MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

Comments

• BP5168BP5168 Rotational Goonie Members Posts: 1,534 ✭✭
    You guys are killing me with the new putters ..... un ... be ... lievable.
  • bdhicks07bdhicks07 Members Posts: 65
    edited Nov 13, 2011 #3453
    I cannot wait for my Damascus to get finished. Hopefully this week. Fingers crossed.
  • choeppnerchoeppner MACHINE Putters Sponsors, Charter Members Posts: 10,298 ✭✭
    edited Nov 16, 2011 #3454
    Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I wanted to share pics of a MACHINE Custom Damascus Work In Progress image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> This MACHINE features a Damascus M1A Fixer Head and a Damascus Dot Pill Cut Plumber Neck image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

On the Pill Cuts on the Sole and the Pill Cut on the neck we used a Ball-Nose End Mill to Highlight the Damascus Grain.

We milled a second pocket in the cavity to decrease the weight. One the Medallion is installed, you can't see the second cavity.

Still alot of work to do to this putter, but she is coming along very nicely.

Enjoy

-Chris

MP_M1AF_B_Hicks_Damascus_WIP_9c.jpg

MP_M1AF_B_Hicks_Damascus_WIP_10c.jpg

MP_M1AF_B_Hicks_Damascus_WIP_8s.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Machine_DLR_Header_Logo02.jpg

Please feel free to contact me at:
    [email="[email protected]?subject=MACHINE%20Putters"][email protected][/email]
  • whatshanneninwhatshannenin Members Posts: 2,228 ✭✭
    choeppner wrote:

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I wanted to share pics of a MACHINE Custom Damascus Work In Progress image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> This MACHINE features a Damascus M1A Fixer Head and a Damascus Dot Pill Cut Plumber Neck image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

On the Pill Cuts on the Sole and the Pill Cut on the neck we used a Ball-Nose End Mill to Highlight the Damascus Grain.

We milled a second pocket in the cavity to decrease the weight. One the Medallion is installed, you can't see the second cavity.

Still alot of work to do to this putter, but she is coming along very nicely.

Enjoy

-Chris

MP_M1AF_B_Hicks_Damascus_WIP_9c.jpg

MP_M1AF_B_Hicks_Damascus_WIP_10c.jpg

MP_M1AF_B_Hicks_Damascus_WIP_8s.jpg

Oh my word!!!! I can't wait to get to the Office next week to see what I've missed out on, SWEET Putter! The Damascus heads are so soft too and feel amazing. image/coolpics.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':coolpics:' />
  • bdhicks07bdhicks07 Members Posts: 65
    Can't wait to get that beauty in my hands. I am like a kid on Christmas morning. Thanks for all the hard work gang.
  • Bags McGowenBags McGowen Lefty Boomers Posts: 97
    Machine never fails to amaze me
  • WVPWVP Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    ballfish wrote:

[size="3"]Hi Chris,[/size]

[size="3"]I am the new owner of this jewel. It look like I finally found perfection. I am feeling like a little boy, who is waiting for Christmas present. I cannot wait to hold this magic thing in my hands. Putting is best part of my game. I am using Yes Donna for a couple of years. But with this "thing" I am looking forward to lower my score. 8 days trainings camp are in front of me. I will spend 10 Hours every single day on golf course.[/size]

[size="3"]Weather forecast in Mallorca (beautiful Island in Europe) is good ..... it could not be better.[/size]

[size="3"]I will keep you updated and let you know results [/size]

[size="7"]I AM HAPPY [/size]partytime2.gifclapping.giftongue.gifyahoo.gifcrazy.gifbb.gifshout.gifpartytime2.gif

[size="3"]

best regards

siiiii[/size]

Congrats, that thing is BE-eautiful.

Callaway BB Fusion – 9°
    Tour Edge CB5 – 16.5°
    Mizuno JPX 825 – 22°
    PING G30 – 5-UW
    Cleveland CBX – 54°
    Taylormade EF – 60° ATV
    Taylormade Juno
  • GUMBINGERGUMBINGER Members Posts: 152 ✭✭
    Thanksgiving is fast approaching - will I have something to be thankful for??? image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />
  • weaver93weaver93 Members Posts: 1,038
    I don't like to post pictures prior to being completed for fear of bad mojo, but Dave has been playing catch-up in the shop with the new mill setup and the move and I have been excited about this project since its inception almost a year ago.

Dave, Chris, and I started on the idea of these putters almost a year ago. I don't know if he has done anything quite like them before, but I do know I hadn't seen a Machine in recent history that had this look.

I wanted a copper putter because I love the feel, but I always worried about the softness of the material. I wanted something copper in feel, but more resistant to dings. After talking to Dave and Chris we decided to try an insert putter. I know it won't be as soft as pure copper, but with the VMG I felt it would be close while giving me the durability of stainless. Dave took the idea and ran with it. I must say the results are well beyond my expectations!

Here is the picture of the welded hand bent hosel prior to final polish and finish. It will be flamed with some of the areas bead blasted to keep down glare. It will have a CNC grip with a Frequency Filtered shaft. The other will be a modular center shafted M2A Converter with the finish Dave chooses, standard grip and shaft.

Dave and Chris both made this one of the coolest projects I have ever been involved with! I would like to thank them both for listening to the endless stream of ideas and modifications I pelted them with and turning out two of the nicest putters I have to date. "To date", Dave, so get ready!

• jlww3golfjlww3golf Members Posts: 135
    How much does the cavity medallion weigh in the various materials? Does it help to increase MOI/heel-toe weighting? Or is it purely visual?

While I'm thinking of it, what metals are you offering putters in these days?

Jlww3
  • DB MACHINEDB MACHINE Sponsors Posts: 934 ✭✭
    jlww3golf wrote:

How much does the cavity medallion weigh in the various materials? Does it help to increase MOI/heel-toe weighting? Or is it purely visual?

While I'm thinking of it, what metals are you offering putters in these days?

Jlww3

Thanks for your interest! The Medallions weigh 3 grams in standard aerospace aluminum alloy, 8 grams in steel and Damascus, 9 in brass and 12 grams in copper.

Since the alloy is lighter than the steel it replaces (if it were a solid thick face), it does decrease the weight in the center (cavity) and increases the relative proportion of weight in the heel and toe portions, increasing the MOI. That's not a big difference (net 5 gram change), but when you add it up with other features such as our South Beach Cuts (15 grams in the base head and up to 25 grams in back flanges), Heavy / Beefy flanges and bumpers, and optional Tungsten weights in the heel and toe sections, among other custom options, these improvements combine to become even more significant.

When you use steel the weight is virtually the same (unless you are looking at the triple cavity in the latest Damascus putter above, which is lighter due to the additional pill cut). Copper would make it heavier in the center.

Certainly these options can be seen as aesthetic also, and they offer a new level of customization and personalization (including being able to stamp or engrave your name or logo even. Also for those that want to add your name, but may decide later to sell or trade, you can simply add a blank medallion, or the next owner can swap them out and personalize his or her own. Finally, to give you a preview into the future, additional custom options will be available that attach in place of the medallions and add new alignment and weighting features....

We currently offer our putters in 303 Stainless, 1018 Carbon Steel, Aluminum Bronze, Billet Copper, Custom Forged Damascus and various components in 6061 and 7000 series Aerospace Aluminum Alloys. I'm also experimenting with some Mokume and other more exotic materials for both putters and our new Green Tools and Ball Markers for 2012...

Thanks again for your interest!

-Dave Billings
    weaver93 wrote:

I don't like to post pictures prior to being completed for fear of bad mojo, but Dave has been playing catch-up in the shop with the new mill setup and the move and I have been excited about this project since its inception almost a year ago.

Dave, Chris, and I started on the idea of these putters almost a year ago. I don't know if he has done anything quite like them before, but I do know I hadn't seen a Machine in recent history that had this look.

I wanted a copper putter because I love the feel, but I always worried about the softness of the material. I wanted something copper in feel, but more resistant to dings. After talking to Dave and Chris we decided to try an insert putter. I know it won't be as soft as pure copper, but with the VMG I felt it would be close while giving me the durability of stainless. Dave took the idea and ran with it. I must say the results are well beyond my expectations!

Here is the picture of the welded hand bent hosel prior to final polish and finish. It will be flamed with some of the areas bead blasted to keep down glare. It will have a CNC grip with a Frequency Filtered shaft. The other will be a modular center shafted M2A Converter with the finish Dave chooses, standard grip and shaft.

Dave and Chris both made this one of the coolest projects I have ever been involved with! I would like to thank them both for listening to the endless stream of ideas and modifications I pelted them with and turning out two of the nicest putters I have to date. "To date", Dave, so get ready!

Mark,

Thanks for the post and very kind comments. The pleasure has been all ours, as with all your builds, and all the great calls texts and emails. The best part of this site and community are the friendships we've made here, and are still making seemingly every day.

Thanks for trusting in us with your ideas and dreams for the ultimate custom putter, and helping us try to bring them to reality. Really looking forward to what you think about these two new beauties!

All the best,

-Dave

Sneak Peek!

image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

edited Nov 19, 2011 #3465
    edited Nov 19, 2011 #3466
    Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I wanted to share pics of one MACHINE that is almost ready to head to it's new owner image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

This is a 5.0 MACHINE M2A Converter with a 1018 Carbon Head, a 1018 Carbon Carbon Plumber Neck and a Aloy Double Fat Back Flange. The Medallion is a Damascus Medallion with a custom torch finish image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

The head, neck and flange have all been plated with our e-nickel plate image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Enjoy image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

-Chris

MP_M2A_5pt0_LE_N_Grew_WIP_10c.jpg

MP_M2A_5pt0_LE_N_Grew_WIP_11c.jpg

MP_M2A_5pt0_LE_N_Grew_WIP_10s_ih.jpg

MP_M2A_5pt0_LE_N_Grew_WIP_11f.jpg

Hey Guys,

I wanted to share a couple of more spy pics of the Prototype M40 image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> This one is with the Brass Medallion.

Enjoy

-Chris

MP_M40_Proto_Nvy_Brass_LM_CSO_1ch.jpg

MP_M40_Proto_Nvy_Brass_LM_CSO_1c.jpg

• weaver93weaver93 Members Posts: 1,038
    edited Nov 19, 2011 #3468
    DB MACHINE wrote:

Sneak Peek!

image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

You just had to put it out there with the modular center shaft? Really? Thanks Dave!

I really like the looks of that with the modular center shaft hosel. What does that weigh in at?
    Hey Mark,

This one weighs in at approximately 350 Grams as pictured image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

And yes.... We did it with the Modular Center Shaft just to tease you. LOL

-Chris

• blade_manblade_man Members Posts: 2,586
    weaver93 wrote:

Mark,

When you get this call me and I may just come see you just to putt with it!

FC
    edited Nov 22, 2011 #3471
    Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day. I wanted to share some more pics at address of the new M40 image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

The first picture shows the M40 head with a double bend shaft

The second shows the M40 head with a Modular Center Shaft (shaft in socket).

The third shows the M40 head with the new Modular Center Shaft (shaft-over-stem)

-Chris

MP_M40_Proto_Alu_PT_No_1_DBS_ad_line.jpg

MP_M40_Proto_Alu_PT_No_1_MCS_ad_line.jpg

MP_M40_Proto_Alu_PT_No_1_MCSO_ad_line.jpg

• dablphdablph Members Posts: 296
    choeppner wrote:

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I wanted to share some pics of a MACHINE that is almost complete and ready to ship to it's new owner image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

This is a Limited Edition MACHINE 4.0 M1A Adjuster with a Damascus Steel Head, and a Damascus Steel Plumber Neck. This customer wanted a Custom Sight Triangle on the topline and custom stamping on the neck image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

The Head and Neck have all been finished in our Hot Salts Gun Metal Blue Finish image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> The Damascus Medallion was given a custom Rainbow Torch Finish image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

-Chris

MP_M1Aa_Damas_Ferrer_WIP_14c.jpg

MP_M1Aa_Damas_Ferrer_WIP_14cha.jpg

MP_M1Aa_Damas_Ferrer_WIP_14ad.jpg

MP_M1Aa_Damas_Ferrer_WIP_14f.jpg

MP_M1Aa_Damas_Ferrer_WIP_14s.jpg

MP_M1Aa_Damas_Ferrer_WIP_14chc.jpg

I'm thinking upgrade........wow, just wow.

Well, I used to have the sweetest MACHINE.....

Chris, send me some $$ info on getting my "garage" cleaned. She's been well used and isn't as prestine as in the pic below.

MP_M2A_Garage_WIP_6ch.jpg
  • ndlax2340ndlax2340 Members Posts: 275
    choeppner wrote:

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day. I wanted to share some more pics at address of the new M40 image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

The first picture shows the M40 head with a double bend shaft

The second shows the M40 head with a Modular Center Shaft (shaft in socket).

The third shows the M40 head with the new Modular Center Shaft (shaft-over-stem)

-Chris

MP_M40_Proto_Alu_PT_No_1_DBS_ad_line.jpg

MP_M40_Proto_Alu_PT_No_1_MCS_ad_line.jpg

MP_M40_Proto_Alu_PT_No_1_MCSO_ad_line.jpg

The modular center shaft looks amazing! I can't believe how much it looks like a regular center shaft at address. This thread is awesome, if only I had the coin to drop on one of thesesad.gif
    edited Nov 28, 2011 #3474
    Hey Guys,

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I wanted to share some pics of a MACHINE that was just completed.

