Callaway epic flash? is this legit? (New Pics added Pg 1)

Comments

• buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 5,363 ✭✭

Put the Wilson Cortex next to this new epic flash and people won't be complaining about the $499 price tag of the Wilson. The original epic Sub zero was fire, this is a ****. Won't be trading my epic in any time soon. All clubs are exactly the same performance wise now just look and sound different. Stop thinking yellow paint and a sliding weight are going to stop you from taking a divot with your driver and increase your carry by 30 yards.

Not even close to true. Rogue has inclreased ball speed on off center hits compared to your epic. Fact. Not opinion. I tested both on track man for 2 days when I was fit for my rogue. I've hit the flash and it's faster farther out still. Wait till you see how the face of this driver works and is designed from the back.

are you upgrading?
  • odshot68odshot68 Members Posts: 7,826 ✭✭
    From friends in the business the flash and new g410 will be the top two drivers next season. Looking forward to hitting them both.
    Mizuno ST 190G Fujikura Atmos Black 6X Tour Spec
    Mizuno ST 190 3TS  (Atmos Black 6X TS or Tensei CK Pro 70TX)
    Ping G410 #3 Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 TX
    TaylorMade P790 #3 DG S300
    Callaway ‘19 Apex Pro 5-PW DG S300
    Vokey SM7 52.12F, 56S, 60L DG S200 
    Scotty Cameron Newport #3
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,342 ✭✭
    odshot68 wrote:

From friends in the business the flash and new g410 will be the top two drivers next season. Looking forward to hitting them both.

I heard Epic Flash, G410 and M5 will be “The” drivers in 19..
  • FarrowFarrow Members Posts: 627

odshot68 wrote:

The guys at my local shop were all raving about some new tech in the Callaway driver that they said blows the socks off everything else coming out. Sounds like the Ping and TM will be fighting for 2nd place according to them. I was just surprised because the manager has always been a huge TM fanboy.
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,342 ✭✭
    Farrow wrote:

odshot68 wrote:

The guys at my local shop were all raving about some new tech in the Callaway driver that they said blows the socks off everything else coming out. Sounds like the Ping and TM will be fighting for 2nd place according to them. I was just surprised because the manager has always been a huge TM fanboy.

I am hearing the same thing about the new Epic Flash. The pro at my home course is a TM guy, he is even saying that the new Epic is something special. This is a guy who hates Cally, so it has my attention..
  • HedgehogHedgehog Posts: 312 ✭✭
    03trdblack wrote:

I am hearing the same thing about the new Epic Flash. The pro at my home course is a TM guy, he is even saying that the new Epic is something special.

To me that photo looks like 100% recycling the same driver for the 3rd year now.. So is the new special part somewhere else in the in the driver since this photo is so not showing it.
    TM M4 D-Type 9,5° HZRDUS Yellow 6.0
    TM M6 15° AD DI 6x
    TM Rescue AD DI H 85x
    Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S
    RTX2.0 50°/54° RTX4 60°
    Scotty Cameron '18 Select Fastback
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • odshot68odshot68 Members Posts: 7,826 ✭✭
    Anyone here about stock options in the new flash? The only one I know for sure is the new t1100 white.
    Mizuno ST 190G Fujikura Atmos Black 6X Tour Spec
    Mizuno ST 190 3TS  (Atmos Black 6X TS or Tensei CK Pro 70TX)
    Ping G410 #3 Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 TX
    TaylorMade P790 #3 DG S300
    Callaway ‘19 Apex Pro 5-PW DG S300
    Vokey SM7 52.12F, 56S, 60L DG S200 
    Scotty Cameron Newport #3
  • gyro25gyro25 Posts: 154 ✭✭
    Wow that is not appealing at all
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 24,969 ✭✭
    edited Nov 23, 2018 #70
    buckeyefl wrote:

Put the Wilson Cortex next to this new epic flash and people won't be complaining about the $499 price tag of the Wilson. The original epic Sub zero was fire, this is a ****. Won't be trading my epic in any time soon. All clubs are exactly the same performance wise now just look and sound different. Stop thinking yellow paint and a sliding weight are going to stop you from taking a divot with your driver and increase your carry by 30 yards.

Not even close to true. Rogue has inclreased ball speed on off center hits compared to your epic. Fact. Not opinion. I tested both on track man for 2 days when I was fit for my rogue. I've hit the flash and it's faster farther out still. Wait till you see how the face of this driver works and is designed from the back.

are you upgrading?

Depends. lol. If I get the same hookup fitting I have on the rogue now. Yes. I’m hitting the rogue too good to just buy an off the rack head. The rogue head I’m hitting is super heavy and playing at 43 1/4. So highly modifies.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
    Hedgehog wrote:

03trdblack wrote:

I am hearing the same thing about the new Epic Flash. The pro at my home course is a TM guy, he is even saying that the new Epic is something special.

