only lefty option is 10.5°........and $499.........no thanks
    M1 460 Syngery Proto 75
    17' M2 15° Hzdrus blk 6.5
    X2Hot Pro 18°
    RSi2 4-W. C-Taper 130x
    Vokey SM6 50,55,60
    Edel E-2
  • DON SVODON SVO Hacker in progress... Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,081 ✭✭
    All DvD 2 show aside... I'm a sucker for a deep face, and it has great lines.
    A bag of left-handed junk.
    Driver: 2016 Taylormade M2 Kai'li 70x
    3W: TM R11 15* Kai'li 80x
    2H: Adams Super XTD Project X blue 6.5
    3H: Adams Super XTD Aldila Proto 95x
    4-PW: Mizuno MP-32 satin PX 6.5
    59, 56, 53: Callaway Mack Daddy, PX 6.0
    Cameron Newport 1.5
  • the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,232 ✭✭
    Was this spotted at Sea Island?
    Dynacraft Avatar Evolution 10.5* - Proforce V2 HL - S
    Callaway X-Hot 15* - Project X something or other - R
    Maltby KE4 Tour 19*/22* - Kuro Kage Black 80hy - S
    Maltby MMB 17 - DGS300
    W/S PMP Raw 52/56/60 - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    W/S Bucktown
  • BoognishBoognish Members Posts: 716
    Looks derivative of other brands on the market. It is a nice shape though.
    Callaway 816 DBD 9* / Fuji Speeder Evo II 569-S
    Callaway XR16 14* / Fubuki AX f75-S
    Callaway X2Hot 5Deep 18.5*/ Aldila Tour Green 75-S
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* & 23* / Fuji Pro 83-S
    Srixon z765 5-9 / Modus 120-S
    Mizuno S18 46*
    Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 52*
    Callaway PM Grind 58*
    Ping Vault 2.0 Ketsch
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭
    Honestly, it's a very deep face and the head is black so those are two things I actually really like about it. It is a Wilson though so it's $499 today and $179 by Jan 1.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,684 ✭✭
    This thing actually looks much better than the renderings they released earlier, and I liked it then. Will I spend $500 on a Wilson driver that will depreciate faster than my car? No way. Would I give it a serious consideration if it were $400 vs The Epic Flash at $530? You bet. Like the deep face, the overall shape, and color though.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,124 ✭✭
    Looks good but as already mentioned Wilson woods are not seen in the same light as say TM or Cally so the pricing is too high.
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 6,590 ✭✭
    edited Nov 14, 2018 #9
    it looks good to me. but, with three kids, i have to be very very selective on what i buy. i dont know that i could get myself to pull the trigger on it.
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
    3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP18MMC FLIHI
    5-9 IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 48, 53, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Directed Force 2.1
    BALL; various, ask me that day.
  • jholzjholz Members Posts: 1,367 ✭✭
    Good looking club at address. I'm sure it probably hits the ball fine. If given one, I would probably give it a go in the bag.

That being said, I don't think this is going to do much for Wilson's sales. Too expensive for what it is, I would argue.
    Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
    Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
    Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
    Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
    5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
    Vokey Design 200 Series 52* Stock Wedge (?)
    Cleveland CG15 Oilcan 56* Stock Wedge
    Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
    Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 768 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:
    Honestly, it's a very deep face and the head is black so those are two things I actually really like about it. It is a Wilson though so it's $499 today and $179 by Jan 1.

So true!
    WITB

TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
  • Rig14PortRig14Port Members Posts: 750 ✭✭
    edited Nov 14, 2018 #12
    TollBros wrote:

Maybe Wilson sees a small crowd of fan boys that they know will purchase at this price point and they want to get as much as they can out of the gate. I'm sure they fully expect to be at $200 in a few months.

