Tampa – one round near Ybor

2»

Comments

• seus777seus777 Members Posts: 442 ✭✭
    You guys must be tons of fun at parties.
    Driver
    4 wood
    3 hybrid
    Driving Iron
    5-P
    Wedges
    Putter
    Ball
    Bag
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,568 ClubWRX
    man need to play lakewood now. I do love WW though. played early am in a tourney on both courses. greens were in great shape compared to usual where than can be a little slow.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • HandfullHandfull Posts: 133 ✭✭

I hope I don't get killed for this.... but, what about Dunedin? I love that course it's an old Donald Ross layout. I've played Pine Barrens it's a nice course too but nothing stands out to me.

Won’t knock it at all. Love playing Dunedin. It’s a fine course.
  • HandfullHandfull Posts: 133 ✭✭
    gatorMD wrote:

man need to play lakewood now. I do love WW though. played early am in a tourney on both courses. greens were in great shape compared to usual where than can be a little slow.

I believe Lakewood is going private soon so take advantage while you can. Once the community gets built around there it might be difficult to get on.
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,568 ClubWRX
    Handfull wrote:

gatorMD wrote:

I believe Lakewood is going private soon so take advantage while you can. Once the community gets built around there it might be difficult to get on.

thanks
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • youraway2youraway2 Just Old Sticks Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭

ArtMBgolf wrote:

Bloomingdale - Heritage Isles - Claw at USF

Oh my have they redone the claw since early 2000s?

I went to school there and as a student it wasn't worth the $10 for me to play it. It was the only course I had ever chipped from the "green" and I did it regularly because they were so bad.
    Played it two weeks ago and the conditions were terrible, and that's being nice.
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G-400 Max, 10.5, Xtorsion[/font]
    PXG, 15-degree, ACCRA
    PXG, 19-degree hybrid, ACCRA
    Cobra DWS Utility 19-degree
    CF-16, 4-PW, UST Recoil
    0311 PXG, 5-AW, i70 Areotech Steel-fiber
    SW, 56 PXG
    Ping Nickel Anser II
  • mannyvizcayamannyvizcaya Members Posts: 15
    Skip the claw. Many other great courses in the area to play. Crescent Oaks, Dunesin CC and Lansbrook are great courses that aren't very far from ybor.

World woods, Brooksville CC and Southern hills are great if you can get up north.
  • As someone who lived in the Tampa Bay Area, it’s kind of a wasteland of ok courses with zero great ones. If you can get on a private course that’s a little better.

Unfortunately you have to get in your car for a trip to mind a worthy course-

Streamsong has three of them

Brooksville area has three of them World Woods x2 & Southern

• Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaMembers Posts: 1,115 ✭✭

Skip the claw. Many other great courses in the area to play. Crescent Oaks, Dunesin CC and Lansbrook are great courses that aren't very far from ybor.

World woods, Brooksville CC and Southern hills are great if you can get up north.

Holy shishkabobs your avatar is scaring me with only a photo! I hate snakes and that would freak me out totally.... I take it you survived and are part of the phython hunts each year too?
2»