A Euro Tour player bag unlike any other

Comments

• gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,568 ClubWRX
    Wet towel all day will keep ur clubs clean.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • sevenfouratesevenfourate Devotee of OCD ENGLAND.Members Posts: 1,882 ✭✭
    edited Nov 25, 2018 #33
    I used to think golf was about posting the lowest number you can. Irrespective of whether you have irons covers, brushes, ball-scoops, a weird routine or unusual clothing.

Then i joined WRX. Where a Tour Winner gets mocked.......
    Regards - 'Shuv'

PING G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    TAYLORMADE UDi No 4 (23 degree) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY X22 Tour Irons (5 - PW) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) - DG PRO S300
    RIFE Iconic Tour Vault 3 : Flow-Neck - 340g / 34.75"
    TAYLORMADE TP5 Golf Ball ←NEW 2019 Version→

SHUV'S WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...l-and-now-2016/
  • ChillyDipperChillyDipper Members Posts: 1,024 ✭✭

So if I understand you correctly, you have a 3 step process after you hit each club: 1) spray club head,2) scrub club head with brush and 3) dry clubhead with towel. WHEW!!

You say it's only 15 seconds per club, but multiply that times 90 shots and you've just added another 25-30 mins to everyone's round. Then everyone else in your foursome starts doing the same and you've got a complete cluster F.

No offense, but the guys in my group wouldn't stand for that, nor would most golfers.

We have a guy in our group that started to use the little brush bucket at the side of the cart to clean his clubs after EVERY shot and then that morphed into a process of hit, scrub, dry etc after every shot. There is simply no need to clean a club after each and every shot and to that level.

There's a reason processional caddies simply carry a towel. One side wet, one side dry. Looks professional and it works.

it's possible he does it while others are playing their shots, which would add approximately 0 minutes to the overall round.
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]WIMB:[/font]
    [font="trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif"]Callaway Epic Subzero[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping G 3W[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 712U - 2i [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]VR Pro Blade - 3-9 [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey SM6 - GW SW LW[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]SC Newport 2 - AOP [/font]
  • lchanglchang Posts: 536 ClubWRX
    I hold no grudge against people using a club brush. By personally, I just use a little spit and cursory rub with a towel. Seems quite clean to me after that.
  • OutBackHackOutBackHack Members Posts: 902 ✭✭
    So is he using Taylor Made irons? He's wearing a Titleist cap.... Don't know how he gets away with any of that
  • North TexasNorth Texas Members Posts: 3,999 ✭✭
    edited Nov 25, 2018 #37

So if I understand you correctly, you have a 3 step process after you hit each club: 1) spray club head,2) scrub club head with brush and 3) dry clubhead with towel. WHEW!!

You say it's only 15 seconds per club, but multiply that times 90 shots and you've just added another 25-30 mins to everyone's round. Then everyone else in your foursome starts doing the same and you've got a complete cluster F.

No offense, but the guys in my group wouldn't stand for that, nor would most golfers.

We have a guy in our group that started to use the little brush bucket at the side of the cart to clean his clubs after EVERY shot and then that morphed into a process of hit, scrub, dry etc after every shot. There is simply no need to clean a club after each and every shot and to that level.

There's a reason processional caddies simply carry a towel. One side wet, one side dry. Looks professional and it works.

it's possible he does it while others are playing their shots, which would add approximately 0 minutes to the overall round.

Duh. Yep, as he said he probably has plenty of time while the other wannabe "pros" are going through their pre-shot routine.

Not to mention that he's not hitting 90 irons shots.
  • OutBackHackOutBackHack Members Posts: 902 ✭✭

So is he using Taylor Made irons? He's wearing a Titleist cap.... Don't know how he gets away with any of that

So watching the replay, def playing TM irons.

Can't think of any other instance where a player wears a Titleist hat but doesn't use their irons.

• new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members Posts: 3,309 ClubWRX
    At least he's not using a groove sharpener after every shot. I never saw a pro with iron covers, could be a trendsetter
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
    Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • DON SVODON SVO Hacker in progress... Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,060 ✭✭

Anyone else lick their grooves clean?

The last time I licked a dirty groove it took 2 weeks’ worth of penicillin to get right again.
    A bag of left-handed junk.
    Driver: 2016 Taylormade M2 Kai'li 70x
    3W: TM R11 15* Kai'li 70x
    3H: Adams Super XTD Aldila Proto 95x
    4-PW: Mizuno MP-32 satin PX 6.5
    59, 56, 53: Callaway Mack Daddy, PX 6.0
    Cameron Newport 1.5
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,068 ✭✭
    Aran was using a pair of Mac Wet gloves. They are light years ahead of any other rain gloves in performance and no more than £25 a pair. An awesome product. Unlike the iron covers.
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,151 ✭✭

radiman wrote:

IHFN wrote:

Yeah, I didn't realize that having clean clubs wasn't cool these days. It still amazes me how many people don't realize that it's not golf balls that wear down grooves. It's the dirt in between the club and the ball that causes wear.

