MEMBER REVIEWS: Shot Scope V2 Shot Tracking! Read Inside!

We have 5 GolfWRX members testing out the new Shot Scope V2! Take a look below at the reviews on all the features and technology in the new V2. The testers are...

cbrwn425

Yrrdead

Hrlyder22

dmac4g

kcsf

Feel free to ask them any questions you might have! Also want to give a big Thank You to Shot Scope for allowing us to review!

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

First, thanks to GolfWRX and ShotScope for the watch/tracker.

The course I normally play is well marked for distance, so I've gotten very use to eye balling the yardage effectively enough I didn't feel I needed a laser. After using the ShotScope I realize I've been giving up strokes due to the wrong clubs being hit and my errors in eying it. This will be the first yardage finder item I've put in play.

ShotScope initial thoughts:

--well packaged

--instructions via provided user guide were clear and concise. I tried to fumble my way through initial startup without using the guide, but soon found the guide was the best way to startup. Instructions are given for Android and IOS.

--charging the watch took ~6 hours. This blew my mind as I can charge my laptop in 1.5hrs using the same USB outlet. Maybe an engineer can explain to me/us why in the hell it takes 6 for this watch.

--The watch itself is a bit big and I was expecting it to be uncomfortable to wear during the round. I was wrong as it's really not all that noticeable once you get over the initial feel. Happily surprised.

--Watch band is rubber and very comfortable.

--Watch screen is circa 1985 though as it's black and white UI. I get costs needed to be cut to provide the tracker at a reasonable price, but the screen and battery are poor choices, TBH.

--the bluetooth adapters for the clubs were easy to install. Just screw them on.

Usage:

--Downloading a course to the watch was easy using the app on my computer. I did not use a phone app yet, wish I would've to confirm it was possible as I had on course issues in round 3.

--Firing up the watch at the course during practice tee time allowed the watch to find the satellites and it would guess it took under 3 minutes to do so and be ready for play. As I turned it on as soon as I arrived, the watch was on for about an hour before actual play began. This was a bit of a mistake on my part as the battery showed 84% at tee time. Would I have enough battery to finish my round?

--After the watch finds the satellites, it shows the course on your phone it believes to be the one being played. You confirm, choose the mode you'd like to use, and off you go.

--The only interaction needed during the round is imputing the number of putts per hole. As you're walking off the green the watch asks for the number putted and is easily given via the buttons on the screen. Takes 5 seconds max. I forgot to input on a couple holes during the round and found to scroll back a few holes was simple and quick to do. Overall the watch is very easy to use and is quite intuitive. You do have to choose the putting strokes as close as possible to the hole in order for the app to decipher where the hole is. Otherwise, you can edit later via the app.

--The watch face can show front/middle/back yardage and distance to some traps/obstacles.

--Halfway through the round the watch showed 45% battery.

--Finished the round with 15% or so left. Forget playing 36 holes and using the watch for all 36.

Post round:

--syncing the watch with the desktop app was a simply as pugging it in to the usb port with the app open.

--info is uploaded and can now be edited on your computer. I found the need to edit most pin placements as I didn't realize it connected the spot of your input to the location of the pin.

--The app really just serves as a bridge to the online collection of your shot information and profile. The app is used only for downloading courses and uploading your info post round. All editing is done through the online profile dashboard page.

Online Dashboard:

--nice layout that is easy to navigate.

--ability to edit each shot/round to accurately reflect your shots and putts as necessary.

--Leaderboards can be joined to compare your stats to others, both in the US and internationally. GolfWRX has a group to join, although there are only 2 members as I write this.

--tons of information given including avg yardage/longest hit/times used for each club, both in the last round and all rounds.

--If you're an information junkie like me, you can totally geek out on the amount of info given.

Complaints/issues

--battery takes too long to charge and is depleted very fast

--screen is old school and looks dated compared to other options

--club tags do not fit well to grips with a rounded bottom. It would be great if there was an option to purchase tags with a curved shape.

--For the life of me I cannot get the watch and phone to connect via bluetooth. Support has been unable to help as well.

--A course I played Saturday showed 18 holes when I downloaded it, yet only 9 were usable on the watch during the round. As I could not link the watch to the phone, I couldn't download the course again during play. Not a big deal as editing the round using the online webpage was easy and quick.

Positives:

--tons of useful information provided. Longest shot for each club, averages, fairways hit, greens in reg, and ~30 more for your geekdom.

