2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Aldila 2019 ATX Tour Prototype Graphene Line shafts....Info, Photos, + Trackman Data

TollBros

Many of you are familiar with the Synergy Tour shafts we have had. Those being the Synergy Black and Synergy Green Prototypes that have been so wildly popular here and were made for the PGA Tour. You also may be aware that these products contain Graphene. Below are some facts and links to information about graphene, as well as the original Synergy Black thread for any of you who are not caught up on the data and real world results from players about this technology and what it allows a shaft to do in terms of the spin/launch/feel correlation.

Ok, here is the finished Tour Proto version of Aldila's new Tour Only SYNERGY shaft. Below you will see Trackman data against the two lowest spin shafts that we have tested, that didn't hit 6 feet off the ground or feel like a telephone pole. As you can see, the Synergy is launching the same or higher, with incredibly low spin. How is it doing this? I don't exactly know, but it has to be the inclusion of graphene in the material construction. As it is a true Tour Proto, I don't have all the finite details on exactly how or where, but I can tell you it's the first graphite shaft using graphene and we have the data to prove the results. Below I have included a couple articles on graphene for the techies out there. Basically it's the strongest fiber ever tested and over 200 times stronger than steel.

Graphene info:

http://www.graphene....an-graphene-do/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphene

Synergy Black test and consumer thread:

http://www.golfwrx.c... synergy black

Now that you are up to speed on the technology and Synergy Tour series, it's time to introduce you all to the Aldila Tour Series for 2019. These shafts are just hitting Tour this week, and will not be available in standard retail capacity until around March or April of 2019. However, we at GGE, have them available NOW in 60, 70 and 80TX flexes.

What Aldila has done is taken all the technology and all the of the information they have received through Tour and independent testing and feedback, and both advanced and melded that technology into the 2019 Aldila Tour line. So basically all of you who have wanted Synergy Black or Green and can no longer get it, this is your solution. Aldila has transferred over everything they learned from the Synergy graphene technology, tweaked and advanced that technology, and put it entirely into this line.

Here are some photos of the product, and we are finishing up with data collection and comparison today and tomorrow, and will be posting full on data blocks from a variety of swing speeds by Monday. We hope you enjoy the photos and for those of you waiting on data, rest assured you will see it NO LATER than Monday.

For sale thread : http://www.golfwrx.c...ne-line-shafts/

Test Feedback + Data

Tour Green '19 is best described as somewhat of a Tensei Pro White type profile with slightly more kick and life to it, but still very stable. I suppose the best description of the feel came from one of our testers. To paraphrase slightly, he said that the shaft feels like it loads, but hits a load point where everything seems to freeze and hold. Meaning that you can feel the life in the shaft when it loads up, but instead of feeling loose and overloading, it hits a point of stability in the load process where you can feel the shaft firm up and hold that load to impact. You don't really feel a pronounced kick through the ball, more of sort of a snap release of the load up into the golf ball. It's somewhat subtle but it almost feels like a small powerful snap into the ball at impact. I would also say that it feels a little bit more tight in the handle than a typical white board type profile, but still has that general feel, coupled with tremendous tip stability without feeling harsh. I am assuming that this is the affect of the Graphene technology, allowing the shaft to have smoothness to a degree, and no feeling of harshness, but still retain a very stiff tip section to keep the spin ultra low. It is, I would say, slightly tighter feeling overall than Synergy Black, but VERY similar in overall feel and performance. This is not anything resembling a broomstick type shaft. The feel, as in Synergy Black, is surprising to some. We just aren't used to having a shaft with so much feel to it, yet such eye poppingly low spin numbers. If you like something you don't feel like you need to absolutely stand on to get it to perform, but still want ultra low spin and a controlled launch angle, this is it. We also found it to be very straight hitting. Several testers commented that it was really deviating much unless they really tried to manipulate the shot pattern. Again, I'm going to assume it's the graphene tech that is causing this, just the same as Synergy Black did.

Tour Blue '19 is, I would say more of a Mitsubishi blue board type profile. The shaft has pronounced life to it, and really has that sort of original blue board type butt stability with that lower life in the shaft that makes it feel so smooth and manageable. It is certainly not as low launch or spin than the Tour Green, and is more for the player who either wants a fairway wood combination, or even just loves the blue board feel and performance, yet does not need the massive spin reduction of the Tour Green. The kick is pronounced and the shaft was really more well received by players under 120mph. It's a shaft that is smooth feeling, easy to turn over and move around with, yet is still stable enough not to feel uncontrollable when you want to hit your "stock shot". Tensei Pro Blue might be a competitor for this profile, however I'd say it feels slightly more lively overall, more like an original blueboard.

These shafts have only been on Tour for one event with VERY VERY limited players getting to hit it. Other than us and a handful of elite players, nobody has hit these yet at all, so I have asked some of our guys to contribute here if possible for the sake of answering questions and feedback.

