MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

Comments

• SwingBluesSwingBlues We are the Old Dark Navy Blues Members Posts: 3,452 ✭✭
    Hmmh...b-man....you should have used a green scrubbie with some image/ninja.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ninja:' /> wax-on-wax-off...

Happy New Year and Carn the Blues!
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 6-S finished 44.5"
    Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Honma 737 18* 5 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105 with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
    Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
    Directed Force Reno "2.05" with BGT Stability shaft (Presse V tweaked)

Ball: Srixon XV, 2019 Taylormade TP-5x
    Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!
  • choeppnerchoeppner MACHINE Putters Sponsors, Charter Members Posts: 10,298 ✭✭
    Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great Holiday Season image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I wanted to share pics of a Custom MACHINE Damascus that is headed out on tour image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

This is a MACHINE M2A Converter with a Damascus Steel Head, a Damascus Steel Fat Back Nibble Back Flange and a Damascus Steel Disco Ball Hand Bent Hosel image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> The bumpers on this MACHINE have been melted for a softer look.

Dave did a Custom Torch finish on the Head, Neck and Flange to really make the Damascus Steel Pop image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Enjoy

-Chris

MP_Damascus_1R_Tour_Torch_20ch_wbg.jpg

MP_Damascus_1R_Tour_Torch_20s_ih_bbg.jpg

MP_Damascus_1R_Tour_Torch_20ch_bbg.jpg
    Machine_DLR_Header_Logo02.jpg

Please feel free to contact me at:
    [email="[email protected]?subject=MACHINE%20Putters"][email protected][/email]
  • DB MACHINEDB MACHINE Sponsors Posts: 934 ✭✭
    edited Jan 2, 2012 #3544
    Hey Everyone,

Hope you all had a safe and Happy New Year! Here's to a great 2012 for everyone!

Attached below are a couple of photos of a putter I recently modified for one of the professional fitters at Cool Clubs here in the DFW area (@ the new Hank Haney Golf Academy HQ at the Lakes at Castle Hills).

This is a 3.0 Release M2A Converter with a shaft over Stud hosel and Double Bend shaft. It had a blade back and spacer, but the owner wanted something new to frame the ball more and increase MOI and add forgiveness. So I swapped out his old flange and spacer for a new Flush Cut Heavy FatBack with a large StepBack Cut (South Beach Cuts showing through) and "Ground Round" hand grind to round off the corners of the bumpers. We dialed his head weight in at 360 grams, with lots of user-adjustability up or down if he ever wants to adjust swing weight or change grips or lengths, etc. Now he's got a great "something old, something new" look to his gamer. Same look at setup with the main head and double bend shaft, but now a higher MOI frame the ball flange addition to start the new year out with!

This putter is really light in the center with the South Beach blind bores in the center of the flange of both head and flange, and added weight in the heel and toe from the more massive Heavy Flush Cut flange bumpers, and user-adjustable Tungsten weights in the ports.

I would like to give a shout out and big thanks to the team at Cool Clubs! They have an incredible high tech 6-camera HD video capture fitting system in their putter fitting studio at their new facility here, and do a terrific job of fitting putters, including our MACHINE Putters, as well as all other clubs at the beautiful Hank Haney Golf Academy facilities. If you are ever in the DFW area, be sure to call or email them for a tour or a game-changing fitting!

Hope you enjoy.

All the best for 2012!

-Dave

• SwingBluesSwingBlues We are the Old Dark Navy Blues Members Posts: 3,452 ✭✭
    That's an awesome grind. Personally, I dislike the look of the back flange but Dave, you sure have made this back incredibly enticing - I just luv the continual lines for the inner cavity and the softness of the heel and toes. Very nice indeed!
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 6-S finished 44.5"
    Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Honma 737 18* 5 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105 with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
    Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
    Directed Force Reno "2.05" with BGT Stability shaft (Presse V tweaked)

Ball: Srixon XV, 2019 Taylormade TP-5x
    Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!
    Hey Guys,

These billets were cut today from 1018 carbon steel and 954 Aluminum Bronze, and have had the first machining operation performed to “deck and profile” them. This squares them up perfectly allowing them to fit precisely in the jaws for the next series of machining operations.

You know what this means... Lots of Customs Coming image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thought it would be neat to show how everything starts image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Enjoy

-Chris

MP_2012_TC_Billets_1018__AlBr_1stOp_mwb.jpg

• JaimePBProJaimePBPro Raspberry Golf Instructor Members Posts: 18
    One of them's mine! Yeah!

choeppner wrote:

Hey Guys,

These billets were cut today from 1018 carbon steel and 954 Aluminum Bronze, and have had the first machining operation performed to "deck and profile" them. This squares them up perfectly allowing them to fit precisely in the jaws for the next series of machining operations.

You know what this means... Lots of Customs Coming image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thought it would be neat to show how everything starts image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Enjoy

-Chris

MP_2012_TC_Billets_1018__AlBr_1stOp_mwb.jpg
    Jaime,

Your's is going to be REALLY nice! I can't wait to see yours when it is completed image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

-Chris

• ThaddyThaddy Members Posts: 1,191
    Very cool Chris! I don't think my order is fancy enough to make it into that batch but I can't wait to see pictures of the progress image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Yours will be coming out of this batch Zack image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I can't wait to see it when finished image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thanks

-Chris

• Johnny GolfballJohnny Golfball Members Posts: 158 ✭✭
    crazy wha they can do with steel these days
    LOL Yes it is. The sky really is the limit these days image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

-Chris

• Jrolsen0425Jrolsen0425 Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭
    Do you make a centershafted smaller mallet?
    Callaway Big Bertha 10.5 Fubuki ZT X
    Titleist 906f4 15.5 UST Tour Black X
    Titleist 906f4 18.5 UST Tour Black X
    Callaway Apex Pro 4-P Modus 130
    Vokey SM5 50/54/58 PX 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Golo S5
    WITB Link
    Hello,

By smaller, what exactly do you mean? Here are a couple that we have built in the past image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

We can also make any of our heads a Center shaft if you would like. We can accomplish this by either doing a Tig Weld Center Shaft Hosel, or a Modular Center Shaft Hosel.

If you have seen a head that you like, but wished it was a Center Shaft, we can make that happen for you.

Please let me know if I can help.

Thanks

-Chris

MP_M2A_TIG_CS_SS_RM_FB_6c-1.jpg

MP_M6ibCH_RM_PT1_1c-1.jpg

choeppner wrote:

Yours will be coming out of this batch Zack image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I can't wait to see it when finished image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thanks

-Chris

Nice! Can't wait to see the progress Chris image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Thanks Zack image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Love seeing the excitement image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> You know me, as soon as I get pics, I get them to you image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thanks in advance

-Chris

• JGallsJGalls Members Posts: 3,504 ✭✭
    Interested in everyone's thoughts on difference of sound/feel for the different metals and face milling options.
    Callaway EPIC SZ w/ Graphite Design TP 6
    Callaway EPIC SZ 3 w/ Graphite Design TP 7
    Cobra F6 Baffler
    Titleist 716 T-MB 4 PX 6.0
    Titleist 716 CB 5-PW PX 6.0
    Callaway MD2 50*s, 56*c & 60*u w/ Project X 5.5 Pured
    Odyssey butane Black Series i #1 w/ welded long neck
    When I find the center of the face on my 303 stainless M1A-Adjuster, it literally feels like a warm stick of butter. I also use softer balls like the Z-Star XV and Penta TP. Completely muted sound and a very soft feeling. I can't compare to carbon but I do have one on the way. I really don't think it's the metal that contributes to the feel, rather the face milling. It's safe to say MACHINE's is the most aggressive. FWIW, I've noticed similar results with the different milling options Byron Morgan offers.
  • deep18deep18 Members Posts: 1,899 ✭✭
    Agree completely with Thaddy. I have a Machine in 303 Stainless with the deep VMG milling and it is just as soft as any carbon putters I've hit. Can't wait to compare it to the Mil Spec I'm having refinished with a deep milled face.
  • JodymacJodymac Members Posts: 238 ✭✭
    [size="4"]Going to the studio on Friday to get fitted for one of these beauties. Can't wait [/size]yahoo.gif[size="4"] There's sooo many GREAT options how will I ever be able to make a final decision on what to get? [/size] good.gif
    Hello,

I hope you have a great time at the Studio image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Dwight is really good image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Can't wait to see what you end up with and hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Chris

• JaimePBProJaimePBPro Raspberry Golf Instructor Members Posts: 18
    Hey fellas, just curious, what does the 1018 and 954 in front of the metal types mean?
  • rymail00rymail00 Members Posts: 6,704 ✭✭
    JaimePBPro wrote:

Hey fellas, just curious, what does the 1018 and 954 in front of the metal types mean?

1018 is the grade of carbon steel used to make the head out of.

954....no idearolleyes.gif
    rymail00 2018 WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
    Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)

Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
    C&L CL1 368g
    Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style
  • weaver93weaver93 Members Posts: 1,038
    I think 954 is AlBz
    That's Correct image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> 954 is Aluminum Bronze image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

• xabiaxabia Members Posts: 1,844 ✭✭
    I checked the website maybe I am missing something, but I would love a specialized Machine headcover to go with my M6! Are there any options available?
    Mayfield Sand Ridge CC
    TI 16 M2 Accra TZ6 M5 / TI M4 Tensei Orange V3 60TX
    TI M2 Tensei Blue 70TX / M4 Atmos 7 stiff 
    T1 M2 16.5 Evenflow Black 75 6.5
    TMB-3 Iron Tensei Blue 90TX
    MP 18 MB 4-PW Ctaper Lite 110 stiff
    SM7 Raw 52 F  / Vokey SM7 Raw 56* / SM7 60D Raw
    Odyssey Jalibird Mini 33"
  • DB MACHINEDB MACHINE Sponsors Posts: 934 ✭✭
    edited Jan 6, 2012 #3567
    xabia wrote:

I checked the website maybe I am missing something, but I would love a specialized Machine headcover to go with my M6! Are there any options available?

Thanks for the post, and congrats on getting an M6! I apologize our website is not as up-to-date as it could be. We are constructing a new ecommerce site, and revamping our main site as we speak, so stay tuned!

Regarding specialized headcovers, we currently have several options, and new custom covers in the works. The first photo attached shows our standard blue headcover for 2012. It has an improved full length magnetic closure, and an improved tighter fur that doesn't shed lint like the old sometimes did. Sitting below the Blue cover is the new Custom White headcover, our initial Limited Edition for 2012 (only 100 pcs. made).

The second photo attached shows a Limited Edition in Gold that we did last year (not for the faint of heart!). lol I think we have a handful of these left.

Going forward, we are working with a couple of new suppliers, both here in the US to offer even more customization and new, unique and artful designs. Chris and I will be posting photos as we develop and introduce these new covers, and are eager to see what everyone thinks!

Thanks again for your support, and I hope you enjoy and make everything with your new MACHINE!

-Dave

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I wanted to share pics with you of a Custom MACHINE that was just shipped to it's new owner.

This is a 4.0 MACHINE M2A Converter with a 303 Stainless Head, a 303 Stainless Plumber Neck and a 303 Stainless Heavy Blade Back Flange.

The Alloy Medallion was first Black Anodized and then had the MACHINE Logo Engraved.

Enjoy

Thanks

-Chris

MP_M2A_Black_Ano_LM_R_Mullen_6c.jpg

Hey Guys,

I hope that everyone had a great week image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I wanted to share pictures of a Custom MACHINE with you. We had a customer who really wanted to get his wife something different this Christmas and since she likes golf ( I know.... Lucky Man.. ) He decided a Custom Putter would be just the ticket.

This is a MACHINE M1A Fixer with a 303 Stainless Head and a 303 Stainless Plumber Neck. The Head and Neck were finished in Dave's Custom Torch Finish image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

As you can see, TONS of custom stampings. Word we got from the Customer is that his wife LOVES the putter image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Enjoy

-Chris

MP_M1AF_4pt0_XMas_MCB_11-12_20c.jpg

• JodymacJodymac Members Posts: 238 ✭✭
    [size="4"]I had a GREAT time getting fit for a Machine and hanging out with Dave at the shop!!! The amount of time, detail, craftsmanship, and TLC that is put into these putters is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! I am EXTREMELY HAPPY that I decided to get a Machine. image/yahoo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yahoo:' /> [/size]
  • blade_manblade_man Members Posts: 2,586
    weaver93 wrote:

I think 954 is AlBz

Mark,

You know WAY too much about this stuff! LOL!

Text or call me tomorrow when you have time, my MACHINE should be here!! Wooohoo!