Maui Jim

Alpha3Alpha3 Members Posts: 704 ✭✭
Has anyone tried the Maui Rose lens? Very little on search and have plenty of Oakley’s.

Comments

• taylorx300taylorx300 Members Posts: 1,264 ✭✭
    It the only lens I wear both on and off the course. Grey seems to limit contrast for me.
    M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
    M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
    M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
    P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
    52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
    60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black
  • dmac4gdmac4g Members Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    I prefer HCL Bronze. Both are incredible lenses.
  • T-3T-3 Members Posts: 65 ✭✭
    I like the MJ Rose for late PM. Will be okay in bright sun but I prefer something darker.
  • theebdktheebdk Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    The Rose is a fine lens for golf, particularly when there is moderate sun. If it is super bright there is better options in the Maui Jim line. Depends what you want, I love mine.
  • GTgolfGTgolf Members Posts: 517 ✭✭
  • smb4uasmb4ua Members Posts: 143 ✭✭
    Does MJ have any golf-specific lenses that aren't polarized? I have a pair for off the course and I love them, but polarized lenses mess with depth perception and ability to read greens. An Oakley rep told me that years ago when he saw me wearing a polarized Oakley pair on the course.
  • GTgolfGTgolf Members Posts: 517 ✭✭
    smb4ua wrote:

Does MJ have any golf-specific lenses that aren't polarized? I have a pair for off the course and I love them, but polarized lenses mess with depth perception and ability to read greens. An Oakley rep told me that years ago when he saw me wearing a polarized Oakley pair on the course.

I get the reasoning behind it, but it’s such a load of **** all the way around. It’s not going to help, one way Or another.
  • jaydubjaydub Members Posts: 177 ✭✭
    Polarized sunglasses do not affect depth perception, unless you are being tested with polarized test objects in an office setting. Squinting one eye closed when it is too bright will eliminate all depth perception.

Sunglasses with a large bridge or nose piece will eliminate depth perception when the eyes are turned to the side, by blocking the view of the “back” eye. Same effect with a broad temple piece if the lead eye is looking to the side out of the lens coverage. Similar issue if one eye is looking out of the lens coverage while the other is within the lens, so to speak. Tints May affect visual clues on the green, such as grain and water drainage.

Cheap lenses with distortion will definitely screw you up, regardless of polarization.