Callaway epic flash? is this legit? (New Pics added Pg 1)

14244464748

Comments

  • wilymowilymo GAMembers Posts: 245 ✭✭
    Did you do all black for all the options on the Customs? Looks awesome.
  • jonnymc44jonnymc44 Manchester UKMembers Posts: 77 ✭✭
    Picked up a EFSZ over the weekend after much deliberation. Had a driver testing then followed by a fitting. I tried Ping G410, Titleist TS3, Cobra F9 and EFSZ. I didn’t bother with Taylormade as I’ve never really got on with them. I currently game a 915 D3 in 9.5* with Aldila Rogue stiff. Good gains in all clubs but some better than others. Typical shot is a pull fade/straight fade.

    I tried each head with the different stock shafts, all in 9*. I didn't see all the numbers as I went from feel, actual launch and flight and then asked the fitter what the carry distance was. I swing consistently around 103-105 depending on how tired I am. Swing felt good on the day and wasn’t making too many tweaks in the fitting. Range balls were ok.



    F9- seemed to fly off the face with quite a flat flight in both Smoke and Atmos. Muted sound. Carry was around 253 but dispersion was poor in both shafts. I felt as though I had to force the lie open to avoid a pull draw even with it set to open (maybe my address was slightly closed?).



    TS3 – didn’t get on with at all. Had a couple of hits and handed it back.



    G410 – Even set to 8* it looped up in all the shafts I tried. Launched way too high and was far too spinny and its descent angle was too steep. Didn’t like. Bit too busy on top as well for my liking, especially being used to such a plain looking top line of my Titleist 915.



    EFSZ – best dispersion of all the other clubs, especially in the Hzrdous Smoke. Carry distance was 257 launching at 13.4*, which was the longest of the clubs. Feel as though I could still get a bit more from it with my own balls and teeing up at my normal height, not the stock rubber things. Loved the look from above and it felt great. I must have had a muted head because the sound wasn’t too obnoxious. Flight was flat and long. Tried the Even Flow Green and it felt as though I was swinging a lump on the end of a piece of string- it was too light for me. Balls were flying in all directions. Tensei Blue was ok but dispersion slightly off. Hzrdous Smoke was where I settled, and happily to do so! Ball speeds were highest of all the clubs at 154mph.



    Luckily for me I was able to trade in my old club and had store credit so it cost me around £340 ($445), and is normally £450 ($590) here in the UK. Can’t wait another 2 weeks for it to arrive!
  • UnderPar18UnderPar18 Previously Ecsugolf1 Members Posts: 5,629 ✭✭
    So as I alluded to a few pages pages back I ordered my Callaway driver and received it yesterday.



    I received:

    45.5” stock when I ordered 44.75”

    Did not include a heavier weight because they never had the correct length so it was playing at D4 as I requested

    Lamkin Grip was stock and not +1/32”



    Pretty crappy of a build by Callaway. I called and they offered to build me a new driver or pay for the club work to be done locally. I chose locally as I know it will be done correctly. All I asked was for a 16 and 20 gram weight to be mailed to me so that I can dial in the best SW for me.
  • Lefty28Lefty28 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    UnderPar18 wrote:
    So as I alluded to a few pages pages back I ordered my Callaway driver and received it yesterday.



    I received:

    45.5” stock when I ordered 44.75”

    Did not include a heavier weight because they never had the correct length so it was playing at D4 as I requested

    Lamkin Grip was stock and not +1/32”



    Pretty crappy of a build by Callaway. I called and they offered to build me a new driver or pay for the club work to be done locally. I chose locally as I know it will be done correctly. All I asked was for a 16 and 20 gram weight to be mailed to me so that I can dial in the best SW for me.




    That sucks. Looks like a good result though. I’ve had similar experiences with all the other OEMs and most provide excellent service. I will say that I was always impressed with Callaways help when I had issues with their clubs in the past.
  • UnderPar18UnderPar18 Previously Ecsugolf1 Members Posts: 5,629 ✭✭
    Lefty28 wrote:

    UnderPar18 wrote:
    So as I alluded to a few pages pages back I ordered my Callaway driver and received it yesterday.



    I received:

    45.5” stock when I ordered 44.75”

    Did not include a heavier weight because they never had the correct length so it was playing at D4 as I requested

    Lamkin Grip was stock and not +1/32”



    Pretty crappy of a build by Callaway. I called and they offered to build me a new driver or pay for the club work to be done locally. I chose locally as I know it will be done correctly. All I asked was for a 16 and 20 gram weight to be mailed to me so that I can dial in the best SW for me.