Toll -

love the updated graphics!!!

looks like these are the juiced up, revitalized tour blue/green am i right?

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Toll -

Based on the Tour profiles yes. However these will now be a top level product with the graphene infusion. $350-400 when released.

Excited- the blue and green were phenomenal shafts. If they were made smoother and more stable they're going to be absolute killers.

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Toll -

Based on the Tour profiles yes. However these will now be a top level product with the graphene infusion. $350-400 when released.

Excited- the blue and green were phenomenal shafts. If they were made smoother and more stable they're going to be absolute killers.

They definitely retain the smoothness of the Synergy Tour line, and the green is very low spin. The blue is a constant taper to keep the feel ultra smooth.

Greeeeeaaaaaat. Just what I need..to buy/try another driver shaft.

Toll - Can I just get an "account" and start giving you guys a monthly payment and when new shafts come available you can just send me one?

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x    OR   FliHi 3(19*) - Modus 125x

Edel SMS 4,5 SMS Pro 6-P - PX LS 6.5

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Toll - Can I just get an "account" and start giving you guys a monthly payment and when new shafts come available you can just send me one?

Haha. Believe it or not I have several customers that send over money once a month and we send them the newest thing out. I'm cut from the same cloth. I must try everything that fits within the realm of what I believe will suit me.

Ditto, on both counts. Oh, and not just for drivers ;-)

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Well we did just restock on m3 and m4 tour heads new in plastic as well. :)

Unfortunately tour issued heads are risky business for me simply because of no warranty or replacement for me when it eventually breaks on me a month or 2 down the road. I’m going g400max now. Got one digitally lofted at 8.8*, going to crank it open, remove the 8-10g rear weight and add the weight back in melt low/toward/toe side. Should knock spin down 200-300.

Piretti Savona 

Unfortunately tour issued heads are risky business for me simply because of no warranty or replacement for me when it eventually breaks on me a month or 2 down the road. I’m going g400max now. Got one digitally lofted at 8.8*, going to crank it open, remove the 8-10g rear weight and add the weight back in melt low/toward/toe side. Should knock spin down 200-300.

Nobody else may warranty them, but we do. Assuming it's through the course of normal play, original owner, and in the first 6 months of usage or until we have no more stock.

Nobody else may warranty them, but we do. Assuming it's through the course of normal play, original owner, and in the first 6 months of usage or until we have no more stock.

Good to know for future reference. Will you continue to get them or is this a one time batch? For instance, next spring. Reason I ask is that it doesn’t make much sense for me now as I may only get out to play once a month for the next 6 months.

Piretti Savona 

TMan Data???

Last paragraph, first post.

"

Here are some photos of the product, and we are finishing up with data collection and comparison today and tomorrow, and will be posting full on data blocks from a variety of swing speeds by Monday. We hope you enjoy the photos and for those of you waiting on data, rest assured you will see it NO LATER than Monday"

Good to know for future reference. Will you continue to get them or is this a one time batch? For instance, next spring. Reason I ask is that it doesn’t make much sense for me now as I may only get out to play once a month for the next 6 months.

We have always gotten them. It's just our contacts in Japan generally buy them all out instantly and pay top dollar. We have now come upon the ability to get far more stock and will have them regularly moving forward. The heads we have now we are selling at a reduced rate because of the time of year.

The Synergy Black has been real solid for me. Would the Tour Green be similar to the Synergy Black?

Similar. The feel is very close and launch and spin rates are not far off. Data will be up Monday at the latest and we will compare the following.

Synergy Black

Tensei Pro White

Rogue 130msi

Tour Blue proto

Tour Green proto

I will also being posting data on m3 and m4 driver heads vs the 2016 line as well. All heads were tour heads, identical specs across the board. It should be a fun week for you guys.

I always found the Tour ATX line to be pretty whippy with high spin. Are we assuming this tightens them up? How much different is it than the original Phene'd?

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

I always found the Tour ATX line to be pretty whippy with high spin. Are we assuming this tightens them up? How much different is it than the original Phene'd?

Phene'd was a proto for Synergy Black, and I did include that in this data block for comparison. I'll have a full write up with the data on Monday, comparing not only numbers, but feel through the swing as well. I suppose this goes without saying, but the blue is very smooth, lots of kick, higher launch and spin. The green is more stable, and very similar to that of a Synergy Black/Green type combo. I'll explain more in the write up.

I had a chance to hit both and they are solid. To me this version felt a little more loose than the prior generation ATX Blue but both of them performed a little better and the green is definitely a spin killer.

I think Aldila is going to struggle if they try to play in the $400 shaft market especially if they let one of the OEMs use it as a no uncharge shaft. I think the Rogue shafts still hold up but I'd love to hear Golf Works tell us how many people are buying them for $285 or a Synergy for $250.

Don’t get me wrong, I really want to see the data for this. But my understanding was that you aren’t releasing data for shafts unless someone has committed to buying, and that solo person gets to see it? I believe this was addressed in the Diamana DF thread that we were told would have data posted over and over again over like a month span before being told no data would be posted? Just a little confused on the business model I guess from you Toll.