If they would have launched these with the Tensei Pro line of shafts they could have easily gotten the $500 price tag from the shaft junkies that would likely flip the heads.
    Epic Flash SZ 9* HZRDUS Smoke 70 6.5
    TM '17 M2 Tour 15* HZRDUS Smoke 80 6.5
    TM 17' M1 Rescue 19* Aldila ATX Green 105 TX
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC 4-PW KBS Tour X
    Vokey SM7 Raw @ 51*, 55*, 59* KBS Tour Black Nickel
    Toulon Memphis H4
    Rig14Port wrote:

TollBros wrote:

Maybe Wilson sees a small crowd of fan boys that they know will purchase at this price point and they want to get as much as they can out of the gate. I'm sure they fully expect to be at $200 in a few months.

If they would have launched these with the Tensei Pro line of shafts they could have easily gotten the $500 price tag from the shaft junkies that would likely flip the heads.

not sure i agree on your timeline. The C300 driver has been out for a long time and has not dipped in price.
  • displaynamedisplayname Members Posts: 2,004
    I love the look of the final product. No idea how it will feel or perform next to the bigger brands, but after seeing that shape and deep face, I would be reaching for this quickly in a demo or fitting.

the pricing is obviously showing that they feel it will stand up next to the big players in the market, but like others have said, we'll see how long they hold that price.
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭
    edited Nov 14, 2018 #15
    Rig14Port wrote:

TollBros wrote:

Just my opinion, but I do believe the Wilson would be better off establishing themselves as a price point club for a good value as opposed to trying to compete with the big boys. Maybe if these drivers came out for say 299 new they might do well and actually hold value. I guess they are 499 to try to pay for the infomercial shill that they call a television show on the Golf Channel
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • RobS14526RobS14526 Members Posts: 1,127 ✭✭
    2 gram weights in both perimeter ports. I’m guessing this particular club has a whole lotta hot melt going on.
  • PapaJohickPapaJohick ShortKnocker Bombs Charleston, SCMembers Posts: 4,476 ✭✭
    Rig14Port wrote:

TollBros wrote:

Honest Question, You feel the tensei pro shafts are better than the fuji Atmos?

Im the opposite haha. I just like the feel of the Atmos better than tensei (at least the blue or white tensei)
    Forever Changing at this point.......
  • InterpolInterpol POWWWWWW Members Posts: 1,023
    Nice looking head, but looks very much like a Cobra F6+.

14cobkingf6plsmrhregblk01blac0__41083.1533236315.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on
    Cobra King F9, Atmos TS 7X
    Ping G 3W
    Ping G30 3H
    TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52, 56
    Nike X3X 60
    Ping Karsten TR Anser 5
    Interpol wrote:

Nice looking head, but looks very much like a Cobra F6+.

14cobkingf6plsmrhregblk01blac0__41083.1533236315.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

it looks like a lot of drivers....
  • TinkerGolfManTinkerGolfMan Tinker Golf Man Members Posts: 1,215 ✭✭
    edited Nov 14, 2018 #20
    cradd10 wrote:

only lefty option is 10.5°........and $499.........no thanks
    elwhippy wrote:

Looks good but as already mentioned Wilson woods are not seen in the same light as say TM or Cally so the pricing is too high.

$499... Hard pass. It does look decent though.
    TaylorMade 2019 M1 9°, Aldila Rogue 110, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align Midsize
    Bomb Tech 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Oban Devotion, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,068 ✭✭
    Looks ok. Would never pick this over Ping/Cally/TMAG at that price point, tho.
    Cobra F9 Tour Length
    TM M2 DF 16.5° 
    Irons TBD
    Cobra King Pur 54°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    TW Ardmore
  • vmanvman Members Posts: 1,228 ✭✭
    Competition is just too fierce out there for Wilson at this price point. It's a good looking driver but a little late to the party with the tech.
    CALLAWAY EPIC SUB ZERO 10.5*
    CALLAWAY X2 HOT 3 DEEP 14.5*
    ADAMS PRO MINI 18*
    CALLAWAY APEX 4-A
    CALLAWAY MD4 RAW 52* 58*
    ODYSSEY TUTTLE FLOW 35"
    i would say the difference is that this is almost completely carbon with a Ti framework. maybe that is why it is so expensive. I think working with carbon is more difficult/costly than Ti but i do not know that.
  • dtowngolfdtowngolf Members Posts: 693
    Hopefully there will be no legality issues with this as the last driver was a huge blunder for the company.
  • tbone18tbone18 Members Posts: 489 ✭✭

