Worst Shot You Ever Had

DJGainerDJGainer Members Posts: 124 ClubWRX
What's the worst shot you've ever had? Maybe it's missing a 2 footer for your personal best or shanking the ball on the first tee, but mine was rocketing a drive through the reception tent I was to be married in later that day. I'm curious to what everyone else has experienced.

Comments

• cwglumcwglum Members Posts: 1,554 ✭✭
    Saw my buddy 2 hop a low line drive tee ball into side of a truck in the adjacent parking lot. Was the longest few seconds knowing that it was going to hit something, just needed to wait for it to impact.
  • DfwgolfdudeDfwgolfdude Posts: 87 ✭✭
    All of my shots are flushed and on a rope.

Sincerely,

GolfWRX
    My bag
    http://www.golfwrx.c...2-my-mixed-bag/

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ Driver - [/font]Callaway[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Epic SZ - 9*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Paderson Kinetix Ballistic- Stiff - Super Stroke grips all around and Pured[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ 3 Wood - Titleist TS2 - 15* set to D1 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Paderson Kinetix Ballistic - Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ 2 Hybrid - Ping G400 - 17*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Paderson Kinetix Ballistic- Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ 4 Hybrid - Cobra F7 - 20.5[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Stock for now but will upgrade shortly[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ Irons - [/font]Callaway[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Apex 5 - GW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nippon NS Pro Modus - Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ Wedges - [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Vokey SM6 52* 56* 60* - Black[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]~ Putter - [/font]Taylormade[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Mini Spider[/font]
  • MarkripMarkrip Boss fan 62 Members Posts: 1,577 ✭✭
    So hard to pick just one of my own so I’ll pick on my brother in law instead. A couple of years a go we went out for the first time. Conditions were pretty awful. He bought one of those GX-7 drivers. First hole he hits it on a complete 90 degree angle through a tree and across a road that runs next to thr course. He hits another one and tops it about 20 yards. He says he’s leaving in the bag the rest of the day. He gets to a par 5 and decides he wants to try it again. Takes a big swing. He must of had it teed up too high. He gets underneath, the ball goes straight up to his shoulders and drops to the ground next to his feet. Next time we play the GX-7 is nowhere to be found in his bag.
    Driver - Cobra F7
    3w- Adams Tight Speedline Super LS
    Hybrid - Cobra F8 19
    Irons- Adams XTD 4-PW
    Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54 , 58
    Putter- Tour Edge HP Series 01
  • Shifty76Shifty76 Posts: 347 ✭✭
    Oh boy, that's a toughie.

Probably a couple of years ago when I was REALLY struggling with driver. I'd hit either a pop fly that went maybe 50 yards or a vicious snap hook (was getting WAY too steep in my swing)

Playing men's league one night I hit a pop fly that went straight up. As in maybe 15 yards straight up and not really anything forward, I reached out my hand and caught it as it came down.

No idea what kind of penalty that carries. Our match was over by that point anyway, so we were just playing the 2 remaining holes back to the club house, but it was probably the most embarrassing shot I've ever hit.
  • slide13slide13 Members Posts: 1,328 ✭✭
    Last round of this season was out for a quick morning 9 by myself. It was mid 40’s and a little rainy. Third tee shot, it’s a shortish par 4, take my strong 3 wood and through some combination of terrible swing and foot slippage on the wet grass proceeded to shank a ball straight right off the toe of my club. Now I don’t mean the toe portion of the face, I mean completely off the face and literally on the toe end of my much beloved strong 3 wood putting a massive dent in it. Still don’t quite understand exactly how it happened. Club still seemed to hit okay rest of the round so not sure what I’ll do for next season.
    Minimal: Titleist 913 D3 / Cobra F8 4w / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie
  • kmay__kmay__ Members Posts: 209 ✭✭
    Last Sunday, par 4, drove rough, punched out a lay up to just around 10 feet short of this little stream/creek that guards the green. (my buddy hit it into the water) So we walk up, he drops equal to where my ball is. And we both proceed to duff our chips into the creek. May not have technically been my worst shot, but it sure felt the worst.
    TM 17' M2 9.5*
    Cobra Bio-Cell 16.5*
    PING G30 4 22*
    TM R11 5 - PW
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    Callaway PM Grind 60* (the greasy Phil)
    SC studio select Newport 2 mid-slant
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers Posts: 4,301 ✭✭
    My worst shot turned out to not be a shot at all. I hit the ground behind the ball with my driver and the club bounced smooth over the ball. The ball never moved from the tee. Not my proudest moment, especially as a single digit handicap.
  • golfgirlrobingolfgirlrobin Members Posts: 2,280 ✭✭
    Play long enough and you’ll have a million terrible shots but as I’m sitting out a frost delay right now, my current favorite is a New Year’s Day tee shot back in the late 90’s. There was a frost delay so there were 30+ people standing around the first tee. That made me a little nervous to begin with, but then I half shanked my driver into a tiny, tiny redwood tree twenty yards to my right and it ricocheted straight back at me and landed ten yards behind the tee. I have never been as nervous in my life as I was trying to hit my next shot.

I still play with some of the same guys and someone has to tell this story every New Year’s.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Fairway: Epic Flash 14* & 20*
    Hybrid: Ping G410 22*
    Irons: TaylorMade M CGB 6-SW
    Wedges: Callaway 2019 PM Grind 59* and 64*
    Putter: TaylorMade Spider X - Copper / Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,385 ✭✭
    Have a million of them for sure, most memorable is pumping 3 balls OB off the first tee at the Ohio Junior Am.

Funniest I was a part of was in college I spent a year working for the straightest laced stuffed shirt golf empire ruler in Indiana. He had just put a new Adams tight lies in play and if you remember- those things were shallow. He used it on a par 3 and went right under it, straight up in the air. I don’t know why but I took off running after it and tried to catch it. I missed, and immediately realized that I was about to be fired. Total silence as I walked back to the tee, the others in the group could have turned coal to diamonds their rear ends were clenched so tight. Thankfully boss man laughed it off, but later told me if I had made the catch he would have made sure I never worked in the golf business in his state.
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,068 ✭✭
    Hit one off the hosel...on our second hole. A 185 yard par 3. With a 3 iron. There is a large Oak twenty yards in front of the white tees. I missed it to the right. And made a four. 7 iron and 2 putts. I thank you.
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members Posts: 3,922 ✭✭
    A 6 iron I hooked about 40 yards left of the green OB. Landed in the parking lot and bounced through an open door and into the apartment complex laundry room. You could hear it ping-ponging around in there off the washing machines. Luckily no one was in there.
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,399 ✭✭
    A shank something or other in rather awesome fashion pretty much every time I touch my golf clubs. It's hard to remember the absolute worst.
    Long Live Nike
  • wrmillerwrmiller Members Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    edited Nov 15, 2018 #14
    Tucson, AZ. Randolph North ninth hole.

During normal play, it is a par 5. When the LPGA ladies played there, it was a par 4. In other words, it's a short par 5. So I'm going for a big drive as this is a frequent eagle or kick-in birdie for me.

Normally.

Dead pull. And hammered. Over the trees and fence on the left, and struck the roof or hood of a car on a very busy 4-lane street. Ball continues into a stop-and-rob parking lot on the other side of the street and bounces off a few vehicles in the parking lot.

I stopped play and went to the golf course parking lot looking for someone screaming about some idiot hitting their car with a golf ball. No one showed up. I walked across the street to the stop-and-rob, but could find no one complaining about a dent in their vehicle. I left my name and number with the clerk in the store, but no one ever called.

The guys I were playing with had eyeballs bulging and jaws dropping right after I hit the shot. Then two of them were rolling around on the ground laughing so hard they needed help getting up.

Never been so embarrassed in my life.
    Primary bag:
    Titleist 913 D3 8.5
    Titleist 915Fd 13.5
    Titleist 913h 17
    Mizuno MP-18 4-PW
    Scratch wedges 50, 55, and 60
    Bettinardi mid-shank putter

Backup bag:
    Ping G400 9
    Ping G30 fw 13
    Ping G30 hybrid 19
    Ping iBlade 4-PW power spec
    Macgregor VIP wedges 51, 56, and 60
    Bettinardi mid-shank putter
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Members Posts: 913 ✭✭
    I was at a par 3 in Florida as a teenager, playing with my Dad. Set up 2 club lengths back from the tee box because I had a little extra club needed for the distance. My dad stood in that annoying spot behind me (where you can see them in the corner of your eye while swinging). Wellllllll...I hit the tee marker square on, shooting the ball directly backwards. My Dad ducked to avoid being hit, as the ball flew by him and went into the lake behind us.

Couldn't even be upset at myself for such a terrible swing, we laughed about it the rest of the trip!
  • justbringit5151justbringit5151 Members Posts: 122 ✭✭
    My dad hit a squirrel and squirrel died...

RIP
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,150 ✭✭
    Topped driver in an interclub. Thankfully not on the first hole.
    Ping G400 Max 9 w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w//Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S300
    Odyssey O-works #7 Red Tank
  • LaznastyLaznasty Valparaiso, IndianaMembers Posts: 673 ✭✭
    It was a par 5, big dog-leg left. Off the tee I hit a nice draw around the trees to the left and put myself in the middle fairway. I had about 265yds left to the pin, and I hit the best fairway wood of my life to about 3.5 feet... and you guessed it, I missed the eagle putt.

Every time one of my friends bring up bad shot stories, that missed putt gets closer and closer. "He missed the putt from easily within a foot" was the last I heard image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />
    Taylormade M6 accra TZ6s
    Taylormade M5 5w GD AD-IZ6s 19°
    Titleist 910H GD AD-DI 95s 28°
    Taylormade P790 Modus 125x (4-AW)
    EPON Tour Spin Wedge shimada tour black 54° & 58°
    Lamb Crafted Camden
  • dlygrissedlygrisse Members Posts: 13,008 ✭✭
    Worst shot I ever had? Not really sure, but I'm pretty sure it contained tequila.

Ping G400
    Callaway Rogue 3w, HW
    Ping G 4 hybrid
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS
    Vokey 58 M grind
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • KRW59KRW59 Hoarder Members Posts: 825 ✭✭
    edited Nov 18, 2018 #20
    Years ago , playing in the club members individual championships. I left a

putt tettering over the edge of the cup. Trying not to stand on anyone's line,

I reached to tap it in .....and whiffed....missed a putt of less than .5"....

Ended up costing me winning the tournament outright. Lost later that day on

the sixth playoff hole.
    Cobra King F9 10.5* / Fuji Speeder Evo IV  569-SR
    TEE EX10 Beta 16.5* / Fuji Platinum Speeder 5-SR
    TEE EX10 19* / Fuji Platinum Speeder 6-S
    TEE EX9 22* / Attas 4U 7-S.
    TEE EX9 25* / Attas 4U 7-X
    I have added about 10 grams of weight to all the fwy / hybrid
    shafts , using Sensicore inserts wrapped with lead tape.

Cobra Forged Tec Black / 28* 6 iron thru 49.5* GW / 4.5* gapping
    Recoil 780 Es Smac wrap F3 / GW shaft internally weighted to 95 grams

King Black Wedges / 54* versatile/ Recoil 95 F3 shaft weighted to 110 grams
    58* versatile / Recoil 110 F4 shaft weighted to 125 grams ( heat shrink tube )

Piretti Savona 2 Elite《Murdered》or 1/1 GSS High Toe Potenza II

Flask - Crown Black
  • FourTopsFourTops Banned Posts: 1,676 ✭✭
    Shanked a PW about 1 inch over my bosses' head that would have killed him....maybe that's not the worst shot ever?
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump! ClubWRX Posts: 2,152
    Worst shot? "As if" mortal.
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • macedanmacedan Posts: 206 ✭✭
    All of them.

My dad did split a bird in half with a worm burner though. Don't know where that ranks though.
    Ping G400 10*
    Mizuno ST180 3W 15*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 5W 18*
    Taylormade Rescue 11 21*
    Taylormade Rocketbladez (5-PW)
    Cleveland CBX 50/11
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54/10
    Cleveland RTX-3 58/9
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Taylormade RBZ Urethane | Project A
    Bag: Taylormade Flextech Lite Black/Green
  • tips09tips09 Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
    My worst shot so far (I'm sure more are coming) 3rd shot on a par 5 perfect yardage for a full gap wedge. Water to the right and I chunked a hosel rocket directly to the right into the lake. Walked back to the bag dropped a ball in the same spot and put the next one within 3 feet. Why is that second guy always so much better.
    Callaway GBB Epic 9* Paderson VMT 870 S+
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15* Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.0
    Cobra Fly Z 18* Matrix Red Tie 6Q3/ Srixon Z565 3 Iron DGS300
    Srixon Z765 4-PW Project X 6.0
    Nike VR Forged Raw 50* 54* DG S400
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 58* DG S400
    Cleveland HB #1
    Srixon Z Star
  • dommerdommer Banned Posts: 101
    edited Nov 19, 2018 #25
    Had a 15 footer for birdie on the first playoff hole of an event and three putted. Rammed first putt by the hole and missed a three footer to win the tournament, in fact I don’t think it hit the hole. Lost on the 6th extra hole. Not gonna lie, it hurt. Pretty sure that putter never saw the bag again.
    Driver: Taylormade M4 7* / EvenFlow Black 65 6.0
    Fairway: Callaway Epic 14* / Nippon 950 FW X
    3 Iron: Callaway X-Forged UT 21* / Constant CPM
    5-PW: Mizuno MP18 / Constant CPM
    48, 54: Wilson FG Tour PMP / Constant CPM
    60, 66: Callaway MD PM / Constant CPM
    Putter: Swag Handsome One "Tour Proto"
    Ball: TP5X
  • FergusonFerguson Executive Member VAMembers Posts: 4,415 ✭✭
    Was in the wrong part of town with the wrong crowd with the wrong club - it was an upside-down kamikaze (too much triple sec).
  • clp34vmpclp34vmp Cancel that mead Posts: 229 ✭✭
    So many to choose from. One that comes to mind is years ago playing my first ever links round at Portmarnock and topping my drive thus yielding a low dribbler into the adjacent parking lot with several people watching.

The worst shot I ever saw though was hit by my dad, who was a terrible golfer. He was teeing off on a long Par 4. I had already hit and had moved to the side of the tee box about ten yards away so that his back was facing directly at me as he hit. Somehow, almost defying the laws of physics, he hit the ball straight between his legs at a 90 degree angle to where he was aiming, where it proceeded to hit me right in the middle of my chest. There was one nanosecond where my brain was going,"Holy S&*! I just got hit by a golf shot", but fortunately the thing was only travelling at about 10 miles an hour and fell harmlessly to the ground next tome. There were then a few moments of silence before we both broke down laughing.
  • KnightPSKnightPS Posts: 283 ✭✭
    Missed a 2 footer uphill for the win on the third extra hole in the championship match of our Match Play tourney. I am sure there are worse shots, but that's the one that always comes to mind.
    TaylorMade M2 - Stock
    TaylorMade RocketBallz Stage 2 - 3w
    Titleist 915Hd 21° Aldila Rogue Black 85H
    Titleist AP2 FST KBS Tour X 4-PW
    Vokey SM5 52' 56' 60'
    Bettinardi BB43
  • gripandripgripandrip Members Posts: 951 ✭✭
    Worst ever for me. Pulled a driver into some tress and went to hit a low draw out of the trees with a 3 iron. Pulled that shot too, and the ball hit a tree dead solid and came back and hit me in the chest before I would get out of the way. Had a welt/bruise for over a week. I think one of my partners wet himself laughing.
  • jvincentjvincent Members Posts: 492 ✭✭
    So many to choose from, but I'll pick a recent one that I still get razzed about.

Playing the par 3 15th, 175 yards to the flag. I proceed to hit a giant push slice with either a 6i or 7i (don't remember) out of bounds that flew over the 16th tee box in the air. According to Google Earth I missed my target by 65+ yards. Contact was dead center of the face so I can't even blame it on a shank.

The next shot was only slightly better, it landed on the tee box but managed to stay in bounds.
  • FourTopsFourTops Banned Posts: 1,676 ✭✭
    Worst shot was Tequila with a twist of olive. Yuk! Can still taste it.