To me that photo looks like 100% recycling the same driver for the 3rd year now.. So is the new special part somewhere else in the in the driver since this photo is so not showing it.

All in the face. Under the skin. Tech is attached to the back of the face. They have s cutaway to show it. Designed by some super computer used by defense contractors or something.
  • Clarinetmonster2Clarinetmonster2 Members Posts: 67

Hedgehog wrote:

03trdblack wrote:

All in the face. Under the skin. Tech is attached to the back of the face. They have s cutaway to show it. Designed by some super computer used by defense contractors or something.

How much extra ballspeed are we talking beyond the Rogue? Center hits. off center - if you got any sense of that.
    Ping G400 LST 10* Ping Tour 65 X
    Titleist 816 H1 19* Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.8 Tour Spec X
    Mizuno MMC Fli-Hi 21* C-Taper light
    4-AW Callaway Apex MB Project X 6.5
    Vokey SM7 54.14F, Vokey SM6 60.08M
    Odyssey OWorks 7 Tank

Hedgehog wrote:

03trdblack wrote:

How much extra ballspeed are we talking beyond the Rogue? Center hits. off center - if you got any sense of that.

For me. As much as 4 on toe side high shots. Compared to rogue. Heelside around 2. Dead center high also faster. And that’s my miss. High. It’s about making the whole face hot as I understand it.
  • DBillDBill Members Posts: 1,106 ✭✭

odshot68 wrote:

I heard the Wilson Cortex driver will be the gold standard going forward from 2018-2065
  • Gary GutfulGary Gutful Members Posts: 1,167 ✭✭
    edited Nov 24, 2018 #75
    Looking forward to when I can just press a button for 300yd drives.
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,168 ✭✭
    I hope that either the club doesn't look like that pic on page 2 or they offer a second color option like the F9 comes in the white. Blues and reds are okay in small amounts in a club but green and yellow are comedic looking. I know they say if a club performs then who cares about looks... but that's border line where I'd be looking to send that for a paint refinishing.
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge (Hi Toe 58 KBS Wedge in test)
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• Ping PantherPing Panther Posts: 244 ✭✭
    well, when Callaway doesn't have a top 10 driver on tour again this year, they can at least blame the color scheme instead of the technology...
    Driver: Ping G400 Max w/ X-torsion shaft
    Fairway: Ping G400 3W & 5W
    Irons: Ping i500 4-UW w/DG 105 S300

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 (black) 54° & 58°
    Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock 28 Center Shaft
    Ball: Titleist ProV 1
  • tbone18tbone18 Members Posts: 486 ✭✭
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

I hope that either the club doesn't look like that pic on page 2 or they offer a second color option like the F9 comes in the white. Blues and reds are okay in small amounts in a club but green and yellow are comedic looking. I know they say if a club performs then who cares about looks... but that's border line where I'd be looking to send that for a paint refinishing.
    I'm pretty sure Callaway will offer their custom paint job for an extra $50-$100 bucks.
    CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA 815 HYBRID 20,23 / MATRIX HM3 105
    MIURA CB-1007 5-PW / ALDILA RIP TOUR 115
    TAYLORMADE HIGH TOE 50,54,58
    PXG BAT ATTACK BLACK CENTER SHAFT

TESTING IN PROGRESS
    EPIC FLASH SUB ZERO 9* / ALDILA ROGUE SILVER 110 70 X-FLEX
    PING G410 PLUS 9* / PROJECT X EVENFLOW BLACK 75 6.5
    HONMA TW737VN 5-10 / ALDILA RIP TOUR 115
  • moorebaseballmoorebaseball Members Posts: 245 ✭✭
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

Those colors are hideous! I am praying they release another color, or mine will be painted if the driver really does perform.
  • Eric05Eric05 Posts: 505 ✭✭
    Barf
    ~2019 Bag
    --TM M5--Tensei Pro White 60s
    --TM M5 3Rocket--Tensei Pro White 70s
    --TM M6 3 Hybrid--C6 Black hybrid 80s
    --
    JPX 919 Tour KBS Tour 90S
    --Vokey SM7
    50F, 55S, 60S
    --TM Spider Red Tour
    --Prov1 X

~2018 Bag
    --TM M4--Tour AD Di 6 Black Edition
    --TM
    M4 3F--Tour AD DI 7S
    --TM M4 19 Hybrid Tour AD DI 85S
    --TM P790 4-6 NIPPON MODUS 105S

