Which Rangefinder to buy?

I need help as I have no idea where to start if I want to buy a rangefinder? I know Bushnell and Nikon are the most popular ones. Would like one which also has slope calculation in the yardage as well.

Please advise...

Thanks

Amit
Tagged:

Comments

• ChristopherMcDonaldChristopherMcDonald Members Posts: 2,396 ✭✭
    I have had a lot of good luck with the tec tec tec available on Amazon. Has both slope and non-slope versions available. Competitively priced as well. I use the non-slope version and have never been off more than 1-2 yards in comparison to Bushnell and Leuopold devices

https://www.amazon.com/TecTecTec-Laser-Rangefinder-VPRO500S-Battery/dp/B00UR4TEI8/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1542739241&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=tectectec&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/TecTecTec-VPRO500-Golf-Rangefinder-Binoculars/dp/B00OMXN0Z8/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1542739241&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=tectectec&psc=1
    King LTD Rogue 95 MSI
    2007 Burner 3 Wood Aldila Serrano 75
    2007 Burner 5 Wood Aldila Serrano 75
    Taylormade Jetspeed Hybrid True Temper Project X 6.0
    Adams XTD Tour 5-GW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Custom Cameron & Crown 5MB
    Wilson Staff Duo
  • kcd38kcd38 Members Posts: 270 ClubWRX
    Check out the Pinned Rangefinder. Performs like the ushnell for much less $
    WITB:
    Driver - PING G400 LST 8.5, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0
    3 Wood - PING G400 14.5, Ping Tour 75 S
    Hybrid - Ping G410 19 degree, Tensei CK Blue 80 HY or Taylormade P790 UDI, HZRDUS Black 6.0
    4-PW - Mizuno MP 18 MMC 4 iron, Mizuno MP 18 SC 5-PW, KBS C Taper 130 x
    Wedges - Vokey SM7 52 F, 56 F, 60 D (bent to 51, 55)
    Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • SAMITKSSAMITKS Members Posts: 8 ✭✭

I have had a lot of good luck with the tec tec tec available on Amazon. Has both slope and non-slope versions available. Competitively priced as well. I use the non-slope version and have never been off more than 1-2 yards in comparison to Bushnell and Leuopold devices

https://www.amazon.c...tectectec&psc=1

Thank you, I think I am gonna go with the slope one. I appreciate your help.
  • ChristopherMcDonaldChristopherMcDonald Members Posts: 2,396 ✭✭
    SAMITKS wrote:

Thank you, I think I am gonna go with the slope one. I appreciate your help.

Best of luck let us know how you like it!
    King LTD Rogue 95 MSI
    2007 Burner 3 Wood Aldila Serrano 75
    2007 Burner 5 Wood Aldila Serrano 75
    Taylormade Jetspeed Hybrid True Temper Project X 6.0
    Adams XTD Tour 5-GW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Custom Cameron & Crown 5MB
    Wilson Staff Duo
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers Posts: 2,274 ✭✭
    I will buy the new version of the Bushnell X2 when it is released at the start of next year. was very hard not to buy the X2 this summer.
    • Taylormade M3 8.5* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M2 Tour 14* Speeder TS 8.2X
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
  • GolfNuts4GolfNuts4 Posts: 711 ✭✭
    Look at MG Golf, I have been using their rangefinder for 2 years and completely happy and only $119..00
    Callaway Rogue 10.5* Driver
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
    Callaway Big Bertha (2004) 5 wood
    Ping G30 4 Hybrid
    Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Irons 5-GW
    Titleist Vokey Wedges 56/60
    Scotty Cameron Monterey
  • GSDriverGSDriver Members Posts: 576 ✭✭
    edited Nov 20, 2018 #8
    Whatever you can find on sale, closeout, last year's model, etc.

Having owned my share of these, I'd go with Nikon, who also makes for Callaway and likely others. My current Cally/Nikon is 10 years old and still works perfectly, my Bushnell's were good for 2-3 years tops.

A buddy has the slope version, it's really not that helpful. If can live without, and going Bushnell, buy a hunting version for half of what they want for the 'golf' version, internals are the same.

