Comments

• rawdograwdog Cleveland, OHPosts: 3,015 ✭✭
    edited Nov 15, 2018 #62
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

rawdog wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

rawdog wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Still hoping that someone will provide feedback on SeeMore and/or Evnroll putters.

Not good for sidesaddle, so... useless.

RD, you and Darth seem to be useless in my quest for putter knowledge. A pity given your understanding of physics and Darth's username.

Ok, ok. I don't know much about SeeMore tech but I would imagine the alignment tool is not accurate unless you account for eye dominance. If you're going to spend coin for a putter you can align, I think there is a lot of merit to the Edel-style fitting where head shape and alignment aids are mixed and matched to meet your eye dominance.

https://pluggedingol...putter-fitting/

As for EvnRoll, I think a lot of it is marketing spin. The last poster in this thread is onto something, though. If you want mishits to roll the same distance as center strikes, I think the key is to deaden the sweet spot. I have looked into doing this with 3D printing and variable thickness faces, but the technology to produce such a hollow putter head is cost-prohibitive at the moment.

http://www.golfwrx.c...vnroll-grooves/

Also, if you're bored, read this. Very eye-opening and gives you an excuse when you miss the occasional shorty.

http://www.physics.u...OLF/Putting.pdf

Now that's what I'm talking about. I actually got interested in Edel from my trip to see Jon Sinclair in Dallas. There is a guy out where I live that works a lot with Edel.

SeeMore - it seems like you really have to have a nutural putting motion to keep things square as they see it. Forward press and it might distract from what's going on in the stroke.

Evnroll - still interested in this idea.

I mean, grooves are nice and all, but if the goal is to impart the same amount of energy to the ball, even on mishits, why not just make the mishit areas transfer more energy than the sweet spot? Ie, different materials or variable face thickness?

FWIW, Wishon and I traded messages and he thought my idea had merit. Again, it just comes down to cost and precision of 3D printing. Right now, the precision is not there to do what I want to do.

But when the technology is there, I'm ready to pounce, and you bet your a** I will have data to back it up.

EDIT: In the meantime, I may have to mill a slot in my custom putter for a DCT insert... good idea!
    Cobra LTD Driver
    Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
    In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
    Cobra F7 One Length Irons
    Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
    6I = 24* 7I = 29* 8I = 34* 9I = 39* PW = 44* GW = 49* SW = 54* LW = 59*
    Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
    Maxfli SoftFli
    edited Nov 15, 2018 #63
    Awww, there's my baby. Such an ugly little duckling image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Cobra LTD Driver

Maxfli SoftFli
  • GolfjackGolfjack All about the rotation Posts: 944 ✭✭
    There's literally nothing to get excited about. Even Lee Westwood and Matt Kuchar won. These guys haven't won in forever and nobody really cares. I like Kuch of course, who doesn't.
    TM M4 Driver 10.5
    TM M4 3 wood 16
    4H (22) Aeroburner TP
    Mizuno MP-15 4, 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
    Honma HP 1002

Alternate set:
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9.5, Nike VR Pro 4-PW DG x100, Titleist AP2 712 DG x100 4-P, Callaway Jaws X Series CC Wedges 52 56 60, , Odyssey Arm Lock Putter, Gauge Design Eldik Putter with Superstroke Fatso 5
  • FergusonFerguson Executive Member VAMembers Posts: 4,431 ✭✭
    IVM wrote:

Ferguson wrote:

jonsnow wrote:

Ferguson wrote:

A friend of mine just had a cyst the size of Titleist removed from his back. The doctor said "it was common." Common????

At times, when wearing a golf shirt, it looked like another guy was growing out of his back. We called it "the single."

Now we are back to a 4-some, can't talk about that anymore.

Wow. Titleist is a big company; that's some cyst...

It was so big you hang hat on it.

Did you name it ?

Many names.

Alien, Extra Guy, Lumpy
  • wcbjrwcbjr Members Posts: 2,780 ✭✭
    rawdog wrote:

Awww, there's my baby. Such an ugly little duckling image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Well, yes, but probably very effective. I'd rather see someone sole their putter and check the alignment, than try to get their sharpie line on the ball just right.
  • gvogelgvogel Members Posts: 7,163 ✭✭
    IVM wrote:

I agree with you we need a 50 page subject.

I miss the distance rollback thread.
    On Sundays, I used to play hickory
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,007 ✭✭

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Still hoping that someone will provide feedback on SeeMore and/or Evnroll putters.

