Ugly divorce

Carl Spackler3Carl Spackler3 Members Posts: 924 ✭✭
Well it just had to be done, no body’s fault really.... these things happen.......it not you it’s me......

Had to tell my playing partner it’s over. We played our last round, went the bar, I looked long into his eyes and told him. You’re a great guy but we can’t play golf together anymore. There were lots of emotion but the bandaid needed to be ripped off. I told him life is too short for 5 hr rounds lining up 8” puts. Told him I deserve not having to watch his six practice swings, the constant ball searching, the endless parade of people I have to let play through. I had to tell him that I’m getting older and rounds were passing me by. After some discussion of joint custody of the beer cooler and the alignment sticks, we parted quietly into the dark. I hope there’s someone out there for me
Titleist 915 D2
Ping G 3 W
Ping G 5W
Ping G25 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
Vokey 52-08 sm4
Vokey 56-14 sm6
Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)

Comments

• lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,234 ✭✭
    At least it doesn't sound like there were any kids.
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • tokeybtokeyb Gonna get better OmahaClubWRX Posts: 358 ClubWRX
    People move in different directions. Life is definitely too short for that sh*t. Highly recommend lots of flirting, one round stands, and short term dalliances before committing.
    Mizuno ST-180 10.5*
    TEE 3w 15*
    TM Burner Rescue 4 & 5
    Cobra King Forged (5-G)
    Scratch 8820 (56*)
    Odyssey White Hot Rx 2, Tour Snsr 106cc
    Project(a)
    **Right at single digits - gonna get better**
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,309 ClubWRX
    Best thing to do is to jump back in the deep end and find a new love.
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,972 ✭✭
    edited Nov 18, 2018 #5
    Don’t let a divorce dictate who you are. It’s a about re-gaining your life. She isn’t in the equation anymore. Play golf if that’s your thing screw it!
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • farmerfarmer Members Posts: 7,843 ✭✭
    What about the cart? Think about the poor cart, an innocent victim of a toxic relationship.
  • caniac6caniac6 Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭
    I hope you don't run in to each other with new partners at the course.
  • sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,700 ✭✭
    Respect that you had the nuts to go through with it. Unfortunately, the beer cooler and alignment sticks will need a lifetime of therapy.
  • Railroading13Railroading13 NebraskaMembers Posts: 617 ✭✭
    Finding good playing partners is much much harder than it should be, sad
    WITB

Cobra King LTD 9.5 Fujikura Pro 73 X
    Cobra Bio Cell 14.5 Diamana D+ 80 X
    Cobra Bio Cell+ 18.5 Diamana Ahina 80X
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4-5 KBS Tour 130X
    Mizuno MP18 SC 6-PW KBS Tour 130X
    Mizuno S18 GW 52.9
    Mizuno T5 SW 56.14
    Callaway PM Grind 60.10
    Odyssey O Works 7s W/ Superstroke 50G counterweight
  • mshillsmshills T-I-G-E-R-S! Fight Tigers, fight dammit, FIGHT FIGHT! Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭
    You need to lay the wood to a stranger -- soon. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg
    TEE E8 Beta 16.5 deg
    Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood
    TEE CB Pro 3h 21 deg
    Titleist 735.CM 4-PW, S300
    Titleist Vokey 54.14, 58.08
    Dave Curry Big Oak custom center shaft
    Custom Eliott carry bag, waxed canvas and leather
  • Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members Posts: 6,277 ✭✭
    Good for you!

If everyone he plays with throws him out of their group, maybe he’ll recognize and correct his behavior.

Doubtful though, as nobody will admit they’re slow.
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members Posts: 3,852 ✭✭
    LOL, did you thought about why you could tolerate the 5 hours round, 6 practice swings........ at the beginning ?

Sometimes reflecting on the good memory could and would stop the thoughts of separation. Those moments of joy, the sweaty rounds in the hot Summer days and the sharing of drinks afterward........ think about it .
  • CircleC29CircleC29 Members Posts: 831 ✭✭
    Been there. We both agreed that it was over, or so I thought.....

Contents of bag subject to change.
  • ndlutzndlutz Members Posts: 30 ✭✭
    CircleC29 wrote:

Been there. We both agreed that it was over, or so I thought.....

This had me LOL. Nice touch.
  • shoot4parshoot4par Life's A Course 412ClubWRX Posts: 142 ClubWRX
    edited Nov 19, 2018 #15
    It wasn't a yeti, was it? That makes things tougher. I thought Sergio was playing in Europe this week. I live by the mantra that if I took more than two practice swings it was probably a bad shot.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Jones did it with corn whiskey. Hogan with cigarettes & Tiger with will.
    If you were wondering the secrets in the dirt.

WITB
    Driver: Callaway XR Pro 9* (N/S) Oban Kiyoshi Black 65g 04 (Iomic White .60)
    Callaway Epic Subzero 9* (N/S) (TC) Kiyoshi White 65g 04 Kiyoshi White  (Iomic White .60)
    Fairway Wood: Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Limited 16.5* Kiyoshi White 75g 04 (Iomic White .60)
    Hybrid: CB Pro U 19* Kuro Kage 90s. (Iomic White .60)
    Irons: Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-PW KBS TOUR 120s Black standard loft / standard lie (Iomic White .60)
    Wedges: Vokey Wedgeworks 52*, 56*, 60* Soon to have KBS Matte Black 120s (Iomic White .60)
    Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9

WITB
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,309 ClubWRX
    You should go get a new set of clubs. Retail therapy.
  • PZeroPZero Members Posts: 11,391 ✭✭
    Big Ben wrote:

Don't let a divorce dictate who you are. It's a about re-gaining your life. She isn't in the equation anymore. Play golf if that's your thing screw it!