Looks ok. Would never pick this over Ping/Cally/TMAG at that price point, tho.
    here are your options and their price point:

M3 $499.99

M4 $429.99

M5 $549.99

M6 $499.99

G400 $299

G400 MAX $399

G410 $499

ROGUE $399.99

EPIC FLASH $529.99

WILSON C300 $399

WILSON CORTEX $499

COBRA F8 $299

COBRA F9 not sure on retail $$

TS2/3 $499.99

By making the stock shaft the ATMOS tour spec shaft makes it a better value than some of these other drivers. most of these drivers with the Atmos tour spec shafts are a minimum of a $100 upcharge.
    CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA 815 HYBRID 20,23 / MATRIX HM3 105
    MIURA CB-1007 5-PW / ALDILA RIP TOUR 115
    TAYLORMADE HIGH TOE 50,54,58
    PXG BAT ATTACK BLACK CENTER SHAFT

TESTING IN PROGRESS
    EPIC FLASH SUB ZERO 9* / ALDILA ROGUE SILVER 110 70 X-FLEX
    PING G410 PLUS 9* / PROJECT X EVENFLOW BLACK 75 6.5
    HONMA TW737VN 5-10 / ALDILA RIP TOUR 115
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers Posts: 3,944 ✭✭
    Interesting that the weight port near the toe side says nuetral instead of Fade.

Driver: PXG Gen 2 0811 XF 14*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H

• Joker91Joker91 Westminster, COMembers Posts: 563 ✭✭
    For all those people saying they wouldn't pay $500 for this driver, why not? If it performs for you as good or better than a different driver, why wouldn't you buy it? A lot of this talk is coming before people actually try it.
    Joker91 wrote:

For all those people saying they wouldn't pay $500 for this driver, why not? If it performs for you as good or better than a different driver, why wouldn't you buy it? A lot of this talk is coming before people actually try it.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Wilson hasn't established themselves as a contender in the driver space. I cannot recall ever seeing a Wilson driver in play, ever... Add to the fact that Wilson will have a very limited resale market. We are a community of equipment nuts. Buying and selling equipment is a way of life around here. Then, just look at the disaster that was the Titan.
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
  • Joker91Joker91 Westminster, COMembers Posts: 563 ✭✭
    radiman wrote:

Joker91 wrote:

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Wilson hasn't established themselves as a contender in the driver space. I cannot recall ever seeing a Wilson driver in play, ever... Add to the fact that Wilson will have a very limited resale market. We are a community of equipment nuts. Buying and selling equipment is a way of life around here. Then, just look at the disaster that was the Titan.
    So it's because they are snobs
  • PapaJohickPapaJohick ShortKnocker Bombs Charleston, SCMembers Posts: 4,476 ✭✭
    dtowngolf wrote:

Hopefully there will be no legality issues with this as the last driver was a huge blunder for the company.

it has already been approved by the USGA and is on the conforming list. no issues there.
    Forever Changing at this point.......
    Joker91 wrote:

radiman wrote:

Joker91 wrote:

So it's because they are snobs

Hey man. I don't have the luxury of getting a professional fitting around here. The best you get is hitting in an indoor sim. I don't know if a driver is really going to work until I can get it on the course. Would I risk dropping $500 on a driver that may not work out? Especially if I get pennies on the dollar back for it. With Cally, TM, Ping, etc... I know they have a proven track record of good performing drivers. Something Wilson is lacking.
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64