2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

PING Stealth 2.0 Wedges.... How Is There Not More Love?

Not Far From Par

So never really been much of a Vokey fan..

Not that they are not good, but didn't support them for the same reason I don't play Pro-V's

Too much marketing for me...

Had PLENTY of wedge sets over the years, which I'm sure many of you can relate...

Really loved the old "Z" wedges from TM, but they are about impossible to find in decent shape..

Been thru a few different sets Callaway MD's... MD2's Tour Grinds, etc etc...

Liked them quite a bit, but unfortunately had a few bad rounds in a row, & found out they don't float!!

That was a few months ago, & haven't been able to find anything I was itching to pull the trigger on...

Even tried some RTX's, which I've NEVER hit Cleveland wedges well... And that still stands... lol

I have had my eyes on the Stealth 2.0's for a while, but hadn't really seen them in person...

Very limited reviews... and not many comparisons...

But low & behold, at the range down the street from my house.. he had 3 left in stock.. & was just what I was looking for...

So why not...

50ss, 54ss, 60ss

Bought them without a demo... without hitting them... still in plastic...

They went right into the bag, and onto the course yesterday for our closing scramble/fundraiser

Messing with them before hitting... just tapping balls off the face... I thought I made a HUGE mistake...

Sounded terrible... Felt even worse...

Even showed my buddy, who shares my feelings with most clubs.. agreed..

UNTIL YOU HIT THEM......!

Completely different ball game when struck...

Feel is amazing, even on a slight mishit, they just flat out go...

Spin is spin...

They stopped where they were supposed to...

SS grind was great for all types of shots..

And the black does exactly as advertised...

Gives the perception of a smaller club head... Myself, I love the look, but some don't

I have hit in the last few months, in no real order

Vokey SM6,SM7

Cleveland RTX 2.0 & 3's (no 4's)

All Callaway variances..

And these PINGS hands down won without question...

My buddy hit them yesterday as well, & he will not be purchasing the RTX4's he set aside, & wants to order the Stealths...

And FWIW, I usually play from 2-4 HDCP, not a power player, & my wedge game & putting are the strong point of my game..

If you are in the market... Give these babies a look... You might be surprised!!

PING 410+ Alta 10.5
Callaway Flash SZ HZRDS Smoke 15*
TEE CBX 20*
PING i500 4-6, iBlade 7-PW DG S300 120’s
PING 2.0 Stealth 50ss 54ss 60ss
PING Redwood Anser

Don't worry Ron... I still own the 5-wood.... It's up on the mantle doing it's best impression of wall art

I have a Glide 2.0 stealth 58SS that I'm testing vs a SM7 and MD4 58.

I never got the feeling from the website that people didn't like them. I just think wedges don't excited people the way new iron sets and woods do. There's really no tech going on.... they mostly all perform the same now...etc. It's mainly down to looks and feel for that individual player.

I will say down by the ball, the Glide 2.0 is the biggest of the 3 wedges, with the MD4 being the smallest. I haven't hit the SM7 or Ping yet, but the MD4 pretty much checks all the boxes for me EXCEPT the feel. Extremely firm on chips and short pitches. Full shots it's fine but on the touch shots it's not the most pleasant feel. Hence, why I'm seeing what Ping and Vokey can offer me.

I’ve tried multiple times to get the standard glides out of the bag. They’re bigger head than I normally like, and they aren’t forged, and they aren’t the best looking, but for sure they’re the best performing ones I’ve found! Ended up buying a brand new set this year to renew my commitment!

One thing about Ping wedges is that the SS grind has a lot more bounce in lower lofts than some of the others out there, so that might be part of the appeal for you.

I adore my Glide 2’s.

I actually think they feel softer than my vokeys that just got sold on the Bay.

My buddy that I golf most often with starting calling them “the magic Pings” earlier this year because I hit them so well. My wedge play was my biggest strength this season. If I could read putts worth a damn anymore I’d be a plus index right now.

I started with the pitch and gap and they were so good that I had to eventually go with the sand and lob even though I’ve been with Vokey forever in those two.

I have a Glide 2.0 stealth 58SS that I'm testing vs a SM7 and MD4 58.

I never got the feeling from the website that people didn't like them. I just think wedges don't excited people the way new iron sets and woods do. There's really no tech going on.... they mostly all perform the same now...etc. It's mainly down to looks and feel for that individual player.

I will say down by the ball, the Glide 2.0 is the biggest of the 3 wedges, with the MD4 being the smallest. I haven't hit the SM7 or Ping yet, but the MD4 pretty much checks all the boxes for me EXCEPT the feel. Extremely firm on chips and short pitches. Full shots it's fine but on the touch shots it's not the most pleasant feel. Hence, why I'm seeing what Ping and Vokey can offer me.

I guess I'm just a little different.. lol

Wedges excite me more than most I suppose because I pride myself on my short game...

So finding something that REALLY works for me is blessing...

I can hit about any driver... I just switched irons for the 1st time since pre-ordering my i20's, but they were no game changer...

It was just nice to have something that worked so well, so quickly, without having to adjust/extend/reshaft/regrip,etc,etc

PING 410+ Alta 10.5
TEE CBX 20*
PING Redwood Anser

Don't worry Ron... I still own the 5-wood.... It's up on the mantle doing it's best impression of wall art

I tried a Stealth 46/12 months ago. I thought the look was perfect down by the ball, and even in the cavity... just a beautiful wedge. It just felt a bit hard when it cam to turf interaction. I'm slowly moving back towards an all Ping bag and I can see another one or two of these wedges making its way back in for another shot, though. The RTX4 are pretty good, though, just need to get the right bounce combo there too.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Nike VFP  4i KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping i230 5-P KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I have 50ss / 54 es / 58 es. Love them all. As good or better than my Edel set. Very versatile and love the feel and spin. Sexy too. My only complaint is when it gets very firm, es grind is not the best but it is great from deep rough and sand. I did have to add 2 sw point...about perfect now.

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
SC Phantom X 5.5

I had gone back and forth between several SWs for awhile. I had an original Glide that i bought but didn't like. (more user issues as I was in a bad way with my short game.)

Fast forward to this year and I put it in my bag just to mix it up. It was absolutely fantastic. My go to short game club. But then I saw the Stealth Glides and they looked so good, I had to have one.

It looks great...but actually felt the original Glide was a bit better. Go figure.

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland Launcher XL Hy-wood 18*
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

Wedges are very much a personal choice - I don't like the way the Ping's sit; but then again I use Edel wedges which a lot of people really don't like with the long face and the grooves right along the face :)

Wedges for me is all about your own confidence, once you find what works for you and you can picture the shot in your mind - playing better chips shots becomes far easier

Wedges are very much a personal choice - I don't like the way the Ping's sit; but then again I use Edel wedges which a lot of people really don't like with the long face and the grooves right along the face :)

Wedges for me is all about your own confidence, once you find what works for you and you can picture the shot in your mind - playing better chips shots becomes far easier

Well stated...

IIRC, the last PING wedges I actually bagged were a set of Gorge...

They weren't bad, but I had some shop credit, so got into the Cally's & gave the PINGs to my daughter when she was still in high school golf...

Had a Tour s & Tour w? before those...

They were pretty good as well...

But for whatever reason, these Stealth wedges just plain work for me!

PING 410+ Alta 10.5
TEE CBX 20*
PING Redwood Anser

Best wedges out there my 56 is the best club in the bag

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

I'm just so excited about these wedges!

It's been a bit since I've had SO much confidence in a wedge game...

Essentially since coming back from my accident...

PING 410+ Alta 10.5
TEE CBX 20*
PING Redwood Anser

For those (most of you)

That don't know me

I was a commercial driller, & had an accident about this time 2 years ago...

I'm just now getting feeling back in 2 of my fingers on my right handfc56541782e99f27c0e4008ab2b078ea.jpgce8d0cbe5e3ac349444918c09f815be8.jpge162129f02ca999694388bc874cee38b.jpg89620157a31a090244c056eac70d67ba.jpg

PING 410+ Alta 10.5
TEE CBX 20*
PING Redwood Anser

These wedges are the best I’ve ever used! Just no downside. Damn bro those fingers got chewed up, glad to hear the felling is coming back.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Thanks guys...!

Trust me...

Those are the "G" rated pics

Lol

PING 410+ Alta 10.5
TEE CBX 20*
PING Redwood Anser

I dont hate pictures of BST posters feet nearly as much now. Thanks for sharing OP.
That's actually pretty funny...

Myself, I avoid getting my feet into my BST posts, but one of my dogs almost always sneaks in

Lol

PING 410+ Alta 10.5
TEE CBX 20*
PING Redwood Anser

1st off glad you are getting better - that looks horrific.