Callaway Rogue w/ Diamana DF 60TX<br />Cobra king Ltd 3 wood w/ tensei pro blue 70s<br />Cobra king utility black<br />Srixon z785 w/ Nippon modus 120s 4-p<br

Don’t get me wrong, I really want to see the data for this. But my understanding was that you aren’t releasing data for shafts unless someone has committed to buying, and that solo person gets to see it? I believe this was addressed in the Diamana DF thread that we were told would have data posted over and over again over like a month span before being told no data would be posted? Just a little confused on the business model I guess from you Toll.

They've got some deal worked out with Aldila and Mitsubishi, hence all the biased advice, and he said they would post data on products that they have exclusivity on.

No sir. We will not be releasing data on standard retail released product any longer. The data will be on profiles that are Tour or prototype only, along with some known shafts for comparison. We have a big data block on some other prototype products as well, and these are the things we will be focusing time and energy on, as opposed to using company resources on generally available retail products. Most people won't notice the difference in what I post, however if say a company comes out with a new product for retail release tomorrow, we won't be posting any test info on it. We wont be releasing that info publically, but will have and use it for fitting purposes. Products that are exclusivly available or Tour only, we will still be posting data on as usual.

Also I'd like to say that we have pretty much all the relevant proto data from just about every company. Some we are at liberty to post and some not. If you don't see it, it's because we cannot legally post the data.

Overall thoughts and the first block of test data posted.

Test Feedback + Data

Tour Green '19 is best described as somewhat of a Tensei Pro White type profile with slightly more kick and life to it, but still very stable. I suppose the best description of the feel came from one of our testers. To paraphrase slightly, he said that the shaft feels like it loads, but hits a load point where everything seems to freeze and hold. Meaning that you can feel the life in the shaft when it loads up, but instead of feeling loose and overloading, it hits a point of stability in the load process where you can feel the shaft firm up and hold that load to impact. You don't really feel a pronounced kick through the ball, more of sort of a snap release of the load up into the golf ball. It's somewhat subtle but it almost feels like a small powerful snap into the ball at impact. I would also say that it feels a little bit more tight in the handle than a typical white board type profile, but still has that general feel, coupled with tremendous tip stability without feeling harsh. I am assuming that this is the affect of the Graphene technology, allowing the shaft to have smoothness to a degree, and no feeling of harshness, but still retain a very stiff tip section to keep the spin ultra low. It is, I would say, slightly tighter feeling overall than Synergy Black, but VERY similar in overall feel and performance. This is not anything resembling a broomstick type shaft. The feel, as in Synergy Black, is surprising to some. We just aren't used to having a shaft with so much feel to it, yet such eye poppingly low spin numbers. If you like something you don't feel like you need to absolutely stand on to get it to perform, but still want ultra low spin and a controlled launch angle, this is it. We also found it to be very straight hitting. Several testers commented that it was really deviating much unless they really tried to manipulate the shot pattern. Again, I'm going to assume it's the graphene tech that is causing this, just the same as Synergy Black did.

Tour Blue '19 is, I would say more of a Mitsubishi blue board type profile. The shaft has pronounced life to it, and really has that sort of original blue board type butt stability with that lower life in the shaft that makes it feel so smooth and manageable. It is certainly not as low launch or spin than the Tour Green, and is more for the player who either wants a fairway wood combination, or even just loves the blue board feel and performance, yet does not need the massive spin reduction of the Tour Green. The kick is pronounced and the shaft was really more well received by players under 120mph. It's a shaft that is smooth feeling, easy to turn over and move around with, yet is still stable enough not to feel uncontrollable when you want to hit your "stock shot". Tensei Pro Blue might be a competitor for this profile, however I'd say it feels slightly more lively overall, more like an original blueboard.

These shafts have only been on Tour for one event with VERY VERY limited players getting to hit it. Other than us and a handful of elite players, nobody has hit these yet at all, so I have asked some of our guys to contribute here if possible for the sake of answering questions and feedback.

Sounds like the Black still retains its crown, but these shafts sound like a fantastic release. I like that the Green feels a little tighter than the Black. I'm used to the HZRDUS Black, and the Synergy Black feels just a little softer. The Green might be more in line with that type of feel..

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid 

Sounds like the Black still retains its crown, but these shafts sound like a fantastic release. I like that the Green feels a little tighter than the Black. I'm used to the HZRDUS Black, and the Synergy Black feels just a little softer. The Green might be more in line with that type of feel..

The black is still the lowest spin thing ever tested by us, but I think the green has a feel that more guys will like and the numbers are pretty darn close. Overall I think they kept it lively but enhanced the feel stability somewhat. I believe this one will be more popular on tour.

good stuff as always

PING G430 Max 8 degree (digitally lofted) TR Blue 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D4 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO