Ella's journey

2»

Comments

• extrastiffextrastiff Members Posts: 857 ✭✭
    I'm just excited for the first pro golfer In a hoodie!
    g400 max 9* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    f8 15* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    p790 4i | steelfiber 95x
    black utility onelength 22.5*, 26* | steelfiber 110x
    forged onelength 6i | steelfiber 110x
    p730 7i-pw | steelfiber 110x
    hi-toe 52*9, 56*8, 62*5 | steelfiber 110x
    columbus
    jumbomax tour medium grips
  • DGord10DGord10 ClubWRX Posts: 38 ClubWRX
    Wonderful to read about this - sounds like she has some real passion for golf and the right drive and frame of mind to develop her game and keep improving. What a wonderful thing that you and she can share. I relish the time that I get to spend with my 13yr old son on the course or practice area.

One thing that I wanted to mention is that I think that you will see as much or more improvement in her distance through improving the technique of her swing and hitting the sweet spot more frequently with the right swing and launch angle than with building strength and swing speed. It’s always been my impression (albeit a novice impression) that time spent building speed and strength show the most benefit once the swing technique is sound. As my son grew and improved, at each stage when it came to distance, the greatest improvements came through improvement in technique first and then size/strength. Of course there is no issue in working both sides at the same time just that expectations on which side will produce more/earlier results should be balanced.
  • rich srich s Posts: 492 ✭✭
    She hit 150!

And our week 3 superspeed results:

• DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,219 ClubWRX
    Rich...huge fan of you and Ella! In addition to the distance gains, the consistency in her swing from week to week with a different length driver is outstanding. Thanks for the vids and the best to you and Ella!
    DavePelz4 wrote:

Rich...huge fan of you and Ella! In addition to the distance gains, the consistency in her swing from week to week with a different length driver is outstanding. Thanks for the vids and the best to you and Ella!

Thanks so much!! We are really bonding over the experience. We took some online lessons with Dan and she is working on the changes. Her 7 iron is just night and day straighter! Its going great! We are going to work our butts off this week and hopefully it shows on saturday
  • CwebbCwebb Members Posts: 5,847 ClubWRX
    I noticed in the video, I think you said her new driver is 39.5"...is that correct? Would be interesting to do a speed comparison with a longer driver. She may be able to handle something around 42", if the weighting is right
    She has a 40.5” long driver as well but hits this one the best so far. I will see if we can do a comparison video though
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 8,782 ClubWRX
    Lmao!! ‘Do you want Monte as your dad??

How are the lessons going with DC? Im likely going to start with him soon
  • CwebbCwebb Members Posts: 5,847 ClubWRX
    kekoa wrote:

Lmao!! 'Do you want Monte as your dad??

best part was when she replied...."naa, I like my dad"...and meant it
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker Members Posts: 5,178 ✭✭
    rich s wrote:

She hit 150!

And our week 3 superspeed results:

Rich, liking the speed you have with the driver.

Ella is just easing into it - she’s gonna start ripping it soon.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • TigerMomTigerMom Posts: 222 ✭✭
    She looks good

Should try to get weight fully to left side after impact and into follow thru

And most important, she seems like a very kind a RESPECTFUL girl who loves her father
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members Posts: 1,081 ✭✭
    This is good stuff. So much fun to see a kid get into the game.
    Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
    Ping G400 5-wood
    Srixon Z Star
    Maker's Mark
2»