura KM-350 putter

202.5 grams head mass for the 9.0 degree head<br />
    203.0 grams head mass for the 10.5 degree head <br />
    -Stan
    <br />
    Ping G400 heads are in that range aren’t they?
    Posted:
    Callaway XR16 Fuji 60
    TM M2 3 wood
    King Cobra F6 5 wood
    Mizuno T7 56
    Evnroll ER1
  • Steve oSteve o Members  229WRX Points: 89Posts: 229 Fairways
    rfarrell51 wrote:
    <br />
    QuigleyDU wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    204 grams
    Posted:
    Wilson Staff Triton
    Wilson Staff FG 3 WOOD
    Taylor Made Hi Launch
    Ping G- 5
    Bettinardi BHB1-C Hogan
    W/S PMP 56,60
  • Ri_RedneckRi_Redneck Leather for Life!! Members  5925WRX Points: 458Handicap: 8Posts: 5,925 Titanium Tees
    tbone18 wrote:
    <br />
    Holy Moses wrote:
    <br />
    tbone18 wrote:
    <br />
    rfarrell51 wrote:
    <br />
    QuigleyDU wrote:
    This driver is already shorter than what is standard these days at 45". I still think it is heavy and counterbalancing it will make it more playable.This driver is already shorter than what is standard these days at 45". I still think it is heavy and counterbalancing it will make it more playable.
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    The early complaints were that the Cortex is heavy. Is 205 grams heavy by industry standards?<br />
    yes.Ping is the only other manufacture that has a 205g plus head weight. the most common weight is 198g with adapter. I weighed my Z785 Srixon head when I first got it and it was 193g without the adapter installed.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Most King LTD heads are in this range also. Funny how this went from an Fuji Atmos thread to a Wilson Cortex thread.<br />
    <br />
    BT
    Posted:

Bag 1

Cobra King LTD Pro 9.5* HZRDUS Black 7 6.0 @ 44.5"
    King LTD 14.5 - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 43"
    F6 5-7 @ 17.5 - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 41.5"
    Mizuno MP5 4-PW - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
    Mizuno MP-T5 52, 56 & 60 - TT Wedge
    Grips - Grip Master Master Perforated Midsize

Bag 2
    F7 9.5* - Aldila Copperhead 70TX @ 44.5
    King LTD Blk 14.5* - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 43
    King LTD Blk 19* - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 41.5
    Mizuno MP15 4-pw - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
    Mizuno MP-T5 Black 52, 56 & 60 - TT Wedge
    Grips - Grip Master Classic Wrap Midsize

Bag 3
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* - Diamana "Flowerband" Whiteboard 73 S @ 44.5"
    Mizuno ST190 14.5* - Aldila RIP Phenom 80 S @ 43"
    Epic Flash Heavenwood 19* - Aldila RIP Phenom 80 S @ 42" 
    Mizuno MP25 4-pw - Recoil Proto 125 F4
    Mizuno MP-T5 Satin 52, 56, & 60 TT Wedge
    Grips - Grip Master Roo Midsize

• Rig14PortRig14Port Members  957WRX Points: 268Handicap: +18Posts: 957 Golden Tee
    <br />
    Rig14Port wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Hey Fuji... Check the sig. Just updating to let you know that I'm not biased against your products. Really liking the new Pro 115i.
    Posted:
    TM SIM 10.5* HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X
    TM SIM 15* HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
    Titleist U500 2 HZRDUS Smoke Black 90X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4, 919 Tour 5-PW DG 120 X100
    Cleveland RTX 4 50*, 54*, 58* DG 120 X100
    TM Spider X Chalk

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.