    That sucks. Looks like a good result though. I’ve had similar experiences with all the other OEMs and most provide excellent service. I will say that I was always impressed with Callaways help when I had issues with their clubs in the past.




    Here’s where it gets interesting. I brought my driver to my club builders today and he cut it down to 44.75” and built a grip up to +1/32 as I wanted. I asked him to measure the SW and it came in at D5.1.... I took off the weight again to check and it’s definitely the 12 gram stock weight.



    Now I’m interested to see if it’s just a heavier head they chose for me or if it was hot melted any? Standard 45.5 is supposed to be D4 so 44.75” at D5 is really interesting.
  • Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,433 ✭✭
    Strange indeed. I play mine at 45" and had to add lead tape to get it to D4 with a nearly 80G shaft
  • FarrowFarrow Members Posts: 627
    UnderPar18 wrote:

    Lefty28 wrote:

    UnderPar18 wrote:
    So as I alluded to a few pages pages back I ordered my Callaway driver and received it yesterday.



    I received:

    45.5” stock when I ordered 44.75”

    Did not include a heavier weight because they never had the correct length so it was playing at D4 as I requested

    Lamkin Grip was stock and not +1/32”



    Pretty crappy of a build by Callaway. I called and they offered to build me a new driver or pay for the club work to be done locally. I chose locally as I know it will be done correctly. All I asked was for a 16 and 20 gram weight to be mailed to me so that I can dial in the best SW for me.




    That sucks. Looks like a good result though. I’ve had similar experiences with all the other OEMs and most provide excellent service. I will say that I was always impressed with Callaways help when I had issues with their clubs in the past.




    Here’s where it gets interesting. I brought my driver to my club builders today and he cut it down to 44.75” and built a grip up to +1/32 as I wanted. I asked him to measure the SW and it came in at D5.1.... I took off the weight again to check and it’s definitely the 12 gram stock weight.



    Now I’m interested to see if it’s just a heavier head they chose for me or if it was hot melted any? Standard 45.5 is supposed to be D4 so 44.75” at D5 is really interesting.




    Is it the SZ version? If so, did you check the front weight to see if they put a heavier weight there instead of on the slider?
  • UnderPar18UnderPar18 Previously Ecsugolf1 Members Posts: 5,629 ✭✭
    Farrow wrote:

    UnderPar18 wrote:

    Lefty28 wrote:

    UnderPar18 wrote:
    So as I alluded to a few pages pages back I ordered my Callaway driver and received it yesterday.



    I received:

    45.5” stock when I ordered 44.75”

    Did not include a heavier weight because they never had the correct length so it was playing at D4 as I requested

    Lamkin Grip was stock and not +1/32”



    Pretty crappy of a build by Callaway. I called and they offered to build me a new driver or pay for the club work to be done locally. I chose locally as I know it will be done correctly. All I asked was for a 16 and 20 gram weight to be mailed to me so that I can dial in the best SW for me.




    That sucks. Looks like a good result though. I’ve had similar experiences with all the other OEMs and most provide excellent service. I will say that I was always impressed with Callaways help when I had issues with their clubs in the past.




    Here’s where it gets interesting. I brought my driver to my club builders today and he cut it down to 44.75” and built a grip up to +1/32 as I wanted. I asked him to measure the SW and it came in at D5.1.... I took off the weight again to check and it’s definitely the 12 gram stock weight.



    Now I’m interested to see if it’s just a heavier head they chose for me or if it was hot melted any? Standard 45.5 is supposed to be D4 so 44.75” at D5 is really interesting.




    Is it the SZ version? If so, did you check the front weight to see if they put a heavier weight there instead of on the slider?




    Yes. 2 gram in the front and a 12 gram in the sliding track
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,907 ClubWRX
    UnderPar18 wrote:

    Farrow wrote:

    UnderPar18 wrote:

    Lefty28 wrote:

    UnderPar18 wrote:
    So as I alluded to a few pages pages back I ordered my Callaway driver and received it yesterday.



    I received:

    45.5" stock when I ordered 44.75"

    Did not include a heavier weight because they never had the correct length so it was playing at D4 as I requested

    Lamkin Grip was stock and not +1/32"



    Pretty crappy of a build by Callaway. I called and they offered to build me a new driver or pay for the club work to be done locally. I chose locally as I know it will be done correctly. All I asked was for a 16 and 20 gram weight to be mailed to me so that I can dial in the best SW for me.




    That sucks. Looks like a good result though. I've had similar experiences with all the other OEMs and most provide excellent service. I will say that I was always impressed with Callaways help when I had issues with their clubs in the past.