--Customer support is very quick to respond and had fixed the course issue the day after I sent the email.

--Watch is comfortable to wear and easy to use.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

Initial Impressions were positive. It was easy to get unit up and running. Intuitive GUI for the GPS while playing which was nice. Didn’t really mess with the tagging options but I did see that they have quite a few options which people have been using workarounds with other companies products. I’m talking about real golf situations like penalties, drops, pickups , etc. Which ShotScope has included right away. Again you don’t think about it until you are playing real golf and its nice that they have made it simple to do while playing golf as opposed to having to take notes (mental or otherwise) and then do this during post round editing. Okay lets get into it.

Pretty straight forward for anyone who has used a similar system.

• Set up a profile. Set up a virtual golf bag
  • Install Tags
  • Charge unit
  • Play golf
  • Post Round/Data

Software Interface;

Not the best I’ve used but entirely serviceable , didn’t have any huge problems getting my profile made and setting up my bag. I didn’t see a way to “create” a new club if it didn’t exist in the drop down menu, which is a problem for me. Not so much with the irons but I like to tinker (who doesn’t) and I like to “create” a new club if I install a harrison shot maker or different shaft to get some real world data on differences. I’m sure there is a way to do it but I didn’t see it on initial set up.

Tag installation;

No real problems here. Though time will tell if they have problems like other companies with tag breaking. Though they do give you 20 total tags so you have some back ups. ShotScope tags are black , competitor tag is red. Size is nearly identical

Charging;

Not much to say here other than it seemed to charge pretty quickly w/ a 2.0A charger. Though the cover and actually plugging in the charging cable was more difficult than anticipated. This is due to location of both the plug and how the band curves. See pic;

Use on Course;

Really easy to use. I purposefully didn’t read the manual or take it with me. And anyone who knows me knows that I am a manual reading kind of guy. Procedural compliance was beat into me during my navy days. That said in this case I wanted to see how easy it was just trying plug and play.

Button layout and on screen instructions are pretty good. I don’t know why but I really really like the buttons. Actual physical buttons. I felt like the interface was pretty easy to navigate. This was my first experience with a GPS watch and was a positive one. The tracking side of things was perfect, mainly because you don’t have to do anything except when you pull your ball out of the cup. Where you pause over the cup a second and click the button corresponding to how many putts you had (0-3). Hopefully that is sufficient if you need a bigger number may god have mercy on your soul. Actually you just have to go to another screen. Really really easy.

One thing to note, if you go on the green the watch switches to Pin Collect Mode and I don't know how to get out of it. Functionally it didn't matter. If you walk up to the green to get an idea of the slope it will switch modes but it will still read your pitch/chip shot just fine.

Yes I need a new glove....but I love this one.

Post Round;

Again really simple to end the round on the device and power it off. Alternatively you can end the round and sync it with your mobile device via bluetooth. (Requires you to download the ShotScope app on your device.) I did my post round edit at home via PC. Interface is decent, didn’t run into any issues. Can edit anything you need, shots, penalties, tees, etc. I didn’t have any problems with missed shots, which honestly was a first. I’ve used another system for 150+ rounds and I can’t think of a time that I didn’t miss shots or have to adjust the tee box, etc. The only edits I had to make were deleting a few extra shots I hit after some misses. ShotScope didn’t miss a single shot. I’m sure that is beginner’s luck but regardless it was very impressive.

Data;

I have to say this was what I was most excited about and was let down most. I don’t feel like I was given much actionable information. I mean yeah leaderboards and medals are fun but shooting lower scores is more fun. I’m sure that this was just me being unfamiliar with the data interface but what I saw didn’t give me much insight. Obviously this is pretty easy to change , since they have all the data. Oh that being said some of the medals seemed off, the longest drive medal I got was 225yd drive?!?! Don't they know this is GolfWRX? Serioulsy though I'm not sure why it didn't give other medals.

Ergonomics;

This is the elephant in the room with this unit in my opinion. Its big and bulky. You just can’t get around it. Though it is not heavy at all. It didn’t really bother me anywhere expect on the putting green. Hopefully this will go away after a few more rounds. My daughter really didn’t like the size of it while hitting. So I would have to say if you are on the smaller side this may be a problem. Now if you are a watch person and are used to wearing and playing with a big watch on your lead wrist this is most likely a non issue. One other thing is the band. It was sweaty and I’m playing in 60* weather. Going to be worse when it's 100*. I haven’t checked to see if they have alternate bands or not. Here are some pics with a Fitbit Blaze as comparison.

Well if you made this far I salute you.

G425 Max 9*o w/ RIP Beta
TEE CBX19 16.5*
Sub70 699U 19.5*
P770 5-P
Exo #7

for anyone testing or anyone with shot scope V2. Join my Leaderboard :)

Code: HEYWKX

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 7.5* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
Taylormade Spider Long Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

Let me begin by saying Thank You to Shot Scope and GolfWRX for this great opportunity. I was surprised to see the email letting me know I had won the chance to test the unit. I am really excited to try it out and see what it can do. UPDATED ON NOVEMBER 30 FOR USE ON COURSE.

Order Placement and Delivery

I received confirmation of the order on Tuesday, November 20 and the unit arrived in Florida on Friday, November 23! Happy Black Friday to me!! I was shocked at how quick they turned around the order.

Once I received the order confirmation, I began to receive A LOT of helpful emails to prepare me for the unit. The emails covered what to expect, how to pre-register the unit, creating an account and helpful tips for using the unit. There was not a single email that came that did not have useful information that helped the process of learning about the Shot Scope 2. I was able to have an account ready to go when the unit arrived and was ready to plug it in and go.

Packaging

The unit comes nicely packaged in an attractive box. Inside the box, you will find the Watch, a USB cable and the Tags for the clubs. The instruction manual is easy to read and understand and walks you step by step through the set-up.

post-16945-0-80038500-1543349707.jpgpost-16945-0-43518500-1543349750.jpgpost-16945-0-96611200-1543349765.jpg

Club Tags

There are 20 tags that come with the unit. Each is clearly marked. The tags are well made. They are slightly larger than I imagined they would be. They are not obtrusively large, but they are not tiny either. The base of the tags which sits into the grip is substantial and threaded. Once in place they are pretty firmly in place. I do not see a way to attach them to a Superstroke with the Counter Core weight without some homemade reverse engineering. It took less than 10 minutes to install all 14 tags. Pro Tip- Use your wrench from your adjustable driver to punch through the tape at the butt of your grip. Installation goes a lot smoother that way!

post-16945-0-49869900-1543350314.jpgpost-16945-0-12217100-1543350037.jpgpost-16945-0-11758100-1543350164_thumb.jpgpost-16945-0-60125500-1543350138.jpg

Shot Scope V2 Watch

I am not someone who normally wears a watch. Wearing a watch when golfing will have an adjustment period I am sure. The watch itself is pretty big and rather thick. It is a bit heavy. It fits well when on, but it is large. There is no nice way to say this next part but…..the band looks cheap. For those of you old enough to remember the rubber Swatch Watches, imagine that band only less refined. It is a shiny piece of black rubber. No one will be wearing this out for drinks after their round! I am hopeful that function makes up for form.

post-16945-0-42068300-1543350461.jpgpost-16945-0-93987200-1543350478.jpgpost-16945-0-54266200-1543350520.jpg

The buttons are not labeled when the unit is turned off. As a result, one would play a guessing game turning it on without first reading the manual. Once it is powered up, the screen shows each buttons functions.

The watch arrives completely uncharged. Do not expect to take the watch from the box and head to the tee box. The watch has a date with your computer or wall charger before that happens. I plugged my watch in at 10:30 am in the hopes it would be charged up by 3:00 so I could get out for 9 holes before the current cold front came through. (Yes, 60 degree’s is cold in Florida, we all think we are going to die)

post-16945-0-59569100-1543350667.jpg

When I plugged it in, It was at 0% charged…….so I waited……

30 minutes in to charging it was at 3% charged…….uh….this isn’t looking good….

After 1 hour it made it all the way to 16%..........Things are looking up…..

At the 2 hour mark……31%...........

3 hours later…….50%......Halfway Home!

4 hours…..74%........

5 Hours……94%.....

5 and ½ hours later we finally got to 100%! I am optimistic that the original charge takes longer than it will in the future. I was really surprised that it took that long to get to 100% charged. This was the only thing I have encountered this far that is a concern.

Phone App

The Phone App is really quite good. I use an Android phone and have had no troubles with the app. The courses are easy to find either searching by name or by using GPS to find those close to you. There is a VERY expansive list of courses available to choose from. They are quite easy to download and move into the watch.

