Yururi pdg or kyoei mb

Beast10Beast10 Members Posts: 139
Are these worth the money? Which ones have y’all played and can give me some feedback, I currently game Mizuno mp-18 mb 4-pw (us version)

Comments

  • Kingcat990Kingcat990 European Tailored Golf Socks Members Posts: 3,813 ✭✭
    They are made by the same company; Kyoei. You can't go wrong with either. Can't go wrong with what you're playing either
    Wyoming Cowboys
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,328 ✭✭
    edited Nov 7, 2018 #3
    Kingcat990 wrote:


    They are made by the same company; Kyoei. You can't go wrong with either. Can't go wrong with what you're playing either




    +1



    OP, I have a set of Yururi's - I love them. They are a nice conversation piece. What you have right now are just as good.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • Beast10Beast10 Members Posts: 139
    I love my Mizuno, I’m just a club ho, I love japan, so I want to buy a set, and those two look the best to me
  • sacmimansacmiman Members Posts: 12
    Hi Beast,



    I have the original Kyoei MB and I love them. What the other members have said is true. To me they are the softest iron (when hit well) that I have personally ever played. That being said, I have never hit another JDM product. I have had a few sets of Mizuno irons and I think they are softer feeling than Mizuno. What I like best about the MB's and why I bought them is the grind. It is as billed. They have a low bounce all the way through the set, I think the pitching wedge is only 5° just like the new MB, but the grind allows to really attack without worrying about digging in too deep. I know the original MB is no longer being made but it sounds like the new MB, not the prototype MB, has a very similar if not exact same grind. I debated about the Yururi as well but ended up going Kyoei due to the grind. I hope this helps.
  • ian-500ian-500 Members Posts: 698 ✭✭
    I've tried the Mizuno 18's and TM P730's at a fitting and thought the P730's were better feeling for me.....Kyoei should be another level image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Cobra F9 7.5* + Fuji Speeder Pro XLR8 63tx.
    Taylormade R15 12* + Diamana R80x.
    Adams XTD 19* + Matrix White Tie x.
    Adams Pro 23 Tour Issue + Tour AD UT95x
    Adams DHY Pro 27 + Irod 105x.
    Adams XTD Forged Tour Issue 6i - GW + Recoil Prototype 125F5.
    Adams XTD Forged SW/LW + KBS Hi-Rev x.
    SeeMore SB1, Accra FX300, Garsen.
  • tsupotsupo ClubWRX Posts: 1,192 ✭✭
    edited Nov 8, 2018 #7
    original kyoei mb in chrome and in raw

    raw are very pretty, they rust super easy so look after them well.dont store them im humid envions without a coat of .. . I like corrosion X every 4-6 weeks. really des the trick .



    slghtly larger longer blades than 'usual " but they are very sharp.... a very edgey look.

    ball spin was exreme I fond and distance was short.but blades are not made wth distance in mind.



    heres my pw



    if u are after afew otherJapanese Mbs isugget u look at



    honma tw 717m + 727m

    masda mb

    miuraism sb-01





    the mp 18s are the set im keen on trying, i only saw them a few weeks ago,lines on them look superb!



    the above sets will reallyinterest you if u like themp18s I assure you.

    there is no "better "than the other here.ihave ll oft e above and they are all excellent.



    pm me if u want more info, happy to help fellow mb players! .

    10.5* kamui pro tp07/diamana X 70s ..... 15* prgr egg spoon/roddio tour bee 71x ....18* prgr egg/ diamana stinger 70xx....22* PRGR  speed di...... 3/pw  MASDA mb/NS proto 2g18s..... 52*/56*  TOURSTAGE cu X wedge / NS WV125s......TOURSTAGE x01z balls.

  • Beast10Beast10 Members Posts: 139
    tsupo wrote:


    original kyoei mb in chrome and in raw

    raw are very pretty, they rust super easy so look after them well.dont store them im humid envions without a coat of .. . I like corrosion X every 4-6 weeks. really des the trick .



    slghtly larger longer blades than 'usual " but they are very sharp.... a very edgey look.

    ball spin was exreme I fond and distance was short.but blades are not made wth distance in mind.



    heres my pw



    if u are after afew otherJapanese Mbs isugget u look at



    honma tw 717m + 727m

    masda mb

    miuraism sb-01





    the mp 18s are the set im keen on trying, i only saw them a few weeks ago,lines on them look superb!



    the above sets will reallyinterest you if u like themp18s I assure you.

    there is no "better "than the other here.ihave ll oft e above and they are all excellent.



    pm me if u want more info, happy to help fellow mb players! .




    Those honmas look nice, might have to give those a look
  • Kingcat990Kingcat990 European Tailored Golf Socks Members Posts: 3,813 ✭✭
    Tsupo is the only known living soul that owns a set of SB-01's.