I’m as big of a ping fan boy as there is and loved the original glide ES but I did not like the stealths at all. Not sure if it was in my head but I didn’t care for the look or feel and had them for 9 holes before I sold them and bought brand new sm6s.

Ping G400 @ 10.5° (Ping Tour 65S)

Ping G400 5 wood @ 16.5° (Ping Alta CB 65S)

Ping G410 7 wood @ 20° (Ping Tour 75X)

Titleist 818H2 @ 22° (PX 6.0)

Ping i210 PowerSpec 5-U (DG S300)

Titleist SM7 54° F / 60° K (DG S200)

Ping Heppler Floki

Titleist ProV1x/AVX

I carry the 54 Glide 2 and a Vokey 58. He Ping is better on full swings bit I still like the Voke better around the green. I think it’s the sole grind.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

I went from playing Edel, Miura K Grind and SM7 to Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth - 56 ES and 60 SS grind. I like he feel of the Pings with 8620 steel but it's the grinds I like - the Eye2 grind in the 56 is versatile and great out of bunkers as well as tight lies, and the SS grind is great off tight lies, sand, etc. Great for full shots.

Still have the Edel and go back to one of them occasionally; kept a 60-12 D Grind SM7 to compare.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

Loving my Stealths, 56SS and 60TS for me. The TS is just so versatile and super easy to manipulate around the greens and they feel extremely soft are are very forgiving on full shots. My perfect wedge!!

Loving my Stealths, 56SS and 60TS for me. The TS is just so versatile and super easy to manipulate around the greens and they feel extremely soft and are very forgiving on full shots. My perfect wedge!!

Driver- Taylormade SIM 2 *10.5 set at 8.5*, Ventus Black 6X

3 Wood- Taylormade SIM 2 15* set at 14.25*, Atmos Tour Spec Blue 7X

5 Wood- Taylormade SIM 19* set at 19.75*, Tensei Orange 80TX

Driving Iron- Taylormade P790 UDI 18*, Tour AD DI 95X

Irons- 4-PW Callaway Apex TCB Raw, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges- Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black 50*, 55*, High Toe Raw 60*, Nippon Modus 115 Black Wedge 

Putter- Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4, Ping PLD Anser 2 matte raw or Spider Tour Red

I keep banging on about them, but the cavity means they don't lose ball speed on miss hits, so I've found distance control much more consistent. Plus they feel soft and the black finish makes them look much better behind the ball.

Driver: PING G430 MAX 10K 9 Mitsubishi Diamana WB 43X
Fairway Wood: Provisionally PXG 0311 Gen 6 at 15.75 Fujikura Ventus Blue 7S
Hybrid: PXG 0311 Gen6 19 Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 8S
Hybrid: PXG 0311 Gen6 22 Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 8S

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen6 5-PW Aerotech Steelfiber i95S

Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM10 50 F, 54 M, 60 D KBS 610 Wedge R
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 7 CH 34 inches
Ball: Titleist AVX

Hit these for the first time last week. I read a little about them and liked the black finish, so I figured why not give them a try. I've hit the Cally MD forged, SM7, SM6, RTX 3 and my current gamer Top Flite lol. LOVE the look/feel/spin of the Pings. They were the softest feeling wedge after the MD Forged. Granted my TF is a 54 vs. 58 ES grind stealth I hit, but I was getting an additional 2500 RPM spin on ~85 yard shots and 3500+ on 60 yard shots. I want to hit the Mizuno S18s, but otherwise, the Stealth's are going right in the bag (once they come down in price) for next season.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

FWIW I finally hit the Ping 58* wedge and it goes considerably longer than SM7. Well not considerably but like 7 to almost 10% more carry in some cases. Could be that that stock shaft lets me swing a bit faster but I think in general due to the head design, it provides slightly more speed. This could be great for guys with lower CHS.

The downside was that it was a bit harder for me to dial in the distance at first... but I think I could get used to it. I'd just need to make sure if I got a GW that it would gap properly with the PW. As is a full PW for me is max 135 carry and I was hitting the 58* about 110. That's too far... So I'd probably have to go with a 60* instead. However, I rarely hit full LW and even full SWs as I hate tossing the ball up that high with that much spin.

See my thread regarding MD4 vs SM7 vs Glide 2.0 for more detailed info, along with screen grabs of my Trackman session.