The Phone App also allows you to set up your bag to correspond with the Club Tags. The app includes an expansive set of manufacturers and models from each. It will be nice to keep track of each club individually and with the extra 6 tags, one could easily set up multiple drivers, wedges, hybrids, etc. to swap in and out of the bag and see which performs statistically best.

That takes me to today. I have not had the unit out on the course yet. I was hopeful to have got out yesterday, but it took too long charging up. I hope to get out before the weekend and will continue to post follow-ups as I do. Please feel free to ask questions and I answer as I can. I really like what I have seen out of the unit this far and look forward to getting it out on the course soon!

UPDATE November 29

I was able to get out for 9 holes this evening and use the Shot Scope V2. I have to say that I am impressed. The GPS function was extremely accurate. I used a Bushnell Laser to verify yardages and found them to match. This is a huge deal for someone that hasn’t tried a GPS unit prior. The accuracy was a huge relief.

The unit captured all but 2 of my shots on the course. One was with a SW and one was a 9-iron. In both instances, I am not sure I took a practice swing prior to hitting the shot. The manual wants you to take multiple swings near the ball prior to hitting it. I fell into a rhythm of taking 2 practice swings and then hitting the shot.

Around the green the system worked very well. The Pin Tracker worked flawlessly. Each pin was accurately displayed on each green after the round. Putts were posted from the correct locations and the information provided was outstanding.

After the round, downloading the round to the app was a breeze. The ability to edit the round was easy to understand and did not require a lot of effort.

Side note – I have reached out to Customer Support twice. Once was for a tab that I broke (my fault) and the other is for a hole on the course having an incorrect par. The Customer Service is top notch. Both needs were quickly addressed and the emails were promptly replied. I am sure that Shot Scope hopes you never need Customer Support, but as a customer you will be VERY SURPRISED at the OUTSTANDING level of support you will receive.

The information provided by the app about your round is useful. My distances are about where I expected them to be. I did mishit my 7 wood when I used it for a shot, so it appears I hit it shorter than actual. This will clear itself out as I use the unit more and more.

An interesting statistic is the Usage number for each club. I think this will help identify where any gaps lie in the bag and what clubs are not used and could stand to be replaced! (One more reason to head to the BST Forum!)

I really liked the statistics that generate regarding different clubs. The importance of hitting fairways stands out as I am 28.2 feet closer to the flag from the fairway versus the rough. Short Game statistics show where I need to work and putting provided some useful info too.

post-16945-0-46244400-1543583741.pngpost-16945-0-26994000-1543583755.pngpost-16945-0-78614200-1543583811.png

Overall I am very pleased with the Shot Scope V2. I had some initial reservations when I first received it, but after having it out on the course, it really shines. I am looking forward to taking out on the course again and I almost feel like I am more likely to sneak out to play due to what I learn from the unit. If you are on the fence about buying one of these, JUMP IN! This would make a great Christmas Gift and I do not think you would regret it! Please let me know if I can answer any questions? The unit has earned a spot in my bag.

What I did with my counterweighted putter, after confirming with Shot Scope support, was to cut off the screw thread level with the tag bottom, and superglued the tag onto the putter. Has worked great. Only drawback is that youcan no longer adjust the counterweight. For me, once I established the optimal position for the counterweight, I haven't changed it in over two years.

First I want to say a huge thank you to GolfWRX and Shot Scope for giving me the chance to test out the V2.

I haven't had a chance to play yet but I'll be getting 9 holes in after work tomorrow so I'll just give my initial impressions.

Setup

Initial setup and account creation was very easy. The included instructions walk you through everything step by step and it only takes a couple minutes to get it up and running. Syncing the watch to the phone only takes a couple of seconds. The tags are easy to screw into the end of the grips and feel very sturdy and secure. The only set up issue I had was when I was adding my clubs in the profile. My iron set is 4-AW then I have a 54* and 60* wedge setup that I use as my SW and LW, the app had my set listed as 4-SW so I had to label a couple clubs differently than I would like but in the in this is a very very minor complaint.

I will say that charging I found to be surprisingly slow. The watch arrived at 0% and took about 6 hours to completely charge. This won't be a problem as long as I remember to charge after a round.

Design

The watch itself is fairly large physically but is rather lightweight. The screen is a good size and easy to read. I've never played with a watch on before but after taking a couple swings with it on at the house I don't think it will take long to get used to wearing it during the round.

I'll update this further tomorrow with pictures and initial on course impressions after I can get out and play. If anyone has any questions ask away and I'll do my best to answer them.

On Course

I was able to get out for 9 holes Wednesday afternoon and use the Shot Scope. Since it was my first time using it finding a gps signal took a couple minutes but that was to be expected based on the user guide. Once the signal was found the watch knew what course I was at so starting a round was as simple as clicking the button on the side. I started my round on #10 and navigating to the correct starting hole was a breeze. Once I was playing I found the yardages to be very accurate and I really liked that it has the yardages to front and back of hazards. The display will show the location of the two closest hazards. I did have one issue where the watch turned off during my first hole, I probably hit the power button by mistake, and I was worried that I was going to lose the data but I turned the watch back on and kept going and found out after the round that everything was still saved, which was very nice to see. The pin collect feature was very nice and detected each time I walked on to the green.

Typically I don't play with anything on my wrist so I was worried that I wouldn't like having a bulky watch on but after a couple swings I didn't even notice it was there due to how light it is.

Score Tracking

This is where I had the biggest complaint so far but it is still relatively minor. I had two holes where the score wasn't tracked correctly. One hole recorded a chip in from green side instead of the amount of putts I had and the final hole had an extra stroke tracked. I was in a race against sunset and the cold so I'm not 100% sure this wasn't my fault by hitting the wrong number of putts or forgetting enter them at all since the other 7 holes were spot on. I'll update on this more once I can get out with it again.

Data

This is where this system really shines. The amount of data available is great and will really show you your strengths and weaknesses. The app gives you a lot of info like accuracy, shot distance and average score by par and then you can get even more through the website. Going forward this has me most excited about this system as it will help me better understand my yardages with each club and really allow me to fully understand my strengths and weakness for practice sessions.

I plan on getting out again soon for another post work 9 and hopefully for 18 and will update this again once I do.

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

I was able to get out again with this for 18 holes yesterday so I have a couple of quick updates.

First the battery life seems like there would be no issues playing two rounds without charging. I didn't charge my watch after my round on Wednesday and finished yesterday at 16% and this was after it had spent about 30 minutes looking for a gps signal while I was warming up.

Yardages were again spot on and I felt like this really helped me with club selection and avoiding hazards. Previously I have always played using TheGrint app on my phone which I have always found to be accurate but with the watch it is so much quicker to just glance at my wrist and get everything I need without have to move around the point on the phone to each hazard or different areas on the green.

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

Updated my review with pictures and initial on course impressions

Could you expand a bit on what you found helpful with the data? I found it to be sub par. But that is from the perspective of someone who's used a competing system for a couple years.

G425 Max 9*o w/ RIP Beta
TEE CBX19 16.5*
Sub70 699U 19.5*
P770 5-P
Exo #7

Could you expand a bit on what you found helpful with the data? I found it to be sub par. But that is from the perspective of someone who's used a competing system for a couple years.

Absolutely. I like that I can go online and review my approach/short game accuracy and my putting statistics for my make % from different distance and average shots to finish so I know what length of putt I really need to focus on or if I'm more accurate with one club over another. This is the only tracking system I have used and through the first two rounds it provides everything I would need from one.

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

Absolutely. I like that I can go online and review my approach/short game accuracy and my putting statistics for my make % from different distance and average shots to finish so I know what length of putt I really need to focus on or if I'm more accurate with one club over another. This is the only tracking system I have used and through the first two rounds it provides everything I would need from one.

Yrr, I have ShotScope for 15-20 rounds (I'm not part of this review) and have never been a watch wearer. Playing with this vs a competitor that I used for two years is much better - no tapping, no noises/beeps, no bright red equipment, GPS is more accurate, and putting tracking is better. BUT, my only issue is the stats not having a "relative" comparison metrics, where the competitor had strokes gained stats and can be narrowed down to various handicap ranges, so the user can understand where s/he is weak and strong vs their relative peers.

That said, ShotScope has a lot of stats to absorb and you'll need to understand where you should focus. Not a bad thing, but definitely different than what you may be used to.

Play well and have fun.

ShotScope requires 2 practice swings before every shot? Not lovin that part if accurate.

Ping G400 Max Tour AD DI

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

ShotScope requires 2 practice swings before every shot? Not lovin that part if accurate.

I don't think its a requirement, Ive hit shots where I just walked up and hit it. Shot scope still tracked it

Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

The practice swings are just insurance that the watch and club have communicated via bluetooth. Half the time I don't take practice swings and the ShotScope hasn't missed an actual swing yet in 6 rounds.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

I pretty much never take practice swings and I haven't noticed any shots not being tracked because of it.