    The Masda's are a good look as well if you're looking for MB samples. Since we are on the topic, check out the Mystery offerings. Beautiful beautiful stuff. Very similar to the kyoeis youre looking at
    Wyoming Cowboys
  • Bogey LondonBogey London Mr. Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    I played Yururi MB PDG for more than 1 year. It is soft, spin much but the notable thing is that you lose distance from 1/2 - 1 club length compared to other JDMs or US made golf brands.
    "There are three ways of going to ****: women, gambling, and trusting experts. Women are the most fun, gambling is the most exciting, but trusting experts is the most certain."
    (President De Gaulle)
    Driver - PRGR Super Egg Long-Spec 9.5* 
    Fairway wood - Honma TW737 13*
    Rescue - Honma TW 737 15* 
    Irons and Wedges - Itobori copper finish 4-P, 52, 56, 60; Yururi 52, 56, 60
    Putter - Itobori
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,328 ✭✭


    I played Yururi MB PDG for more than 1 year. It is soft, spin much but the notable thing is that you lose distance from 1/2 - 1 club length compared to other JDMs or US made golf brands.




    +1



    I would say that my Yururi's were 1 club short. Still, nothing quite like flushing one. Really amazing feel.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • puresurfrpuresurfr Members Posts: 1,895 ✭✭
    I love my Kyoei MBs....played the Miuraism SB01 and SB02, I know they are rare and special but I didn't get along with them....I do miss my Honma Bullet back irons though, those were a really soft Japanese blade.
  • tsupotsupo ClubWRX Posts: 1,192 ✭✭
    edited Nov 11, 2018 #13
    yururi raw are 1/2-1 club short indeed but to be reminded of how nice they are I took the PW out this weekend.



    oh my lorrrrd.. I have an NS 2f15 xs prototype in it and I was just addicted to its feel. spin is extreme

    seriously amazing feel ,unlike most others its something by itself.

    the lack of distance will prob put a few guys off. and iis razor sharp, lines look like a razaor blade.

    spin control is via landing and moving , rather than moving laterally in te air , its harder to close/ open the face bec of the longer head shape.

    honmas are much easier.

    but the bite u get is ahhhhhhhhhh..... its addictive seriosuly!



    def shorter tho but that doesnt worry me , I love the feel to much.

    10.5* kamui pro tp07/diamana X 70s ..... 15* prgr egg spoon/roddio tour bee 71x ....18* prgr egg/ diamana stinger 70xx....22* PRGR  speed di...... 3/pw  MASDA mb/NS proto 2g18s..... 52*/56*  TOURSTAGE cu X wedge / NS WV125s......TOURSTAGE x01z balls.

  • Beast10Beast10 Members Posts: 139
    tsupo wrote:


    yururi raw are 1/2-1 club short indeed but to be reminded of how nice they are I took the PW out this weekend.



    oh my lorrrrd.. I have an NS 2f15 xs prototype in it and I was just addicted to its feel. spin is extreme

    seriously amazing feel ,unlike most others its something by itself.

    the lack of distance will prob put a few guys off. and iis razor sharp, lines look like a razaor blade.

    spin control is via landing and moving , rather than moving laterally in te air , its harder to close/ open the face bec of the longer head shape.

    honmas are much easier.

    but the bite u get is ahhhhhhhhhh..... its addictive seriosuly!



    def shorter tho but that doesnt worry me , I love the feel to much.


    You think I’d lose some distance coming from my Mizuno mp-18 6 iron goes about 185
  • chiromikeychiromikey Members Posts: 1,034
    Beast10 wrote:

    tsupo wrote:


    yururi raw are 1/2-1 club short indeed but to be reminded of how nice they are I took the PW out this weekend.



    oh my lorrrrd.. I have an NS 2f15 xs prototype in it and I was just addicted to its feel. spin is extreme

    seriously amazing feel ,unlike most others its something by itself.

    the lack of distance will prob put a few guys off. and iis razor sharp, lines look like a razaor blade.

    spin control is via landing and moving , rather than moving laterally in te air , its harder to close/ open the face bec of the longer head shape.

    honmas are much easier.

    but the bite u get is ahhhhhhhhhh..... its addictive seriosuly!



    def shorter tho but that doesnt worry me , I love the feel to much.


    You think I’d lose some distance coming from my Mizuno mp-18 6 iron goes about 185


    That was my 6iron distance when I played the Flatbacks. The PDGs are a bit weaker in loft and didn’t come raw so there needs to be some differentiation about what’s being discussed.
  • tsupotsupo ClubWRX Posts: 1,192 ✭✭
    yes I think u prob will, the 2010s as above are a 46* pw but I had this made to 48* so i cud play it with other sets as an alt wedge. for 100 yard +/

    10.5* kamui pro tp07/diamana X 70s ..... 15* prgr egg spoon/roddio tour bee 71x ....18* prgr egg/ diamana stinger 70xx....22* PRGR  speed di...... 3/pw  MASDA mb/NS proto 2g18s..... 52*/56*  TOURSTAGE cu X wedge / NS WV125s......TOURSTAGE x01z balls.

  • Bogey LondonBogey London Mr. Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    I have a Yururi PDG set. It is not raw but I have removed its coating and let it rust naturally. It becomes so **** afterward.
    "There are three ways of going to ****: women, gambling, and trusting experts. Women are the most fun, gambling is the most exciting, but trusting experts is the most certain."
    (President De Gaulle)
    Driver - PRGR Super Egg Long-Spec 9.5* 
    Fairway wood - Honma TW737 13*
    Rescue - Honma TW 737 15* 
    Irons and Wedges - Itobori copper finish 4-P, 52, 56, 60; Yururi 52, 56, 60
    Putter - Itobori
Sign In or Register to comment.