2018 World Cup of Golf

anthanth From the Land Down UnderMembers Posts: 2,774 ✭✭
Can’t find a thread so I guess I’ll start one.



https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/isps-handa-melbourne-world-cup-of-golf/field.html



Some good teams to follow with quality players (and also some players I’ve never really heard of before!)



My top picks: Aussies, US, Japan, England, Denmark



Worth a follow if you’re going: Belgium, Thailand, France, New Zealand



I’ll be there on Thursday and Friday. Will post some pictures (if I get any decent ones)
Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
Srixon Z 765/965 5 - PW
TaylorMade Milled Grind 50 & 54
TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi Toe 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
TaylorMade TP5
«13

Comments

  • pandrijczakpandrijczak Members Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Should be some good scoring, particularly in the fourballs.



    Course is in great nick (played in the Vic Foursomes there at the end of October) and with the rain we’re having right now it will only get greener.



    Will be interesting to see who gets out of the blocks early, hoping for a close event!
  • anthanth From the Land Down Under Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭
    Pity about the weather forecast! Looks like showers and cold all 4 days... 😡
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
    Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
    Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
    Srixon Z 765/965 5 - PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50 & 54
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi Toe 58
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    TaylorMade TP5
  • M4TTM4TT EnglandMembers Posts: 1,391 ✭✭
    Nothing but an exhibition and a nicely paid holiday for all the golfers.

    TAYLORMADE M3 RIP'D X 6.5
    COBRA F8 19* HZRDUS BLACK 6.5
    CALLAWAY XR PRO 23* PX 6.0
    TAYLORMADE R9 TP 5 IRON KBS S
    TAYLORMADE MC 6-PW KBS S TITLEIST SM6 52, 24, 56
    SCOTTY CAMERON 2018 NEWPORT
    TITLEIST PROV1 X
    CLICGEAR 3.5
    TITLEIST TOUR BAG


  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,633 ✭✭
    What a great course!
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,121 ✭✭
    Define "cold"....65 degrees?
  • pandrijczakpandrijczak Members Posts: 29 ✭✭
    elwhippy wrote:


    Define "cold"....65 degrees?




    According to Yahoo Weather currently, Oakleigh South (where Metro is) will have daily high’s between 13 & 19 degrees Celsius (56-66F) for the remainder of the week.
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,818 ✭✭
    anth wrote:


    Pity about the weather forecast! Looks like showers and cold all 4 days... ��




    Ordinarily that would help my countrymen but Knox and Laird have spent more time in the US that Scotland so I'm not buying it.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • NaBUru38NaBUru38 Members Posts: 788 ✭✭
    Too bad Emiliano Grillo isn't playing.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,716 ClubWRX
    None of them are playing Friday, the tournament is suspended so as not to interfere with the Phil/Tiger match.
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 4,766 ✭✭
    tenor.gif?itemid=11343604il-ngbr-05.gif





    because Pieters and Detry have a much better shot at winning this than we have beating Northwestern







    live long shot: Mexico, Ancer is on fire
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

    just say NO.... to practice swings
  • OutBackHackOutBackHack Members Posts: 910 ✭✭
  • pandrijczakpandrijczak Members Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Course could be quite soft in the morning, fair bit of rain going on tonight!
  • ThayneilThayneil Members Posts: 532 ✭✭
    MattyO1984 wrote:

    anth wrote:


    Pity about the weather forecast! Looks like showers and cold all 4 days... ��




    Ordinarily that would help my countrymen but Knox and Laird have spent more time in the US that Scotland so I'm not buying it.




    Maybe if it was Paul Lawrie and Richie Ramsay



    they would be complaining about the heat!
  • anthanth From the Land Down Under Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭
    4th hole Par 5.
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
    Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
    Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
    Srixon Z 765/965 5 - PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50 & 54
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi Toe 58
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    TaylorMade TP5
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,633 ✭✭
    Those sandbelt bunker edges are one of the most beautiful things in the game.
  • anthanth From the Land Down Under Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭
    edited Nov 21, 2018 #17
    Approach into par 4 5th
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
    Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
    Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
    Srixon Z 765/965 5 - PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50 & 54
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi Toe 58
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    TaylorMade TP5
  • anthanth From the Land Down Under Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭
    Par 5 7th tee
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
    Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
    Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
    Srixon Z 765/965 5 - PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50 & 54
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi Toe 58
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    TaylorMade TP5
  • Dave230Dave230 Members Posts: 3,769 ✭✭
    Would have been better if Tiger/Phil were a team here rather than playing The Match. Times change but they would have been following in the footsteps of Nicklaus-Palmer, Palmer-Snead and so many other great winning teams over the years, rather than playing in the obscene money match.
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,633 ✭✭
    Dave230 wrote:


    Would have been better if Tiger/Phil were a team here rather than playing The Match. Times change but they would have been following in the footsteps of Nicklaus-Palmer, Palmer-Snead and so many other great winning teams over the years, rather than playing in the obscene money match.




    Would have liked to see Spieth and Reed image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,633 ✭✭
    Happy thanksgiving guys!