    Here's where it gets interesting. I brought my driver to my club builders today and he cut it down to 44.75" and built a grip up to +1/32 as I wanted. I asked him to measure the SW and it came in at D5.1.... I took off the weight again to check and it's definitely the 12 gram stock weight.



    Now I'm interested to see if it's just a heavier head they chose for me or if it was hot melted any? Standard 45.5 is supposed to be D4 so 44.75" at D5 is really interesting.




    Is it the SZ version? If so, did you check the front weight to see if they put a heavier weight there instead of on the slider?




    Yes. 2 gram in the front and a 12 gram in the sliding track




    Sounds like you got an extra Flashy head!
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,462 ✭✭
    nsxguy wrote:

    lanejsl wrote:


    So Phil uses the Flash last week and and completely sucked. Back to the Rouge this week and...?



    So Phil uses the Flash last week and and completely sucked. Back to the Rouge this week and...?




    Why do you say everything twice ?



    Why do you say everything twice ?




    “And then there was Jimmy Two Times, who got that nickname because he said everything twice, like, ‘I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.’”
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • Received my custom Epic Flash Sub Zero yesterday. Order said it would take 3-4 weeks but I received it in 7 days.
    2019 WITB
    Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub-Zero 10.5* - Project X Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
    3 Wood: Callaway Epic 15* - Aldila Rogue Max 85x
    2-PW: Callaway X-Prototype MBs - Project X 6.5 flighted
    52* Wedge: Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind
    58* Wedge: Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind
    Putter: Odyssey Jailbird Mini
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,462 ✭✭
    What's the consensus on ball speed with this Epic Flash? 1-2 MPH more than the Rogue?
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • Grip It & Rip It 82Grip It & Rip It 82 Members Posts: 177 ClubWRX


    Received my custom Epic Flash Sub Zero yesterday. Order said it would take 3-4 weeks but I received it in 7 days.




    Is the Evenflow black handcrafted? When you build it via callaway website and it shows a picture of the shaft when you add it to custom build, it shows the handcrafted logo



  • Received my custom Epic Flash Sub Zero yesterday. Order said it would take 3-4 weeks but I received it in 7 days.




    Is the Evenflow black handcrafted? When you build it via callaway website and it shows a picture of the shaft when you add it to custom build, it shows the handcrafted logo


    It is not handcrafted.



    On a side note, yesterday was my first chance to hit it outdoors. I’ve posted in threads that I thought the whole “loud sound” was a bit overstated. Well let me now say.....this thing is LOUD. Ear piercing actually. I think it will turn many people off.
    2019 WITB
    Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub-Zero 10.5* - Project X Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
    3 Wood: Callaway Epic 15* - Aldila Rogue Max 85x
    2-PW: Callaway X-Prototype MBs - Project X 6.5 flighted
    52* Wedge: Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind
    58* Wedge: Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind
    Putter: Odyssey Jailbird Mini
  • moorebaseballmoorebaseball Members Posts: 251 ✭✭




    Received my custom Epic Flash Sub Zero yesterday. Order said it would take 3-4 weeks but I received it in 7 days.




    Is the Evenflow black handcrafted? When you build it via callaway website and it shows a picture of the shaft when you add it to custom build, it shows the handcrafted logo


    It is not handcrafted.



    On a side note, yesterday was my first chance to hit it outdoors. I’ve posted in threads that I thought the whole “loud sound” was a bit overstated. Well let me now say.....this thing is LOUD. Ear piercing actually. I think it will turn many people off.




    This the only reason the subzero will not make it in the bag. This thing is an ear ringer! Perfection was within their grasp....so close.
  • UnderPar18UnderPar18 Previously Ecsugolf1 Members Posts: 5,629 ✭✭





    Received my custom Epic Flash Sub Zero yesterday. Order said it would take 3-4 weeks but I received it in 7 days.




    Is the Evenflow black handcrafted? When you build it via callaway website and it shows a picture of the shaft when you add it to custom build, it shows the handcrafted logo


    It is not handcrafted.



    On a side note, yesterday was my first chance to hit it outdoors. I’ve posted in threads that I thought the whole “loud sound” was a bit overstated. Well let me now say.....this thing is LOUD. Ear piercing actually. I think it will turn many people off.




    This the only reason the subzero will not make it in the bag. This thing is an ear ringer! Perfection was within their grasp....so close.




    Nothing is crazy loud about my Epic SZ. Have buddies compliment the sound actually. YMMV but I wouldn’t dismiss the driver and instead give it a shot.
  • cliffhangercliffhanger spruce grove albertaClubWRX Posts: 1,749 ClubWRX
    Did anyone going from the Rogue SZ to the the Epic Flash SZ happen to stick with the same shaft?