I couldn't imagine what a wedge would look like after an entire round without cleaning it. Would there be any visible grooves, or would they be covered in dirt?

Now true story. I usually don't clean my sand and lob wedge grooves. Helps control spin . Sometimes so caked I have to wet it first to loosen the dirt up. Lol.

Tools not jewels.
    And I darn sure ain't going to clean the grooves on my 3 and 4 irons--- And you know why Blade
    Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stock Regular shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Diamana Reg
    Irons 3 thru 9 KZG Kyoei Forged CB 1st generation Swing Science 400 Graphite Senior flex
    PW Cleveland Special 588 45* bent to 47* Stock Cleveland Steel Shaft
    SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore S-300 ( old dependable)
    Putter- 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Bulls Eye fluted shaft rusty and lead taped as heck named "Rusty"
    Bag-- Jones Classic non stand
    Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want **** the USGA & R&A
    Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
    Vintage
    Toney Penna Model 1 Aldila HM-40
    3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
    Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green or 1980 Macgregor VIP 3 thru PW Hogan Apex #2 shafts " The famous Bastardized Macs"
    PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
    SW Macgregor LRA 56* S-400 DJ Special-- Will rotate out when old dependable does not behave
    Putter ( subject to change) Lil David 8802
    Bag Old School Power Bilt orange mini staff
  • dbleagdbleag Members Posts: 2,876 ✭✭
    Like the Club Pro Guy, he's using the iron covers so that he gets the best resale on eBay or BST.

Smart guy.

Sells/resells lots of his ho'ing experiments.
  • boggymanboggyman Members Posts: 2,541 ✭✭
    Putter looks like an old Heavy Putter.
  • 300_yard_drives300_yard_drives Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,177 ✭✭

So watching the replay, def playing TM irons.

Can't think of any other instance where a player wears a Titleist hat but doesn't use their irons.

Happens quite a bit for non mainstream guys especially on smaller tours like Asian Tour. Probably a hat/ball/glove deal with titleist.
  • c7015c7015 Members Posts: 2,078 ✭✭
    Let's see the irons uncovered, I want to know if those things are really protecting the clubs from dings or if you get just as many because of the rocky ground etc.
    915 D3 Rip Phenom 70g (S Flex)
    913 FD 3 wood Whiteboard (X Flex)
    915 F 5 wood Blueboard (S Flex)
    712 U 4 Iron | 714 AP2 5 Iron
    714cb 6-PW
    Vokey 52, 56, 60
    SC Newport 2.5
  • Jordan SpeethJordan Speeth ClubWRX Posts: 1,084 ClubWRX
    If you didn't notice, though he's a great young player, he takes the label "power nerd" to a whole new level. Fitzpatrick couldn't even bear to look during the final round.
    Cobra F8+ Driver 9.5*- XCaliber Superlite 45 S
    Callaway XR Pro 16* FW- Handcrafted PX LZ 6.0
    Ping G400 17* 2-Hybrid- Xcaliber Superlite Stiff
    Ping G 22* Hybrid- Altus S- Xcaliber Superlite Stiff
    Callaway Apex/Pro Combo 5-Gap- Recoil 760 Smacwrap
    Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 52*/10, 56*/12- KBS Black Tour Custom-S
    Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 56- KBS Black Tour Custom-S
    Odyssey White Hot #7 38"- Superstroke Tank Slim 13"
    Golf Pride MCC Grips
    Bridgestone Tour B330
    MG Elite Glove
    2018 Ping Hoofer, Eliott Alistair Leather Bag
  • Jordan SpeethJordan Speeth ClubWRX Posts: 1,084 ClubWRX
    BIG STU wrote:

radiman wrote:

IHFN wrote:

Yeah, I didn't realize that having clean clubs wasn't cool these days. It still amazes me how many people don't realize that it's not golf balls that wear down grooves. It's the dirt in between the club and the ball that causes wear.

I couldn't imagine what a wedge would look like after an entire round without cleaning it. Would there be any visible grooves, or would they be covered in dirt?

Now true story. I usually don't clean my sand and lob wedge grooves. Helps control spin . Sometimes so caked I have to wet it first to loosen the dirt up. Lol.

Tools not jewels.
    And I darn sure ain't going to clean the grooves on my 3 and 4 irons--- And you know why Blade

Same, but you don't want anything lumpy on the club face, of course. I "squeegee" the dirt off the face and into the grooves with the toe of my shoe. For shots that require spin, they get the wet towel to clean the grooves. The cheaper the towel, the better...scratchey terrycloth works best, like the back side of my Tour Issue JaniKing towel ;-).
    Cobra F8+ Driver 9.5*- XCaliber Superlite 45 S
    Callaway XR Pro 16* FW- Handcrafted PX LZ 6.0
    Ping G400 17* 2-Hybrid- Xcaliber Superlite Stiff
    Ping G 22* Hybrid- Altus S- Xcaliber Superlite Stiff
    Callaway Apex/Pro Combo 5-Gap- Recoil 760 Smacwrap
    Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 52*/10, 56*/12- KBS Black Tour Custom-S
    Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 56- KBS Black Tour Custom-S
    Odyssey White Hot #7 38"- Superstroke Tank Slim 13"
    Golf Pride MCC Grips
    Bridgestone Tour B330
    MG Elite Glove
    2018 Ping Hoofer, Eliott Alistair Leather Bag
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,630 ✭✭

BIG STU wrote:

radiman wrote:

IHFN wrote:

Tools not jewels.

Same, but you don't want anything lumpy on the club face, of course. I "squeegee" the dirt off the face and into the grooves with the toe of my shoe. For shots that require spin, they get the wet towel to clean the grooves. The cheaper the towel, the better...scratchey terrycloth works best, like the back side of my Tour Issue JaniKing towel ;-).

Hotel pool towels for life
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • kozubskozubs Posts: 269 ✭✭

Nope but I lick my balls clean all the time. Wife is always yelling at me for doing that in public.
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,802 ✭✭
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members Posts: 3,309 ClubWRX
    Konklifer wrote:

Bad enough a pro is using iron covers but to use fake ones is even worse.
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
    Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump! ClubWRX Posts: 2,152
    edited Nov 26, 2018 #53
    new2g0lf wrote:

Konklifer wrote:

Bad enough a pro is using iron covers but to use fake ones is even worse.

Oh yes, yes, it is so bad and reprehensible that prevented him from winning on the European Tour. Have you, by any chance, own one of those tour titles? I will bet not, lol.....
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
    Konklifer wrote:

The good ol’ “heard from” routine. No evidence, therefore irrelevant.
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,802 ✭✭
    edited Nov 26, 2018 #55

Konklifer wrote:

The good ol’ “heard from” routine. No evidence, therefore irrelevant.

Wall has the best contacts in the industry. I'll take his "heard from" any day over the multitude of yahoos on here whose "rep told them".
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • cdncdn Members Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Those seem to be legit, I just found them at Carl's Golfland https://www.carlsgolfland.com/taylormade-iron-headcovers-white.....might have to get a set!

Cobra S3 s flex
    Cleveland Mashie 3,4 hybrid s flex
    Callaway Big Bertha 2014 6-PW, s flex
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 54°
    TM Itsy Bitsy Spider
    Callaway Chrome Soft

cdn wrote:

Those seem to be legit, I just found them at Carl's Golfland https://www.carlsgolfland.com/taylormade-iron-headcovers-white.....might have to get a set!

Thanks! So much for "heard from", lol...
  • HotdoctaHotdocta Members Posts: 239 ✭✭
    radiman wrote:

radiman wrote:

And is that a ball retriever and one of those little scrub brushes for your irons i see attached on his bag as well?

I’m betting against him after seeing those headcovers.

Is the brush in the same league as iron covers and ball retrievers now?

Most definitely.

One of those “you know you’re in for a long day” sorts of things when you see a guy with one. Played with a guy a few wks ago who cleaned his irons with that little wire brush after EVERY shot.

Then proceeded to shoot about 105🤪

Lol, that is news to me. But, if you don't have one, how do you clean your irons/wedges during a round?

Would seem more difficult to dig dirt out of the grooves with a tee that doesn't fit wouldn't it?

I admittedly use one. Always have. Everyone I know does. This is the first I've heard it mentioned in the same e breath as a ball retriever. Seems too convenient to get the sand, dirt, and grass out of the grooves with a couple swipes.

I use one too! I play 18 in 3 hrs and hate slow play
  • the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,198 ✭✭
    DON SVO wrote:

The last time I licked a dirty groove it took 2 weeks' worth of penicillin to get right again.

To be clear "2 weeks worth of penicillin to get right again." For you or the club?
    Dynacraft Avatar Evolution 10.5* - Proforce V2 HL - S
    TM M1 Tour Issue 14* - Maltby ProSeries Fwy - S
    W/S FG Tour F5 20*/23* - Fubuki  z80 Hybrid - S
    W/S FG62 5-P - DGS300
    W/S PMP Raw 52/56/60 - KBS  Hi-Rev 2.0
    Scotty Newport Mil-Spec Pro Platinum
  • MixedBagMixedBag Members Posts: 1,489 ClubWRX
    radiman wrote:

And is that a ball retriever and one of those little scrub brushes for your irons i see attached on his bag as well?

I'm betting against him after seeing those headcovers.

I didn't realize this was a big deal until a few months ago when my new instructor was poking fun at one of the new kids. This guy played on tour and just started laughing. Funny thing is, this is the best kid in our group.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]M1 10.5 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] F9 3/4[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]F9 5/6[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] AMP Cell 4/5h[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] CG16 5-PW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Grindworks[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 86 Series - 50* and 56*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sunset Beach[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 60*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM Chaska (silver) / Lajosi mid-mallet prototype[/font]
    MixedBag wrote:

radiman wrote:

I'm betting against him after seeing those headcovers.

I didn't realize this was a big deal until a few months ago when my new instructor was poking fun at one of the new kids. This guy played on tour and just started laughing. Funny thing is, this is the best kid in our group.

Well, I hope that kid leaves your instructor. Sounds like a tool player, not a tour player.