A Euro Tour player bag unlike any other

Comments

• the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,198 ✭✭
    Konklifer wrote:

Konklifer wrote:

The good ol’ “heard from” routine. No evidence, therefore irrelevant.

Wall has the best contacts in the industry. I'll take his "heard from" any day over the multitude of yahoos on here whose "rep told them".

The vaunted WRX'er "inside source".
    Dynacraft Avatar Evolution 10.5* - Proforce V2 HL - S
    TM M1 Tour Issue 14* - Maltby ProSeries Fwy - S
    W/S FG Tour F5 20*/23* - Fubuki  z80 Hybrid - S
    W/S FG62 5-P - DGS300
    W/S PMP Raw 52/56/60 - KBS  Hi-Rev 2.0
    Scotty Newport Mil-Spec Pro Platinum
  • MixedBagMixedBag Members Posts: 1,489 ClubWRX

MixedBag wrote:

radiman wrote:

And is that a ball retriever and one of those little scrub brushes for your irons i see attached on his bag as well?

I'm betting against him after seeing those headcovers.

Is the brush in the same league as iron covers and ball retrievers now?

I didn't realize this was a big deal until a few months ago when my new instructor was poking fun at one of the new kids. This guy played on tour and just started laughing. Funny thing is, this is the best kid in our group.

Well, I hope that kid leaves your instructor. Sounds like a tool player, not a tour player.

well, you could tell he was just joking and the "kid" is like 27
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]M1 10.5 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] F9 3/4[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]F9 5/6[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] AMP Cell 4/5h[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] CG16 5-PW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Grindworks[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 86 Series - 50* and 56*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sunset Beach[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 60*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM Chaska (silver) / Lajosi mid-mallet prototype[/font]
  • Swisstrader98Swisstrader98 Members Posts: 3,511 ✭✭
    GSDriver wrote:

radiman wrote:

And is that a ball retriever and one of those little scrub brushes for your irons i see attached on his bag as well?

Most definitely.

One of those "you know you're in for a long day" sorts of things when you see a guy with one. Played with a guy a few wks ago who cleaned his irons with that little wire brush after EVERY shot.

Then proceeded to shoot about 105��

I have a brush, clean my irons after every shot, takes less time than most people whine over their poorly struck shots....I break 80 pretty much all the time, must be cuz my grooves are clean.

I think the reason you are not breaking 70 is due to excessive club cleaning. All that wasted energy😂
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump! ClubWRX Posts: 2,152
    MixedBag wrote:

MixedBag wrote:

radiman wrote:

I didn't realize this was a big deal until a few months ago when my new instructor was poking fun at one of the new kids. This guy played on tour and just started laughing. Funny thing is, this is the best kid in our group.

Well, I hope that kid leaves your instructor. Sounds like a tool player, not a tour player.

well, you could tell he was just joking and the "kid" is like 27

Lol...27? That's not a kid, thats someone who should not be living with his parents, lol..ok, ok....
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

• MixedBag wrote:

radiman wrote:

Those that can't do, teach.
    Ping G400 9.0 Tour 75X
    Ping G400 3W Tour 75X
    Ping G400 3H Tour 85X
    Ping G400 4-UW AWT 2.0X
    Ping Eye 2 Gorge S,L DG Spinner
    Ping 50th Anniversary Anser
    Titleist Pro V1
  • MixedBagMixedBag Members Posts: 1,489 ClubWRX
    TinCupping wrote:

MixedBag wrote:

radiman wrote:

Those that can't do, teach.

I'm not taking up for the guy, but he is in his 60s now. Never seen him hit a ball though, so you may be right.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]M1 10.5 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] F9 3/4[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]F9 5/6[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] AMP Cell 4/5h[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] CG16 5-PW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Grindworks[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 86 Series - 50* and 56*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sunset Beach[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 60*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM Chaska (silver) / Lajosi mid-mallet prototype[/font]
  • spbrooksspbrooks Posts: 323 ✭✭

Is there a chipping iron in there?? image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' />
    Titleist 917 D3 9.5* Oban Kiyoshi HB

Ping G 14.5

Callaway Apex UT 21* or Titleist 816H 19*

Titleist 918 AP2 4-pw Project X 6.0

Titleist SM6 50,54,58

Scotty Laguna

TM TP 5
  • howellhandmadehowellhandmade Members Posts: 717 ✭✭

So if I understand you correctly, you have a 3 step process after you hit each club: 1) spray club head,2) scrub club head with brush and 3) dry clubhead with towel. WHEW!!

You say it's only 15 seconds per club, but multiply that times 90 shots and you've just added another 25-30 mins to everyone's round. Then everyone else in your foursome starts doing the same and you've got a complete cluster F.

No offense, but the guys in my group wouldn't stand for that, nor would most golfers.

We have a guy in our group that started to use the little brush bucket at the side of the cart to clean his clubs after EVERY shot and then that morphed into a process of hit, scrub, dry etc after every shot. There is simply no need to clean a club after each and every shot and to that level.

There's a reason processional caddies simply carry a towel. One side wet, one side dry. Looks professional and it works.

it's possible he does it while others are playing their shots, which would add approximately 0 minutes to the overall round.

This. If a guy keeps up, he can have as many steps to his club-cleaning routine as he wants. The slow players I've been forced to observe generally aren't quickly and purposefully cleaning clubs, they're simply not doing anything quickly or purposefully.

• indianalawnguyindianalawnguy Members Posts: 405 ✭✭
    I have a vouble of brushes at home and clean my cluds the night before a tournament or even an event im looking for. On the course i just use a wet towel. Ive played tournament golf pretty much my entire life and dont think the brushes are a bug deal even if they are attatched to the bag and the player uses it after ever shot! Zach Johnson's caddy uses one as well as a few others! Not a fan of the iron covers! The ones pictured even appear to be the made in China covers!!!! Never seen them on TM site lol. If it makes u happy and you like it... Go for it!
  • rightslicerightslice Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited Nov 26, 2018 #71
    I'm digging this cat. Maybe he does it to get the undeniable trash talk from other players and just lets his clubs talk. "Yo covers you know you can walk into that trailer and get anything you want right?" Baz'ing stuffed to a foot.
  • Fourpar18Fourpar18 Members Posts: 2,488 ✭✭
    To each their own...

Baseball players have weird superstitions, what if he feels like if he takes them off it will hurt his game.

I do use headcovers on my irons (mainly for resale value) and I get ridiculed but they dig deep into their pockets at the end of the round.
  • MalvernMalvern Posts: 415 ✭✭
    Eddie Peps take on Aaron Rai, certainly a week for those who go their own way with Hosung Choi winning as well.

https://eddiepepperell.wordpress.com/2018/11/26/a-sting-in-the-tale/
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,802 ✭✭
    the bishop wrote:

Konklifer wrote:

Konklifer wrote:

The good ol’ “heard from” routine. No evidence, therefore irrelevant.

Wall has the best contacts in the industry. I'll take his "heard from" any day over the multitude of yahoos on here whose "rep told them".

The vaunted WRX'er "inside source".

Ignorance is bliss.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • Swisstrader98Swisstrader98 Members Posts: 3,511 ✭✭

So if I understand you correctly, you have a 3 step process after you hit each club: 1) spray club head,2) scrub club head with brush and 3) dry clubhead with towel. WHEW!!

You say it's only 15 seconds per club, but multiply that times 90 shots and you've just added another 25-30 mins to everyone's round. Then everyone else in your foursome starts doing the same and you've got a complete cluster F.

No offense, but the guys in my group wouldn't stand for that, nor would most golfers.

We have a guy in our group that started to use the little brush bucket at the side of the cart to clean his clubs after EVERY shot and then that morphed into a process of hit, scrub, dry etc after every shot. There is simply no need to clean a club after each and every shot and to that level.

There's a reason processional caddies simply carry a towel. One side wet, one side dry. Looks professional and it works.

it's possible he does it while others are playing their shots, which would add approximately 0 minutes to the overall round.

This. If a guy keeps up, he can have as many steps to his club-cleaning routine as he wants. The slow players I've been forced to observe generally aren't quickly and purposefully cleaning clubs, they're simply not doing anything quickly or purposefully.