    Driver: M6 (10.5 deg) with Project X Smoke 60X playing at 45 inches
    3Wood: M6 (14 deg) with Project X Smoke 70X playing at 43 inches
    Hybrid: M6 #3 with KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95X
    4-GW: P760 with KBS Tour X (all bent 2 deg flat)
    HiToe Wedges: 56/10 and 60/10 (all bent 2 deg flat) with 2.0 hi-rev shafts
    Mullen 2 TP putter @ 34 inches 
    TP 5 ball 

     All grips 360 tour velvet burgundy with 1 extra wrap

    Sun mountain 4.5 stand bag

  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,907 ClubWRX






    This the only reason the subzero will not make it in the bag. This thing is an ear ringer! Perfection was within their grasp....so close.

    UnderPar18 wrote:






    Nothing is crazy loud about my Epic SZ. Have buddies compliment the sound actually. YMMV but I wouldn't dismiss the driver and instead give it a shot.




    I still want to know why we have such a wide discrepancy in sound from these heads. It's either a correction to the sound by Callaway, or there's considerable random variation in sound from manufacturing. But there's zero way that a Flash SZ such as my early Staff sample, which is loud as any driver I've ever heard, and the retail releases I've heard on course in my customer's hands that aren't nearly as loud can be the same. It's night and day, the same way people are giving completely conflicting descriptions of the sound in this (and other) threads and reviews online. But there is no way the loud heads could ever be described as a sound that could be "complimented". I don't quite understand it. Now I kind of wish I had stocked the Flash this year just so I could hit through the demos and see it myself.
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • cferguson5cferguson5 Boomer Sooner Members Posts: 140 ✭✭
    edited Feb 17, 2019 4:45pm #1310
    I hit a demo epic flash head today outdoors and I really didn't think it sounded bad at all. definitely not "ear piercing" as described by others experiences. I bought a g400 max a few months ago and it is so much louder than the flash. The main reason why I am even looking at other drivers is because the max is so loud. I thought the epic flash felt really great too. I hate the green and yellow color scheme though, its terrible.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PXG 0811XF 9 hzrdus yellow 65g 6.0[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 3 wood 15* Evenflow blue 75g 6.0[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-pw[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 50* 08 Vokey SM5[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 53* 08 Vokey SM6 F [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 58* 08 Vokey SM5 M[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Kari Lajosi DD201[/font]
  • Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,433 ✭✭
    Yeah it's not as bad outdoors but the SZ is definitely louder than the standard
  • Dscvrr St LouisDscvrr St Louis #CALLAWRX 12/12/12 & HOGAN Ft Worth ClubWRX Posts: 5,398 ✭✭
    Having fit a few staffers for their specs for their orders, I agree the 'Staff' heads seem louder, tested both the head the staffer got and the demos we have and the demos are quite a bit softer sounding. I think the first run driver heads came out louder, they heard about it and did a fix on the production models actually. None of my demos are even remotely loud enough to sound much different then the cobra or 410.
    Callaway Rogue SZ 8.0(9.0-N/-1), XPHLEXXX Agera Red Stripe Stiff, Veylix Rome 788, VA Composites Raijin 74 04
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15 Veylix 888 FM4 Matte Black, VA Composites Raijin 74 04
    Callaway BB Alpha 815 Hybrid 20*(Set to 19*)Veylix Rome 988 S
    Callaway X Forged 2017/Apex MB 2017 Modus 3 Tour 120 X
    Toulon Garage Long Island, Tad Moore Seve TM2(2017), Piretti Potenza Tour Only, Tad Moore TM4(2018), Tad Moore TM7 JV(1992), Ping ZB Vault 2.0
    Callaway MD4 54/58 Modus 3 125 Wedge/ Vega 50/54/58 Modus 125 Limited Blue


    WITB Link
  • xjohnxxjohnx Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭
    edited Feb 18, 2019 8:36am #1313
    Why not try the old cotton ball trick to deaden the sound a little? The front weight port should allow access into the head, right?
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,907 ClubWRX
    xjohnx wrote:
    Why not try the old cotton ball trick to deaden the sound a little? The front weight port should allow access into the head, right?




    Cottonball trick or even hot melt is fine for the few of us that know about it, but 9 out of 10 consumers have no idea that can be done or what it is. Those are the customers that wpuodsinply buy another similarly peforming club that sounds better, unless Callaway addressed the sound issue. Which it seems like they may have.
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • nikegolfer1983nikegolfer1983 Members Posts: 2,062 ✭✭
    cferguson5 wrote:


    I hit a demo epic flash head today outdoors and I really didn't think it sounded bad at all. definitely not "ear piercing" as described by others experiences. I bought a g400 max a few months ago and it is so much louder than the flash. The main reason why I am even looking at other drivers is because the max is so loud. I thought the epic flash felt really great too. I hate the green and yellow color scheme though, its terrible.