The wand chooses the wizard Mr. Potter.

PersonalGrizzledHoki-small.gif

So true.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
    edited Nov 15, 2018 #69
    rawdog wrote:

Did Opinder make that ??????

Sorry man. Had no choice.

Actually like it much better than any other side saddle I’ve seen.

If you’re not familiar with his work. Read this thread. If you don’t crack up you’re not human.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1691390-unbelievable-putter/
  • jmckjmck Members Posts: 4,277 ✭✭
    rawdog wrote:

I mean, grooves are nice and all, but if the goal is to impart the same amount of energy to the ball, even on mishits, why not just make the mishit areas transfer more energy than the sweet spot? Ie, different materials or variable face thickness?

FWIW, Wishon and I traded messages and he thought my idea had merit. Again, it just comes down to cost and precision of 3D printing. Right now, the precision is not there to do what I want to do.

But when the technology is there, I'm ready to pounce, and you bet your a** I will have data to back it up.

EDIT: In the meantime, I may have to mill a slot in my custom putter for a DCT insert... good idea!

Couldn't you mill yourself three (or five?) bars of a few different materials, each a few inches in length, then braze them together lengthwise, then take that combined bar and slice it crosswise into a few dozen inserts? Like build a sandwich with, say, copper or brass in the middle, then nickel or steel on either side of that, then titanium or hardened steel on either side of that. Seems like that would be quicker, easier, and more precise than 3D printing, though you'd be working only with metal inserts rather than getting to **** around with polymers.
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members Posts: 3,309 ✭✭
    gvogel wrote:

IVM wrote:

I agree with you we need a 50 page subject.

I miss the distance rollback thread.

It's in the Cooler, 15 must have blown a gasket.
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
    Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
    edited Nov 15, 2018 #72

rawdog wrote:

Actually like it much better than any other side saddle I've seen.

If you're not familiar with his work. Read this thread. If you don't crack up you're not human.

http://www.golfwrx.c...ievable-putter/

8 pages!? I'll give the whole thing a go at lunch. I got to "Edol" before I couldn't hold in a laugh anymore. Haha.

My buddy milled it based on some basic sketches I did. My goal was to produce something ugly intentionally, just to show that even a basic block of aluminum can be effective. It's the exact width of a golf hole (4.25") and we joke that it could do double duty as an ash tray!

The shaft is a bio-cell branded X-stiff graphite!
    Cobra LTD Driver

Maxfli SoftFli
    wcbjr wrote:

rawdog wrote:

Well, yes, but probably very effective. I'd rather see someone sole their putter and check the alignment, than try to get their sharpie line on the ball just right.

Ya know, it's interesting... I putt side saddle with it, and never really thought to do that behind the ball as an alignment.

The shaft is graphite and 33.5" and the head is very heavy, so when I realized it could stand on it's own, I'd just leave it standing on the green while I chip, or after I hole out. I may have to consider using it to visualize the line.

Thanks!
    Cobra LTD Driver

Maxfli SoftFli
  • DRRicksDRRicks Banned Posts: 2,444 ClubWRX
    You can go have some witty banter with the folks that still insist that Langer and McCarron are cheaters. You can waste a whole day on those clowns.
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,614 ClubWRX
    edited Nov 15, 2018 #75
    The Instruction and Rules and Etiquette forums have some good threads currently running.

I would expect as the snow starts to fly threads will get increasingly entertaining.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
    Golfjack wrote:

There's literally nothing to get excited about. Even Lee Westwood and Matt Kuchar won. These guys haven't won in forever and nobody really cares. I like Kuch of course, who doesn't.
    Golfjack wrote:

Me. Don't like his dad, or his comped sketchers.
    Ferguson wrote:

Golfjack wrote:

Golfjack wrote:

Curb your enthusiasm, Peter Kuchar.

"I'm hitting every shot with him," said Kuchar, a life insurance salesman.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1998/06/21/unlike-son-father-kuchar-is-criticized/9232dd24-1b75-409b-b091-1ddde4f5d31d/?utm_term=.ed594a999eef
    Cobra LTD Driver

Maxfli SoftFli
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,366 ClubWRX
    Quiet? Mrs. Pelz must be in the mood!
  • VindogVindog Don't order the schnitzel. They're using schnauzer! Members Posts: 17,468 ✭✭
    rawdog wrote:

Ferguson wrote:

Golfjack wrote:

Golfjack wrote:

https://www.washingt...m=.ed594a999eef

"It's pronounced 'Kuchar.' Like, 'the future'."
    run of the mill driver with stock shaft
    a couple of outdated hybrids
    shovel-ier shovels
    wedges from same shovel company
    some putter with a dead insert and
    a hideous grip
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,219 ClubWRX
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

Yeah like THAT's gonna happen.

