Putter repair and refinish recommendation

Ahotrain

I have a tei3 Newport 2 long neck i need to get fixed and refinished. Looking for any recommendations you guys have to do this for me. I'll include pictures and let everyone see the task at hand. Just looking to get this thing back to its original glory.

Mods if this isn't in the right spot feel free to move it. Wasn't exactly sure where to post

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For this model I would go with BOS.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

I hear good things about Continental golf

I saw someone mention them earlier on another post. May contact them and see what they think

They are pretty friendly I have head some woods refinished back in the day and they came back like new, I have seen a Scotty del Mar carbon and it looked brand new after they refinished it, I live near there so I've actually been in there store many times when they sold equipment, it was very nice back then but now so they focus on is ordering equipment alot like a pro shop and there main business is focused on club repair

For this model I would go with BOS.

Social media or website to contact them?

Google BOS putter refinish and it will pop up.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)

The top line is so damaged, I'm not sure this one can be salvaged. The insert is so close to the top line, I don't think it can be done. I know the Cameron Custom Shop wouldn't touch it.

Ping G400 SFT 12*

Ping G 5W 19*

Ping G  7W 21.5*

Ping G410 5 Hybrid 25*

Mizuno JPX 923 HM HL 6-GW

Cleveland CBX2 54* & 58*

Scotty Cameron Newport Mil Spec 340g @ 34”

Bettinardi BB1 350g @ 34”

The top line is so damaged, I'm not sure this one can be salvaged. The insert is so close to the top line, I don't think it can be done. I know the Cameron Custom Shop wouldn't touch it.

I noticed that too but thought maybe it could be milled a little to tighten it up a bit. Not sure of the process but figured worth asking

They are in raliegh, funny you are in Greenville I live in Wilson, but my wife and I are both ECU graduates

They used to be called Carolina custom golf they have been in the same spot for years, you should just take it up there to them and ask tbh I'm sure you go to raliegh here and there it will save you shipping as well lol

They are in raliegh, funny you are in Greenville I live in Wilson, but my wife and I are both ECU graduates

They used to be called Carolina custom golf they have been in the same spot for years, you should just take it up there to them and ask tbh I'm sure you go to raliegh here and there it will save you shipping as well lol

I actually live between Wilson and Greenville lol. Just easier to say Greenville for people not in the area. That may actually be what I do is take it to them and see if they can help me out

Keep us posted. I will be interested to see how it turns out whoever does the work.

Ping G400 SFT 12*

Ping G 5W 19*

Ping G  7W 21.5*

Ping G410 5 Hybrid 25*

Cleveland CBX2 54* & 58*

I actually live between Wilson and Greenville lol. Just easier to say Greenville for people not in the area. That may actually be what I do is take it to them and see if they can help me out

Farmville? Saratoga?

BOS is the only shop I'd let touch it. It's my understanding they originally applied the oil can finish to that very putter, and they can return it to near new. Yours is a bit roughed up, but you'll be amazed at the results.

http://bosgolf.com/finishes-and-prices

Patina oil is the original finish. I"ve sent 3 heads to them, all Tei3's, and I can't speak highly enough of their work.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

Farmville? Saratoga?

Macclesfield. Member at Farmville Country Club though

BOS is the only shop I'd let touch it. It's my understanding they originally applied the oil can finish to that very putter, and they can return it to near new. Yours is a bit roughed up, but you'll be amazed at the results.

http://bosgolf.com/finishes-and-prices

Patina oil is the original finish. I"ve sent 3 heads to them, all Tei3's, and I can't speak highly enough of their work.

Sounds like they have a very good reputation. Ill contact them as well to see what they think. Any pictures of the ones you had done?

Farmville? Saratoga?

Wow that's crazy I used to play that course song with Ayden and Greenville cc when I was in college with my professors alot, in the 90's mostly, been a while, how is FCC holding up?

Farmville? Saratoga?

Wow that's crazy I used to play that course song with Ayden and Greenville cc when I was in college with my professors alot, in the 90's mostly, been a while, how is FCC holding up?

Not to bad. A few greens had a spot or 2 but overall not bad especially for a small country club in the country

Agree. Heavy damage. On the insert too. No realistic way to remove the dents without a LOT of material removal.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

Agree. Heavy damage. On the insert too. No realistic way to remove the dents without a LOT of material removal.

I will let you know what I hear back from the places I have sent pictures to. If it can fixed I wont worry as much about the removed material, I can add back if needed and if I just can't use it that light my gf probably will love it

The insert is completely unusable. Too much damage.

Ping G400 SFT 12*

Ping G 5W 19*

Ping G  7W 21.5*

Ping G410 5 Hybrid 25*

Cleveland CBX2 54* & 58*

Talked to NorCal putters who are a really good crew and thinking it can be fixed but going to leave limited finish options after milling the face down some to get rid of the damage. Chance I will lose my face engravings as a product of the damage to the head. Still waiting to hear back from a few other shops and will keep the post updated.

Talked to NorCal putters who are a really good crew and thinking it can be fixed but going to leave limited finish options after milling the face down some to get rid of the damage. Chance I will lose my face engravings as a product of the damage to the head. Still waiting to hear back from a few other shops and will keep the post updated.

That's a lot of material removed. Did they give you an idea on weight loss?

Ping G400 SFT 12*

Ping G 5W 19*

Ping G  7W 21.5*

Ping G410 5 Hybrid 25*

Cleveland CBX2 54* & 58*

That's a lot of material removed. Did they give you an idea on weight loss?

Not yet. Still doing some figuring, says I shouldn't "lose" them but for sure going to be more shallow. Waiting to hear back from BOS and Continental also.

Perhaps you'll be better off giving it a good clean and using it "as is".

Some of the guys are right on about how much it will take.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

This is the tricky part about restoring putters. If the head is badly dinged up so much metal has to be removed the weight becomes too light. Insert putters are especially difficult if dings go down to the insert top line. Good luck with the project. Hopefully one of the recommendations can do a good job for you. This is a classic Scotty.

You may want to give Kyle at BastainMilled.com.a message

He’s on Instagram as well

In Dallas, NC

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x