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

I bought the watch and took the watch out of the box and looked at the band . Every part is plastic including the small part you would put into the holes in the watch band to secure it to your wrist. There is no way this band will hold up in warm weather. It will crack. I sent it back immediately without looking at anything else. Without a good band and fast charging battery, I would never buy it. Trying to save money on these 2 items killed the sale for me.

I really was unimpressed with the appearance of the watch and band, but it has held up fine. It does get pretty warm here in Florida and I have had no issues. The band is more rubber than it is plastic from my perspective. I have moved passed the appearance and really appreciate the information the unit has provided. If the band does break, I will let you know but as of now all is ok.

I thought it would be best to chime in and clear up a couple of discussion points:

1) Practice swings - for most golfers it will pick up shots without the need for a practice swing. However in some circumstances a practice swing helps to log activity. It really depends on the golfers takeaway and how the club is taken away from the ball. There is no bluetooth communication between tag and watch it is all done via NFC. We are constantly refining this and improving it.

2) Appearance of the watch - the watch doesn't have much metal in it, because that would affect the technology above. If we had a metal buckle we would not be able to sense the tags to capture shot information. We have stress tested the watch to check that it won't break, however if something does happen just get in touch with our support team.

Lastly, please do keep up the conversation. Our team is always checking forums and user suggestions so that we can continue improving both our hardware, software and firmware.

I thought it would be best to chime in and clear up a couple of discussion points:

1) Practice swings - for most golfers it will pick up shots without the need for a practice swing. However in some circumstances a practice swing helps to log activity. It really depends on the golfers takeaway and how the club is taken away from the ball. There is no bluetooth communication between tag and watch it is all done via NFC. We are constantly refining this and improving it.

2) Appearance of the watch - the watch doesn't have much metal in it, because that would affect the technology above. If we had a metal buckle we would not be able to sense the tags to capture shot information. We have stress tested the watch to check that it won't break, however if something does happen just get in touch with our support team.

Lastly, please do keep up the conversation. Our team is always checking forums and user suggestions so that we can continue improving both our hardware, software and firmware.

If the communication is done via NFC, can we turn the bluetooth function off on the watch to save battery life?

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

I don't take practice swings and had zero missed shots. I was worried about that myself but a non issue as far as I'm concerned.

Do you think it will replace GG for you? I’ve been looking at other tracking systems and to date none have impressed me enough to make the switch. And, since I use GG for just the basic data (misses, yardages etc) I’m still using the Classic system. Plus, I’m not sure I could get used to wearing a watch. I bought a GPS watch a few years ago and ended up putting it in my push cart or golf cart when riding. Didn’t like the feel and it was smaller than this one. But... this system looks promising.

Ping G400 Max Tour AD DI

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

I am seriously considering one of these units (depending how my fantasy football championship goes this weekend though). I dread spending the money to find that it is a device that requires a lot of hands on editing and such in the middle of my round. I just want to be able to play my game and check out the results after the fact. If I need to adjust a shot or two after the fact, that's fine. But, I don't want to be fiddling with my phone throughout the round. Would those of you that have used it say that is the case? I kind of like the GPS functionality for those moments where you can't get a clear shot at the flag or they don't have prisms on the flags.

On a side note. The pics make it look absolutely huge on the wrist. Is this thing really as big as it seems, or is it just an issue with the close up nature of the pictures? I won't use an Arccos because I hate having stuff in my pockets and refuse to clip that red thing from Game Golf on my belt. So, this thing could prove to be the ticket for me.

To Shot Scope, will you guys be adding any features to the software in the near future? I like the idea of strokes gained being on Arccos. Will there by chance be something similar rolled out to the V2?

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

you will need to make some post round adjustments, however the few times ive been lazy and I did not do any editing. I would say 98% of the data captured is accurate and useful (and if you don't miss doing the pin collect)

but for me I like to make sure every shot is captured, so once you get use to it only takes 10-15minutes to do some post round editing

Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

Ya the Watch is huge, to be honest it "feels" cheap. Once you put it on though I actually like the material they used for the straps. light weight and doesn't bug me at all.

I had Garmin s60 (probably the best smart watch/golf watch) and I had issues with that during my swing. I would actually hit buttons on my finish sometimes. There was definitely more heft with the S60 in terms of weight.

Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE