Mizuno ST 190 Driver

14567810»

Comments

• mvhoffmanmvhoffman Mikey NEPAMembers  1717WRX Points: 218Handicap: 10Posts: 1,717 Platinum Tees

So from my understanding after speaking to Mizuno, the 180 and 190 are essentially the same head just a different look and sound/feel. I purchased the ST180 because I have gotten sick of the muted thud that I have gotten with carbon crows over the past few years. As soon as I got the 180 I took it out to the field behind my house and hit 3 drives... 3 perfect drives that launched great and seemed like they would have ran forever on a fairway. The sound was HORRID.... a crack. It sounded like a metal baseball bat hitting a baseball size rock. it actually hurt my ears a bit... I LOVE IT!!! The blue head mixed with one of the ugliest sounds ever. It's perfect. Hopefully the rain they are calling for here in PA Sat morning holds out a bit so I can at least get 9 holes in.

Posted:
    Driver - Mizuno ST 180 11.5u* w Kuro Kage Silver TiNi DC 60g S Shaft
                                                          Aldila RIP Phenom 70g X Shaft
                                                          Aldila NV 65 Green 65g S Shaft tipped 3/4in
    Fairway wood - 2015 Callaway Great Big Bertha 18* w Aldilla NV 75g S shaft
    Hybrid - Adams Pro Hybrid @ 20* w Aldilla NV 105g S shaft
    Irons/Wedges - Ping i25 4-LW w Ping CFS Stiff shafts
    Putter - Bastain Milled Flow Neck Fusion Golf Prototype w UST FF shaft @ 33"
    Ball - Callaway SuperSoft/SuperHot / Callaway Chrome Soft X
    Grips - Golf Pride NDMC Standard
    Putter Grip: Golf Pride SNSR Straight 104
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • landsharklandshark Members  900WRX Points: 89Posts: 900 Golden Tee

Like you, I picked up a 10.5 driver as well. Should be here tomorrow. Loft angle on a 9.5 looks good to me, so I will be adjusting mine a bit. I hope it;s just a loft number that is different and nothing else changes from the 9.5 to a HL head. Can the adjustment be dialed to go from the 10.5 to just a 10 or does it go directly to plus or minus the degree? I;ve hit a buddy's Rogue in 9'ish loft and it's perfect. Hope this one adjusts well

Posted:
  • btpd806btpd806 Members  48WRX Points: 25Posts: 48 Bunkers

Has anyone hit the ST190 9.5 with CK white 70 stiff ?

If so, good combo or is there a better combo out there for this head ?

I just picked one up on ebay

Posted:
  • ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members  3505WRX Points: 1,572Handicap: 1.7Posts: 3,505 Titanium Tees

Shafts should be matched to the player, not to the head. Is the CK White 70s suits your swing then it is a good fit, if it doesn't then it isn't.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Titleist 915FD 15* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    Titleist 915FD 18* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Titleist 818H1 18.25* Diamana Kai'li s103x Prototype 
    Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid
    Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Special 61* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot

WITB Thread
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  3014WRX Points: 1,275Posts: 3,014 Titanium Tees

Small update - my wife loves her ST190. Gained a solid 20yds and its repeatable over her 440cc JPX900 head.

The ST190 3-wood is a different story, she hates it compared to her JPX900 fwy. But like any good 3 wood, you cant kick it out of the bag if its working!

Posted:

Epic Flash / Apex / Epic / MD4 / Phantom X5.5 + Pro 2.0 TS / ATMOS TS Blue / Pro 2.0 / Nippon

• Onespeed24Onespeed24 Santee, CAMembers  130WRX Points: 63Posts: 130 Fairways

Picked up an ST-190 for a really good price. Shafted it with the same shaft I use in my G400 Max and have been playing it for a few rounds now. Looks great at address, sound/feel is great as well. Still getting used to it but so far I think its slightly longer overall than the Max and every bit as accurate. I think the face is much more forgiving than the Max, slight mishits are still long, not a big drop in distance. Never thought I'd see the day when a Mizzy driver replaces a Ping in my bag, but it may be happening soon. And I just bought the cool multi-cam headcover for the Ping too, dangit!

Posted:
    Mizuno ST-190, Speeder 569 Evo II
    Ping G400 5W, Speeder 569 Evo II
    Ping G410 4H, stock Alta shaft 
    Mizuno JPX-919 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS, 58* ES
    Taylormade Spider X, Copper
    Taylormade TP5X
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • rt_chargerrt_charger Ball Hitter Members  319WRX Points: 107Posts: 319 Greens

When we're talking about forgiveness, how's the stability in direction? Usually my misses are lateral compared to short and long. I'm comparing Mizuno and Ping for 2020 and I'm mostly looking for fairway finding capability. Distance shouldn't be an issue with a fitted driver (for the record I haven't played one lol).

That's extremely interesting to hear about the 190's forgiveness over the max....

Posted:
    "Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course - the distance between your ears." - Bobby Jones

WITB
    • Driver - MIZUNO ST 200 (In future)
    • Fairway - MIZUNO GT 180 TS - 16 degrees - Aldila Tour Blue (X tipped to play like TX)
    • Irons - MIZUNO MP-20 Blended Set - 3-6 HMB | 7-9 Blade - KBS $ Taper 130
    • Wedges - MIZUNO T20 Chrome - 46-06 | 51-08 | 56-10 | 60-06 - KBS $ Taper 130
    • Putter - PING Vault 2.0 - Voss
    • Ball - Titleist Pro V1X
  • landsharklandshark Members  900WRX Points: 89Posts: 900 Golden Tee

how is the trajectory with the st190? for a given loft(9.5) would you say it is sim to a Callaway Rogue perhaps that is 9 degrees or hits higher or lower? not sure whether 9.5 or 10.5 is best option. changing a 10.5 to 9.5 may open face up too much. thanks

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.