Yes. I play w one of the slowest guys at our club (good friend, what can I say) and EVERYTHING he does he does slow...always last to the tee, then at the first tee marks each of his 3 balls for the round and takes about a minute per ball, and on and on like that throughout the round. Funny part is he even takes about a full hour to eat his lunch. Everyone done within 15-20 mins but not this guy!!
  • johnnythundersjohnnythunders ClubWRX Posts: 1,695 ✭✭
    Bryson Dechambeau has won quite a few tournaments lately. Saw him call for the brush from his caddie and clean his own iron before a shot.

Of course the announcers gave him the thumbs down like most of the responses on this thread. Always use a brush, wire and soft on the other side. I like clean clubs.

I also have always used iron covers. Can’t stand clanking iron sounds, it’s like nails on chalkboard to me. Also, love new looking irons and I usually only keep for year so better resale value.

I draw the line at ball retrievers, first they are ugly, second, rarely need them, third if I do hit it in the water it can stay there.

But if your going to use iron covers use nice ones, these are hideous.

2019bag<br />Callaway Fusion 10.5 Fuji evo 3 661 stiff <br />Ping g400 5/7 fw<br />hybrids Rogue x 5,6<br>Cobra f-max Smackwrap one length 6-gw,Speedback one length sand wedg<br />Taylormade Copper Mullen 2 <br />backup driver Mizuno St 190 10.5 with Fuji V 661 stiff-regular. Ball: Supersoft, Kirkland 3-piece and Cut Grey and White
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members Posts: 3,309 ✭✭

new2g0lf wrote:

Konklifer wrote:

Bad enough a pro is using iron covers but to use fake ones is even worse.

Oh yes, yes, it is so bad and reprehensible that prevented him from winning on the European Tour. Have you, by any chance, own one of those tour titles? I will bet not, lol.....

I have the trophies, got them from ebay just like his head covers. Are you Aarons dad? lol
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
    Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • mannyvizcayamannyvizcaya Members Posts: 15
    I don't see what the big deal is. I'm sure this guy could give a rat's a__ as to what some joe nobody thinks. He'd still smoke any of us on the golf course.

I remember some of the negative comments when Bubba started with pink, reminded me of the kids in middle school that talked trash about the kid that didn't fit in.
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members Posts: 3,309 ✭✭

I don't see what the big deal is. I'm sure this guy could give a rat's a__ as to what some joe nobody thinks. He'd still smoke any of us on the golf course.

I remember some of the negative comments when Bubba started with pink, reminded me of the kids in middle school that talked trash about the kid that didn't fit in.

I doubt anyone really cares, it's just strange. I'm sure Aaron doesn't care what we think, it's cold and raining outside, we're bored.
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
    Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • norge5norge5 Members Posts: 1,492
    I like it. It's different. I think it's cute. That's right, I said cute.
  • Boricua GolfBoricua Golf Members Posts: 3,380 ClubWRX
    Like stated above, could care less of what anyone thinks about my bag and what's in it or on it, I use the brush and head covers, I am too old to give "ANY" attention to what people think is cool or not, I do "however" think that the ball retriever may be overkill...just my .02, just enjoy your time on the course and have fun, play "your" game.
    Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Tour 65X, tipped 1", 44.25"
    Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
    Ping G 19*, Tour AD-DI 105X
    Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
    Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
    Ping Karsten TR Zing Tour 32.75", built up Pingman Grip (Ping Oslo and Ping Nome TR as backup 33.25" with SS Pistol GT Tour 1.0)
    2017 Pro V1, K-Sigs and Chrome Soft X
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump! ClubWRX Posts: 2,152
    new2g0lf wrote:

new2g0lf wrote:

Konklifer wrote:

Bad enough a pro is using iron covers but to use fake ones is even worse.

Oh yes, yes, it is so bad and reprehensible that prevented him from winning on the European Tour. Have you, by any chance, own one of those tour titles? I will bet not, lol.....

I have the trophies, got them from ebay just like his head covers. Are you Aarons dad? lol

Just pointing out your ridiculous comment, that's all.
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • andrieddleandrieddle Posts: 1,798 ✭✭
    He just won an European Tour event, he can use hello kitty head covers for all I care.
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Cobra Fly Z+ (11)
    Cobra Bio Cell 4W (16)
    TaylorMade R15 4H (21)
    FourteeN TC 606 (5-P/A)

Bridgestone J15 (50)
    Callaway MD2 (56/60)
    Odyssey EXO 7S
    [/font]
  • soregongolfersoregongolfer Members Posts: 1,275 ✭✭
    WITB

Driver: Taylormade M4

Fairway woods: Taylor Made M2

Irons; Taylormade P770 (2-3), Taylormade Tour Preferred MB (4-9)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 (PW), Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 (52, 58)

Putter: Heavy Putter B3-MBall

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Dude swings forged blades. I don't see any issue with him wanting his clubs to look nice.
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members Posts: 4,418 ✭✭
    Scores count at the end of the day.

The rest is irrelevant.
  • dropkickeddropkicked Members Posts: 477 ✭✭
    edited Nov 27, 2018 #86
    The kid has OCD.. I can respect that.. lol image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

2 Gloves was a bit much tho..
  • GolfCstyGolfCsty Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I'm seriously considering iron covers just to **** with my opponents.
  • reg1900reg1900 Members Posts: 1,069
    To me they look like eBay Chinese knockoff iron covers.

I’m left handed, it’s so hard to find clubs I like. I have a set of MP53’s that I love and I use iron covers so they will last as long as possible. If I was a tour player or even right handed I prob wouldn’t use them. Pretty hilarious a tour player is using them.

Despite how ugly that bag looks it’s still looks better than his swing. But he clearly can make it work so good luck to him.

dropkicked wrote:

The kid has OCD.. I can respect that.. lol image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Does he always use two gloves? Hong Kong can be pretty hot and sweaty
  • Duffer222Duffer222 Members Posts: 365 ✭✭
    Love my iron covers, but they’re only used for travel to and from the course. I walk 99% of my rounds, so damaging clatter is minimized and I find the slight rattle that goes on while walking somewhat musical. No brush, and I wipe a club with a damp towel that I carry with me and add water from my water bottle as needed. No need to clean the grooves until after the round is over and the clubs are ready to go back in the headcovers clean and ready for the next round. I’ve never owned a ball retriever and won’t.

I played with a club pro at one course for a couple of years, and he never cleaned his irons, nor his grooves. They were slick (MP19’s) and he still spun the ball like mad.

You guys are making fun of a guy who plays for his living. I think that pretty well says it all.
    Driver - Cobra F9 10.5 w/ Speeder 661 EVO III
    Fairway - Cobra F9 14.5 w/ Atmos TS 7s blue
    Fairway - Callaway XR Steelhead 5 w/ Atmos TS 7s red
    Hybrid - Mizuno MP CLK-H (Japan only) 24* - TENSEI CK Pro Blue 80h
    Irons - Yamaha ‘15 RMX CB Tour - 5-P w/ Mitsubishi OT 100’s
    Wedge - Titleist Vokey WedgeWorks 54° w/ Mitsubishi OT 100
    Wedge - Titleist Vokey WedgeWorks 60° w/ Mitsubishi OT 100
    Putter - Odyssey EXO 7s 34”
    Ball - Callaway ERC / TaylorMade TP5

Full time walker w/ my SM 3.5 LS on my back
  • jakejake Posts: 182 ✭✭

I used to think golf was about posting the lowest number you can. Irrespective of whether you have irons covers, brushes, ball-scoops, a weird routine or unusual clothing.

Then i joined WRX. Where a Tour Winner gets mocked.......

Thank You-- I would like to to shoot -17 and win a European Tour event.
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,747 ClubWRX
    reg1900 wrote:

To me they look like eBay Chinese knockoff iron covers.

I’m left handed, it’s so hard to find clubs I like. I have a set of MP53’s that I love and I use iron covers so they will last as long as possible. If I was a tour player or even right handed I prob wouldn’t use them. Pretty hilarious a tour player is using them.

Despite how ugly that bag looks it’s still looks better than his swing. But he clearly can make it work so good luck to him.

dropkicked wrote:

Does he always use two gloves? Hong Kong can be pretty hot and sweaty

Always with the two gloves. Started when he was young, tried to play with only one, couldn't do it, always wore two since.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x