You stopped after reading the first sentence.
    R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
    Titleist 913F 15°
    TM R9 19°
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
    Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
    Studio Select Newport
  • GHIN n JuiceGHIN n Juice Wingpointe GC...Never Forgotten Members Posts: 1,671 ✭✭
    I believe someone in the relationship thread said it best. Something like, go lay the wood to some strange fast!!! Lol
    Callaway Rogue 9.0*
    Taylormade 2016 M2 16.5* fairway wood
    Mizuno JPX 900 3 and 4 hybrids
    Mizuno MP-55 irons 5-P
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #7
    Cleveland RTX 4 wedges 50*, 54* and 58*
  • dlygrissedlygrisse Members Posts: 13,104 ✭✭
    So were you cheating on him?

Ping G400
    Callaway Rogue 3w, HW
    Ping G 4 hybrid
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS
    Vokey 58 M grind
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • golfgirlrobingolfgirlrobin Members Posts: 2,305 ✭✭
    I hope it ended well. We tossed a guy this year whom we’d been playing with for over a decade. He made playing golf feel like going to a job you hated.

We see him on the putting green, now, and he won’t even acknowledge us. We did get all the mutual friends in the split.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Fairway: Epic Flash 14* & 20*
    Hybrid: Ping G410 22*
    Irons: TaylorMade M CGB 6-SW
    Wedges: Callaway 2019 PM Grind 59* and 64*
    Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch
    Ball:  Titleist Pro V1
  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 1,659 ✭✭
    This sort of thing is why I stick to one day stands.
  • GolfGuitarsCarsGolfGuitarsCars Members Posts: 447 ✭✭
    Your both free to see other guys now.
    PING G30 SF Tec 12* (Set to + 1*)
    PING G SF Tec 5W
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19*
    Taylormade Rescue Mid 22*
    Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal 5-GW
    Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 54*/58*
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mil-Spec 34" 340g
    2016 PING Hoofer
  • 2bGood2bGood Members Posts: 4,974 ✭✭
    edited Nov 18, 2018 #23
    I think you may need to take an honest look at yourself before your next relationship. Why were you attracted to this selfish partner in the first place? Did you think he would change for you? Why did you put his needs first?

You need to understand why you were attracted to him before you enter into you ext relationship and follow these steps:
    • Care as much about yourself as you do for others
    • Maintain your boundaries
    • Do what you need to do to be you

​And never forget the advice they give you before every flight - put your own oxygen mask on before assisting other.

You be you.
  • BrianMcGBrianMcG Members Posts: 2,260 ✭✭
    Who gets custody of the range finder?
    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,432 ✭✭
    mshills wrote:

You need to lay the wood to a stranger -- soon. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

LOL!
  • hybrid25hybrid25 michiganMembers Posts: 1,552 ✭✭
    One of the players in my group at a particular tournament was extremely slow, finicky lining up his putt from every direction and just kept yapping the entire around. So I feel your pain. Me and my normal playing partner we're just about ready to strangle him. I could not play golf with him on a regular basis, I would probably end up in some sort of fight with him or telling him off in a nasty fashion. The best thing to do is what you did just tell him what had to be done.
  • LokiLoki Members Posts: 1,110 ✭✭
    My league partner is glacial andmight have to move on eventually. I was told in the first league night that his preshot used to be 4 minutes. It's under a minute usually now but man, sometimes he is slow. I might be looking at doing this.
  • CwingCwing Members Posts: 8,047 ✭✭
    Variety is the spice of life.
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U (coming soon = G410)
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • Swisstrader98Swisstrader98 Members Posts: 3,518 ✭✭
    I have the same situation but don’t have the heart to look said friend in the face and says it’s over.

Too close a friend yet too painful to play sometimes. Had a million discussions from trying to be humorous about the situation to a heart to heart over many dinners, but he remains clueless and in denial.

• rogolfrogolf Members Posts: 3,687 ✭✭
    Remember what a famous ice hockey coach said about players, "You can't teach fast and you can't fix stupid."
  • llewol007llewol007 4KidsGolfer ClubWRX Posts: 3,357 ClubWRX
    I commend you for taking the time to share a heartfelt breakup that sounded like it needed to be done a long time ago. You my friend need to be a single for a little bit of time and really play the random pairing card. Scary at first but it sounds like you have a lot to offer. Most people dont understand that pairings like a twosome takes a lot of give and take but in your case, it sounded like you give and give and give and give while your playing partner really took you for granted. Try not to ignore the text messages completely but be cordial about it and say you need some space. Maybe two or three rounds, who knows, but a much need break is needed. You need to look out for your own good. 5 hour rounds is about an hour and a half too long depending on who you ask. Surround yourself with solid players and dont take advice from those singles out there telling you that playing alone is awesome. Every single needs a companion. Heck, who is gonna vouch for your hole in one if you dont have a solid partner to back up your story. Good luck and as they say, keep your head up, your drives straight and your balls clean.
    Cobra F8 9* Aldila Rogue 60 3.0 X Stiff
    Cobra LTD 14.5 Degree Aldila Rogue 70 3.3 X Stiff
    Cobra LTD 17.5 Degree Aldila Rogue 70 3.6 X Stiff
    Cobra MB/CB 4-PW DG AMT S300 Black HHx1
    Cobra MB 50/54/60 DG AMT S300 Black HHx1
    Taylor Made Ghost Long Hosel DA22
    Vice Pro +