Hawk, when is the unveiling of the Steve and Eydie pic this year?
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

��������. Oh my!
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
    You guys need to go the Club Tech forum and read the thread on a CC fitting and build estimate. Tom Wishon is even getting called out by someone.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker Members Posts: 5,175 ✭✭
    rawdog wrote:

What is that thing?
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,099 ✭✭

ebrasmus21 wrote:

The wand chooses the wizard Mr. Potter.

PersonalGrizzledHoki-small.gif

You call that a wizard?

Now this.

This is a wizard

giphy.gif
    rawdog wrote:

wcbjr wrote:

rawdog wrote:

Ya know, it's interesting... I putt side saddle with it, and never really thought to do that behind the ball as an alignment.

The shaft is graphite and 33.5" and the head is very heavy, so when I realized it could stand on it's own, I'd just leave it standing on the green while I chip, or after I hole out. I may have to consider using it to visualize the line.

Thanks!

Wait a second, you actually use that monster?
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

rawdog wrote:

wcbjr wrote:

rawdog wrote:

Thanks!

Yeah. Maybe I'll take some videos tonight, but it goes a little something like this, except my right hand is more down the right side of the grip (when facing the hole), where Bryson goes a little more with the top of the right hand on the front of the grip. My left hand "clasps" the grip against my right palm/wrist. Been doing it for 5 months now. Goal is to go 100% sidesaddle in 2019.

My goal was to make something ugly enough to where even just making one birdie putt would horrify my playing partners. It's incredibly satisfying to make putts with something you made, regardless of how ugly it is.

Cobra LTD Driver

Maxfli SoftFli
    edited Nov 15, 2018 #87
    rawdog wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

rawdog wrote:

wcbjr wrote:

rawdog wrote:

Thanks!

Yeah. Maybe I'll take some videos tonight, but it goes a little something like this, except my right hand is more down the right side of the grip (when facing the hole), where Bryson goes a little more with the top of the right hand on the front of the grip. My left hand "clasps" the grip against my right palm/wrist. Been doing it for 5 months now. Goal is to go 100% sidesaddle in 2019.

My goal was to make something ugly enough to where even just making one birdie putt would horrify my playing partners. It's incredibly satisfying to make putts with something you made, regardless of how ugly it is.

[media=]

Pretty **** funny.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
    rawdog wrote:

rawdog wrote:

Actually like it much better than any other side saddle I've seen.

If you're not familiar with his work. Read this thread. If you don't crack up you're not human.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1691390-unbelievable-putter/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...ievable-putter/[/url]

8 pages!? I'll give the whole thing a go at lunch. I got to "Edol" before I couldn't hold in a laugh anymore. Haha.

My buddy milled it based on some basic sketches I did. My goal was to produce something ugly intentionally, just to show that even a basic block of aluminum can be effective. It's the exact width of a golf hole (4.25") and we joke that it could do double duty as an ash tray!

The shaft is a bio-cell branded X-stiff graphite!

I only made it to “ put me down for 10 “. I almost choked on a pretzel that day. Lol
    rawdog wrote:

wcbjr wrote:

rawdog wrote:

Thanks!

Love the design by the way. Nothing better than using something you made. I was only kidding about opinder being the maker.
    rawdog wrote:

Ferguson wrote:

Golfjack wrote:

Golfjack wrote:

https://www.washingt...m=.ed594a999eef

Tell your f-ing dad I had nothing to do with his flat tire.

• dlygrissedlygrisse Members Posts: 13,012 ✭✭
    There will soon be threads about the best winter ball, should I put together a set of winter clubs, how many majors will Tiger win in 2019, and Brandel Chamblee hate threads. Soon to be followed up with threads about how much snow is on the ground and how to deal with cabin fever.

Teenagers will start threads about what clubs they received for Christmas, soon to be followed by what equipment should be bought with tax return money.

Ping G400
    Callaway Rogue 3w, HW
    Ping G 4 hybrid
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS
    Vokey 58 M grind
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3