YMMV
    Epic Speeder 661
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 56/60
    Odyssey 7S
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX Posts: 6,841 ClubWRX
    Have previously used Leupold...great rangefinders. When that eventually failed (had it for 10+ years), I tried the Precision Pro...for the money...it's a great little rangefinder.
  • gee2626gee2626 Posts: 146 ✭✭
    I've been happy with my Precision Pro rangefinder. There's a sale on them right now. Use promo code: GOLFWRX, and you'll save another $20 on the sale price I think. Great value!

Also cool they replace your rangefinder battery for life.
    My WITB
    Taylormade 2016 M1 9.5º
    Cobra F6 Baffler 16º
    Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid 19º, 22º, 25º
    Srixon Z545 (6 to PW)
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50º, 54º
    Taylormade Hi Toe 58º
    Taylormade Tour Black Spider
    Titleist ProV1
  • propmanpropman Members Posts: 1,698 ✭✭
    No reason to pay big $$ for these things. Go with either the MG or Precision models. I have a Leupold - it's ok nothing special. I know 3 guys who have either the MG or Precision models - they are happy with them plus they are alot less $$ than Bushnells or Leupolds.

I'm not convinced these name brands are worth the big $$. After all, it's just a range finder.
    15 hcp
  • delmerdelmer ClubWRX Posts: 439 ClubWRX
    I had the Leupold GX4i3 and I've got the Bushnell X2 now. Both of them are great. The one thing I miss is that we use it occasionally to judge pinballs that are outside of a couple flagsticks and the X2 doesn't give you tenths of a yard but over all it is solid. I play in a lot of tournaments so the slope function switch is really nice.
  • llamontllamont Members Posts: 1,823 ✭✭
    I have the Precision Pro w/slope and it’s been very accurate and reliable!
    I love golf
  • @_the_crook@_the_crook Posts: 609 ✭✭
    we use the TekTek VPro500.

works fine. not pricey.

partner has a Garmin watch.

good combo.
    currently playing:
    Steelhead III , FT-5 - D
    Warbirds, 3+, 4
    Hogan BH-5, 3-PW
    Wilson DynaPowered SW
    Ping Anser
    it works

when I need a change, there are 12 bags full to choose from .
  • ModadModad Members Posts: 47 ✭✭
    A couple of threads out there that discuss the Leupold and their lifetime warranty. I had a 3 year old Leupold I sent in for repair and received back the latest edition with slope!
    Cobra F8 Tour AD 6S @ 44"
    BioCell FW EvenFlow Blue 75 6.0
    BioCell 19, 22, 25* hybrids
    Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal- Nippon Modus 3 105s
    Cleveland CG12 DSG 56*& 60*
    Spider Tour Red
  • High Plains DriverHigh Plains Driver Chip Yipper Extraordinaire Members Posts: 2,377 ✭✭
    I played with a guy who had a Precision Pro NX7 and I tried it numerous times against my Bushnell Tour V3. When my V3 bites the dust, either the NX7 or NX7 Pro will be my next laser rangefinder.
    I am not brand loyal. I am just seriously OCD.

[font=georgia,serif]Driver: Taylormade M4
    Fairway: Taylormade M4 3HL
    Hybrid: Taylormade M4 19°
    Irons: Taylormade M1 4-P
    Wedges: Taylormade ATV 50°, 56° (bent to 55°), and 60°
    Putter: Taylormade DA-12/Taylormade Spider/Taylormade Est 79 TM-110
    Ball: Taylormade Tour Preferred X/TP5X
    [/font]
  • 2Down2Down Members Posts: 140
    I used to use a Leupold. I now use a Nikon with VR. makes a huge difference for me as I can now hold it still and acquire pretty much anything.

