Cold Weather Golfing - How Was Your Round

1234568»

Comments

• andrueandrue Members Posts: 1,120 ✭✭
    edited Feb 24, 2019 12:59pm #212
    Gorgeous day. 15c, barely a cloud in the sky, no wind. Golf was a bit ho-hum though. Putting was incredibly frustrating as I had a dozen putts that missed the hole by less than a centimetre. I think I wasn't always hitting the ball on line and the greens were a bit bumpy. The rest of the game was okay but my swing wasn't as good as last weekend.

Still - a gorgeous day. Amazing for February.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Callaway Rogue Driver.
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
    Callaway 60* Sureout wedge
    Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
    Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
    Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,936 ✭✭
    We where a last minute scratch today the course was finally open then the winds came in. It’s like 35mph sustained gusting to 50+. I’m so pissed, it’s been **** winter!
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 1,589 ✭✭
    Big Ben wrote:

We where a last minute scratch today the course was finally open then the winds came in. It's like 35mph sustained gusting to 50+. I'm so pissed, it's been **** winter!

Yep, that's what we're looking at in the mid-Atlantic as well. It's a real Carnoustie kind of day...temp around 43 with winds above 25mph. There were guys on the course, however. More power to 'em!
  • Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members Posts: 6,274 ✭✭
    Knowing that today would be a windy washout, we went yesterday.

It never got warm out.

I’m getting so tired of playing in sopping wet conditions. Just about every ball plugged and if it didn’t plug it was still a muddy mess.

Oh well, it’s February, could be buried under snow and ice!

Myrtle beach is a few weeks out and spring is around the corner!
    edited Feb 24, 2019 2:53pm #216
    There's some weird weather around. We're enjoying several days of temps into the teens (Celsius). I played in shorts and T-shirt today. Looks like it's coming to an end mid-week but still almost into double digits..during the day at least. I'm hoping this is an early spring and not some random blip. I have a week's holiday booked in a month and March can be nasty in the UK sometimes :-/
    Callaway Rogue Driver.
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,620 ClubWRX
    It’s 42* here today. Feels so warm I’m thinking about digging out the shorts!
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • Mr. GrumpyMr. Grumpy The Quintana Changeup, sit em dwn Members Posts: 2,266 ✭✭

No doubt,, we had cold **** rain for a week, then BOOM!! Sun and 40.. I debated shorts, my playing partner wore shorts most of the round... It was soo beautiful and a welcomed change to all clouds and flash floods...

Oh, I shot an 83 with 2 dubs and a trip.....
    Mr. Grumpy wrote:

No doubt,, we had cold **** rain for a week, then BOOM!! Sun and 40.. I debated shorts, my playing partner wore shorts most of the round... It was soo beautiful and a welcomed change to all clouds and flash floods...

It's a ridiculous 19c here at the moment. If I was playing golf that would be shorts and T-shirt.
    Callaway Rogue Driver.
    andrue wrote:

Mr. Grumpy wrote:

It's a ridiculous 19c here at the moment. If I was playing golf that would be shorts and T-shirt.

Supposed to be 35* at noon today. Sounds doable for me. Have a new shaft and some new balls I’m eager to try.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • retro74retro74 Members Posts: 6
    It's beautiful weather in north west England at the moment, very unusual for February as we often get snow

Played Saturday and Monday, shot 87 and 85. It was only April 2018 that I first broke 90 so pleased to be achieving it regularly now

andrue wrote:

Mr. Grumpy wrote:

Supposed to be 35* at noon today. Sounds doable for me. Have a new shaft and some new balls I’m eager to try.
    Yup - pretty ridiculous!
    Callaway Rogue Driver.
    andrue wrote:

andrue wrote:

Mr. Grumpy wrote:

Yup - [url="https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47374936"]pretty ridiculous[/url]!

Stupid weather not warming up fast enough. Now it says 34* at 1:00. ��
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • macedanmacedan Members Posts: 207 ✭✭
    Played 12 holes today after classes. Have never hit driver so well nor felt so much confidence. Fairway woods were above average and irons were alright. My wedges were about 10 yards shorter than expected, even factoring in wind and temperature. But I finished with two pars so no complaints from me.
    Ping G400 10*
    Mizuno ST180 3W 15*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 5W 18*
    Taylormade Rescue 11 21*
    Taylormade Rocketbladez (5-PW)
    Cleveland CBX 50/11
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54/10
    Cleveland RTX-3 58/9
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Taylormade RBZ Urethane | Project A
    Bag: Taylormade Flextech Lite Black/Green
  • Mr. GrumpyMr. Grumpy The Quintana Changeup, sit em dwn Members Posts: 2,266 ✭✭
    andrue wrote:

Mr. Grumpy wrote:

To make it more enticing,, I bet we hit 60 today and work is in the way..
    edited Feb 27, 2019 3:32am #226
    Mr. Grumpy wrote:

andrue wrote:

Mr. Grumpy wrote:

To make it more enticing,, I bet we hit 60 today and work is in the way..
    Oh I feel you on that. I'm currently sitting here in the office looking at a chilly but cloudless start to the day with temps forecast up to 15c and apparently no cloud all day. Absolutely perfect for me for golf - warm enough to be shorts and T-shirt once I get going but not warm enough to make me start sweating. Gorgeous.

Of course Saturday, when I'm next playing golf, currently looks to be wet. Le sigh.
    Callaway Rogue Driver.
  • blarkin97blarkin97 Members Posts: 54 ✭✭

Played Sunday for the first time up here in WNY
    Greens and most of the ground was frozen and a few holes had an ice layer that was keeping the pin from going in but still nice to finally get out for the year. Even if it was only 40F with 15-25mph winds and clouds

PING G400 9* Stiff
    Callaway XR 16 3W 15*
    Adams Idea Super 3H 19*
    PING i210 AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Cleveland CBX 54* & 58* TT Wedge Flex

Odyssey O-Works Black 1 34" OR O-Works Black #3T 34"
1234568»