Smart watches with golf app

VesparVespar Members Posts: 138 ✭✭
We all know about the dedicated golf watches, I use a Tomtom golfer 2. Friends use garmin etc

My wife is a very decent golfer, who also is interested in her steps, heart rate and various smart features etc. Is there such a smart watch that a golf app can also used or integrated. a watch that can be worn all day especially post round. easy to use. etc

The preference is android. We won't buy apple

she is very conscious of slowing down the game, she does n't want something that needs to swiped at or maintained during the round like using a phone. She want somethinng she can take a quick look on her wrist and pull the club and fire. . i.e. yardage to front, middle and back of the green

Comments

• LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members Posts: 3,993 ✭✭
    I have the Samsung S2 smart watch but could never get a golf app to work on it. My Bushnell golf watch says it measures steps but it's wildly inaccurate.
  • VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,101 ✭✭
    I use a Garmin VivoActive 3. Works great for steps, heart rate, etc. Golf app gives distance to center only though, and you have to download the course to your phone and sync prior to playing. Otherwise works great for me for being on top of fitness stuff as well as golf.
  • hahanicehahanice Members Posts: 346 ✭✭
    I use my moto360 with hole 19. Have to keep my phone on me to stay paired. Works great though
  • brianhorne8brianhorne8 Members Posts: 1,469 ✭✭
    Don't have one, but the Garmin VivoActive 3 is supposed to be really great if you don't need really granular data for running, etc. Otherwise you could do the Forerunner 935 or a Fenix 5 or something, though those are getting a little more expensive than the VivoActive.

I can't recommend anything on the Android (WearOS) front because I don't use Android. If at any point you're willing to go to dark side and use Apple, the Apple Watch is going to be far and away your best bet in the smartwatch world.
  • bobverazbobveraz Members Posts: 12 ✭✭
    I am using a Samsung Galaxy watch wit the Smart Caddie app. The app works great but, does require an annual fee. It works Independant of the phone. It auto recognizes the course, shows yardage to the green, has an overview map of the hole, has a score keeping capability and auto hole advance.
  • jasonp87jasonp87 Members Posts: 2,102 ✭✭
    bobveraz wrote:

I am using a Samsung Galaxy watch wit the Smart Caddie app. The app works great but, does require an annual fee. It works Independant of the phone. It auto recognizes the course, shows yardage to the green, has an overview map of the hole, has a score keeping capability and auto hole advance.

This. I use a samsung gear sport with the Smart Caddie App. However one correction the app is free. You can buy the premium which allows you to see map views of the holes and track data right on your watch. But basic gps info is free.

I used to use golfpad gps app on my phone which required the premium version to get the watch to work. Also required the phone to be in close proximity.

Smart Caddie is where its at. Very accurate yardages.
    Driver
    TM M3 (8.5) Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 6X 45"
    3W
    TM M3 (16) Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X 43.25"
    5W
    TM M3 (19) Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X 42.25"
    3i
    TM TP UDI (20.5) Dynamic Gold X100
    Irons
    Mizuno MP4 (4-PW) Modus 3 125X
    Wedges---TM Milled Grind Modus 3 125X (48) & TM Hi-Toe (54)(60) Modus 3 125 Wedge
    Putter
    TM Spider Tour Black (DJ) 34" SS Pistol GTR
  • DeepforkDeepfork Go Pokes! Members Posts: 171 ✭✭
    I use the Garmin Vivoactive music and love it.
  • dethmandethman Members Posts: 394 ✭✭
    bobveraz wrote:

how much is the annual fee for premium? the site seems to be in korean image/dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />
    M1
    M2 3HL
    X2Hot 19 Hybrid
    Apex CF16 4-W
    SM5 54, 60
    Golo 3
  • jasonp87jasonp87 Members Posts: 2,102 ✭✭
    dethman wrote:

bobveraz wrote:

how much is the annual fee for premium? the site seems to be in korean image/dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />

its i think 30$ annual or a 1 time payment of like 90-100$ for LIFE.

But this is ONLY if you want the premium features. Otherwise it will give you front middle back yardages for free.
    Driver
    TM M3 (8.5) Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 6X 45"
    3W
    TM M3 (16) Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X 43.25"
    5W
    TM M3 (19) Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X 42.25"
    3i
    TM TP UDI (20.5) Dynamic Gold X100
    Irons
    Mizuno MP4 (4-PW) Modus 3 125X
    Wedges---TM Milled Grind Modus 3 125X (48) & TM Hi-Toe (54)(60) Modus 3 125 Wedge
    Putter
    TM Spider Tour Black (DJ) 34" SS Pistol GTR
  • pierso2pierso2 Shooters Shoot Members Posts: 2,605 ✭✭
    Anyone have any experience with the fenix 5x plus? I'm considering getting one for myself after christmas. I also go camping and fishing out in the middle of nowhere so I'd use it for maps and GPS purposes too where topo maps are pretty handy. I don't think I'd wear it while playing though. I hear the size and weight can be a bit too much.
    Option 1
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
    Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
    Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
    Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
    Adams MB2 GW
    Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
    Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
    Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
    Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
    16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
    Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
    Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
    Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2
  • addageaddage Members Posts: 206 ✭✭
    I have a Fenix 5x that I wear for golf. It's not as heavy as you think. I got used to swinging with it fairly quickly. The GPS is good, not great, but the battery life is excellent. Miles better than any other golf-only GPS watch out there.
  • VesparVespar Members Posts: 138 ✭✭
    I opted for the Garmin X40, although not a true smart watch per se. It cover all my bases including steps, heart rate, front middle and back and distances to hazards and to cover them. I bought a couple of colorful bands she can swap out.

Everywhere they are 249, except at Costco for 199 and I had it at my door in one day
  • tjl48tjl48 Members Posts: 179 ✭✭
    VNutz wrote:

I use a Garmin VivoActive 3. Works great for steps, heart rate, etc. Golf app gives distance to center only though, and you have to download the course to your phone and sync prior to playing. Otherwise works great for me for being on top of fitness stuff as well as golf.

Yours doesn't have front and back? Mine displays that data.