--TM P770 7-PW NIPPON MODUS 105S
    --TM MILLED GRIND 52,56,60 S300
    --TM
    Spider RED Tour
    --TP5x
    Maybe they will offer other color options at an upcharge. Maybe a plot to get us to spend even more?? Release an awesome club but make it look hideous so we all are tempted for the $100 custom paint option.
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• proguyproguy Posts: 870 ✭✭
    moi machine in the background
    F9 9 degree Atmos black
    Epic 15 degree Diamana white
    M3 19 Hyrbrid Proforce Yellow
    R11 7 wood Fuji something old school
    4-pw J40 CB Project X
    52,56,60 DD scratch 8810
    Bryon Gball!
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,630 ✭✭
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

Maybe they will offer other color options at an upcharge. Maybe a plot to get us to spend even more?? Release an awesome club but make it look hideous so we all are tempted for the $100 custom paint option.

I just wish they'd have UDesign program available at launch. They seem to wait a few months before offering the option. At least, that's what it seemed in years past.

Otherwise, for maybe even less, you can get Continental to repaint it. Their work is second to none...

Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • jedidanjedidan Lefty Boomers Posts: 341
    That matte black looks legit. but those two dots next to the chev logo on the crown drives my OCD bonkers.
  • G-BoneG-Bone Better than most... Members Posts: 2,687 ✭✭

Farrow wrote:

odshot68 wrote:

I am hearing the same thing about the new Epic Flash. The pro at my home course is a TM guy, he is even saying that the new Epic is something special. This is a guy who hates Cally, so it has my attention..

... And I quote Roger Cleveland, “Epic and Rogue were nice, but we finally got the drive right this time.”

And incredibly bold statement considering what those two clubs did in the market the past two yerars.
    PING G400 Max Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD IZ
    TaylorMade M5 Fairway 15º ~ GD Tour AD DI
    Callaway Apex 19 Hybrid 20º ~ GD Tour AD HY
    Callaway Apex 19 Hybrid 23º ~ GD Tour AD HY
    Epon by Endo AF-505 Irons 5–PW ~ Rifle Project X
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 50/SS (51º) ~ Rifle Project X
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 56/SS (57º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Rifle Project X
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth Wedge 60/SS (63º) - Tour Department 'SG' Grind ~ Rifle Project X
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Circle T Del Mar Buttonback Select Tour Prototype (A026140)
    Titleist Pro V1 ~ #19
  • ago33ago33 Members Posts: 2,149 ✭✭
    It looks like zero groove / grenade came up with the color scheme

Doesn’t matter, I’m going to buy it

Current Gamers

Cobra F9 Speedback 9.................................Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    TC Callaway X Hot 3 Deep 14.5...................Rombax P95 X
    Taylormade GAPR Mid 3..............................Recoil Utility 110F5
    Mizuno MP-18 FliHi 4,5................................AMT TI X100
    Mizuno MP-25 6-PW....................................AMT TI X100
    Callaway MD Forged 50, 56.........................AMT TI S400
    TI Taylormade Hi Toe 60.09..........................AMT TI S400
    Scotty Cameron 5.5M...................................Grip Master
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,630 ✭✭
    jedidan wrote:

That matte black looks legit. but those two dots next to the chev logo on the crown drives my OCD bonkers.

My dog chipped the aerodynamic ridge thing when I left it sitting out overnight. They got rid of it and I think those two dots were underneath it? Couldn't notice it at address. Face dented shortly after I got it back though. So my run was pretty short lived.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • G-Bone wrote:

Farrow wrote:

odshot68 wrote:

... And I quote Roger Cleveland, “Epic and Rogue were nice, but we finally got the drive right this time.”

And incredibly bold statement considering what those two clubs did in the market the past two yerars.

I’m amazed everyone is saying Callaway will be the one to catch again next year, no one has even seen the new TM stuff or what tech is in it yet. The biggest piece that has me intrigued is it’s almost December and absolutely no leaks from TM!!!! Almost unheard of in this industry plus I’ve heard rumours the NDA actually has a figure on it of $250,000 that if you are proven to have leaked it you will be liable. They are keeping it super tight lipped. There was a group of 40-50 TM guys in Vegas last week who saw the new product and still nothing!
    TM is behind. Period. The reason for no leaks is that they are scrambling. This new callaway piece is going to cause a rules revisit.
    radiman wrote:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

I just wish they'd have UDesign program available at launch. They seem to wait a few months before offering the option. At least, that's what it seemed in years past.

Otherwise, for maybe even less, you can get Continental to repaint it. Their work is second to none...

Yeah they do solid, solid work. Just a shame to buy a $500+ driver (I usually end up in custom shaft) and then need to spend even more just to get colors right.
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

Crown looks good on the flash. You guys are gonna forget the sole once you see the shape from address.