This is a MACHINE 4.0 M2A Converter with a Damascus Steel Head, a Damascus Steel Beefy Back Flange and a Mosaic Damascus Modular Center Shaft Hosel. The Medallion is a Alloy Medallion.

The Head, Neck and Flange have all been finished in our Hot Salts Gun Metal Blue Finish image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Enjoy

-Chris

MP_M2A_CH_Damascus_Redo_16c_mcso_GMB.jpg

MP_M2A_CH_Damascus_Redo_16tf_mcso.jpg

MP_M2A_CH_Damascus_Redo_16fh_mcso.jpg

MP_M2A_CH_Damascus_Redo_16hc_mcso.jpg

MP_M2A_CH_Damascus_Redo_16ad_mcso.jpg

MP_M2A_CH_Damascus_Redo_16c_cu_mcso.jpg

MP_M2A_CH_Damascus_Redo_16f_mcso.jpg

• w8liftrw8liftr w8lifting, club swinging, Metal Monster!!! ClubWRX Posts: 2,253 ✭✭
    WOW! Looks like it was made for mepartytime2.gif
  • elmo17elmo17 Members Posts: 114
    Great looking putters, keep all the pictures comming. Can't wit to get my Fixer that I have on order.
    w8liftr wrote:

You know what.... It's your lucky day Tommy. LOL We can build you one like this if you would like image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone had a great Monday image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I know....That's an oxymoron. LOL

I wanted to share pics of a MACHINE Damascus Custom that was just finished for a customer image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

This MACHINE features a Damascus Steel Head and a Damascus Steel Dot Pill Cut Plumber Neck. The Finish on this MACHINE is our Hot Salts Gunmetal Blue Finish.

This MACHINE also features Custom Pill Cuts on the sole to reduce the headweight.

Enjoy

-Chris

MP_M1AF_B_Hicks_Damascus_12c.jpg

MP_M1AF_B_Hicks_Damascus_12ch.jpg

MP_M1AF_B_Hicks_Damascus_12ad.jpg

MP_M1AF_B_Hicks_Damascus_12f.jpg

MP_M1AF_B_Hicks_Damascus_12sf.jpg

• w8liftrw8liftr w8lifting, club swinging, Metal Monster!!! ClubWRX Posts: 2,253 ✭✭
    choeppner wrote:

w8liftr wrote:

You know what.... It's your lucky day Tommy. LOL We can build you one like this if you would like image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Shoot me an email. I might need a good reason besides moving to sell off some clubs in my garage.

w8liftr wrote:

choeppner wrote:

w8liftr wrote:

Shoot me an email. I might need a good reason besides moving to sell off some clubs in my garage.

Will Do image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

-Chris

• JAY-YJAY-Y Members Posts: 509 ✭✭
    choeppner wrote:

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I wanted to share some pics of a MACHINE that was just completed.

This is a MACHINE 4.0 M2A Converter with a Damascus Steel Head, a Damascus Steel Beefy Back Flange and a Mosaic Damascus Modular Center Shaft Hosel. The Medallion is a Alloy Medallion.

The Head, Neck and Flange have all been finished in our Hot Salts Gun Metal Blue Finish image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Enjoy

-Chris

MP_M2A_CH_Damascus_Redo_16c_mcso_GMB.jpg

MP_M2A_CH_Damascus_Redo_16tf_mcso.jpg

MP_M2A_CH_Damascus_Redo_16fh_mcso.jpg

MP_M2A_CH_Damascus_Redo_16hc_mcso.jpg

MP_M2A_CH_Damascus_Redo_16ad_mcso.jpg

MP_M2A_CH_Damascus_Redo_16c_cu_mcso.jpg

MP_M2A_CH_Damascus_Redo_16f_mcso.jpg

that is **** and just my style.... i want it!
    GBB Epic 9° Aldila Rogue I/O 60s
    XR16 14° Aldila Rogue Silver 70s
    XR16 19° Aldila Rogue Black 80s
    Razr X Tour 21° Fubuki AX h400s
    Apex 4 iron KBS Tour-V 110s
    X Forged 2013 5-PW KBS Tour 120s
    X Forged 54.14, 58.10 KBS 610 120s
    T.P. Mills Trad II Custom, T.P. Mills Softail, Machine M2A Converter