    DslOpXwUwAAU18N.jpg
  • HankshankHankshank Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭
    edited Nov 22, 2018 #22
    Must say I'm surprised that the field is as strong as it is. OK, not the top 2 best in every country but still surprisingly strong teams for many nations, considering it's off season, and the guys involved cannot be enlisted only with petty cash appearance money. Either this ISPS is really solid, or the guys must really like the tournament and the venue. One would think that they should spend some time with their loved ones, now that all tours are done with. That would be the short term goal for me if I had that kind of golf in me. To live la dolce vita exactly like myself and my family wants to after all that travelling. From November to March.



    But maybe, they think in terms of retiring for la dolce vita for decade after decade once they quit at 40, then they need to stack up dolores all year round to make the cash last the remaining lifetime. But Langer still seems to take some interest in travelling around. He cannot possibly have the dough as inspiration?
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,633 ✭✭
    Hankshank wrote:


    Must say I'm surprised that the field is as strong as it is. OK, not the top 2 best in every country but still surprisingly strong teams for many nations, considering it's off season, and the guys involved cannot be enlisted only with petty cash appearance money. Either this ISPS is really solid, or the guys must really like the tournament and the venue. One would think that they should spend some time with their loved ones, now that all tours are done with. That would be the short term goal for me if I had that kind of golf in me. To live la dolce vita exactly like myself and my family wants to after all that travelling. From November to March.



    But maybe, they think in terms of retiring for la dolce vita for decade after decade once they quit at 40, then they need to stack up dolores all year round to make the cash last the remaining lifetime. But Langer still seems to take some interest in travelling around. He cannot possibly have the dough as inspiration?




    In Italy it's very cold, so maybe they shifted doing the Dolce Vita later on image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> plus, course it's fantastic!
  • HankshankHankshank Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭
    edited Nov 22, 2018 #24
    imakaveli wrote:

    Hankshank wrote:


    Must say I'm surprised that the field is as strong as it is. OK, not the top 2 best in every country but still surprisingly strong teams for many nations, considering it's off season, and the guys involved cannot be enlisted only with petty cash appearance money. Either this ISPS is really solid, or the guys must really like the tournament and the venue. One would think that they should spend some time with their loved ones, now that all tours are done with. That would be the short term goal for me if I had that kind of golf in me. To live la dolce vita exactly like myself and my family wants to after all that travelling. From November to March.



    But maybe, they think in terms of retiring for la dolce vita for decade after decade once they quit at 40, then they need to stack up dolores all year round to make the cash last the remaining lifetime. But Langer still seems to take some interest in travelling around. He cannot possibly have the dough as inspiration?




    In Italy it's very cold, so maybe they shifted doing the Dolce Vita later on image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> plus, course it's fantastic!


    If you look at the courses those guys have played this year, one would guess that a course must be pretty d*mn fantastic to make them take the plane all the way to Australia. And, its not very cold in Italy. Maybe on the mountain tops. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,633 ✭✭
    Hankshank wrote:

    imakaveli wrote:

    Hankshank wrote:


    Must say I'm surprised that the field is as strong as it is. OK, not the top 2 best in every country but still surprisingly strong teams for many nations, considering it's off season, and the guys involved cannot be enlisted only with petty cash appearance money. Either this ISPS is really solid, or the guys must really like the tournament and the venue. One would think that they should spend some time with their loved ones, now that all tours are done with. That would be the short term goal for me if I had that kind of golf in me. To live la dolce vita exactly like myself and my family wants to after all that travelling. From November to March.



    But maybe, they think in terms of retiring for la dolce vita for decade after decade once they quit at 40, then they need to stack up dolores all year round to make the cash last the remaining lifetime. But Langer still seems to take some interest in travelling around. He cannot possibly have the dough as inspiration?




    In Italy it's very cold, so maybe they shifted doing the Dolce Vita later on image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> plus, course it's fantastic!


    If you look at the courses those guys have played this year, one would guess that a course must be pretty d*mn fantastic to make them take the plane all the way to Australia. And, its not very cold in Italy. Maybe on the mountain tops. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />




    The majority are boring resort courses, nothing compared to the sandbelt 😎
  • ShilgyShilgy Members Posts: 11,399 ✭✭
    Hawkeye77 wrote:


    None of them are playing Friday, the tournament is suspended so as not to interfere with the Phil/Tiger match.
    We'll teach you about time zones. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />.



    Oh wait, are you a flat earther? 🌎
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

    To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened . :)

    Game is recovering from total ankle replacement. Getting there and glad to be pain free!
  • OutBackHackOutBackHack Members Posts: 910 ✭✭
    edited Nov 22, 2018 #27
    Shilgy wrote:

    Hawkeye77 wrote:


    None of them are playing Friday, the tournament is suspended so as not to interfere with the Phil/Tiger match.
    We'll teach you about time zones. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />.



    Oh wait, are you a flat earther? 🌎




    The Flat Earth Society claim to have members all over the globe.
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 9,860 ✭✭
    imakaveli wrote:


    Happy thanksgiving guys!



    DslOpXwUwAAU18N.jpg
    would that be Rose in the back ground smirking ?
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • anthanth From the Land Down Under Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭
    Not so lucky with the weather today. It should clear later this morning...



    Hopefully!



    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
    Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
    Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
    Srixon Z 765/965 5 - PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50 & 54
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi Toe 58
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    TaylorMade TP5
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,564 ClubWRX
    course loos awesome. would love to play in Aussieland one day
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,564 ClubWRX
    horrible back nine for team USA, vomit.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
Sign In or Register to comment.