Nice to pick up pins several hundred yards out to plan a layup

Good luck
    Ping G400 Lst 10° Mitsubishi Kuro Kage SIlver Dual Core Ti-Ni
    Titliest 915 15° Mitsubishi blue S
    Bridgestone 19° Mitsubishi Fubuki S
    Adams 9031 23° Mitsubishi diamana S
    Mizuno MP5 5-W KBS tour 120 S
    Mizuno T6 50°
    Mizuno T7 54°
    Ping es 58° sw
    ping Fetch
  • jwortsmanjwortsman Posts: 203 ✭✭
    I was able to acquire a Bushnell with slope at Dicks using a 20% off coupon, so made it worthwhile for me. Something else I learned a while back is that you don't have to get a golf specific rangefinder. You could get a hunting one (generally cheaper) and set it to "First Target" mode which is all the golf rangefinders are.
  • ShilgyShilgy Members Posts: 11,298 ✭✭
    Precision Pro is the way to go imo. And you get a discount from a supporter of this forum to boot!

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1627018-new-pp-nx7-pro-vs-used-bushnell-tourx/
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened . :)

Game is recovering from total ankle replacement. Getting there and glad to be pain free!
  • vartanickvartanick Posts: 142 ✭✭
    For th money, I don’t think you get a better than the precision pro, really great performance.
  • GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members Posts: 11,643 ✭✭

+1 for TecTecTec. I got one as a replacement gift for a lost Bushnell and ended up pleasantly surprised. My first one had an odd bug where it wouldn't read out the yardage, but two emails and two days later I had a replacement delivered. Their customer service was great to deal with.
    M4 9.5°, Ventus 7x
    Mizuno ST-180 16°, Atmos Blue 8x
    Mizuno CLK  19°, Recoil Hybrid 95
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Mizuno S18  50.07, 54.08 & 58.08
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

• MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Members Posts: 2,589 ✭✭
    Precision Pro with slope and save a few bucks.
    Cobra LTD Pro HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Srixon Z U45 18, 20, 23 () (Testing Cobra F8 and Ping G 3 hybrids)
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX 7-PW, and Nike Vapor Fly 4-6 irons)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX wedges 48, 52, 56 bent to 50, 54, 58)
    YES Milly - 100gm TLP. (Testing Ping Ketsch Mid)
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,929 ✭✭
    edited Nov 21, 2018 #23
    I own the CaddyTec another good very reasonably priced model. It’s worked fine all season for me no complaints.
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump! ClubWRX Posts: 2,152
    I own the Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized. Best I ever owned.
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • bradskibradski Members Posts: 2,319 ✭✭

This one is solid for sure
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump! ClubWRX Posts: 2,152
    bradski wrote:

I like it because is really compact and I can use it with polarized sunglasses without a problem.
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Members Posts: 2,589 ✭✭

bradski wrote:

I like it because is really compact and I can use it with polarized sunglasses without a problem.

I stopped wearing polarized sunglasses on the course when I found out they can affect depth perception.
    Cobra LTD Pro HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Srixon Z U45 18, 20, 23 () (Testing Cobra F8 and Ping G 3 hybrids)
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX 7-PW, and Nike Vapor Fly 4-6 irons)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX wedges 48, 52, 56 bent to 50, 54, 58)
    YES Milly - 100gm TLP. (Testing Ping Ketsch Mid)
  • SkyGolf88SkyGolf88 Members Posts: 16
    I’m going to buy the precision pro if the price comes down on Black Friday. I understand it is reasonably priced compared to other range finders but range finder prices are too high to start with.

Looks like a good range finder and they seem to have good customer service
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers Posts: 2,274 ✭✭
    SkyGolf88 wrote:

I'm going to buy the precision pro if the price comes down on Black Friday. I understand it is reasonably priced compared to other range finders but range finder prices are too high to start with.

Looks like a good range finder and they seem to have good customer service

its already on sale, so tempting but I still want to see what the new X2 looks like.
    • Taylormade M3 8.5* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M2 Tour 14* Speeder TS 8.2X
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
  • cavallothemancavallotheman Members Posts: 45
    Nikon coolshot 20 is $150 tomorrow

Cannot beat that
  • SC4lifeSC4life Members Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Big Ben wrote:

I own the CaddyTec another good very reasonably priced model. It's worked fine all season for me no complaints.

I just bought the Caddy Tec from Costco for $129 online. I have used it one round and I am very impressed. Coming from the Bushnell 1500 the size is something I have to get used to but that is a good thing. Fits better in the bag. It does everything that my previous rangefinder does plus it has slope.