    I'd make you a great deal on an epic flash 9 degree driver if interested. I'm sticking with my epic from a few years back like the look and feel of my older model better
  • xjohnxxjohnx Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭
    chris975d wrote:

    xjohnx wrote:
    Why not try the old cotton ball trick to deaden the sound a little? The front weight port should allow access into the head, right?




    Cottonball trick or even hot melt is fine for the few of us that know about it, but 9 out of 10 consumers have no idea that can be done or what it is. Those are the customers that wpuodsinply buy another similarly peforming club that sounds better, unless Callaway addressed the sound issue. Which it seems like they may have.




    Yeah I totally agree with you. I meant to aim my post at the few that have mentioned this was the only reason this club isn't making it into their bags.
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,582 ✭✭
    xjohnx wrote:

    chris975d wrote:

    xjohnx wrote:
    Why not try the old cotton ball trick to deaden the sound a little? The front weight port should allow access into the head, right?




    Cottonball trick or even hot melt is fine for the few of us that know about it, but 9 out of 10 consumers have no idea that can be done or what it is. Those are the customers that wpuodsinply buy another similarly peforming club that sounds better, unless Callaway addressed the sound issue. Which it seems like they may have.




    Yeah I totally agree with you. I meant to aim my post at the few that have mentioned this was the only reason this club isn't making it into their bags.




    Don't cotton balls make the club non-conforming ?

    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 56* DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3, 64 DGS300

    Evnroll 1.2 (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • Rig14PortRig14Port Members Posts: 749 ✭✭
    edited Feb 18, 2019 2:20pm #1318
    I actually love how loud the sound is... I want the guys in my group or on the course near by to feel it when I've nutted one.



    Reminds me of my baseball days when a pitcher in the pin was 'poppin the mit' loud enough for the whole park to hear! Let em knew you're there big boy...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Epic Flash SZ 9* HZRDUS Smoke 70 6.5
    TM '17 M2 Tour 15* HZRDUS Smoke 80 6.5
    TM 17' M1 Rescue 19* Aldila ATX Green 105 TX
    PXG 0311T 4-PW DG TI X100
    Vokey SM7 Raw @ 51*, 55*, 59* DG TI S400
    Odyssey RSX 001
  • xjohnxxjohnx Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭
    nsxguy wrote:

    xjohnx wrote:

    chris975d wrote:

    xjohnx wrote:
    Why not try the old cotton ball trick to deaden the sound a little? The front weight port should allow access into the head, right?




    Cottonball trick or even hot melt is fine for the few of us that know about it, but 9 out of 10 consumers have no idea that can be done or what it is. Those are the customers that wpuodsinply buy another similarly peforming club that sounds better, unless Callaway addressed the sound issue. Which it seems like they may have.




    Yeah I totally agree with you. I meant to aim my post at the few that have mentioned this was the only reason this club isn't making it into their bags.




    Don't cotton balls make the club non-conforming ?




    I'm not sure actually. Think it would? I just remember it being a thing over the years to deaden the sound a little.
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members Posts: 7,040 ✭✭
    Not a Callaway driver guy so go easy.....the D setting increases lie angle....lie angle of the Flash SZ is 56*....what will the D setting lie angle be? I hit this vs F9 and my M3...also M5....F9 certainly was more muted but the Flash SZ just sounded explosive but not SQ Sumo /LV4 loud....this was obviously a demo head so take that for what it's worth ..... I think in proper setup the gains and confidence with FSZ are high potentiality for this old guy!
  • SwingBluesSwingBlues We are the Old Dark Navy Blues Members Posts: 3,442 ✭✭
    The sound will take time to get used to. I had the Flash SZ for 2 weeks now, still getting used to sound. A range with a roof will make the sound amplify & loud but in actual play on the tee box, it is more subdued. Still, this FSZ is loud and I am coming from the Epic GBB and owned Sumo, L4V and other "notoriously" loud past drivers. Been thinking of cotton balls but you you put that stuff in there, you ain't getting it out...and as for hot melt, I already have a 5gm and the sliding 12gm weight to a perfect D4.1 swing weight...
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 6-S finished 44.5"
    Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Honma 737 18* 5 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

    Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105 with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
    Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
    Directed Force Reno "2.05" with BGT Stability shaft (Presse V tweaked)


    Ball: Srixon XV, 2019 Taylormade TP-5x
    Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!
Sign In or Register to comment.