Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

American Putter Company BEWARE!

2»

Comments

• PutterGuy6136PutterGuy6136  25Members Posts: 25

use some silicone or baby oil or just game the **** thing. Clubs can't stay perfect forever. Is it humid in your house?

1/2 off a follow up putter is a **** of a deal......and that's not good enough? BTW, its raw stainless, not studio stainless bead blasted.

Enjoy the fruits of the world - just don't get tangled up before you get there, it's not worth it.

It’s more about the response at this point. All I asked was for them to make it right. Sure putters can wear from use. But 2 months old stored around 70 degrees indoor never seeing use on a green is pretty shotty work. It’s not plated and why would I buy another when the first one did that as well as some poor customer service. Also they source the “pure” stainless steel from overseas. It’s a low end product for a premium price. At least try to act like you care as a company. But it is what it is.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • rightslicerightslice  160Members Posts: 160
    If you read the "About us" page it really tells you all you need to know. Some putter startup I've never heard of until I stumbled upon this thread is bashing the competition? whatever. I despise that sales tactic. Then go to the warranty page, I would have run like ****.
    Posted:
  • the bishopthe bishop  3500Members Posts: 3,500
    Opinder wrote:

How to clean shiny on copper, brass?

Vinegar and flour on copper, brass for 1 hrs then polishing clean. New shiny!

Man why did Opinder get the ban hammer? He was kinda entertaining.
    Posted:
    W/S Cortex 10.5* 
    W/S C300 15* 
    Maltby KE4 Tour 19*/22*
    Maltby MMB-17 5-P
    Maltby MG Tour Grind 52/56/60
    SC Newport Mil-Spec Pro Plat.
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140  4613Members Posts: 4,613
    Looks like torched stainless to me.

I’ve seen some torched 303 putters from Byron that had the exact same oxidation happen soon after the new owners started using the putter.

Posted:
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NC 3937Members Posts: 3,937
    OP - suck it up.

You did business with a company that is lackin is a history and tradition, and you paid a premium price, because that is what people do nowadays - they pay a premium price for things that they have little understanding of (sorry to all of my followers who have somewhat of an English language background...I ended a sentence with a preposition)

anyways....

Put on your big boy underware, and accept that you got what you paid for.

Some real good information in the responses to your post, but...I would be you don't believe them.

I hope that you find peace in your life.....
    Posted:
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • PeanutsDaddyPeanutsDaddy  8671Members Posts: 8,671
    I hadn’t the following SS Scotty refinished by a fellow member. The torched finish was flawless. The putter sat in my rack, unused, for 3 weeks. On the morning of its maiden voyage I notice oxidization on the face, cavity and top line. I didn’t think I needed to protect the head as I do with some of my other putters. It is possible for raw SS to oxidize. Plain and simply. I’m not into ‘wall hangers’ so I’ve since put the putter into play and have moved on. Not once did I bother the refinisher as it is obvious that the environment affected the head. YMMV

Posted:
    Cobra King F9 10.5*<br />Wishon 919FD 13* (1* open)<br />Wishon 950HC 18* (1* open)<br />Wishon 775hs 21*, 24*, 27<br />NCW 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*<br />Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)<br />Betti, Machine, Mannkrafted, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Advertisement
  • dbbowen2dbbowen2  177Members Posts: 177
    the bishop wrote:

Opinder wrote:

How to clean shiny on copper, brass?

Vinegar and flour on copper, brass for 1 hrs then polishing clean. New shiny!

Man why did Opinder get the ban hammer? He was kinda entertaining.

I was wondering the same thing actually lol...

For OP: its simple, do a charge back via credit card, and mail it back to them. Get your money back. You have proof. Also if you used paypal even better. Its kind of insane they wont remedy this. They look like chinese anser blanks that they have just added cavity plates to. Never heard of them, but after seeing this thread, would never buy from them.
    Posted:
  • MitchellMitchell  5563Members Posts: 5,563
    By the way, I fully realize the only part of putter that may possibly be Timascus is the medallion, just was making a point to see what type of response OP would receive from company- it was unfortunately as expected.
    Posted:
    Taylormade r510tp 10.5* Speeder TS Evo 661
    Taylormade 07 burner tp 17.5* Rogue black 80s
    Titleist 818h1 21* Atmos Blue TS HB 8s
    Titleist 962b 3-pw s400
    Vokey sm7 raw M 54* s400
    Vokey sm7 raw M 60* s400
    Cameron 1996 Laguna
  • Misc1600Misc1600  972ClubWRX Posts: 972
    The “Godfather” is a stretch
    Posted:
  • T-3T-3  100Members Posts: 100
    Seems several people here have seen oxidation on 303 stainless (I never have but I’ve never dealt with torched 303). So it makes me wonder why, if this is normal, APC doesn’t know it can happen. They say they have made hundreds of similar putters but never heard of this before?

I agree it sounds like APC has some chip on their shoulder about your trying to sell it on eBay. Lame. A newer company, especially one with active social media, should know they need to make this right or word gets around.

If your credit card company will handle it, I’d let them take it from here. Keep us posted.
    Posted:
  • TheBIIgCatTheBIIgCat  1448ClubWRX Posts: 1,448
    I sent them a question on their very first release of markers. They sold welded markers and advertised them as extremely limited. The markers sold out within minutes of the very first release. I was told 10 were made, yes 10....Well wouldn’t you know they were available a day later and stayed available for an additional 5 days. I emailed them asking how they were still available with only 10 being made. I knew what I was told originally was not the truth and asked that they supply a COA that would support their claims. I exchanged several nasty emails with them. I was mocked in every email, completely unprofessional. Low and behold they announced they would be issuing COA’s on all of the markers, about a week later. This was the worst customer service experience I have ever had. Terrible company and the customer service is even worse. I will assure you they will not be in business long.
    Posted:
    Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...

Advertisement
  • DRRicksDRRicks  2444Banned Posts: 2,444
    I’m really hoping they come in here and try to defend their actions. &#55358;&#56606;
    Posted:
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CA 26921Rules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,921
    DRRicks wrote:

I’m really hoping they come in here and try to defend their actions. &#55358;&#56606;

That would be considered promotional and not allowed.
    Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
This discussion has been closed.