College Women's Golf - are they really that great?

2»

Comments

• TigerMomTigerMom Members Posts: 223 ✭✭
    BertGA wrote:

This has been an entertaining back and forth, but I gotta say my money is with the guy that...uhh...actually coaches juniors. ITeach’s experience trumps someone’s ability to google search tournament yardages and scores.

Your *opinion* is pretty meaningless

I think the fact that you can search on google in 30 seconds to disprove comments like “top 25 teams don’t play from 6100 yards” is pretty telling
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,601 ✭✭
    edited Nov 17, 2018 #33
    TigerMom wrote:

BertGA wrote:

This has been an entertaining back and forth, but I gotta say my money is with the guy that...uhh...actually coaches juniors. ITeach’s experience trumps someone’s ability to google search tournament yardages and scores.

I think the fact that you can search on google in 30 seconds to disprove comments like “top 25 teams don’t play from 6100 yards” is pretty telling

They don’t play 6100 yard par 72 golf courses often. And how about you include the rest of the quote. How about the -26 from 6300+ yards with 3rd place team who’s not top 25 shooting -18? Can cherry pick anything. Point is if you wanna play high level college golf you absolutely need to be able to shoot under par in junior golf.
  • castle24rdcastle24rd Members Posts: 138
    ****. I guess my 8 year old will need to take up crew. She is very good at golf but hasn’t caught the bug yet.
    915 D2 Adilia Rogue Silver X
    915fd Adilia Rogue Black X
    910h 19* Tour AD DI 8X
    AP2 4-pw Project X PxI 6.5
    Vokey wedges
    Cameron TeI3
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 8,789 ClubWRX
    it’s worthless arguing with TigerMom about junior golf or golf in general. Iteach, you dont know shiet!! Lmao
  • TigerMomTigerMom Members Posts: 223 ✭✭
    kekoa wrote:

it’s worthless arguing with TigerMom about junior golf or golf in general. Iteach, you dont know shiet!! Lmao

Kokea,

try to stay on topic instead of personal attacks

• Pinseeker_72Pinseeker_72 Members Posts: 225
    Bottom line, there’s tons of talented players in women’s college golf, and they go low and shoot lots of red numbers.

And lots of things influence score. No big secret. Course setup yardage and hole locations. Time of year and weather are huge factors that I think get overlooked when people just look at results on paper.
  • BertGABertGA Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    TigerMom wrote:

TigerMom wrote:

Kokea,

• heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members Posts: 3,019 ✭✭
    TigerMom wrote:
    kekoa wrote:

Kokea,

He’s right you know.
2»